"Mythical" rather than "horror" aspect

This is the place for discussion and voting on various aspects of werewolf life, social ideas, physical appearance, etc. Also a place to vote on how a werewolf should look.
NightmareHero
Legendary
Legendary

"Mythical" rather than "horror" aspect

Post by NightmareHero »

Werewolves to date I believe in mainstream movies have only been portrayed by their horror aspect, that is to say their negative qualities. But there hasn't been much emphasis to make more of a portrayal as mythical creatures, the fact that they are intelligent resourcefull shapeshifters in the same way that some myths dipict mermaids who can transform into human form.

There can still be "horror", but that horror doesn't necessarily have to stem from makeing the transformations grotesque and painfull (god I hope not for this movie!) or making all the werewolves kill humans in vicious and disgusting ways. Horror can stem from suspense, finding a dead body, revelation that someone thought to be good is bad. And malice, not necessarily from the werewolf form, but from human nature, as was done in the first SCREAM movie.

The mythical aspect could be portrayed by showing other aspects of the werewolves that other mythical creatures have always showen, such as intelligence, emotion, and most of all amazement at their form, NOT revulsion. I'm tired of seeing werewolf designs that are ugly to look at, not something natural. For this movie to be realistic, the werewolves must be portrayed as a natural species, that evolved from a hereditary virus that mutated and was passed down from a real wolf into a human. We should gaze in awe at their form, not always in fear of it.
WolvenOne
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: The Right-Wing WarMongering Artsy-Fartsy Woof

Post by WolvenOne »

Er, first off, in the future, lets try not to create a whole new topic again for awhile. It's starting to get very difficult to navigate all these topics because there are so many duplicates, many of which are empty.

Secondly, I believe the director has addressed this issue already. They're going to try to portrey werewolves as people, not inherently good or evil, but still capable of both. It's my understanding though that thier contractially obligated to present a scary film not an art house film. So werewolves in this film will be creatures capable of garnering fear.

Third, maybe you should hold back on the red text a bit. It's sorta loud and mentally comes across to me as, shouting at the top of your lungs.
NightmareHero
Legendary
Legendary

Post by NightmareHero »

:lol: Please stay on topic, not on your personal compaints regarding ME.

If anyone could add anything constructive about the mythical aspect of werewolves, then please do so. This are after all, constructive IDEAS.
WolvenOne
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: The Right-Wing WarMongering Artsy-Fartsy Woof

Post by WolvenOne »

These arn't complaints about you.... well, except for the one about the red text.

I've noticed many people creating more topics then neccessry, it's not you in particuler.

Plus, I'm not sure we should be debating a topic that's seemingly long been settled by the director. However, I suppose if people want to just, talk in general about that subject, then that should be okay.