Alone and Afriad

Here you can role-play as your favorite character in a loose and informal setting.

Moderators: Silvermoon, Silver Predator Wolf, Wingman, Thunderclaw

Ancient
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Keeper of useless knowledge and information

Post by Ancient »

Bright-Howl embraced Forest-Wolf back in a gentle way. Her touch was comforting but laced with unseen power. She let him go and listened to Night-Song yell at the stranger who left without so much as a backwards glance. She took a few steps towards Night-Song not afraid of the anger that was shown. For those that was sensitive to magic a light blue wind swirled gently around her for a few moments then was gone. She raised her hand to the angered wolf and spoke gently.
"Peace, Night-Song, Tale-Spinner, daughter of Blizzard-Strider Hrafn's-Smile and Breanne human's child, daughter of the Icy-Stream-Caern. "
With her words the light blue wind encircled Night-Song gently and lovingly. Almost as if Bright-Howl was trying to comfort her. Yet, Bright-Howl did not purposefuly invoke this.
The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the source of all art and science.-Albert Einstein
Grayheart
Game Master
Game Master
Custom Title: The Striding Stranger

Post by Grayheart »

After Bright-Howl's spiritwind had touched her Night-Song calmed down a bit with a fine smile on her face. She turned her head into Bright-Howl's direction. She was happy about the fact that the young crescentmoon child was befriend with the spirits of air, because her folk had always been in close contact with the spirits of air and fire.

*wolf-speech*
You learn fast, Bright-Howl, daughter of Dark-Moon Man-Slayer! Very good! Harbard Rune-Whistler would have been proud to see this. He was the Godi of my folk - born under the crescent moon like you were.

She paused a short moment and looked after the leaving stranger. Again a little flash of anger appeared in her eyes, but she fought it down.

*wolf-speech*
A good deed was it to ease my anger - not appropiate is it in this situation when we all should honor your father's death and your first victory! Forgive me, young one. Although my folk's land is icy our blood is hot and easily offended we are. But one thing can be learned in my homelands: The mother's law is hard but fair. She teaches us all what to do - teaches us all the appropiate ways - and running away from them is inacceptable to me!

But for now I will control my feelings about the matter - as long as I'm still here with you. The next nights will bring answers ...

She fell silent and a thinkful expression appeared on her face. She shaked her head and smiled down to Bright-Howl.

*wolf-speech*
And now young one, now you have to decide what to do with your father. What are the appropiate rites for your folk? Earth or fire?
In wildness is the preservation of the world
So seek the wolf in thyself!

(Metallica - Of Wolf and Man)
Miguel
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Keep it Copacetic!
Mood: Happy

Post by Miguel »

Forest-Wolf stood back and looked at Bright-Howl. He groaned and began to pace.
"This isn't right."
Turning to his full wolf form, he quickly ran after Shonita.
yugiohfreak
Pack Leader
Pack Leader
Custom Title: Pack leader

Post by yugiohfreak »

Shonita paddedup to a stream. She sniffed the area around the waters' edge.

"They were here alright..." She quikly started pacing. "I called them, why wouldn't they wait for me?" She shook her head furiously.

Sighing, she bent her head down to drink.
"Yugi, if I had a dime for every time you said the word destiny, well, I'd be even richer than I was already." - Seto Kaiba
Miguel
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Miguel »

Forest-Wolf arrived behind Shonita.
"I'm sorry about my friends. Night-Song really is great. Please don't leave."
He slowly padded towards her.
Ancient
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Ancient »

Bright howl cast a look up to Night-Song.
"I do not know the rites of my folk. Although I feel comfotable in giving his body to the spirits of fire. For he was a firey warrior. With wisdom as deep as the flames."
Her warm honey colored eyes looked into the eyes of the wolf looking down at her.
"I am sorry I have offended you in my peacemaking but if one wants to run from the mother how can we drag them unwillingly back"

(Just realized I wrote people. Whoops deffinatly not people are they? :shift: lol)
Last edited by Ancient on Sun Feb 12, 2006 10:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the source of all art and science.-Albert Einstein
Grayheart
Game Master
Game Master

Post by Grayheart »

Night-Song was surprised about Bright-Howl's answer. How could the young one not know the rites of her folk? How could that be? Dark-Moon would have thaught her all, wouldn't he? She would ask this questions later - like many others she had.

*wolf-speech*
Wisdom as deep as the flames? Are you sure that you are a crescentmoon, young one? These words are worth a moondancer's tongue!

A playful smile appeared on her face. All anger was gone, the young garou made her feel comfortable - and this after a long time of being alone. Now she was truly Night-Song Tale-Spinner - Raven-Wolf Story-Seeker was now really gone, like so many garou she had been before.

*wolf-speech*
And you didn't offend me, Bright-Howl. You will know it when you offend me, young one. And about the one named Shonita: You are right: We cannot drag the unwilling back, but it's our duty to keep the mother's law - every garou is bound by this duty! We have to convince - but not with words! We have to show it in our deeds, in our life.

But enough with this. We have to prepare some things for your father's funeral. If you have to say nothing against it I would be very happy to give him the rites of my folk - I'm sure the ancestorspirits of the Icy-Stream-Caern wouldn't mind me doing this, since he was a glorious defender of the mother.

Ancient
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Ancient »

Bright-Howl heard her question about being a cresentmoon.
"I do not know what I truly am. I have a feeling Dark-Moon's words about it being my heart that changed me were of literal sense as well as metaphorical. It's confusing. I knew him for only such a short time, yet have walked in his shadow my entire life."
Hearing Night-Song's words about how she would be happy to give him over to the rites of her folks she smiled.
Grayheart
Game Master
Game Master

Post by Grayheart »

(OOG: Hey, ye all! Where are ya? :? You are all so quiet lately!))

Miguel
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Miguel »

((I'm still in. Don't worry.))
Grayheart
Game Master
Game Master

Post by Grayheart »

So she didn't know him her entire life! This explains a lot! she thought and smiled down to her

*wolf-speech*
Ahh, you will get the answers that you will need, young one! The spirits listen to you and when you are full of respect to them, they will reveal the mother's plan for you, Bright-Howl!

Night-Song looked around. Forest-Wolf had just left to run after the stranger. She sighed - this would be a hard time to bear.

Then her gaze turned to the one young garou who had informed them about the near ruins and the young human boy she was leading there. Again she sighed. Another problem they would have to care for. She almost wished the boy had died - but the mother had spoken and now they had to deal with him. She would have to talk with him some serious words.

Then she looked to the metal wolf who had been very quiet since Dark-Moon's spirit had left with the ghostpack. She didn't know what he was thinking right now, but wished she would.

She looked again down to Bright-Howl and then raised her voice so all could hear her

*wolf-speech*
Ye all! Listen! We have to prepare a lot before we can give Dark-Moon to the spirits of fire! Come to me and we talk about the nescessary things!

Night-Song sat down on a treestump near by and pointed with her clawy hand beside her, inviting Bright-Howl to sit down.

Ancient
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Ancient »

Bright-Howl sat down next to Night-Song and looked up at the older wiser wolf beside her and waited. The wind that seemed to accompany her as of late gently blew through her ebony hair and then was gone just as suddenly.

(I'm always here. :) )
Aki
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Wolfblood

Post by Aki »

Metal-Wolf nodded, turning towards Night-Song, and walking closer. "Then tell us of what preparations must be made, so we may make them," he said, before sitting down with a soft grunt.
Night-claw
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: lone wolf

Post by Night-claw »

(peace out!^_^ I'm here too)
Tsume let the others solve their problems while she took the human to the ruins.
there are things that are ment to only seen and not captured. Even if it makes us sad to forget.
Grayheart
Game Master
Game Master

Post by Grayheart »

A short flash of anger appeared in Night-Song eyes as she noticed that this one young garou left with the human boy instead of coming to her and listen to what had been to be told. She shaked her head slowly - like so many times before in this night - and turned her attention to Bright-Howl and Metal-Wolf.

*wolf-speech*
Hrrrmm, since Forest-Wolf and the other youngling don't seem to be interested in the funeral of their former packleader it will be our duty to care for this instead.

She paused a short moment, recalling everything she had to care for. Her gaze rested on Metal-Wolf again.

*wolf-speech*
Well then, Metal-Wolf! We have to be sure that no one will interrupt us during the funeral and the feast for the younglings to honor their first battle. We have to be sure that no humans are near enough to take notice of the fire that we have to make, since it will be very big.

Then we will have to collect a lot of wood, of course! I hope Forest-Wolf will return soon, 'cause the more we are the faster we can collect the recommended wood.

Then I need to know what happened before I reached you all, 'cause I'll have to tell the story of the battle to the spirits properly and I'll have to know as much about Dark-Moon's deeds as possible.

And we will have to talk about the boy's destiny, since he knows who we are - what we are! The Litany is clear about that: The Veil shall not be lifted. Unfortunately it was lifted and instead of killing the boy we led him live - I spoke for him not to be killed while invoking the mother's law.

She paused again, thinking about something then looking again to Bright-Howl who had first spoken not to kill the boy

*wolf-speech*
I didn't believed the boy would survive - but he did and proved that the mother wants him to live. It is now our turn to find out why.

With this last words she looked into Bright-Howls honey colored eyes.

Anubis
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Eletist Jerk

Post by Anubis »

i just want something to happen half the time they're speaking their own language that i don't understand a word of. while i'm sitting here in the dark at what is going to happen to me

((what is going to happen to my character!?!?!?!?))
Last edited by Anubis on Tue Feb 14, 2006 11:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
THE GAME

My Armory
Ancient
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Ancient »

Bright-Howl looked at Night-Song as she spoke.
"Dark-Moon helped defeat an old hunter from my past. One that would surely have destroyed us all. He was a powerful warrior and a great leader. He lead with a steady yet gentle hand and a spirit as giving as the great mother herself. He was a gentle teacher yet held the mother's law above all."
She looked back into the eyes of Night-Song a peaceful almost mystical look lay deep in her eyes.
"I do not know why I spoke against killing the boy. Something seemed to scream at me. It was like the voice of the greatmother called to me and told me the boy's destiny was greater than precived."
The mystical wind blew gently around her as if trying to make it's own point known.
Night-claw
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: lone wolf

Post by Night-claw »

(My charaters taking you to the ruins man!!!!Chill your character will live!!! :lol: )
Tsume led the way but she could tell that the human didn't like things being quite so she turned into her human form."So whats your name?"
there are things that are ment to only seen and not captured. Even if it makes us sad to forget.
Grayheart
Game Master
Game Master

Post by Grayheart »

Night-Song nodded slowly. Something was special about the boy and she would find out what it was. She turned her attention to Metal-Wolf again and waited for him to reply.

Anubis
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Eletist Jerk

Post by Anubis »

"My name is John, what going to happen to me?""
THE GAME

My Armory
Aki
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Aki »

Grayheart wrote:Night-Song nodded slowly. Something was special about the boy and she would find out what it was. She turned her attention to Metal-Wolf again and waited for him to reply.
"From what I hear, mostly from the mouth of the old warrior himself while he still lived, he and his pack did much battle against the humans, even bringing it to their settlements. All in the name of the perservation of the mother," Metal-Wolf said, "Though not a course of action I agree with, his dedication to the mother is quite commendable. He was a strong and valiant warrior, and wise, if a bit biased. He was also, from what little I observed, a loving father."

"Thats all I could offer in Dark-Moon's story; all I really know. Though, I can protect against any intrustion attempted by the men will succeed. I know their ways, I can figure out what routes they would attempt, and what would make them steer clear of this wood, rather than stick their flat noses in where they ought not be."
Grayheart
Game Master
Game Master

Post by Grayheart »

Night-Song listened carefully to the words of this white pelted one. She soaked every bit of information she could get into her mind, spinning a story worth telling to the spirits in this night. She already knew a lot of storys about Dark-Moon's deeds and the deeds of his pack, since the ravens whispered the storys of this area into her ears while she was striding through this woods. But it was always better to hear these storys from garou who had known the deceased garou.

*wolf-speech*
So I may ask you, Metal-Wolf, would you be so kind to scout the surrounding and take care that no manlings are near enough to interrupt us? While you would doing this we could take care of the other things that are to be done.

Aki
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Aki »

Metal-Wolf nodded. "But of course, mylady" he said, with a bow and grin to Night-Song. The amulet around his neck pulsed with blue light for a moment, and his armor reapeared on him instantly, but changed, shaped to fit the war-form. No longer was it the all-inclosing plate and chain, mostly just plate, large plates covering his torso, legs, arms and a helmet for his head. It mostly covered him, but there were still points where his white pelt was visible. Esspecially his face, the helmet only covered the sides, back and top of his head, as well as the top of his muzzle. "I will ensure none disturb you."

He turned and shifted to full-wolf, the armor turning with him, becoming slightly less protective, but all the more manueverable. The armored wolf set off into the forest to scout the area.
Ancient
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Ancient »

Bright-Howl watched as Alexander now known as Metal-Wolf walked off. She then turned her gaze to Night-Song seemingly at a loss for words or action.
Miguel
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Miguel »

Forest-Wolf turned away from Shonita.
"I am going back to the others. I promise that I will fight for what you have lost, but for now I must return to the pack. Only because I should watch the ceremony for Broken-Fang. It is my duty. You are welcome to return. I will always have a welcome for you."
He then darted back towards the others.

As he arrived, he looked to Night-Song.
"I am sorry for my leaving Night-Song. I can't just rid her from this pack though. But, I promise that I will be respectful of our passed leader."
He walked over to where Bright-Howl was and smiled to her in a polite gesture.
"I'm sorry Bright-Howl. I won't dart off like that again."