75%

Total votes: 24

Mix Bouda-Lycaon
Pack Leader
Pack Leader
Custom Title: Were-Hyaenidae-Taur

Alchemy Arts Classes: Therianthopy

Post by Mix Bouda-Lycaon »

(This is a 'majick' store in Chicago, IL: 100+ herbs for spells, books on witchcraft and etc, old artifacts, etc. Sorry, no Wolfsbane, but if you want to attend, I can order some for everyone to 'nibble' on... >.>...)
-------------

Hello-
Forwarding this class information that Ken thought you might be interested in. Contact the shop directly at 773-334-2120 for more information.

January 14, 2006
1:30pm - 2:30pm

Therianthropy (inherent shapeshifting) by Lupa
Ever wondered what it's like to be a werewolf? Therianthropy is the modern interpretation of inherent internalized animal energy--in other words, being human and animal simultaneously. Learn about what therianthropy is (and isn't), what it's like to be a therian, and the magical implications thereof. Class cost, $10.
I just wish I could shift... just at least once before I possibly die, or at least to witness one
Anubis
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Eletist Jerk

Post by Anubis »

if it dosen't cost much and its near where i live, yea i'll go
THE GAME

My Armory
Short Tail
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Resident Chakat

Post by Short Tail »

chicago is near utah? dallas to chicago is too far and plus that whole boarding school thing. sorry no can do
"War is over if you want it to be. Imagine all the people living life in peace." - John & Yoko
Vuldari
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Aspiring "Reverse" Kitsune

Post by Vuldari »

...wait...

I don't think one can take a class to learn to be a therian.

...but then I guess one could assume that only people who potentially ARE therians would be interested in attending.

Sounds like it might at least be amusing, at the very least.

...though, sadly, Chicago is a little too far for me to travel. That would be at least a TWO DAY (48 hours) journey, round trip, by car from where I am...and I have niether the time or the money for such a thing.

...that, and I've allready done my soul searching and ruled out Theriantropy as the source of my wierdness, so there would not be much there for me anyway.

Please Forgive the Occasional Outburst of my Inner Sage ... for he is Oblivious to Sarcasm, and not Easily Silenced.

=^.^'= ~
Lone_Wolf
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Lone_Wolf »

Unfortunately that's quite far away for me :(
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Executive Producer (Red Victoria)

Re: Alchemy Arts Classes: Therianthopy

Post by Figarou »

Mix Bouda-Lycaon wrote:
Therianthropy (inherent shapeshifting) by Lupa
Ever wondered what it's like to be a werewolf? Therianthropy is the modern interpretation of inherent internalized animal energy--in other words, being human and animal simultaneously. Learn about what therianthropy is (and isn't), what it's like to be a therian, and the magical implications thereof. Class cost, $10.

No thanks. I'm confused enough as it is.

*head explodes* :splodey:
Merrypaws
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Merrypaws »

I live square across the planet, and I already know what's it like being a therian.
But granted, if I lived near Chicago, I'd sure as hey go.
Do we really need the solution? Couldn't we just enjoy the problem for now?
Lupin
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Ninja BOFH

Post by Lupin »

While that would be interesting to see, I like everone else am entirely too far away.
I don't suffer from lycanthropy, I enjoy every minute of it! Image
Mix Bouda-Lycaon
Pack Leader
Pack Leader

Merrypaws wrote:...I already know what's it like being a therian.
I'm getting real sick of people saying that...

-.-...
I just wish I could shift... just at least once before I possibly die, or at least to witness one
Lone_Wolf
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Lone_Wolf »

Mix Bouda-Lycaon wrote:

-.-...
Why is that? :?
Vilkacis
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Vilkacis »

Lone_Wolf wrote:
Mix Bouda-Lycaon wrote:

-.-...
I think it's a matter of differing (and unyielding) opinions on what therianthropy is...

Mix Bouda-Lycaon's definition has very little, from what I can infer from the description above, to do with the common definition I see used by most people.

In an area (such as the topic of therianthropy) where exist so very many varying opinions, anyone who believes that they know the only right answer is bound to become frustrated when they see other people ignorantly or deliberately spread 'false' information. I imagine what they see as 'pretenders' would especially get their goat.

The solution here, I think, is to realize that we're talking about two different things here, even though we're calling them by the same name. Keep them clearly separated in your mind.

In my experience, therians tend to have very strong and very personal beliefs about what it entails.

So, if anyone wishes to start a debate about therianthropy, it ought to be treated with the same extreme I-must-tread-lightly care given to a debate about religion because, as has been demonstrated in many different message boards around the world, it is a subject that can easily explode into a bitter conflagration.

-- Vilkacis
Mix Bouda-Lycaon
Pack Leader
Pack Leader

Vilkacis wrote:
Lone_Wolf wrote:
Mix Bouda-Lycaon wrote:

-.-...
I think it's a matter of differing (and unyielding) opinions on what therianthropy is...

Mix Bouda-Lycaon's definition has very little, from what I can infer from the description above, to do with the common definition I see used by most people.

In an area (such as the topic of therianthropy) where exist so very many varying opinions, anyone who believes that they know the only right answer is bound to become frustrated when they see other people ignorantly or deliberately spread 'false' information. I imagine what they see as 'pretenders' would especially get their goat.

The solution here, I think, is to realize that we're talking about two different things here, even though we're calling them by the same name. Keep them clearly separated in your mind.

In my experience, therians tend to have very strong and very personal beliefs about what it entails.

So, if anyone wishes to start a debate about therianthropy, it ought to be treated with the same extreme I-must-tread-lightly care given to a debate about religion because, as has been demonstrated in many different message boards around the world, it is a subject that can easily explode into a bitter conflagration.

-- Vilkacis
I never gave a definition...

...hell, 'you might learn something new' is all that I'm saying
Timber-WoIf
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Timber-WoIf »

if i did attend, it would be more to lean about a therians way of thinking. I have done some reasearch, and from everythig ive read it CANT be learned. Not the true kind anyway. I guess because i am not one myself, but id still like to have some idea...
Deviantart? Why'd I do this?
I am relentlessly agressive

Image<--- THEY PWN U
celtwolf
Legendary
Legendary

Post by celtwolf »

heh, i've already made peace with my inner wolf. whatever the medium of communication may be i don't care. and the way the ad is worded there is no definite chance of physical changing or anything. it sounds like some nifty thing for a lark, but i'm not really interested.
have fun to everyone going, i'm staying where i am and laughing at you guys when you get whacked out on the wolfy-weed.
i'm just stating what i know and what i think, if you don't like it, you can leave me alone.

i am the well-read werewolf
:read:
Goldenwolf
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Yes, -that- Goldenwolf

Post by Goldenwolf »

Oh boy, people are holding classes on Therianthropy now. 9.9 *grumbles and shuffles back into her cave of oldness*
Over 25% of human genes are the same as those of a banana. Get over yourself.
Fenrir
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Fenrir »

Wait Alchemy? As in those "scientists" who tried to make gold out of rocks and find the elixer of eternal life? What's that have to do with anything!? ??
"Nam Sibyllam quidem Cumis ego ipse oculis meis vidi in ampulla pendere et cul illi pueri dicerent 'Sibylla Ti cupisne' respondebat illa 'Cupio mortere'."

-Satyricon
Set
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Devil in disguise

Post by Set »

Fenrir wrote:Wait Alchemy? As in those "scientists" who tried to make gold out of rocks and find the elixer of eternal life? What's that have to do with anything!? ??
Alchemy Arts is the name of the store where the class is going to be.

As I live nowhere near Chicago, I can't go. But I am interested in what they may say in the class. Unlike most (note that the word most does not mean the same as all, so don't get your tail in a knot) therians I don't immediately dismiss things like this as being crap. In fact even things that most would avoid like the plague (like that book by Rosalyn Greene) can have interesting, even useful, information in them if only people would put their ginormagantuan egos aside and try to look at it from the viewpoint of an impartial observer. I would very much like to go. I just can't get there.
Lone_Wolf
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Lone_Wolf »

Timber-WoIf wrote:if i did attend, it would be more to lean about a therians way of thinking. I have done some reasearch, and from everythig ive read it CANT be learned. Not the true kind anyway. I guess because i am not one myself, but id still like to have some idea...
Exactly. I would go if I could just out of curiousity (I've spent $10 in worse ways). I consider myself to be a therian but that does not mean that I wouldn't at the very least enjoy the presentation. I would say it cannot be "learned" as well. It is actually an integral part of you after all. Still, it could be fun and interesting.
Mix Bouda-Lycaon
Pack Leader
Pack Leader

:howl:  :oo
Last edited by Mix Bouda-Lycaon on Sat May 01, 2010 10:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
Fenrir
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Fenrir »

Reilune wrote:
Fenrir wrote:Wait Alchemy? As in those "scientists" who tried to make gold out of rocks and find the elixer of eternal life? What's that have to do with anything!? ??
Alchemy Arts is the name of the store where the class is going to be.

As I live nowhere near Chicago, I can't go. But I am interested in what they may say in the class. Unlike most (note that the word most does not mean the same as all, so don't get your tail in a knot) therians I don't immediately dismiss things like this as being crap. In fact even things that most would avoid like the plague (like that book by Rosalyn Greene) can have interesting, even useful, information in them if only people would put their ginormagantuan egos aside and try to look at it from the viewpoint of an impartial observer. I would very much like to go. I just can't get there.

aaah i get it now, well didn't know that thanks Reilune
"Nam Sibyllam quidem Cumis ego ipse oculis meis vidi in ampulla pendere et cul illi pueri dicerent 'Sibylla Ti cupisne' respondebat illa 'Cupio mortere'."

-Satyricon
Scott Gardener
Legendary
Legendary
Mood: Excited

Post by Scott Gardener »

I'd love to, but going all the way to Chicago for it is a bit much. Still, Bray Road is only an hour and a half or so away.
Taking a Gestalt approach, since it's the "in" thing...