How many Therians?

The place for anything at all...
Krissy
Pack Leader
Pack Leader

How many Therians?

Post by Krissy »

I'm just wondering how many Therians occupy this site, and your therian side (if that is not most obvious by your interest in the first place *wink*). Me? I may have a strong connection with Wolves (specifically the Arctic Wolf), but I'm a Cougar/Bobcat therian.

Just curious, and I'll love to hear your replies.
Wild and Wonderful,
Catamountess

~know not of thy presence,
till thy breath stirs the hairs on your neck~
kita
Pack Member
Pack Member
Custom Title: I can run faster scared than you can angry!

Post by kita »

im a therian a wolf one because my traits, personality, and thinking style match up with a wolfs duno what specise of wolf though. (this seems pointless) oh well beggars cant be chosers i guess :D
Some say we do not exist, in turn they ignore us, others say we are immortal, in turn they dispise and destroy us, but i know we bleed and die and I am sure I exist.
thus reality
Krissy
Pack Leader
Pack Leader

Post by Krissy »

Thanks for replying. :)
Wild and Wonderful,
Catamountess

SGrayWolf
Legendary
Legendary

Post by SGrayWolf »

I'm a therian, connected with the gray wolf. :)
Wyla
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Singing dog

Post by Wyla »

I have always been fascinated by wolves, grey wolves in particular, so I guess it's no surprise that I am a grey wolf therian. Although, I also feel 'connected' with caracals, though not as strongly as the wolf.
Last edited by Wyla on Tue Jan 04, 2005 4:37 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Baphnedia

Post by Baphnedia »

Otherkin here... I feel strongly connected to things draconic (and not all the prissy nice 'friendly' dragon stuff either). But, I don't really say too much, because it could result in the loss of my job.
Everyday should be Towel Day.
Sekrit Identity: What?
Paradice Games: .com, Forums & Facebook
SnowWalker
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Suck it up, cupcake

Post by SnowWalker »

I'm a wolf therian, have probably been since before I could even put a name to it (my whole life, basically).

~Snowy 8)
Goldenwolf
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Yes, -that- Goldenwolf

Post by Goldenwolf »

Therian, Dire Wolf, because I am one.
Werewolf
Legendary
Legendary
Mood: Stressed

Post by Werewolf »

To be honest I never heard the term "Therians" before till I saw it on this site, I never even heard of "Furries" till maybe a few years ago either... I've always had a love of animals though and while I was young I didn't really have a lot of exposure to wolves but when I finally did see one I fell in love with them and love grew over the years.

When I look at a wolf I feel good inside, I can't really explain it in words but it makes me all warm inside... if any animal that I feel connected too it would most certainly be the wolf, I've always pictured myself if I was a wolf too be about medium sized Grey Wolf with a real light shade of greys and whites (closer to white) with soft yellow eyes :)
Krissy
Pack Leader
Pack Leader

Post by Krissy »

When I look at a wolf I feel good inside, I can't really explain it in words but it makes me all warm inside... if any animal that I feel connected too it would most certainly be the wolf, I've always pictured myself if I was a wolf too be about medium sized Grey Wolf with a real light shade of greys and whites (closer to white) with soft yellow eyes
Sounds beautiful. :)

Also -- Thanks everyone for replying.

(And to Goldenwolf -- I love your avatar as an example as to what I think a female Werewolf should look like in full transformation! Has the type of hands that Brownrigg showed in his video, too. :o Maybe they should model after that. :P :wink: )
Wild and Wonderful,
Catamountess

Darth Canis
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Darth Canis »

i am a therian connected to the gray wolf always have been since i was young. Always pretended i was a wolf on the playground and such. Always got chills (the good kind) when i heard wolves howling on TV or in the wild. hwlwnk Only recently did i discover there was term for people that had such a deep connection with animals. I knew as soon as i read what a therian was that i was one.
The little girl who always wanted to fly an x wing and be raised by wolves... Come to think of it she still does.
WolfVanZandt
Legendary
Legendary

Post by WolfVanZandt »

Wolf therian
What Mafia
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Mafia? Not that I'm aware of...
Mood: Depressed

Post by What Mafia »

Well...that's a toughy, but I'd say Fruit Bat. I don't eat a lot of meat, not much at al, and Im very nocturnal.

Or maybe wolves, hell I'm awful at answering questions like those. :lol:
It's a shame an entire family can be torn up by something as simple as wild dogs.
Scott Gardener
Legendary
Legendary
Mood: Excited

I am aware...

Post by Scott Gardener »

:) Also a therian here.
Taking a Gestalt approach, since it's the "in" thing...
NightStorm
Legendary
Legendary

Post by NightStorm »

white wolf. also a therian
Krissy
Pack Leader
Pack Leader

Post by Krissy »

Scott Gardener
Also a therian here.

Wolf, I'm assuming? :P

And thanks to everyone else who's replied. :D
Wild and Wonderful,
Catamountess

Nemy
Just Bitten
Just Bitten

Post by Nemy »

Therian here too (still kitty/birdy); you know me. Nice to see you here, Krissy (same goes for the few other I know).

:wink:
Drake Arrokh
Dealing with the Change
Dealing with the Change

Post by Drake Arrokh »

Wolf here
To be honest I never heard the term "Therians" before till I saw it on this site, I never even heard of "Furries" till maybe a few years ago either... I've always had a love of animals though and while I was young I didn't really have a lot of exposure to wolves but when I finally did see one I fell in love with them and love grew over the years.

When I look at a wolf I feel good inside, I can't really explain it in words but it makes me all warm inside... if any animal that I feel connected too it would most certainly be the wolf, I've always pictured myself if I was a wolf too be about medium sized Grey Wolf with a real light shade of greys and whites (closer to white) with soft yellow eyes
Hey Werewolf, if you want to look into this some of the best info I've seen is on www.Shifters.org and www.Therianthropy.org
jwoulf
Dealing with the Change
Dealing with the Change
Custom Title: I'M CUTE AND FLUFFY GOD DAMMIT!!!

Post by jwoulf »

Wolf therian here... :howl:  :oo
Last edited by jwoulf on Sun Mar 06, 2005 3:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Howls,
Ian "jwoulf" Johnson
http://www.jwoulf.net
silverpaw
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: I Bite, You've Been Warned ^_^

me2

Post by silverpaw »

hi all i think im a wolf therian im not 100% sure but ive always had a kinda connnection and stuff but im just not sure ive always had some kinda really strong connection with animals mainly wolves only recently i found out what it was :lol: so i guess i am a therian :o

ChaosWolf
Legendary
Legendary

Post by ChaosWolf »

What Mafia wrote:Well...that's a toughy, but I'd say Fruit Bat. I don't eat a lot of meat, not much at al, and Im very nocturnal.

Or maybe wolves, hell I'm awful at answering questions like those. :lol:
Actually, Mitre saw is what we're looking for. Mitre saw.

(unless you've seen the Mr. Goodwrench ads with Steven Colbert, this will make no sense. Sorry.)
My Werewolf Code!:
WWC1.0 SSHb LNAn SPDbsh SILt WTRn GDRs UNQd EATafvy SGNepcy SPKw STCb WLL+ HRT++ DLY+++++ STY+++++ INT0 RGN+ JMP+ STR+ BIG+ COL++ AGE+ CMN- AGL+ IRT+ EYE+ FUR+
Set
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Devil in disguise

Post by Set »

Oh never mind... (this is the last time I edit this post, I swear)
Last edited by Set on Sun Apr 03, 2005 12:56 am, edited 7 times in total.
Kzinistzerg
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Kzinistzerg »

I didn't know what a therian was either... but I do seem to have a weird connection with cats.
Scott Gardener
Legendary
Legendary
Mood: Excited

How many therians does it take to screw in a light bulb?

Post by Scott Gardener »

Yes, a black wolf. Meant to clarify. Classic yellow eyes. I started out with dark brown, using my human hair color, until I did more research and produced a more plausible take on how I would most likely look. It felt more believable to go with black.

My eyes were blue seventeen years ago when I first got interested in werewolves, so I pictured myself having bluish eyes in wolf form. But, for some reason, a gold-colored inner ring showed up that I had not previously noticed. It could be dismissed as coinciding with adulescence or some iridology thing, but that doesn't make it any less weird, given its timing and how many other therians have the same thing. So, I figured it was a golden amber trying to come through and worked it into my novel character incarnation. Again, it feels right.
Taking a Gestalt approach, since it's the "in" thing...
Terastas
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Spare Pelican

Post by Terastas »

I'm still unclear on the definition of therians, but it sounds like I fit the definition. I've had a close affinity for felines since I was three, have always admired the tiger's strength and beauty and so narrowed it down to the Siberian since I'm practically numb to the cold (or at least moreso than my made-for-CA family).

Though if anyone asks what I am, I'd say a furry before a therian. When I first looked into therianism, the definition I got most often was "not furries," so my first impression was that therians were spiritual furs (my preferred definition) desperate to distance themselves from that MTV crap, which to me is just plain silly (no offense to the therians, that's just how I see things).