2 - Doesn’t really care either way
38%

Total votes: 24

Vuldari
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Aspiring "Reverse" Kitsune

Post by Vuldari »

Figarou wrote:You're telling us not to be rude when you yourself is putting Lucas down? :?

I don't get it. ??
What's not to get?

I went to the Silver Screen Cafe and was served a burnt steak...am I wrong to be disatisfied?

However, what you guys are doing is Going to the Werewolf Bed and Breakfast and complaining about the steak that was served to someone elses table. Why the Hell does it matter that the steak was served well-done with mushrooms and you don't like that. It wasn't your order. No one asked you to eat it...or stick your nose into someone elses plate to see what was being served to them for that matter.

(Sorry...I just don't know how to make my point without using off the wall examples like this. I know there is a name for it, but I can't remember what it is.)

Long story short...there is no ruleset as to what a Werewolf is or is not supposed to look like. It is completely open to individual interpretation. The artist who created this obviously imagines the creature looking more like this. Who are you to say he is wrong?

You can say that you hate it. That is fine. Go right ahead. HATE IT. ...but please leave it at that.

Do not let your dislike for this piece turn into hatred for the artist.

I do not Hate George Lucas...

...I'm really mad at him...but I don't hate him.

I would be lying if I said that the man deserved all of the cruel things I've said about him. ...I've been a terribly rude S.O.B. ,honestly.

Please...just try to be respectful.

In the StarWars thread, (which Fig is so quick to turn against me), I repeadedly conceed that Episode III was a succesfull and well recieved film, which I personally was sorely dissapointed with. I seem to recall repeating several times that I thought it was "A really Good pear"...but that I hate pears and wanted an Orange.

...And I'm sure I also said alot of things that blatantly labeled George Lucas as an Idiot. (Actually...I just re-read everything I wrote in that thread, and I only called him an idiot once. I actually counter-pointed and defended the film against myself in half of my posts.)

I've made my mistakes...and I'm trying to learn from them and grow as a person. Reminding me of every stupid thing I've done in the past is not accomplising anything. ...and rightfully calling foul on me for displaying hateful attitudes on other subjects does not make hating someone else any more right or just.

Reality check.

Hate sucks... (...when I do it too...)
Please Forgive the Occasional Outburst of my Inner Sage ... for he is Oblivious to Sarcasm, and not Easily Silenced.

=^.^'= ~
Lupin
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Ninja BOFH

Post by Lupin »

Scott Gardener wrote:Vuldari did bring up a good point; on the Internet, EVERYONE can hear you scream. That means, one should keep in mind that the artist could be listening. I'm not going to lie and say I like the thing, but I should not have been a jerk about it.

But, Fig has a point, too.
That's a distinct possiblity, especially since we keep linking to pages on that website, so we'll be ending up in the server logs.
I don't suffer from lycanthropy, I enjoy every minute of it! Image
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Executive Producer (Red Victoria)

Post by Figarou »

Vuldari wrote:
Do not let your dislike for this piece turn into hatred for the artist.

*sigh* I don't hate the artist that created that piece. Please stop saying that.

Vuldari wrote:

Long story short...there is no ruleset as to what a Werewolf is or is not supposed to look like.

Of course. There is no rules. But we are here for a reason. We are here to build the ultimate werewolf. To correct the mistakes hollywood has placed on the werewolf.
Vuldari
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Vuldari »

Figarou wrote:
Vuldari wrote:Do not let your dislike for this piece turn into hatred for the artist.
*sigh* I don't hate the artist that created that piece. Please stop saying that.
That was not dirrected at anyone in perticular, nor was neccesarily claiming anyone has taken it that far yet...but the trend of peoples attitudes in this thread seemed to be leading that way in the beginning, so I said this as a warning against it.
Figarou wrote:
Vuldari wrote:Long story short...there is no ruleset as to what a Werewolf is or is not supposed to look like.
Of course. There is no rules. But we are here for a reason. We are here to build the ultimate werewolf. To correct the mistakes hollywood has placed on the werewolf.
Create Yes...

...correct others who did not ask for your opinion...NO.

Let Hollywood make thier own kinds of Werewolf films. The public will decide which ones they choose to see.

You cannot correct someone on a point that has no definate answer.
Please Forgive the Occasional Outburst of my Inner Sage ... for he is Oblivious to Sarcasm, and not Easily Silenced.

=^.^'= ~
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Figarou »

Vuldari wrote:
Figarou wrote:
Vuldari wrote:Do not let your dislike for this piece turn into hatred for the artist.
That was not dirrected at anyone in perticular, nor was neccesarily claiming anyone has taken it that far yet...but the trend of peoples attitudes in this thread seemed to be leading that way in the beginning, so I said this as a warning against it.
Figarou wrote:
Vuldari wrote:Long story short...there is no ruleset as to what a Werewolf is or is not supposed to look like.
Create Yes...

Let Hollywood make thier own kinds of Werewolf films. The public will decide which ones they choose to see.

Ok...fine. We are here to "create" not correct.
Renorei
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Renorei »

Vuldari wrote: You cannot correct someone on a point that has no definate answer.

Heh. Wow. You know, I really, really hope that you retain this knowledge, the next time someone else is defending their version of werewolves. No offense or anything, but you haven't exactly applied the above statement to some of your fairly recent posts in other threads.

I seem to remember several other threads in which MY version of werewolves was, somehow, WRONG.

There is a lot that we all can take away from this discussion. You included.

Nobody's vision of werewolves is wrong. Just because someone's opinion differs from yours, doesn't mean that it is ugly or inappropriate for Freeborn. Everyone's opinion is of equal merit, and no one deserves for their ideas to be discredited because they don't match up with someone else's ideas of what Freeborn is. This particular paragraph is not directed towards anyone in particular, as we have all been guilty of it in some form, myself most definitely included.

Sorry for dragging all that old baggage in. I don't mean to insult you or criticize you at all. It's just that, your above statement, which I have quoted, is, IMO, something by which all pack members should abide by when posting in this forum. And I sincerely hope that you remember it in future posts that you make. I hope that we all do. There has been a lot of uneccessary, bitter arguing, all because many of us have failed to grasp the concept at the top of this post.

If you feel the need to respond to this post, please do not do so in anger. It was not my intention to anger you. You are by no means the only person whom this post is directed at. It is something we have all been guilty of, even me. All I want to do is remind you, and everyone else as well, to remember those words ^ in all our future discussions on this forum. If this forum had only one golden rule that its members should observe, I believe Vuldari's above words are it.
Lupin
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Lupin »

Vuldari wrote:Create Yes...

No, but you can provide your input as to what you like and dislike, which is what most of the people are doing here.
Vuldari
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Vuldari »

Lupin wrote:No, but you can provide your input as to what you like and dislike, which is what most of the people are doing here.
Most...but not all. I was troubled by attitudes of some comments...
That's just retarded.
Dose some one have a gun? i want to take it out back and put it out of its misery
I cannot begin to express in words my feelings on the matter. The Lycanthrope Global Freedom Federation will be filing a formal complaint to all the governments of the free world over this.
...so I began to warn against it. Even when half joking, this kind of thing is really mean...and that last part was suggesting that we should actively repress the work of the artist...which was really going way to far.

But then things got out of controll once again (as it often seems to do when I'm involved in a conversation for some reason).

It is apparently quite popular to call my faults (surely because I so often remind all to be wary of thier own) .

I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry...

I'm not a perfect person. I screw up on a regular basis. But I try very hard to admit to my faults, appologise and...
...appologise some more when I realise how stupid I've been.

Of course I've broken my own reccomendations in the past...

...that's how I learned why they are Bad to ignore.

I'm going to screw up again too...I'm only human after all. But please try not to use my own faults and past mistakes as exuses to act as stupid as I've been. It's like watching someone jump off a cliff after you just finished warning them not to...because they gestured at the cast on your leg and pointed out "but you did it first".

"Yes...yes I did...which is why I'm begging you not to do the same. I've learned first hand what will happen if you do."

If you see me as such an evil person for doing and saying similar things in the past...shouldn't that give you a good reason not to imitate me?

...learn from my mistakes. Dont repeat them in my name...please?

=^.^'= ~
Renorei
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Renorei »

Vuldari wrote: It is apparently quite popular to call my faults (surely because I so often remind all to be wary of thier own) .

I'm not a perfect person. I screw up on a regular basis. But I try very hard to admit to my faults, appologise and...

I'm going to screw up again too...I'm only human after all. But please try not to use my own faults and past mistakes as exuses to act as stupid as I've been. It's like watching someone jump off a cliff after you just finished warning them not to...because they gestured at the cast on your leg and pointed out "but you did it first".

"Yes...yes I did...which is why I'm begging you not to do the same. I've learned first hand what will happen if you do."

If you see me as such an evil person for doing and saying similar things in the past...shouldn't that give you a good reason not to imitate me?

....Agreed.
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Figarou »

Excelsia wrote:
Vuldari wrote: It is apparently quite popular to call my faults (surely because I so often remind all to be wary of thier own) .

....Agreed.

but how long will it last? :wink:

*runs and hides* :jester:
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Figarou »

Vuldari wrote:
Lupin wrote:No, but you can provide your input as to what you like and dislike, which is what most of the people are doing here.
That's just retarded.
Dose some one have a gun? i want to take it out back and put it out of its misery
I cannot begin to express in words my feelings on the matter. The Lycanthrope Global Freedom Federation will be filing a formal complaint to all the governments of the free world over this.
...so I began to warn against it. Even when half joking, this kind of thing is really mean...and that last part was suggesting that we should actively repress the work of the artist...which was really going way to far.
you need to realize that people don't always mean what they say. If someone broke into my house and stole everything, the 1st thing I'll say is that I want to kill whoever did it. Am I really going to do it? No. So please don't take it seriously.
Lupin
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Lupin »

Excelsia wrote:
Vuldari wrote: ...learn from my mistakes. Dont repeat them in my name...please?

....Agreed.

:coolflip:
Vuldari
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Vuldari »

Figarou wrote:
Excelsia wrote:
Vuldari wrote:...learn from my mistakes. Dont repeat them in my name...please?
....Agreed.

Lupin wrote:Image
You seem so suprised that Excelsia and I could possibly agree on something.

Perhaps my memory is broken or somthing, but Do Excelsia and I have some secret feud going on? ...so secret that I don't even realise I am part of it?

I'm confused. Image

=^.^'= ~
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Figarou »

Lupin wrote:
Excelsia wrote:
Vuldari wrote: ...learn from my mistakes. Dont repeat them in my name...please?

....Agreed.

:coolflip:

We all make mistakes. Making mistakes is part of the learning process. But when do we realize the other person has made a mistake? When he/she admits to it. Learning the mistakes of others is like competition. They get the blame. They walk with thier tail between the legs. When you look to others to pay for your mistakes, then you deprive yourself of the opportunity to learn from them. When something goes wrong, it's usually very easy to find someone else to blame. But what does that really accomplish?
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Figarou »

Vuldari wrote:
Figarou wrote:
Excelsia wrote:
Vuldari wrote:...learn from my mistakes. Dont repeat them in my name...please?
....Agreed.

Lupin wrote:Image
You seem so suprised that Excelsia and I could possibly agree on something.

Perhaps my memory is broken or somthing, but Do Excelsia and I have some secret feud going on? ...so secret that I don't even realise I am part of it?

I'm confused. Image

I'm just joking around. Note the ---> :jester:
Lupin
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Lupin »

Vuldari wrote: You seem so suprised that Excelsia and I could possibly agree on something.

I'm confused. Image

In my recollection, you to tend to disagree more often than not. But I could always be misremembering.
Lupin
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Lupin »

Figarou wrote:
Vuldari wrote:
That's just retarded.
you need to realize that people don't always mean what they say. If someone broke into my house and stole everything, the 1st thing I'll say is that I want to kill whoever did it. Am I really going to do it? No. So please don't take it seriously.
Yeah, I kinda figured that Scott was making that post in jest. Unless there really is some sort of Lycanthrope Global Freedom Federation. (If you could send one of your recruters over to my house, that'd be great.)
Vuldari
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Vuldari »

Figarou wrote:... But when do we realize the other person has made a mistake? When he/she admits to it. Learning the mistakes of others is like competition. They get the blame. They walk with thier tail between the legs. When you look to others to pay for your mistakes, then you deprive yourself of the opportunity to learn from them. When something goes wrong, it's usually very easy to find someone else to blame. But what does that really accomplish?
...hunh?...

You realize that another person made a mistake when they get hurt for it. ...and then you learn not to do the same.

If you never have to suffer the pain of getting your hand bitten by the neighbors cat because you watched me make that mistake for you...you can totally blame becoming wiser about that cat on me.

Learning from anothers mistakes means not repeating them. If the second party does not take ill-advised action because they learned from the mistakes of the first party, then there are no more mistakes to BLAME on Anyone.

I agree, though, that there is something to say about the wisdom one gains by learning a lesson "the HARD way", and that blaming someone else when something goes wrong accomplishes nothing.

Shouldn't we get back on Topic Now?
---------------------------------------------------------------------

What is this from anyway? Who created it? Why? What else has the artist made? Is it part of a series?

=^.^'= ~
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Figarou »

Vuldari wrote:

Shouldn't we get back on Topic Now?
---------------------------------------------------------------------

What is this from anyway? Who created it? Why? What else has the artist made? Is it part of a series?

:google:

http://www.mbpfx.com/opendoor.html

http://www.mbpfx.com/catalog/index.html

http://www.mbpfx.com/catalog/modelkits.html

http://www.mbpfx.com/catalog/gfx/images/wolf.jpg <--- this one looks better than the 1st one.
Renorei
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Renorei »

Vuldari wrote: You seem so suprised that Excelsia and I could possibly agree on something.

I'm confused. Image

heh heh. Secret fued no, but we do disagree a lot.
Last edited by Renorei on Sun Dec 11, 2005 2:43 am, edited 2 times in total.
Lupin
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Lupin »

Excelsia wrote: heh heh. Secret fued no, but we do disagree a lot.
Yep.
Last edited by Lupin on Sun Dec 11, 2005 3:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
Renorei
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Renorei »

Lupin wrote:
Excelsia wrote: heh heh. Secret fued no, but we do disagree a lot.
Yep.

I LOOOVVVEE CHOCOLATE PIE!!!

Heh, sorry, I just felt like saying that.
Last edited by Renorei on Sun Dec 11, 2005 10:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ultraken
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Ultraken »

Excelsia wrote:I LOOOVVVEE CHOCOLATE PIE!!!
Seconded! :grinp:
Lupin
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Lupin »

Ultraken wrote:
Excelsia wrote:I LOOOVVVEE CHOCOLATE PIE!!!
Seconded! :grinp:
I don't have that, but I do have chocolate birthday cake. :party:
vrikasatma
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Sometimes, ya just gotta say ... BLEEEE!!
Additional Details: Digg: Gemfinder
Dragon Cave: http://dragcave.net/user/Xocowolf
Twitter: @Xocowolf
Mood: Busy

Post by vrikasatma »

Gimme a few weeks, I've got a chocolate fountain with my name on it in Santa's sleigh. :wonkawolf:
ImageImageImageImage