werewolf game disginteam list

What's hot, what's not. General Video Game discussion
Machine-Whisperer
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: At an Observational status

Post by Machine-Whisperer »

Morkulv wrote:With Hammer/WorldCraft you can just create a sky-box. Its not the best looking thing, but it does give you a outdoor-feel.
Would have to e a pretty damn big skybox with High texture detail if it were to look good, plus I would recon things like trees and landscape would be a problem too.
Bah... Stupid Case sensitive Email. Lets try this again !
Morkulv
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Panzer Division Morkulv
Mood: RAR!

Post by Morkulv »

Ofcourse not. I don't even need models te make trees... :roll:
Scott Gardener wrote: I'd be afraid to shift if I were to lose control. If I just looked fuggly, I'd simply be annoyed every full moon.
Shadow Wulf
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Shadow Wulf »

Anubis wrote:know what give me a synopsis of what you think story should be
well first lets see what we all want in the game.

Do we want werewolves to wield weapons such as crossbows ,or bows and spears? Do we want them to use modern human weapons?

Do we want humans to be involved such as government sending in soldiers? (I personaly do)

Do we want vampires be the main enemies in the story? (oh and about the alien thing im not so shure about that one).

Do we want a backstabbing character in the story?

Also we can't forget the most important part of the game. Music.

Anyway I already got a good starting point for the game already.

It can be like a bit like in underworld and red faction mixed together, the game can start off in the past where the vampires relied on werewolves to protect thier coffins and homes from humans during the day but vampires keeps abusing the werewolves and think of them as expandable pets, and locking them up in cages at night. Then as the night fell apon the evening a werewolf who was really furious of the way werewolfs lived and he starts talking to the main character you play as about things has got to change.

On his way to heading heading towards his cage accidently runs into a vampire and stumbles him to the floor, the vampire got angry at the werewolf that he got a whiplash and was about to whip the werewolf but the werewolf quicly pounced on top of the vampire and ripped his throat. The vampire guards in the back feared of the retaliation so they shot some of the werewolves nearby you with crossbows, the player is left but two options:kill or be killed. You fight your way up from the catacombs all the way to the front gates and dozens of werewolves runs by your side, our character thought it was over, but it wasnt. For the vampires were outraged by the retaliation of the werewolves that they declared a secret underground war agients them.

Right at this point it should be at modern times and our main character is one of the head commanders of the werewolves rebelion, you lead your pack through a series of mission killing off the vampires officers one by one and sabotaging any secret weapons they posses that will end the war in thier favor.

What do you think? :)
Every government degenerates when trusted to the rulers of the people alone. The people themselves are its only safe depositories. - Thomas Jefferson
Image Image
Anubis
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Eletist Jerk

Post by Anubis »

thats cool but i got three ideas

the first one is my USWSF idea fighting off a grey invation fighting with humans, plain old shoot'em up and solve some puzzles crap

another one is where a werewolf, is one a mission of revenge on every vampire on the planet. what happened your character's family has been murdered buy a vampire blood ring. ever since he's been looking for the the head bat Finro (dracula's son) and kill him, this game will take you on plain shoot'em up missions, in blood banks to rescue the humans that are still alive and blow the s*** out of vimpire of course, to covert missions like splinter cell in clean office building of tobacco company that are so happened to be run by vampires (seriously who would be that could blooded to run a company that makes a product that kills their loyal costumers) and have you solve puzzles on the way. and it all results in the distruction of every vampire on earth.

the lst one is an rpg so we can have an excuse to make the coolist 8) fantasy weapons
THE GAME

My Armory
Shadow Wulf
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Shadow Wulf »

Hmm the first one seems pretty stale,

the second one where the whole parents being murdered by this people has been done WAY too many times, but your idea is pretty much the same as mines, we can add some of your ideas to my story.
Every government degenerates when trusted to the rulers of the people alone. The people themselves are its only safe depositories. - Thomas Jefferson
Image Image
Anubis
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Anubis »

what about and werewolf RPG? come on think of all the posiblities that could bring we could totaly do some cool s*** with that, think the weapons, the enviroment, the world is completely ours we can make it what we want it to be, indiscructible crystal swords, Cities created, runned and populated by werewolves, the creatures! the pssiblities are endless lets make a fantasy RPG not like morrowind some thing that's all its own.
THE GAME

My Armory
Shadow Wulf
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Shadow Wulf »

Hmm I think it would be easier to be more along the lines of Dues Ex kind of game instead of the MMRPG like your talking about. And we are using the quake 2 engine so its a shooting game by heart, we can still add magic and all sorts of weapons but I want it to be reasonably realistic.
Image Image
Anubis
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Anubis »

i said we're using the unreal engine and i didn't sayit was Massive Multiplayer Online Role Playing Game i was thinking some thing closer to Link. :)
THE GAME

My Armory
Shadow Wulf
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Shadow Wulf »

No we had an aggreement to use the quake 2 engine cuase it already has a werewolf model and plus thats all Morkulv can use.
Image Image
Anubis
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Anubis »

look the reason that we are using the Unreal engine is the fact that it comes with hours of tutorials about 48 hours worth, and since that most of us know very little about making video games like me we can't just jump in not knowing how to do anything, also there isn't alot of people working on this project so every body is going to have to do more than one job. so we are going to have to learn to do stuff that we don't know.

if we use the quake 2 we are just floundering yeah one person knows how to modle another can do level disgn, but can you script? can you make cut senes? ETC? i bet not, getting Quake 2 engine for the werewolf mods dose not make any sence! we don't know how to make a video game but we got werewolf mods. dose that make any sence?

if we don't know how to do it the game production would freeze, because no one knows how to do this single part until we can find some body that would do it for free. i guess we have to disgn our own werewolf, because getting it just for a mod that only one person of the team knows how to use it, it simply doesn't make any sence.

Thats why we are using the unreal engine
THE GAME

My Armory
Shadow Wulf
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Shadow Wulf »

Well I guess so, but sense I have an F in math im likely to get the interenet disconnected from me at home by sunday.
Image Image
Anubis
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Anubis »

oooh that sucks, but you got a while to get it back before we really start working on it.
THE GAME

My Armory
Shadow Wulf
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Shadow Wulf »

Atleast thiers always schools computers, and so far I can get online while everyones gone.
Image Image
Anubis
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Anubis »

thats true
THE GAME

My Armory