The place for anything at all...
anirbas
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Red headed duck lady

How did you get your username

Post by anirbas »

Just curious. :D

I got mine from spelling my first name backwards.

ANIRBAS = SABRINA

:D
Hamster
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Hamster »

Hamster is my nickname. Its from my real last name, "Hammond" and my fursona is a hamster. :)
Meh Dev account: http://kileyhannan.deviantart.com/

"Life... It's drawing without an eraser..."
anirbas
Legendary
Legendary

Post by anirbas »

Last edited by anirbas on Tue Feb 14, 2006 1:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
anirbas
Legendary
Legendary

Post by anirbas »

Thats cool.
And most people won't have your username.
Furya
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Dirty little f***
Location: Talking to myself. It's the first sign of insanity.

Post by Furya »

pretty much noone likes me. they take one look at me and assume i'm satanic. [because i like to wear black all the time.]

so that's were i get "Misfit" from.

as for the werewolf part, thats a bit hardeer to explain. i may be human, but my sole is "wolf" so to speak. and i actually do act somewhat like a wolf. so you can say i am, in a way, a "Werewolf".
Vuldari
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Aspiring "Reverse" Kitsune

Post by Vuldari »

My username is a complex character/entity that I created a few years back with the intention of including it within an ambitious story/novel I was planning to write.

At it's primitive core, the name "Vuldari" is more or less a vague description of it's physical incarnations appearance.

(-"Vulpine" / "Dragon"- Vul-dra became Vul-dar for phonetic reasons, and the "i" at the end was originally supposed to represent the Plural of the word, but I later decided that it sounded cool to use as the Singular as well.)

"Vuldari" was going to be a new, cooler sounding name for my own version of furred, feather-winged dragons, which I called "Fobidra" (Fox-Bird-Dragon). However, I later decided that the word sounded cooler as a specific Name rather than the entire species, and "Vuldari" became just one certain Fobidra.

...though, to call "Vuldari" (the character I use as my namesake), an "individual" would be innacurate.

First of all, in the world Vuldari exists in..."Fobidra" do not actually exist, though classic, scaly, fire-breathing dragons Do. The creatures knows as "Fobidra" were the creation of a young, ambitious mage-in-trainings imagination.

[spoiler]Part of me wants to describe the History of "Alexander Jacob Rahl", but that would be getting off topic a bit, even though he is PART of "Vuldari"[/spoiler]

The over-ambitious Mage was perticularly fond of Transformation magic, and intended to grant himself the power to take on the form of an exagerated, literal interpretation of his family crest. (Which depicted both a Fox and a Dragons tail.)

He set up this incredibly complex ritual-spell which involved two powerful Gold and Silver talismans and the use of a shard of his own living soul as the power-source for the enchantment.

...he screwed it up...

He was trying to give himself the power to transform into a 15-foot Fobidra at will, but he ended up breaking off two parts of his soul, that he did not get back as was intended. Instead, two shards of his soul became stuck inside the two talismans, charged with the intention of transforming something into a Fobidra. The two talismans cracked open and hatched two baby Fobidras like eggs, each bearing a part of the mages soul, and became new life forms ...his offspring... his CHILDREN.

He named the two young Fobidras "Jin" and "Kaji" (meaning "Gold" and "Silver" respectively, as are their color schemes), and the three of them, being individuals, but also one, collectively from that day forward were all "VULDARI". (or "of-Vuldari" as none of them are IT alone...only together)

...in time, the mage learns to draw strength from his "children" when they are all together (assuming they give it up willingly) to take on the physical form he originally intended to create, (a White, Brown and Sunset Orange Fobidra that is slightly bigger and stronger than the two offspring), but it drains alot from all three of them, and is only used in desperate emergencies.

VULDARI is my favorite, and most imaginitive character/creature I ever made, and is also a unique word that does not yet have any other meanings. (It belongs to ME...My Word...)

...therefore, I can think of no other name that could represent my unique personality and imagination as that.

Vuldari is my imagination...I am "Vuldari". Image
Last edited by Vuldari on Tue Feb 14, 2006 2:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Please Forgive the Occasional Outburst of my Inner Sage ... for he is Oblivious to Sarcasm, and not Easily Silenced.

=^.^'= ~
Short Tail
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Resident Chakat

Post by Short Tail »

Mine is just my nickname around the dorm. It comes from my name, Peter. I didn't feel like using my fursona's name (Short tail) or my gamer alias (PaNiC ! B@N3 [that is Bane])
"War is over if you want it to be. Imagine all the people living life in peace." - John & Yoko
Hearth
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Hearth »

Ahh...... A certain person called Burrich is called that way by the Wit-magic in a certain book....

Any guesses what book that might be? The right answerer gets ten points and a parrot stamp.

:wink:
Set
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Devil in disguise

Story time! ^^;

Post by Set »

My original screen name, Reilune, was a corruption of the name Riley.

This one...came about because of my boredom. I basically stole it from an Egyptian storm god. It was only after I got used to it that I realized we have alot in common.

I was called Seti in a past life. That just happens to be one of the variations of his name. (Others would include Seth, Setekh, Sut, Sutekh, and Suty.)

He's a god of storms and wind, two things which I happen to like very much. I was also born under the element of air in the greek zodiac, which oddly fell on a day that's under the sign of Set in Egyptian astrology.

One thing he's known for is that unusual red hair. Now I'm not a redhead, but I did have hair of an odd color when I was born. Half of my family is native american/hispanic, and the darkest hair the other half has naturally is that dark dirt blonde, so I don't know how I ended up with hair that color...but when I was born it was white. I don't mean blonde. I mean WHITE. It didn't stay that way but that's how it started.

Speaking of my birth, I'd like to take this opportunity to tell you that my mother had a hard time with me. I made her sick, was breech, and had to be cut out of her. What does this have to do with old Sutekh? Well...

You whom the pregnant goddess brought forth when you clove the night in twain -
You are invested with the form of Set, who broke out in violence.

-- Pyramid Texts

Snakes...for some reason there's this thing with snakes... I get bitten by them all the time in my dreams, but I've never had a problem with real ones. Not even the rattlers I've come close to stepping on. They don't even hiss at me. I'm not sure why. He only had to deal with Apep, but I'm surrounded by serpents.

I've heard him described as dark and moody, and anyone who's been around me long enough says the same of me.

We're both a little tempermental. According to my mother I have a short fuse.

And that's my bit about my screen name. I think I'd better stop now before I ramble so much I forget what I was talking about.
Anubis
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Eletist Jerk

Post by Anubis »

my full online name "Anubis Garou" i got cause it sounded cool 8)

but as time went by i find it's actualy a fitting name for my alterego/RPG character. Anubis is the same name for the orginal egyption jackal headed god of the dead, and Garou means "wolf" in french.

bring those two to gether and you get a discription of Anubis, a bad a** black fured werewolf that is not a afraid to kill somebody :evil: :D

I AM ANUBIS GAROU!! HEAR ME HOWL!!!!! :howl:  :oo
THE GAME

My Armory
Hamster
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Hamster »

Petard wrote:Mine is just my nickname around the dorm. It comes from my name, Peter. I didn't feel like using my fursona's name (Short tail) or my gamer alias (PaNiC ! B@N3 [that is Bane])
A side note Petard, what animal is your fursona?
Meh Dev account: http://kileyhannan.deviantart.com/

"Life... It's drawing without an eraser..."
Darth Canis
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Darth Canis »

8) Mine came along a while back its kind of a character i created and have yet to write a story about. Darth is of course the title name of a sith, (aka the baddies in the starwars universe) ever since i was a little girl when i watched any of the Star Wars movies i always wanted to fast forward through the good guy scenes and watch Darth Vader and the emperor in action. So that is why the name darth was chosen, i don't consider my self an evil creature or what not, just like all sith they were once good people who turned bad i just like the irony of it. Anyho Canis is the genus name for most wild canids...aka Grey Wolf: Canis lupus. That is my geeky zoology self coming out there. The story is that a unknown planet full of these werewolf type force users is discovered and the emperor wants them. One female of the species is captured and seduced by the dark side, her anger for her captors grows as she sees what they do to her people. She channels her new found dark energies of the force to free her people basically. I haven't really began writing but its something i plan to do soon. So yeah its Darth Canis and Canis for short canis is my alter ego so there ya go. [/i]
The little girl who always wanted to fly an x wing and be raised by wolves... Come to think of it she still does.
Ink
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: A Fledgling Shovelbum - Pack Archaeologist & Cultural Anthropologist!

Post by Ink »

I write a lot.

:nerdwolf:

'Nuff
said.
outwarddoodles
Custom Title: I'm here! What more do you want?

Post by outwarddoodles »

Actually, I'm pretty unsure as to why I choose Outwarddoodles. I started using the name a little bit over a year ago, and I now use it as my main online handle (though I'm much too lazy to go and change some older acounts). I believe I was in a hurry and 'outwarddoodles' is what sounded nice to me.

Plus, if I google the name, I'm the only one who uses it, and I like being called by 'Doodles' or 'Outward'.
"We are not always what we seem, and hardly ever what we dream."
Prowler
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Arctic interests

Post by Prowler »

I think 'Prowler' was from a game with some friends awhile back, i have a feeling it described my playing style that day lol. I liked it so i kept it. :D

Often i put Chris in front if Prowler but for some reason i didn't this time. :P
Darum
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Darum »

just made mine up 'cause it sounded cool (or so i thought, turns out it's German for "because").
"every set-back, a step foward. every failure, an extra oportunity for success. every day of defeat, a victory!"
Renorei
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Renorei »

Well, my full name in real life is Rebel Lenore Fornea (pronounced fornay). So....

Rebel
Lenore
Fornea

....comes out to be Renorea. That's cool and all, but the letters 'e' and 'a' normally don't make an 'ay' sound when combined, which is what I was going for. So, I looked for alternatives....

Renoray
Renorae
Renore'
Renorei

....and ended up choosing 'Renorei' because it looked the coolest 8) . I like it because, AFAIK, it's totally unique to me. Also, as opposed to simply being a word that sounds cool, it actually has something to do with me as a person.

My original username, Excelsia, came from a comedian I was watching on comedy central. If you really wanna know the story...

[spoiler]Basically he was doing this stand-up bit about the word 'vagina', and how it was such an ugly-sounding word. He concluded that men must have named this body part, because if women had named it, it would have been something beautiful and powerful, like....EXCELSIA. He went on to mention scenarios in which it would appear in conversation, such as (woman talking to man) "If you go shopping with me, I'll let you see Excelsia". Anyway, I found his bit highly amusing, plus I fell in love with the name. So, I started using it online. [/spoiler]

But, as time went by, I wanted something more original and personal to me, and thus 'Renorei' came about.
white
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Post-Humanist

Post by white »

I made this nick up from scratch, playing with sounds until I hit on something neat and then spelled it out phonetically. Annoyingly enough, it turns out that at least a few other people've done the same. I suppose that's what you get when you have millions of people online :P
Sanity is relative.
SnowWalker
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Suck it up, cupcake

Post by SnowWalker »

this isn't going to sound as cool as you all think:

one of my college friends had a horse named Southern Dust/Dust Walker. I'm not sure which one was the registered name and which one was because the registered name sucked --- but anyway. So, I always had a fascination with how it sounded but I'm not big into dust (although you wouldn't know it by how much there is around me!) Annnnyway... I love snow.... I love to walk (lol) hence: SnowWalker. It's sorta my wolf name... (ya know... if the world was more like an anime :wink: )

~Snowy

btw.... my friends horse was the daughter of the 1979 (?) Kentucky Derby winner -- Dust Commander.
"Valve Radio," the debut cd from Nicole De Fino, is now available for purchase through cdbaby.com: http://www.cdbaby.com/nicoledefino

"There is no 'I' in 'team', there are two in "idiot" though..."
Lyco
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Lyco »

Weird story...

just before my werewolf obsession was starting to really takeoff, my usual screen was acually "Zelgadas" (i don't know, i heard form somewhere and remember thinking it was cool), anyway

I ended up geting Xbox LIVE, and me an my brother had a problem. We we're both gonna play Xbox LIVE alot, but had only one account and there for only one gamertag to share between us. We decided that we would abandon our old screen names and devlop one that represented both of us for use in the account, strangely however he left the task of doing this entirely up to me.

I remind you this was around the time my wolf obsession was starting up, so inedatably i thought of Lyco, which oviously is just a messed up versaion of the greek word for wolf "lykos" So i used that as the gamertag, and my bro like it too.

Thing is, after that I started using "Lyco" everywhere cuz i liked it so much, so eventually it just became mine, and my bro just sorf got the shaft.
vrikasatma
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Sometimes, ya just gotta say ... BLEEEE!!
Additional Details: Digg: Gemfinder
Dragon Cave: http://dragcave.net/user/Xocowolf
Twitter: @Xocowolf
Mood: Busy

Post by vrikasatma »

I saw that the general paradigm for names here was wolf-based, so I started brainstorming on wolf-names. I didn't want something contrived like "Fire-in-the-Belly" or "Nothing-to-Prove," and "Ravenwolf" was a little too common, more likely someone else would use that or "Wolfraven."

So I pulled up "Vrikasatma;" it was unique, and since nobody I know speaks Sanskrit was unlikely to get swiped. It means "Great Wolf" as in most excellent, splendid, superlative. It sounds egotistical but it's not; I was starting to get sick when I chose it and I wanted to think positive: "I am a Most Excellent Wolf!" :)
ImageImageImageImage
Wolfhanyou
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Wolfhanyou »

The 'hanyou' part of my username spawned from my early obsession with the japanese anime Inuyasha, and the 'wolf' part comes from my fascination with wolves. However, as time wore on, (I've been using this username for a good four years now if I remember right) it came to describe my internet persona, and eventually it split off into an entirely different enitity and character.

I've also come to think of it as also describing the more primal and wolfish feelings I've felt sometime, which I've discovered could relate to therianthropy. So... ya, it stuck.

Besides, my friendly nickname between my friends and I, '(The Infamous) Wolfish One', is more of a title than anything else. :lol:
Boo
forsaken_wolf
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Present of Darkness

Post by forsaken_wolf »

Well how I got my name was when a was listening to that song forsaken which that song is really about vampires well I thought mind as well use cause it was a cool song and I was into wolves/werewolves and then I was bored and looked up forsaken wolf and found a comic about a wolf that was forsaken or something which was cool.
"lolis"
vrikasatma
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Sometimes, ya just gotta say ... BLEEEE!!
Additional Details: Digg: Gemfinder
Dragon Cave: http://dragcave.net/user/Xocowolf
Twitter: @Xocowolf
Mood: Busy

Post by vrikasatma »

You mean the game, Werewolf:the Forsaken? :)
ImageImageImageImage
wolfbound
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: thats right. I am a booze hound

Post by wolfbound »

mine was given to me. I like to be bound with chains.... don't ask

and was told i have traits of a wolf. I stick close to family, respect my elders, and so on.

so some friends ended up giving me the name wolfbound; combining the two. 8)
you never know just how you look through other peoples' eyes.