Werewolves and alcohol

This is the place for discussion and voting on various aspects of werewolf life, social ideas, physical appearance, etc. Also a place to vote on how a werewolf should look.
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Executive Producer (Red Victoria)

Werewolves and alcohol

Post by Figarou »

Ok, you know that to much alcohol can affect the human judgement. Will there be any drunk werewolves in this film? Can they get "drunk?" Do they need to consume more than a regular human to be considered "drunk?"

Sure, having one beer is fine. But I don't want to see it sitting there drinking one after another to get "drunk."

When "drunk" can they shift to gestalt or wolf form? How will the werewolf act when "drunk?"

I for one don't want to see a "drunk" werewolf in this film. Believe it or not, I never touch the stuff. Thats right. I'm almost 38 and I havn't started drinking any alcohol. And I don't plan on it.

What about drugs? I hope I don't see any of that also. If a werewolf is going to be mad at humanity, let it do it on its own without the use of drugs and alcohol.

Edit
corrected spelling error.
Last edited by Figarou on Sun Mar 06, 2005 4:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mitternacht
Pack Leader
Pack Leader

Post by Mitternacht »

given the genarel concensus that they have far more rapid metabolic rates than humans, I see anything like drugs or acholhol being ruened up much more rapidily, so if they did get buzzed, it wouldnt last long at all.

ps: 34 here and I can count the number of drinks I've had on one hand and still have fingers left over ^^

-Mitty
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Figarou »

I know we was joking around with coconut and its affects on wolves. But coconut is not an illegal substance. A small buzz can occur, but I don't think a werewolf can get "high" by eating a dozen Almond Joys. He'll probably get an upset stomach instead.
Apokryltaros
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Imperial Weirdo And Insect Expert

Post by Apokryltaros »

What about distemper medication?
"I was all of history's great acting robots: Acting Unit 0.8, Thespo-mat, David Duchovny!"
-Calculon
Aki
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Wolfblood

Post by Aki »

I think it might take more alcohol, or a drug, to get drunk/high for a Werewolf.
What about drugs? I hope I don't see any of that also. If a werewolf is going to be mad at humanity, let it do it on its own without the use of drugs and alcohol
Or you know, the drug using/drinking Werewolf could just like be hanging around, enjoying his vice, not giving a s*** whats going on around him... :P
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Figarou »

Apokryltaros wrote:What about distemper medication?
Do you really think a werewolf needs that with its ability to live a long healthy life?
Rodentia
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Rodentia »

well, people on these boards keep talking about the werewolves having features of both wolf and man, and both humans and canines can get drunk..therefore I think it's possible for the were to get drunk. perhaps the alcohol burns out of their system when they shift tho..
To Sleep..Perchance To Scream
Kzinistzerg
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Kzinistzerg »

Suprisingly enough, small amounts of wine are good for you. Vitmin B and all that. Smal amounts of drinks, too. just not with driving. Note i said "Small". Anyways, it would probably have the same effect as normally on a human, and yes, they probably would be able to shift, but they might inadvertently do it. You know how you always hear about people waking up the next morining and thinking, "oh, crap, i really wish i hadn;t said/done/ etc that" they might wake up the next morning and go, "Aww CRAP i transformed in from of them.. not again..." With ignoring that last part :wink:.
Terastas
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Spare Pelican

Post by Terastas »

That sounds like an accurate assumption. In all my experiences with alcohol (never had it myself, but I've seen plenty of other people under the influence), the first ability people lose under the influence of alcohol is the ability to refrain.
Like Ron White says: "I had the right to remain silent, but I didn't have the ability." :lol:

So a werewolf probably could get drunk, though if ever drunk or hung over in were forum, no doubt the rest of the pack would be on his tail for months about it.
ChaosWolf
Legendary
Legendary

Post by ChaosWolf »

Drunken werewolves?

I can see it now...

"Oh, sweet mother moon... Larry's stone drunk again."

"How can you tell?"

"He's sniffing my secretary's a**."

"Well, she seems pretty well hammered herself, too."

"How d'you figure that?"

"She's doing the same to him."
My Werewolf Code!:
WWC1.0 SSHb LNAn SPDbsh SILt WTRn GDRs UNQd EATafvy SGNepcy SPKw STCb WLL+ HRT++ DLY+++++ STY+++++ INT0 RGN+ JMP+ STR+ BIG+ COL++ AGE+ CMN- AGL+ IRT+ EYE+ FUR+
What Mafia
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Mafia? Not that I'm aware of...
Mood: Depressed

Post by What Mafia »

Funny you should mention that. There is an old tale of a group of werewolves breaking into houses at night, and going into the wine cellar. There they would get into the cegs and get drunk. The part proving these were no normal wolves was that they would stack the barrels in the center of the room upon leaving! X3

Imagine that, drunkan whers! :P
It's a shame an entire family can be torn up by something as simple as wild dogs.
Blade-of-the-Moon
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Lurking Spirit

Post by Blade-of-the-Moon »

They could be drunk as a human, but upon shifting the alcohol quickly burns out of their system.

I remember reading this one part in one of White Wolf's books about the Fianna ( Scot/Irish WWs ) .

You know it's St. Patty's day when you see a group of Green dye furred werewolves running down the street......I still can't get that image out of my head.... :D
" The Wolf runs swiftly through the forests of night, he carries the Blade-of-the-Moon.... "
Vuldari
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Aspiring "Reverse" Kitsune

Post by Vuldari »

I agree with most of the opinions here. I think that Werewolves could get drunk in any form, but shifting would burn most of it off. As in...a WW could get drunk enough in human form to shift in public, but after he did he would be snapped back to his senses and left to try to explain himself.

Once in Gestalt or full wolf form, I think they could get drunk again, though it would take alot.

I am certainly no expert on the effects of alcohol though, as at age 23, I don't even know what beer tastes like.
...never tried it...don't want to...
I've sipped wine on special occasions (Weddings, etc.) but like Mitternacht, I could count the times on one hand with fingers to spare.
Scott Gardener
Legendary
Legendary
Mood: Excited

jUSt tWo BeERs, ofFiCEr...

Post by Scott Gardener »

Mine get drunk quickly but sober up quickly as well. They're also unlikely to get addicted to alcohol because of changes in brain chemistry.
Taking a Gestalt approach, since it's the "in" thing...
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Figarou »

Blade-of-the-Moon wrote:They could be drunk as a human, but upon shifting the alcohol quickly burns out of their system.
Vuldari wrote:I agree with most of the opinions here. I think that Werewolves could get drunk in any form, but shifting would burn most of it off.
HUH?

For a human to "sober up," the alcohol needs to leave the blood stream. In order to do that, the kidneys works overtime by removing the alcohol from the body. That causes the human to go to the restroom quite often. The body has no use for the alcohol. I don't think it "burns it off." Its not a nutrient and in large quantities, it can be poisonous.

Now if you guys are saying the werewolf "sobers up" by shifting, that means the kidneys goes into overdrive. If that werewolf doesn't take a whiz right then and there, his bladder will explode!!
Vuldari
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Vuldari »

Figarou wrote:HUH?

For a human to "sober up," the alcohol needs to leave the blood stream. In order to do that, the kidneys works overtime by removing the alcohol from the body. That causes the human to go to the restroom quite often. The body has no use for the alcohol. I don't think it "burns it off." Its not a nutrient and in large quantities, it can be poisonous.

Now if you guys are saying the werewolf "sobers up" by shifting, that means the kidneys goes into overdrive. If that werewolf doesn't take a whiz right then and there, his bladder will explode!!
You're willing to believe that a Werewolves body can recover from gunshot wounds naturally and easily, change shape in under 5 minutes, grow larger and increase in strength at will and even fend off old age for and extra 50-100 years, but it is too hard to believe that their liver and kidneys could not handle a little extra alcohol?
...uuummmm... :oops: ...whatever.

Edit:...and Yes. "Burn Off" was not the most accurate way to phrase it. Increased body activity would increase overall bloodflow, which would run the blood through the system more quickly and therefore work out the alcohol. ...if the Gestalt Werewolves are 7-feet tall as it seems they may be, they will have huge bladders. ...they can hold it.
Last edited by Vuldari on Tue Mar 08, 2005 10:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
Please Forgive the Occasional Outburst of my Inner Sage ... for he is Oblivious to Sarcasm, and not Easily Silenced.

=^.^'= ~
Apokryltaros
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Imperial Weirdo And Insect Expert

Post by Apokryltaros »

Vuldari wrote:
Figarou wrote:HUH?

You're willing to believe that a Werewolves body can recover from gunshot wounds naturally and easily, shange shape in under 5 minutes, grow larger and increase in strength at will and even fend off old age for and extra 50-100 years, but it is too hard to believe that their liver and kidneys could not handle a little extra alcohol?
...uuummmm... :oops: ...whatever.
No comment...
"I was all of history's great acting robots: Acting Unit 0.8, Thespo-mat, David Duchovny!"
-Calculon
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Figarou »

Vuldari wrote:
Edit:...and Yes. "Burn Off" was not the most accurate way to phrase it. Increased body activity would increase overall bloodflow, which would run the blood through the system more quickly and therefore work out the alcohol. ...if the Gestalt Werewolves are 7-feet tall as it seems they may be, they will have huge bladders. ...they can hold it.

Exactly. Increased body activity, kidneys going into overdrive. As for "holding it," why not make the best of it and start marking territory. :lol:
ABrownrigg
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by ABrownrigg »

Kelso from "That Seventies Show" suddenly walks in and points at Figarou.

"oooo,...... .BURN.."

and quickly ducks out of the room.
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Figarou »

ABrownrigg wrote:Kelso from "That Seventies Show" suddenly walks in and points at Figarou.

"oooo,...... .BURN.."

and quickly ducks out of the room.

Not before getting bonked by a duckie. :lol:

"burn it off" means the body is using it as fuel. The body is trying to remove the alcohol from the system. So a proper term is needed instead of "burn it off."
Vuldari
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Vuldari »

Figarou wrote:"burn it off" means the body is using it as fuel. The body is trying to remove the alcohol from the system. So a proper term is needed instead of "burn it off."
Of course you're right Figarou. That is an inacurate choice of words.

As for the Marking territory bit...

...I thought about that, but I was not going to say it. :oops: :lol:
Please Forgive the Occasional Outburst of my Inner Sage ... for he is Oblivious to Sarcasm, and not Easily Silenced.

=^.^'= ~
Mitternacht
Pack Leader
Pack Leader

Post by Mitternacht »

I guess it woudl raise teh word Moonshine to new heights, wouldn't it *chuckles*
Kzinistzerg
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Kzinistzerg »

Only if your piss glows :wink: :lol:
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Figarou »

Mitternacht wrote:I guess it woudl raise teh word Moonshine to new heights, wouldn't it *chuckles*
Shadowblaze wrote:Only if your piss glows :wink: :lol:
Heh, you can tell if the werewolf's bladder is full by his glowing eyes!! :lol:

Now look at what you made me do!! I said "glowing eyes" again!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Scott Gardener
Legendary
Legendary
Mood: Excited

...may become a wolf when the Moonshine's bright...

Post by Scott Gardener »

Actually, alcohol is metabolized through the liver, and its metabolic end products are excreeted through the kidneys. And thus, the original premises about metabolic speed are still valid. (Remember that drinking alcohol in excess is well-known for contributing to cirrhosis.)
Taking a Gestalt approach, since it's the "in" thing...