15%
4 - I like werewolves a lot but wouldn’t want to become one
15%

Total votes: 67

WolfVanZandt
Legendary
Legendary

Post by WolfVanZandt »

Yes,I truely regret having missed the MST version.
Alpha
Legendary
Legendary
Mood: Stressed

Post by Alpha »

Terastas wrote: Hmm... Its working fine for me, but at any rate, you can see his rib cage, his fur is mangy and he's got thinner pipe-arms than even I do; it looks like he's anorexic.

Not only that, but it looks like he's suffering from alopecia. I mean is he supposed to be a werewolf, or a were-chinese crested? :lol:
What Mafia
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Mafia? Not that I'm aware of...
Mood: Depressed

Post by What Mafia »

Terastas wrote:
Apokryltaros wrote:What gave you that idea?
The idea that Lupin was an unhealthy werewolf?
Hmmm....
I think he's going for the concentration camp look. :lol:
It's a shame an entire family can be torn up by something as simple as wild dogs.
Darth Canis
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Darth Canis »

I just hated the werewolves in Underworld i liked the movie itself aside from the fact that the werewolves looked like aliens and that there were no women werewolves. Now going in an opposite direction what would you say is the best theatrical werewolf you have seen. I have to vote for vanhelsing on this one. The only thing that could have been done to improve on this werewolf would have been to add a tail.
The little girl who always wanted to fly an x wing and be raised by wolves... Come to think of it she still does.
WolfVanZandt
Legendary
Legendary

Post by WolfVanZandt »

VanHelsing. The Werewolf in Bad Moon also looked good but the transformation was wonky. I like Metal Beast also but I like seeing Barry Boswick as the bad guy even more. And the Werewolves in Dog Soldiers get an honorable mention, but they need to start using Rogaine.
Alpha
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Alpha »

Darth Canis wrote:I just hated the werewolves in Underworld i liked the movie itself aside from the fact that the werewolves looked like aliens and that there were no women werewolves.
Actually, there were female lycans in the movie (in homid form). Supposedly in the sequel though, they will show some as full crinos.
Blade-of-the-Moon
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Lurking Spirit

Post by Blade-of-the-Moon »

Which scenes were they in ? I only remember male werewolves being shown. I may have to watch it again..... :D
" The Wolf runs swiftly through the forests of night, he carries the Blade-of-the-Moon.... "
CrewWolf
Legendary
Legendary

Post by CrewWolf »

I'm trying to see if I can get some pictures for comparison
American werewolf in Paris http://www.wwlp.com/news/segments/sybersy/amerwolf.jpg
Harry Potter POA http://sylvanlaneshoppe.com/2004PoAChaseR1.jpg
Teen Wolf ('scuse me while I pause to giggle) http://emmanuel.denis.free.fr/images/teenwolf.JPG
Underworld http://www.latexmaskcentral.com/images/ ... wolf02.jpg
I'm having trouble finding Darkwolf. I think out of all of them, AWIP gorilla-werewolf takes the cake as the worst. I mean the knees bent backward during the transformation! What were they thinking?
Kzinistzerg
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Kzinistzerg »

That's actually a more complimentary picture of the HP werewolf than you see i nthe movie.
Lasthowl
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Lasthowl »

Everybody's makin' fun of Teen Wolf... :cry:
Vuldari
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Aspiring "Reverse" Kitsune

Post by Vuldari »

Lasthowl wrote:Everybody's makin' fun of Teen Wolf... :cry:
Hey...I liked "Teen Wolf". It was very odd that he and his father turned into Pre-Human, Neanderthal men and called themselves wolves, but otherwise I still enjoy watching it when it is on TV.

...oh man...80's flashback! ...Rrraaaadicaaallllll... :o :lol:
What Mafia
Legendary
Legendary

Post by What Mafia »

underworld..ew
It's a shame an entire family can be torn up by something as simple as wild dogs.
Alpha
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Alpha »

Blade-of-the-Moon wrote:Which scenes were they in ? I only remember male werewolves being shown. I may have to watch it again..... :D
It's the scene where Raze was carrying his dead packmate back to their lair. As he was going through the entrance, some of the Lycans in that crowd were female.
Darth Canis
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Darth Canis »

:o wow i really need to look more closely. All i saw was big burly guys. Hopefully in the second one they will change the look of the werewolves but i doubt it but it will be nice to see some females at least. Thanks alpha
The little girl who always wanted to fly an x wing and be raised by wolves... Come to think of it she still does.
Blade-of-the-Moon
Legendary
Legendary

Good eye Alpha. I just rewatched in slowmotion, pausing, and then a close-up to be sure. There is ONE female in that scene, of the three people on the stairs when Raze walks in she is sitting in the middle with her feet hanging over the edge. She doesn't behave any differently than the males either.

I would say in the next film female Lycans will have much more standout characters.
" The Wolf runs swiftly through the forests of night, he carries the Blade-of-the-Moon.... "
Stone Wolf
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Stone Wolf »

It's good if they have more scenes with female Lycans, but that doesn't excuse the fact that the ww's didn't really look like ww's... I watched the "special features" about the making of "Underworld" and the costume designer modeled the ww's after cats.... wtf! ??

Other than that it was an ok movie....

I think by far the best ww was in "Van Hellsing" if you can get past the fact that it had no tail which was kind of a disappointment, but other than that it was really good.. :D
Blade-of-the-Moon
Legendary
Legendary

Yeah, VH had the cest cg werewolves to date, if only they had tails....anyway Underworld: Evolution is supposed to have werewolves like those in the first film and some more wolfish werewolves that we love.... :wink:
Alpha
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Alpha »

Noa wrote:It's good if they have more scenes with female Lycans, but that doesn't excuse the fact that the ww's didn't really look like ww's... I watched the "special features" about the making of "Underworld" and the costume designer modeled the ww's after cats.... wtf! ??

Other than that it was an ok movie....

I may be in the minority here, but I actually liked the weres from Underworld. Sure they didn't have the typical elongated canine muzzle, but I like it when werewolves come in different varieties. I think of it like this - different bloodlines create different looking weres. :wink:
WolfVanZandt
Legendary
Legendary

Post by WolfVanZandt »

I've seen some shots of the Underworld II Werewolves and they look much better. Also, I agree with Alpha, as long as they're not bald, rubbery, and anorexic, I have no problem with Werwolves looking different than prior movie tradition (oh, and I don't like slimyWerewolves, either). One thing I did like about the Underworld Werewolves was the way they seemed to push their Werewolf form out. It looked like a muscular feat to do it. The primary thing didn't like was their horizontal wall crawling.
Blade-of-the-Moon
Legendary
Legendary

The body I could live with even if it could have used some more fur but after watching the featurette I see why they did it, but the head was almost crossing the line into big cat territory....
Stone Wolf
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Stone Wolf »

I do agree that as long as they're not bald it's good, I just don't like the fact that they got a costume designer for ww's even though he didn't like any kind of canine what so ever...

Alpha, I do agree that it's good to see different varieties and your idea of different bloodlines create different looking weres, but it seems to me that the ww's in "Underworld" got a little frisky with a cat if you know what I mean....

:lol:
What Mafia
Legendary
Legendary

Post by What Mafia »

WolfVanZandt wrote:I've seen some shots of the Underworld II Werewolves and they look much better. Also, I agree with Alpha, as long as they're not bald, rubbery, and anorexic, I have no problem with Werwolves looking different than prior movie tradition (oh, and I don't like slimyWerewolves, either). One thing I did like about the Underworld Werewolves was the way they seemed to push their Werewolf form out. It looked like a muscular feat to do it. The primary thing didn't like was their horizontal wall crawling.
Have any pics handy?
Lasthowl
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Lasthowl »

Vuldari wrote:It was very odd that he and his father turned into Pre-Human, Neanderthal men and called themselves wolves
It was a tribute to the Wolf-Man!
Darth Canis
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Darth Canis »

Anyone have a link or pic where i can see the "new" underworld werewolves? :?
WolfVanZandt
Legendary
Legendary

Post by WolfVanZandt »

There was a link (On the Cursed thread, I think) on Werewolf Cafe. I'd bring it over except that I'm on WebTV and it would be a majo convolution. But I think the site was the Underworld site. I'll try to find it later.