SO WHO'S WATCHING THE SUPERBOWL???

The place for anything at all...
Teh_DarkJokerWolf
Legendary
Legendary
Mood: Disappointed

SO WHO'S WATCHING THE SUPERBOWL???

Post by Teh_DarkJokerWolf »

I know I am already set up for this!! Got that on my to do list for tommorow, heh YEAH!!! Every year I watch it I do, but will you being doing the same? And Who do you want to see win this year? I am totally going for the Seattle Sea Hawks!! I used to love the Pittsburgh Steelers years ago, hmmm..Well I got my team what's yours?
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Executive Producer (Red Victoria)

Post by Figarou »

I'm scheduled to work Sunday. That means no Superbowl for me.

:(
Vuldari
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Aspiring "Reverse" Kitsune

Post by Vuldari »

I'll likely watch some of it, if I am not at work at the time.

American Football... (I don't know why we call it that. Everywhere else in the world "Soccer" is called Football, and that game deserves the name more)...has never been of much interest to me, and I usually don't care which teams play or who wins.

...maybe if my Hometeam (The "Vikings") ever made it that far, I might be interested, but I'm not holding my breath for that unlikely event.

Sometimes I watch just for the Commercials they air, but even those have been mostly Lame that last few years.

...Meh...
Hamster
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Hamster »

Of course I'm watching the game tomarrow! Sea hawks! woot! :thumbsup:
Meh Dev account: http://kileyhannan.deviantart.com/

"Life... It's drawing without an eraser..."
Anubis
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Eletist Jerk

Post by Anubis »

personaly i think football is babaric, i was never found of sports speasioly when they take over and i can't see my shows!! :x

Andy Milonakis pretty much sums up my feelings for the event!
http://www.ifilm.com/ifilmdetail/2460092?htv=12&htv=12

And let the duckies fly :helmet: BRING IT ON!! DO YOUR WORST!! :helmet:
THE GAME

My Armory
Darum
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Darum »

i won't. the only way i'll ever watch sports is if videogames are suddenly considered a real sport.
"every set-back, a step foward. every failure, an extra oportunity for success. every day of defeat, a victory!"
Set
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Devil in disguise

Post by Set »

Feh. You actually think I'd watch that crap? I don't know why people waste their time just to watch a few jocks run a ball back and forth.

Don't even get me started on what they pay those players. They don't deserve that money.
Hamster
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Hamster »

:roll:

outwarddoodles
Custom Title: I'm here! What more do you want?

Post by outwarddoodles »

Well, I don't like football either (as with a lot of other sports.), yet I certainly don't condemn people for liking it.

What ever floats your boat, I suppose.

I'm only in it for the food served at Super Bowl Parties.
Andy Milonakis pretty much sums up my feelings for the event!
http://www.ifilm.com/ifilmdetail/2460092?htv=12&htv=12
That kid has some serious problems.
"We are not always what we seem, and hardly ever what we dream."
Hamster
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Hamster »

outwarddoodles wrote:Well, I don't like football either (as with a lot of other sports.), yet I certainly don't condemn people for liking it.

You are the first person ever who is decent enough to say that. :|

Ink
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: A Fledgling Shovelbum - Pack Archaeologist & Cultural Anthropologist!

Post by Ink »

The Super Bowl is fun with friends. Otherwise it's like getting drunk to satiate the urge.

I like football, just... not a lot of it. One game a year is good, so long as I have the necessary preparations to get through it:
  • Beer.
  • Liquor.
  • Friends.
  • Munchy-foodie-things.
  • A general poll to not watch the Half-Time show.
Set
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Devil in disguise

Post by Set »

Hamster wrote::roll:
"Why must you always go one step too far? You could be...such a pleasant person...if only you had a tiny little edit button." - Boris Pochenko, The Beautician And The Beast
Renorei
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Renorei »

I'm not planning on watching the super bowl. It's not that I don't like sports, it's just that I don't give a damn about the overwhelming majority of teams. I do, however, care about my university's teams. I went to every home football game this year to support our Indians (bears? gators? leopard dogs? moccasins? hawks?). And, I'm going to a basketball game in about an hour and a half. Basically, I only care about sports if I have some kind of vested interest in it...if it's a team I care about. And for the vast majority of teams, that's a resounding 'NO'.
Aki
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Wolfblood

Post by Aki »

Anubis wrote:personaly i think football is babaric
Obviously you've never heard of rugby if you thin Football is barbaric... :lol:

But I'm, not watching the Superbowl. Sports never were a interest of mine. And the fact that the Patriots aren't in it this year kills any minor "This team is from my state, maybe they'll win!" interest. :P
Darum
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Darum »

Hamster wrote:
outwarddoodles wrote:Well, I don't like football either (as with a lot of other sports.), yet I certainly don't condemn people for liking it.

what? you mean people actually do condemn others for liking sports? that's just sad...
Last edited by Darum on Sat Feb 04, 2006 10:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"every set-back, a step foward. every failure, an extra oportunity for success. every day of defeat, a victory!"
Silverclaw
Mood: Meh...

Post by Silverclaw »

Ah, Andy Milonakis. That kids hilarous :D He kindof reminds me of myself in my more hyper moods :P

I'll proably watch the Superbowl, though I dont like watching sports. I just luv Superbowl commercials! Hopefully there will be a good, funny batch this year! :)
(The only Superbowl I watched that I was actualy interested in was a few years back when Baltimore 'Ravens' played. Go Maryland! 8)
Short Tail
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Resident Chakat

Post by Short Tail »

Yep, I am watching it. our school shows the game on a 15 foot screen and has special food, plus they give prizes if you can guess things like player to score the first touchdown, final score, first celebrity in a comercial ect. plus it is a great time to hang out with friends from other dorms. (to be honest I could care less about the actual game, it is just getting together with friends and doing something as a big group that's fun) And as for barbaric sports, nothing is more fun than a game of dorm rugby or football on the field after a rain. Nice and muddy. Things just arent as fun if you cant get hurt playing them IMO.
"War is over if you want it to be. Imagine all the people living life in peace." - John & Yoko
outwarddoodles
Custom Title: I'm here! What more do you want?

Post by outwarddoodles »

Darum wrote: what? you mean people actually do condemn others for liking sports? that's just sad...
Actually yes, apparently.

As I said, I don't like a lot of sports, they're just of no interest to me, nor do I ever seem to have any fun playing them. Yet I don't murmur something mean under my breath when I pass someone much like a “jock’. There are people at my school who will hate “jocks’ by all means. Well, to say, I dislike those same people, but I’m not going to hate someone just because they love sports.
"We are not always what we seem, and hardly ever what we dream."
Hamster
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Hamster »

Darum wrote:
Hamster wrote:

what? you mean people actually do condemn others for liking sports? that's just sad...
Look at almost every post above.

vrikasatma
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Sometimes, ya just gotta say ... BLEEEE!!
Additional Details: Digg: Gemfinder
Dragon Cave: http://dragcave.net/user/Xocowolf
Twitter: @Xocowolf
Mood: Busy

Post by vrikasatma »

Depends on how my health does. If I got the quickstep again I'll stay in my (television-less) apartment. If my body's okay I'll go up to the apartment clubhouse and watch it there.

I'm of the opinion that jocks, as a species, are pond scum, but I enjoy the game on its own merits. It's socialized ritual warfare. Better sports than the real thing, IMO.

And I'm rootin' for the 'Hawks :)
ImageImageImageImage
Anubis
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Eletist Jerk

Post by Anubis »

Set wrote: Don't even get me started on what they pay those players. They don't deserve that money.
frist off your one angery girl aren't you,

second i agree they are some spoiled dip s*** that are in need of a reality check
THE GAME

My Armory
vrikasatma
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Sometimes, ya just gotta say ... BLEEEE!!
Additional Details: Digg: Gemfinder
Dragon Cave: http://dragcave.net/user/Xocowolf
Twitter: @Xocowolf
Mood: Busy

Post by vrikasatma »

Set wrote:Don't even get me started on what they pay those players. They don't deserve that money.
Set, usually I differ with your viewpoints, but I gotta go with you on this one.

Athletes get paid more than cops and teachers and, in my eyes, that's a social injustice.
ImageImageImageImage
Fenrir
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Fenrir »

I don't think I'll watch the superbowl comercials (none of my teams made it :cry: ) but i will be watching the super bowl comercials and The Roling Stones during half time :)
"Nam Sibyllam quidem Cumis ego ipse oculis meis vidi in ampulla pendere et cul illi pueri dicerent 'Sibylla Ti cupisne' respondebat illa 'Cupio mortere'."

-Satyricon
Vilkacis
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Vilkacis »

Well, if I get any spare time after finishing my homework, I'll probably spend it reading a book. Other than playing sports, I've never really understood the appeal of watching them, aside from the social aspect of it.

As for what they're paid, I would certainly agree that they're paid much more than I (and I think most people) believe they're worth for the service they provide, but when it comes down to it, people don't usually pay you more than you're worth (not for long, anyway), so if they're making that much money (and they have been as long as I can remember), they must be worth that much to someone.

-- Vilkacis
Darum
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Darum »

Hamster wrote:
Darum wrote:
Hamster wrote:

Look at almost every post above.
i see people saying they hate sports, but none saying people who like them suck, or anything. i see one that says the players don't diserve the money they get, but again, nothing comdemning the spectators.