How can I make actual error messages?

The place for anything at all...
Renorei
Legendary
Legendary

How can I make actual error messages?

Post by Renorei »

Hey there everyone, those error message generators in the "Check This Out" thread reminded me of something I've been wanting to do for a while. I'd like to make an extremely authentic looking error message that will appear on startup. Does anyone know how I can do this?

Edit: Also, if possible, I'd like to make it where the text that appears in the message is controlled by a random generator. That way, I can make it say an incredible array of different things.

Also, when I want to post a link on this forum, how do I make it look like this:
Click Here
And not this:
www.extremelylongandannoyingurlthatnobo ... lookat.com
?
Set
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Devil in disguise

Re: How can I make actual error messages?

Post by Set »

Renorei wrote:Also, when I want to post a link on this forum, how do I make it look like this:
Click Here
And not this:
?
Replace the () things with the [] ones, and you'll have it.

(url=whatever.com)Click Here(/url)
Renorei
Legendary
Legendary

Re: How can I make actual error messages?

Post by Renorei »

Set wrote:
Renorei wrote:Also, when I want to post a link on this forum, how do I make it look like this:
Click Here
And not this:
?
Replace the () things with the [] ones, and you'll have it.

(url=whatever.com)Click Here(/url)
Testing...

homestar!

Edit: Sweet! Thank you Set!
Vilkacis
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Vilkacis »

Well, there are probably some programs out there like that (I didn't look), but I've been getting quite rusty at my C++ (UWT only teaches Java :/ ), so I decided to write up something simple to remind me what it is I've forgotten I've forgotten:

http://www.thevilkacis.net/__personal/Renorei.zip

There are two files:
Renorei2.exe
errors.txt

You can unzip them anywhere you want so long as they stay together (you can rename the executable as you wish, but the other file must remain named 'errors.txt'), then toss a shortcut to the .exe file in your startup folder for the easiest way to get it to pop up at startup.

errors.txt:
Each message goes on its own line, and should be no more than 300 characters long (that should be more than enough).

The error.txt that I gave you is a sample of (rather horrible) insult messages. You'll probably want to replace them with your messages.

If you want me to change it up a bit, I can change the title, the icons (error, warning, info), and the buttons (yes, no, retry, cancel) quickly and easily.

Enjoy.

-- Vilkacis
Renorei
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Renorei »

Aw, that is so awesome! Thanks Vilkacis! :D