TF Order?

This is the place for discussion and voting on various aspects of werewolf life, social ideas, physical appearance, etc. Also a place to vote on how a werewolf should look.
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Executive Producer (Red Victoria)

Post by Figarou »

Rodentia wrote:I like that order and think it will look great on screen..

as as to the comment about not showing the internal changes, I was watching a movie on cable the other night (Underworld, I think) and they showed the heart beating faster and harder, ribs shifting and such from inside the torso..was pretty cool..but definitely not necessary..
It was Underworld alright. Good thing they didn't show the stomach contents.
Silverclaw
Mood: Meh...

Post by Silverclaw »

OFFFICIAL SHIFTING ORDER:

Extremities first. (i.e. hands,feet, tail, ears,)
Eyes actually happen as well at this time, but eyes are just special.
Then torso, muscles, major bones, and face..
Fur fuzzes out at this time as well, but will finish its growth last.

I've done a few tests, if fur comes in first, then it looks like a human plushie getting blown up like a baloon. Ya gotta have the sweat, the skinstretching... brings out the drama, helps justify the emotions the characters are going through. I hope this doesnt dissapoint anyone, but its cinema.
That sounds great to me :D
Maybe we could see some of these tests*looks innocent* :)
And please be sure to give the tail some screentime! Gotta love tails :lol:
Vuldari
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Aspiring "Reverse" Kitsune

Post by Vuldari »

ABrownrigg wrote:I've done a few tests, if fur comes in first, then it looks like a human plushie getting blown up like a baloon. Ya gotta have the sweat, the skinstretching... brings out the drama, helps justify the emotions the characters are going through. I hope this doesnt dissapoint anyone, but its cinema.
Hmmm...now that you mention it, that does make sense. No...I'm not dissapointed at all.
I wrote:...however, I strongly encourage the filmakers to "mix things up" as needed if the change makes logical sense, or provides better dramatic effect.
Go with what you think works. It sounds like you know what you are doing. 8)
Howling Fan
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Howling Fan »

[quote="ABrownrigg"]OFFFICIAL SHIFTING ORDER:

I've done a few tests, if fur comes in first, then it looks like a human plushie getting blown up like a baloon. Ya gotta have the sweat, the skinstretching... brings out the drama, helps justify the emotions the characters are going through. I hope this doesnt dissapoint anyone, but its cinema.

Anthony Brownrigg[/quote]

Well, if you've already conducted tests, then you certainly know more than us about what looks best. Come to think of it, I take back what I said about fur growth starting early in the TF. Not only will it look like a "plushie," as you mentioned, but then this film will come dangerously close to being "furry," and by no means do I consider myself a "furry." I know it sounds hypocritical, but I'm a TF fan; there's a difference. The sweat, skin stretching, and muscle building will all be enhanced without the fur first; not only will it be easier to see, but the whole experience will be more intense--both emotion/character wise and F/X/TF wise. Your idea didn't "disappoint," as you suggested. It excites!
Well done, Anthony. Well done.
Mitternacht
Pack Leader
Pack Leader

Post by Mitternacht »

From the thumbnail breakdown of the TF order for this film I like where its headed. I've always been one to use the experience to ease of transformation approach, includeing TF order.

I subscribe to the theory of , your body exsists as its the minds eye percieves it to be.To transform , jsut change your mental picture of yourself. The clear the picture in your head, from experience, the smoother and faster the TF happend.

Just my thoughts on that one.

-Mitty
Terastas
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Spare Pelican

Post by Terastas »

Mitternacht wrote:I subscribe to the theory of , your body exsists as its the minds eye percieves it to be.To transform , jsut change your mental picture of yourself. The clear the picture in your head, from experience, the smoother and faster the TF happend.
Like in the Matrix? I could go with that, but... Well, my word of caution in regards to picturing one's self as the werewolf would be that K.A. Applegate's Animorphs shifted in pretty much the same way -- by focusing on the animal they wished to become. It was a cool concept and all, especially because it explained why the shifting was randomized (if they only thought about the wolf's head, that's all they would get), but... Well, seeing who the target audience of that series was, it might be worthwhile to avoid any clear-cut similarities.
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Figarou »

Terastas wrote:
Mitternacht wrote:I subscribe to the theory of , your body exsists as its the minds eye percieves it to be.To transform , jsut change your mental picture of yourself. The clear the picture in your head, from experience, the smoother and faster the TF happend.
Like in the Matrix? I could go with that, but... Well, my word of caution in regards to picturing one's self as the werewolf would be that K.A. Applegate's Animorphs shifted in pretty much the same way -- by focusing on the animal they wished to become. It was a cool concept and all, especially because it explained why the shifting was randomized (if they only thought about the wolf's head, that's all they would get), but... Well, seeing who the target audience of that series was, it might be worthwhile to avoid any clear-cut similarities.

The Matrix? Hmmmm..

werewolf1 Take the red pill, you become a werewolf. Take the blue to become human again.

werewolf2 Whats the green pill for?

werewolf1 Oh, how did that get in there. Thats for upset stomach.

:D
Mitternacht
Pack Leader
Pack Leader

Post by Mitternacht »

teh other reference I use is akin to a mental Balance slider like you have on yor stereo. Wolf on one side Himan on the other. The mental image is sort of the trigger for the slider, one way or the othr.

-MItty
ChaosWolf
Legendary
Legendary

Post by ChaosWolf »

Microsoft WereWolf XP?

My Werewolf Code!:
WWC1.0 SSHb LNAn SPDbsh SILt WTRn GDRs UNQd EATafvy SGNepcy SPKw STCb WLL+ HRT++ DLY+++++ STY+++++ INT0 RGN+ JMP+ STR+ BIG+ COL++ AGE+ CMN- AGL+ IRT+ EYE+ FUR+
Scott Gardener
Legendary
Legendary
Mood: Excited

Post by Scott Gardener »

Browningg: No complaints here; I can see how fur too early wouldn't look right. I'll have to concede that one.

ChaosWolf: You beat me to the punch! I have yet to see how Service Pack 2 changes those settings. I do believe it adds a patch to resolve a vulnerability issue in which malicious code could be introduced through a silver bullet.
Taking a Gestalt approach, since it's the "in" thing...
Blade-of-the-Moon
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Lurking Spirit

Post by Blade-of-the-Moon »

ABrownrigg wrote:OFFFICIAL SHIFTING ORDER:

Anthony Brownrigg
I always figured it was happening all over at once and the film shots were the only thing ordered.... :wink:
" The Wolf runs swiftly through the forests of night, he carries the Blade-of-the-Moon.... "
Aki
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Wolfblood

Post by Aki »

ChaosWolf wrote:Microsoft WereWolf XP?

:lol:

Nice one. :P
Kzinistzerg
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Kzinistzerg »

That would be soo cool...
Lycanthrope
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Lycanthrope »

Going back to the topic.
I could be wrong but I think that in Stephen King's "Cycle of the Werewolf", some slight changes started appearing during the day before Full Moon. Eye colour was getting more yellow, muscles were growing a bit and Werewolf's behaviour also changed.
It's a pretty nice idea I think.
Imagine a Werewolf before the first shift confused because of his different eye colour, slightly bigger height, more brown nails and hair growing. Here I mean sidewhiskers, beard, thick hair on his head and a bit darker hair all over his body. All of that unnoticeable at the first look. Still some people could see that the person looks different.
What do you think about it?
Scott Gardener
Legendary
Legendary
Mood: Excited

Notice anything different?

Post by Scott Gardener »

The person one's self might notice the changes first, with others then commenting on things, like "I thought I remembered your having blue eyes." To someone who has no idea that one is becoming werewolf, it would be pretty startling. To someone who knows, it would be either exhillerating or terrifying.
Taking a Gestalt approach, since it's the "in" thing...
Kzinistzerg
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Kzinistzerg »

That would be interesting, but probably annoying.
WolvenOne
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: The Right-Wing WarMongering Artsy-Fartsy Woof

Post by WolvenOne »

The official order posted by A. Brownrigg looks fine to me.

and yes I'm still alive, I've merely been busy.
Set
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Devil in disguise

Post by Set »

One thing I wanna say before I forget...and I don't know if anyone else has brought it up but...

For Ra's sake don't bend the knees backwards in the TFs! It looks funky and besides it would be getting the anatomy all wrong. Wolves walk on their toes. I noticed alot of werewolf movies don't seem to grasp the concept. Please don't subject the Pack to that kind of horror. It's just wrong.
Apokryltaros
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Imperial Weirdo And Insect Expert

Post by Apokryltaros »

Reilune wrote:One thing I wanna say before I forget...and I don't know if anyone else has brought it up but...

For Ra's sake don't bend the knees backwards in the TFs! It looks funky and besides it would be getting the anatomy all wrong. Wolves walk on their toes. I noticed alot of werewolf movies don't seem to grasp the concept. Please don't subject the Pack to that kind of horror. It's just wrong.
Don't worry your pretty little head about it.
Mr Brownrigg promised us that if the Special FX people do something stupid like that, they'll get their knees bent backwards.
"I was all of history's great acting robots: Acting Unit 0.8, Thespo-mat, David Duchovny!"
-Calculon
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Figarou »

Apokryltaros wrote:
Reilune wrote:One thing I wanna say before I forget...and I don't know if anyone else has brought it up but...

Don't worry your pretty little head about it.
Mr Brownrigg promised us that if the Special FX people do something stupid like that, they'll get their knees bent backwards.
Or BONKED by a duckie!! Image

:lol:
ABrownrigg
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by ABrownrigg »

Yep, das right. No KNEES BENDING BACKWARDS. I agree, its hokey, and just plain wrong.
Terastas
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Spare Pelican

Post by Terastas »

Lycanthrope wrote:Going back to the topic.
I could be wrong but I think that in Stephen King's "Cycle of the Werewolf", some slight changes started appearing during the day before Full Moon. Eye colour was getting more yellow, muscles were growing a bit and Werewolf's behaviour also changed.
It's a pretty nice idea I think.
Imagine a Werewolf before the first shift confused because of his different eye colour, slightly bigger height, more brown nails and hair growing. Here I mean sidewhiskers, beard, thick hair on his head and a bit darker hair all over his body. All of that unnoticeable at the first look. Still some people could see that the person looks different.
What do you think about it?
That would be interesting, but since the current concept is that werewolves gain more control over their shifting as they adapt, it would probably only likely happen to rookies during the full moon.

But yeah, I could see the minor changes happening beforehand and only getting noticed by chance, like getting his comb stuck in his hair-turned-headfur or bumping his head as he gets into his car since he's taller, for example. And yeah, comments would abound, but I think they'd be more of the "you need a shave," or "you need to trim your nails" variety. Eye color might be noticable, but I doubt anyone but someone they are close or intimate with would notice it. Eye contact doesn't play a very big role in society anymore, so unless someone's eyes have a unique appearance to them, we generally don't remember any colorations except our own and those of our direct relatives.
Set
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Devil in disguise

Post by Set »

ABrownrigg wrote:Yep, das right. No KNEES BENDING BACKWARDS. I agree, its hokey, and just plain wrong.
Ok I can stop worrying now. I just wasn't sure if it had been mentioned already.
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Figarou »

Reilune wrote:
ABrownrigg wrote:Yep, das right. No KNEES BENDING BACKWARDS. I agree, its hokey, and just plain wrong.
Ok I can stop worrying now. I just wasn't sure if it had been mentioned already.

I think it has been mentioned.

What I'm wondering is the sound effects during the TF. I know I mentioned that a while back.

It starts here.

http://calypso-blue.com/werewolf/viewto ... =1188#1188

Read that post and my other post below it.
ABrownrigg
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by ABrownrigg »

Figarou, I will do my damndest to make all the soundeffects in surround sound THX megga maniac audio eyepopping, heart stopping 6.1, or 25.1 if I can make it so. I can tell you that cantalopes will be used in some cases.

:o