werewolf imperfections

This is the place for discussion and voting on various aspects of werewolf life, social ideas, physical appearance, etc. Also a place to vote on how a werewolf should look.
Renorei
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Renorei »

Shadow Wulf wrote:Do you think lycanthropy could do more harm than good for those who are strong and healthy?
I don't know if this is directed towards everyone, but my opinion is a resounding NO. If you are strong and healthy, lycanthropy will, IMO, magnify that. If you are unhealthy, and, well, defective, that is when lycanthropy would do more harm than good.
celtwolf
Legendary
Legendary

Post by celtwolf »

what about the odd mutation of a compatible gene that screws something up in the change.
and, just so you realize, the strong and healthy are a minority in america. yeah, we kinda suck.
i'm just stating what i know and what i think, if you don't like it, you can leave me alone.

i am the well-read werewolf
:read:
Shadow Wulf
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Shadow Wulf »

celtwolf wrote:what about the odd mutation of a compatible gene that screws something up in the change.
and, just so you realize, the strong and healthy are a minority in america. yeah, we kinda suck.
Cause Americans arent like hispanics and dont eat thier rice and beans, instead they eat burgers at Mcdonalds like the American way :unclewolf:
Every government degenerates when trusted to the rulers of the people alone. The people themselves are its only safe depositories. - Thomas Jefferson
Image Image
Renorei
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Renorei »

celtwolf wrote:what about the odd mutation of a compatible gene that screws something up in the change.
?? Minority? I realize that there are far too many unhealthy people here, but I disagree about the healthy being a minority.

Sure, everyone could stand to be a little healthier, but the capacity to become healthier doesn't make us unhealthy.
Ronkonkoma
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Going with the moon

Post by Ronkonkoma »

I got a siamese/manx cross cat (looks like siamese but with a short tail) his tail has an odd 'kink' in his tail which causes it to be bent in half at a 45 degree angle. I can easily see a Werewolf that might have a similar problem.

hmmm, what about humans that are born with extra fingers which are removed shortly after? would being infected with lycantropy (given it's regenerative qualities) try to 'regrow' that lost digit on full moons?

maybe someone born with a tail (and removed) would have an extra long tail on full moons infected with lycantropy? a possible interesting side effect- after learning to control and resist the pull of the moon, finds out no matter what they do, said lycantrope can't stop tail from growing on full moons.

a few werewolves might have a 'hunchback' when in gestalt form

Furless werewolves might occur because of Toxic alopecia, which is hair loss resulting from physical or psychologic stress, which could make a Werewolf look like a 'harry potter' WW.

pretty much any 'imprefection' that might trouble humans, or canines probably would show up in a werewolf, maybe even be made more noticible by the lycantropy
celtwolf
Legendary
Legendary

Post by celtwolf »

well, seeing as unhealthy people are not in any form of short supply here, i'd say that there would be quite a number of werewolves that are unhealthy. i mean, i doubt that a werewolf would actively search out a healthy human in order to bite them. i don't really think it would matter.
and i didn't mean specifically physically heathy. mental distortions count as being unhelthy as well.
and i definitely think that werewolves would have any problems in their 'normal' life translate into their werewolf life. if they are skitzophrenic, or bipolar, or anything like that, they'd be that way either way. hell, lycanthropy would probably mess with any medicine that would be taken for such things.
my essential phrase for werewolves:
lycanthropy does NOT fix problems, but it doesn't create them either.
at least in the physical and mental states. social problems come with being different anyway.
i'm just stating what i know and what i think, if you don't like it, you can leave me alone.

i am the well-read werewolf
:read:
Searif
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Searif »

1. over-size, cannot fit through normal doors
2. weight, may break things by standing on them
3. fur clogs up hair brush
4. bones get caught in teeth, especailly small ones
5. need to brush and floss 3 times a day instead of 2 times
6. huge bulky hands restricts the use of weapons
kith hazard
Dealing with the Change
Dealing with the Change
Custom Title: xuchilbara

Post by kith hazard »

first post to the wsawb forum!

i agree that if there's a problem as a human it would remain in all forms if it wasn't related to something which could be regenerated or fixed with minimal internal healing. i bet that would mean there would be a lot of werewolves out there with crooked teeth, slightly uneven ears, nearsightedness, hunched back/crooked spines, obesity and arthritis. not to mention all the socially depressed and adhd werewolves out there.

what about bad habits? they can often be related to mental disorders, like ocd, so would that result in perhaps a nail-biting werewolf?

rononkoma: that's a good point about the removed digits and tail... but would a werewolf actually be able to regrow the bones in said lost limb? and in that idea, what about lost teeth? if they did regrow bone, then tooth regrowth may result, which could cause some serious problems for those who had say, wisdom teeth removed, because they didn't fit in their mouths. otherwise, i'm assuming any lost teeth would be lost in any form. that would suck if you were missing a canine!

another thought similar to that, what about body and head hair? i'm assuming that shaving your head wouldn't result in a bald-headed werewolf as it would regenerate the lost hair in shifting, but would you still have a shaved head when you returned to human form? and if you *were* actually balding, or had male-pattern baldness, then would you be a balding werewolf as well?

and finally, what about moles and abnormal growths? they usually lead to different colored hair in that location... would that carry over to the fur as well?
:: kith hazard

Lupin
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Ninja BOFH

Post by Lupin »

kith hazard wrote:rononkoma: that's a good point about the removed digits and tail... but would a werewolf actually be able to regrow the bones in said lost limb? and in that idea, what about lost teeth? if they did regrow bone, then tooth regrowth may result, which could cause some serious problems for those who had say, wisdom teeth removed, because they didn't fit in their mouths. otherwise, i'm assuming any lost teeth would be lost in any form. that would suck if you were missing a canine!
Well the thing about teeth though, is that wolves have more teeth than a human does. So they'd pretty much have to grow some teeth somewhere.
I don't suffer from lycanthropy, I enjoy every minute of it! Image
kith hazard
Dealing with the Change
Dealing with the Change
Custom Title: xuchilbara

Post by kith hazard »

Lupin wrote:
kith hazard wrote:rononkoma: that's a good point about the removed digits and tail... but would a werewolf actually be able to regrow the bones in said lost limb? and in that idea, what about lost teeth? if they did regrow bone, then tooth regrowth may result, which could cause some serious problems for those who had say, wisdom teeth removed, because they didn't fit in their mouths. otherwise, i'm assuming any lost teeth would be lost in any form. that would suck if you were missing a canine!
Well the thing about teeth though, is that wolves have more teeth than a human does. So they'd pretty much have to grow some teeth somewhere.
but growing and regrowing are two different things, in the case of one, it would be perminant. i'd think all present teeth would be suplimented by the teeth that don't exist in a human mouth so the teeth that did simply grow in during a shift would dissappear later, whereas the other teeth would just regain their natural size, shape and position.
:: kith hazard

Silverclaw
Mood: Meh...

Post by Silverclaw »

As already said, if somethings wrong with you in human form, it will most likely stay in gestalt form.

More prone to getting..worms(eatin' raw meat will do that), rabies(maybe), mange, ect. Oh and fleas! :P

Shifting Disorders(SDs :wink: )
ex: Cant shift back, partial shift, wolf features sticking into human form, shifting without wanting too, ect...

Some rare mental cases may arise...
ex: Hollywood WW sydrome, pure wolf thoughts/instincts in all forms, ect
Lupin
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Lupin »

Silverclaw wrote:More prone to getting..worms(eatin' raw meat will do that), rabies(maybe), mange, ect. Oh and fleas! :P
Some of those parasites are pretty host-specific though.
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Executive Producer (Red Victoria)

Post by Figarou »

Lupin wrote:
Silverclaw wrote:More prone to getting..worms(eatin' raw meat will do that), rabies(maybe), mange, ect. Oh and fleas! :P
Some of those parasites are pretty host-specific though.
Really?

I take it the ones that like to get on you are called "Lunaticks." :wacko:

HA!! :jester2:

Go ahead. Toss some duckies at me!! I'm ready for ya!! :jester:
Shadow Wulf
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Shadow Wulf »

:ducktoss3: :explode2: :toxicduckie: :duckbomb2:
Every government degenerates when trusted to the rulers of the people alone. The people themselves are its only safe depositories. - Thomas Jefferson
Image Image
Set
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Devil in disguise

Post by Set »

Figarou wrote:Go ahead. Toss some duckies at me!! I'm ready for ya!! :jester:
Ok.

:fishtoss:

HA! :grinp: :eviljester:
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Figarou »

Shadow Wulf wrote::ducktoss3: :explode2: :toxicduckie: :duckbomb2:

Set wrote:
Figarou wrote:Go ahead. Toss some duckies at me!! I'm ready for ya!! :jester:
Ok.

:fishtoss:

HA! :grinp: :eviljester:

On your mark!! Get "Set!!" GO!! :splat:

:eviljester2:
Set
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Devil in disguise

Post by Set »

Figarou wrote:On your mark!! Get "Set!!" GO!! :splat:

:eviljester2:
Oh very funny.

[matrix] Dodge this. [/matrix]

:wolfkiss:
Lupin
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Lupin »

Figarou wrote:I take it the ones that like to get on you are called "Lunaticks."

BAD PUN
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Figarou »

Lupin wrote:
Figarou wrote:I take it the ones that like to get on you are called "Lunaticks."

BAD PUN

Don't cha just love it!! :jester2:
Apokryltaros
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Imperial Weirdo And Insect Expert

Post by Apokryltaros »

Figarou wrote:
Lupin wrote:

BAD PUN

"I was all of history's great acting robots: Acting Unit 0.8, Thespo-mat, David Duchovny!"
-Calculon
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Figarou »

Apokryltaros wrote: Image
*looks at 1st tick in pic*

Whoa!! Mega tick!!!
Lupin
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Lupin »

Figarou wrote:
Lupin wrote:

BAD PUN

No, that's why it's a bad pun :P
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Figarou »

Lupin wrote:
No, that's why it's a bad pun :P
you're no fun.

:P
Grayheart
Game Master
Game Master
Custom Title: The Striding Stranger

Post by Grayheart »

Figarou wrote:
Apokryltaros wrote: Image
*looks at 1st tick in pic*

Whoa!! Mega tick!!!
Ahh! Now I can fully understand your pun, Figarou! These are Ticks! Didn't know the word.

But it's really a bad pun - although my roleplaygroup would appreciate it. 'Bad Punning' is our sport - the worse, the better :wink:

I think I'll tell this one to them. They would've certainly appreciated it! :lol:
In wildness is the preservation of the world
So seek the wolf in thyself!

(Metallica - Of Wolf and Man)
Shadow Wulf
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Shadow Wulf »

The pun wasnt all that bad.
Image Image