Lover's Moon

This is the place for discussion and voting on various aspects of werewolf life, social ideas, physical appearance, etc. Also a place to vote on how a werewolf should look.
NightmareHero
Legendary
Legendary

Lover's Moon

Post by NightmareHero »

I had another idea as well, lets suppose that werewolves can make love any time they want to, but there would be only one month in the year that the female would be fertile for child bearing. This is plausible since the woman is no longer wolf or human. You could even name it the "lover's moon" because the woman would be more lustfull during that time, even in human form.

ideas, opinions?
Lasthowl
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Lasthowl »

Does this imply heat?

I have mixed feelings on heat. Sometimes it's an interesting idea, and sometimes it's just silly.
WolvenOne
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: The Right-Wing WarMongering Artsy-Fartsy Woof

Post by WolvenOne »

Werewolves spend only a fraction of thier time in thier half-wolf form, so there's no reason to believe they follow the traditional biological cycles cannines have.
NightmareHero
Legendary
Legendary

Post by NightmareHero »

This is also make believe. This could be used as a plot device, maybe to show a female struggle to control her urges when in human form. If you think about it, there could be various humorous situations that could result from this. For example, what is the simplest way for a woman to satisfy her cravings at work sitting down behind a desk.....? Imagine how it would look if she was,..... discovered. Then again, there is the super hearing and smell, so that may be a mute point.
WolvenOne
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: The Right-Wing WarMongering Artsy-Fartsy Woof

Post by WolvenOne »

Er, I just don't see how that would further the plot in any way. Infact it may even turn off a portion of the audience.

Besides, as somebody else pointed out, the concept of heat can become very silly very fast.
Vuldari
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Aspiring "Reverse" Kitsune

Post by Vuldari »

WolvenOne wrote:Er, I just don't see how that would further the plot in any way. Infact it may even turn off a portion of the audience..
I'm turned off allready. :?

I' have no problem with the subject of werewolf love struggles being adressed, but there are some things I don't think most viewers (myself included) really want to see. ...so maybe they would do things like that in private...but we don't need to see it. Seriously.
ShadowFang
Legendary
Legendary
Mood: Happy

Post by ShadowFang »

Really? Female werewolves only are fertile for one month out of the entire year?!

Yet another reason to become a werewolf instead of human. 8)
Lasthowl
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Lasthowl »

WolvenOne wrote:Er, I just don't see how that would further the plot in any way. Infact it may even turn off a portion of the audience.
Exactly. It's beyond the scope of most movies, and doesn't add much.
LoupGarou
Legendary
Legendary

Post by LoupGarou »

If youre sticking with the whole hollywood silver bullet and full moon theory than it doesn't sound too bad,but if you wanna do something new than you should let that whole moon thingy go.
"The Wolf in Me...desires the Sheep in you."