Do werewolves should have a hair?

This is the place for discussion and voting on various aspects of werewolf life, social ideas, physical appearance, etc. Also a place to vote on how a werewolf should look.
Set
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Devil in disguise

Post by Set »

Skorn wrote:So with technology we don't have to worry about getting food because we just go down the road to a food mart because of that we worry about more things in life then animals such as wolves.
We worry so much because humans have a nack for complicating things unnecessarily.
Renorei
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Renorei »

Set wrote:
Skorn wrote:So with technology we don't have to worry about getting food because we just go down the road to a food mart because of that we worry about more things in life then animals such as wolves.
We worry so much because humans have a nack for complicating things unnecessarily.
We didn't used to...but as the mundane details of life (food, water, shelter, survival) become totally uncomplicated for us, we find new things to fill the void.
Chhayawolf
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Chhayawolf »

I think so too, plus if the hair happened to be long and stayed the same lenght , they'd be stepping on their. :lol:
Can you imagine a life without creativity?
WolfVanZandt
Legendary
Legendary

Post by WolfVanZandt »

Chhayawolf, there y'go!

:)

And I guess all that makes sense now....

No hands = behavioral art
Hands = behavioral + symbolic art
hydrocarbon
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Random passerby

Post by hydrocarbon »

Well...manes. Hmm. I always thought that it would look a little odd, if not out of place, unless the shifter themself has long hair/lots of hair in their human form. Or, perhaps, if their particular type is the Mexican wolf (which has a bit more fur along the neck region, or so I have read), though to a lesser degree.
But when you say 'mane', I keep thinking of lions, and that would look really odd :/
"Weresharks? You idiot, there's no such thing as wereshaAAAGH OHGODMYLEG!"

WolfVanZandt
Legendary
Legendary

Post by WolfVanZandt »

Well, there is a maned wolf - but it's not really a wolf.....

Apokryltaros
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Imperial Weirdo And Insect Expert

Post by Apokryltaros »

WolfVanZandt wrote:Well, there is a maned wolf - but it's not really a wolf.....

It's a fox on stilts.
"I was all of history's great acting robots: Acting Unit 0.8, Thespo-mat, David Duchovny!"
-Calculon
Chhayawolf
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Chhayawolf »

The new fox on stilts! Great for special occasions and birthday parties! :D
WolfVanZandt
Legendary
Legendary

Post by WolfVanZandt »

Well, I guess it's better than a fox on a pogo stick.....
hydrocarbon
Legendary
Legendary

Post by hydrocarbon »

Foxes are smelly :roll:

Chhayawolf
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Chhayawolf »

Really? How do you know? Have you just slowed down to just stop and smell the foxes? :lol: I know hairless rats smell like newborn rats, both of which i raised and happen to get a whiff of them when you have them long enough. Better than smelling like ammonia i'd say.
hydrocarbon
Legendary
Legendary

Post by hydrocarbon »

No, I'm not one for smelling animals :P Thankfully foxes don't live near me, either. But they're a real pest over here, killing native wildlife and such. But to answer your question, it was on Discovery channel - http://www.exn.ca/Stories/2001/07/18/53.asp (they got number 9)

Chhayawolf
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Chhayawolf »

Ah, i used to love watching the Discovery Channel, but it didn't fill my quota on learning random and possibly useless animal facts so i switched to Animal Planet. :lol:
WolfVanZandt
Legendary
Legendary

Post by WolfVanZandt »

I can second it. The camp for people with disabilities that I worked with was also an animal rehabilitation center and they had some foxes. Foxes (the males anyway) smell sorta like skunks. But then, some of us don't find that particularly offensive (as long as they're "smelling like" and not making me "smell like".)

As for the manes, although wolves don't generally have manes (though, when they bristle up, some of them almost seem to), humans do (sorta), so, if werewolves have manes, it could be coming from their human characteristics.
Chhayawolf
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Chhayawolf »

*feels back of neck* Hey i'm pretty fuzzy! ......And soft too! *people stare at her petting herself on the neck* What?!
Morkulv
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Panzer Division Morkulv
Mood: RAR!

Post by Morkulv »

Just leave the hair on the person's head during TF.
Scott Gardener wrote: I'd be afraid to shift if I were to lose control. If I just looked fuggly, I'd simply be annoyed every full moon.
werewolf2668
Just Bitten
Just Bitten

Post by werewolf2668 »

Set wrote:
We're more discussing the potential psychology rather than social mentality of werewolves, but whatever.

As for "unnecessary complications" I don't mind having civilization and its fruits. Call me a neo-hegalian positivist if you want, but I think that the accumulation of knowledge and familiarity with the complexities of the natural world is a good thing.
Set
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Devil in disguise

Post by Set »

werewolf2668 wrote:Call me a neo-hegalian positivist if you want
:? A what?
New Moon Howl
Just Bitten
Just Bitten

Post by New Moon Howl »

manes manes manes....hmm nope..i could see a werewolf in Gestalt with a main, or even hair down to it's...tail. but unless you want the wolf form to look like it's either got a neck to tail mohawk, or look like a puff ball, i wouldn't suggest giving it manes.
Apokryltaros
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Imperial Weirdo And Insect Expert

Post by Apokryltaros »

Set wrote:
werewolf2668 wrote:Call me a neo-hegalian positivist if you want
:? A what?
You keep him busy, and I'll go get the nice people with nets from the local sanitarium.
"I was all of history's great acting robots: Acting Unit 0.8, Thespo-mat, David Duchovny!"
-Calculon
Anook
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Dogs are miracles with paws

Post by Anook »

:lol: Lol
I could care less if I am a "freak". I don't care what other people think about me. I am me. I am different from the masses of society in unique and profound ways, anyway. Being physically different would trouble me not
Kirk Hammett
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: The Guitar Dude from Metallica

Post by Kirk Hammett »

I think if in Gestalt form, the wolf may have wacky, awesome hair. But in my mind, the full wolf form always has a mane (Ruff would be a better word, not a lion mane or human hair, but a wolf ruff). For a curly haired individual, the mane might be slightly curly, as might the tail fur and perhaps some of the fur. Not overly so though, depends what I feel like imagining! For straight hair, more of a normal wolf ruff. For wavy hair...you get the drift. Colours may play a part in fur colour, but dyed hair might simply just remain or the dyed colours (I mean in the mane only) fade. I dunno.

As some people have mentioned, hair length would play a part. I have long hair. So my ruff might be thicker or something.
<b> Pack Drunk</b>
Image Image :beerwolf: :drunx:
"Animals were not made for humans, not anymore than black people were made for whites or women for men" -Alice Walker-
Shadow Wulf
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Shadow Wulf »

Even in Gestalt form I dont like seeing a werewolf with human hair on thier heads.
Every government degenerates when trusted to the rulers of the people alone. The people themselves are its only safe depositories. - Thomas Jefferson
Image Image
Morkulv
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Panzer Division Morkulv
Mood: RAR!

Post by Morkulv »

I do! I think it would look awesome. But, it should be done good. It shouldn't look like a furry.
Scott Gardener wrote: I'd be afraid to shift if I were to lose control. If I just looked fuggly, I'd simply be annoyed every full moon.
Renorei
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Renorei »

I like the idea of the gestalt form having a mane, if the person has long hair. But, I don't want to simply see the werewolf shift and retain their human hair (the textures of wolf fur and human hair would probably clash). So what if the human hair (remaining the same color) simply sort of converts to fur? It would still be about the same length, but it wouldn't look like a werewolf who just happens to have human hair on his head.