Concert experiences

The place for anything at all...
Silverfang
Legendary
Legendary

Concert experiences

Post by Silverfang »

Just fresh from seeing Green Day LIVE :hsup in my home town of Milton Keynes, And man it was an experiance to live for...

Ok i'm sunburnt, was stinking of sweat, beer, sprite, soaked in water and even vomit :sickpup: :knockedout: There was everything being thrown about :panting:

But i'd do it all again to see Green Day LIVE :D :D :D

This is Silverfang: One very happy but worn out wolfie signing off at 1.24am (after getting there at 2pm saturday...) :sleepy:
Last edited by Silverfang on Sat Jun 18, 2005 7:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
*When you're down... howl*
Raina The Werewolf Queen
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Stupid Girl

Post by Raina The Werewolf Queen »

I got to see David Bowie In detroit. I loved it
SEDUCTIVE AND DESTRUCTIVE

I WANT MY ANTHONY BROWNRIGG PLUSHIE RIGHT NOW !!!!!!
Hamster
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Hamster »

Yeah, man/girl. Coming back from a screaming crowd is always the best thing ever. I have been to rock concerts, Rap concerts, wrestling crowds, UFC crowds, football crowds (Someone poured beer on me! :x ) and I tell ya, I love it!

The worst experience I ever had was when the beer was poured on me. :evil:

The best is spit when I was almost asked to come to the stage with Snoop Dogg ( :o ) and have on of the wrestlers (Big Show) pick me up and carry me on his shoulders (House show) inside the ring! (It is like riding an bear.)

The weirdest is when one of the wrestlers was checking me out and Buffed his arms at me (I look older then I am. ) :?
Raina The Werewolf Queen
Legendary
Legendary

I dont know about that. Im not into really crowded places. But yeah conserts rock

Hamster
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Hamster »

Not into big crowds!?! ??

I LOVE IT!!! It is the only place where I am not shy around people (I am very shy in person, belive me!). I can be down right blood thristy! :x :evil: :lol:
Raina The Werewolf Queen
Legendary
Legendary

Well thats not realy it. I like to be around small groups of people . walking running or what ever but when some smelly old guy is rubbing agenst me in a concert..........EWWWWWW I stick to small groups of friends

Scott Gardener
Legendary
Legendary
Mood: Excited

Post by Scott Gardener »

The Moody Blues, tomorrow night, around this time at The Woodlands. I saw The Cure at the same stage back in September or October.
Taking a Gestalt approach, since it's the "in" thing...
Terastas
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Spare Pelican

Post by Terastas »

Only been to two concerts, and I'll warn you now, I'm not as old as these might lead you to believe:

First one was when Boston came back to... Well... Boston. :wink: They were great, although I early on got the feeling that I was the only one there under the age of forty that wasn't pretending to be my age (I know I smelled pot while I was there).

Second one was Mitch Ryder and the Detroit Wheels. What can I say except that everyone I knew was into TLC at the time, which I knew would only last for a month.
vrikasatma
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Sometimes, ya just gotta say ... BLEEEE!!
Additional Details: Digg: Gemfinder
Dragon Cave: http://dragcave.net/user/Xocowolf
Twitter: @Xocowolf
Mood: Busy

Post by vrikasatma »

I used to follow Crash Worship and I've had so many experiences at that show alone I can't begin to count. Just incredible, they were. Imagine a no-holds-barred modern-day Bacchanalia, complete with wine, fire dances in the crowd and semi-clothed writhe-pits :D

At one show in Hollywood I got hooked up with a lovely fella and we did everything short of actual coupling right in the middle of the crowd. The band saw it, grabbed their mobile drums, came down and circled us :saiyenwolf:
ImageImageImageImage
Morkulv
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Panzer Division Morkulv
Mood: RAR!

Post by Morkulv »

Metallica

Korn

Slipknot

And a few 'underground'-bands nobody knows anyway. :P
Scott Gardener wrote: I'd be afraid to shift if I were to lose control. If I just looked fuggly, I'd simply be annoyed every full moon.
Terastas
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Spare Pelican

Post by Terastas »

Hmm... Would going to see Gallagher or the Blue Man Group count as a concert? If so, you can add them to my previous post.
vrikasatma
Legendary
Legendary

Post by vrikasatma »

I saw Blue Man Group at Luxor a few years ago. Yeah, I'd count that as a concert :) I hear the original guys are better but that show was a good time. It cracks me up that they were used in the Intel Inside commercials but they use Macs :lol:
ImageImageImageImage
Black Shuck
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Professional Air Guitarist

Post by Black Shuck »

I saw the Blue Man Group at Luxor too! That was awesome! I've been to a lot of Seven Nations concerts, not sure if anyone's heard of them.... And I've also seen Third Eye Blind and the Goo Goo Dolls with Venessa Carlton opening (she must've been on drugs that night or something, lol) and Kid Rock and Aerosmith with Must opening. I got a contact high at that concert, lol. And in a few days, I'm going to Ozzfest! Yes! At last! :D 8)
Image<-- Don't Do Crack (character from South Park)
Hamster
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Hamster »

Black Shuck wrote:And in a few days, I'm going to Ozzfest! Yes! At last! :D 8)
YEAH! I always wanted to go to Ozzfest! :( Hope you have a great time man! :headbanger:
Meh Dev account: http://kileyhannan.deviantart.com/

"Life... It's drawing without an eraser..."
Black Shuck
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Professional Air Guitarist

Post by Black Shuck »

I will! :D I've been dying to go for 3 years now and my mom could never get time off and it's been to far away :( But now it's in SLC! Yes! And I'll get to meet up with a friend that I met on a trip. It's gonna be sweet! Maybe someday you'll get tickets :wink: Keep on rockin and don't think about stoppin! :headbanger:
Image<-- Don't Do Crack (character from South Park)
outwarddoodles
Custom Title: I'm here! What more do you want?

Post by outwarddoodles »

I think I've been to some metal or something band concert before, I just got bored and went to sleep, while there was music blaring and people partying I just went to sleep on a blanket in the grass.
:D

Otherwise I think, or I thought, don't knwo if we are, going to see Dream Theater in Indiana, but I don't think so anymore. We put one of the CD's in our X-Box and the X-box labeled it as 'Dream the Eater', so we call it that sometimes.
:P
"We are not always what we seem, and hardly ever what we dream."
Anubis
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Eletist Jerk

Post by Anubis »

i went to the linkin park concert last year at the E-center in UTAH. MAN!!! it was a blast!!!! :D
THE GAME

My Armory
forsaken_wolf
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Present of Darkness

Post by forsaken_wolf »

Well on december 6th/05 I went to that MY CHEMICAL ROMANCE concert in saskatoon and it was fun seeing them and THRICE there while me and my friends were on the floor. And plus I would like to check out that TASTE OF CHAOS concert thats gonna happen soon in saskatoon again plus the guests areFuneral for a Friend, Deftones, Silverstein, Atreyu They kick a** and a bunch of other guests which is cool.
"lolis"
vrikasatma
Legendary
Legendary

Post by vrikasatma »

I could go into my Crash Worship experiences but that would probably merit a whole topic of its own...and not all of it would be good reading for those under 18, we got pretty insane in those pits.

Don't cite Linkin Park either, they don't come anywhere close. I know because you all kept your clothes on and didn't slather yourselves in chocolate syrup, wine, milk, corn oil, strawberry jam, edible glitter, honey...(smirk) I'll let you visualize the rest, heh heh heh :evil:

Yes, it was often out-of-control. We had fire-breathers mingling with the crowd. Frankly I'm surprised I survived mostly unscathed...

I will offer a couple contrasting anecdotes, however. I've been accused of having eclectic tastes in music. Pigface, Fiannacats, and the Oregon Mozart Players.

I saw Pigface when they came through Portland. The lineup consisted of Curse Mackey, Charles Levi from Thrill Kill Kult, En Esch formerly of KMFDM and currently heading Slick Idiot, The Enigma (yeah, the jigsaw puzzle tattoo guy) from the Jim Rose Circus, Hanin Elias, Martin Atkins, Krztoff, and a couple other people who I'm blanking on at the moment. Yes, a boatload of musicians on a tiny stage, but they raged. Enigma came down into the crowd wearing a pig mask and carrying a (thankfully toothless) chainsaw during one of the encores. "What did Enigma do with the toothless chainsaw, Vrikasatma?" you may very well be asking. Here's what he was doing: GOOSING people with it!!! :o Yes, he got me...I about jumped out of my frickin' skin...

Fiannacats. No, don't worry, you probably haven't heard of them if you live outside Oregon. Or maybe even Lane County. They're a local Celtic rock band that runs rings around Gaelic Storm. I say now and you can quote me, it is humanly, scientifically impossible to hold still while they're playing. They rock, they rage, they wail. They played the stage at the last outdoor Saturday Market in 2004 and turned everyone within hearing range into a dancin' fool. When they were on the stage, we vendors didn't sell a doggone thing but we didn't care, they were that good. :D

Oregon Mozart Players, for Wolfgang's 250th birthday last month. That was a night in Heaven. David Ogden Stiers — yes, Major Winchester from M*A*S*H* — guest conductor and narrator. He conducted the Overture to <i>The Marriage of Figaro</i> Towering, vital man with a powerful voice; when he first came out and started narration, his mike didn't work but his voice filled the hall anyway. How's that for projection?

Next Lauren Flanigan singing the "Regina Coeli, K. 127." She also did the Exsultate, Jubilate and when she hit the high note during the Alleluia just about everyone in the place fainted. David Krakaur on the Clarinet Concerto, and wrapping up the evening with the Jupiter Symphony and final scene from <i>The Marriage of Figaro</i> with students from the UofO music school singing the vocal parts. Best $25 I've spent in a very long time :D
ImageImageImageImage
Ink
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: A Fledgling Shovelbum - Pack Archaeologist & Cultural Anthropologist!

Post by Ink »

Billy Joel - 1 show -- AMAZING! Biggest concert I've ever been to. 20,000 people in Madison Square Garden. Best show I've ever been to as well.

Handful of Dust - 10 shows... ballpark... Then again, I know the band. I get dragged as a groupie.

Downpore - 2 shows -- would have been three but they broke up. Typical.

CellDweller - 2 shows -- Obnoxious. The guy who literally owns the band is an a**.

Mass Amount of Broadway Plays - Ahhh...!

More other crap than I care to mention.
Scott Gardener
Legendary
Legendary
Mood: Excited

Post by Scott Gardener »

Cathey and I saw Cavalia about a week ago; it's a Cirque du Soleil-styled show. Although it's not technically by them, it's directed by Dragonne, the same director of some of Cirque's best, Quidam and "O." Cavalia is unique in that it's star performers are horses.

Best live experience: Cirque du Soleil's Vegas shows. The second row center to "O" probably is top, but Ka front row is a very close second. Mystere rocked, too.

Best rock concert experience would have to be Bauhaus, their "Resurrection" tour from about eight years ago. Bauhaus is an underground king, the name familiar to Goths as arguably the founder of the Goth movement, with their song "Bela Lugosi's Dead." By the way, Bauhaus is touring again in Europe now. You can find not one but seven albums from their U.S. tour on Napster. Or, you can order the albums from Instant Live:

http://www.instantlive.com/artist.html?a=1052
Taking a Gestalt approach, since it's the "in" thing...
vrikasatma
Legendary
Legendary

Post by vrikasatma »

Ooh, Cavalia's touring again?!

I've missed that the last two times. I'm not gonna miss 'em again. Any word on when they're coming to Oregon-Washington-SFBay Area? (Yes, I'd drive as far as San Francisco to catch this if that's what it took — roadtrip with friends, even).

Cannot die without seeing Templado live...I simply CANNOT... :love:
ImageImageImageImage
hydrocarbon
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Random passerby

Post by hydrocarbon »

I've seen a fair few bands. I really don't like stadium gigs at all (can't see much, pointless) - the only one I was at was a big music festival, and most of the bands I was there for didn't play there anyway :p

Half the gigs I've seen you might not have heard of, so I'll post the more widespread ones:
- Live (with Stabbing Westward)
- Nine Inch Nails
- Big Day Out (festival - Muse, Fear Factory, lostprophets[best one EVER], Poison The Well, Thursday, The Butterfly Effect...)
- The Dillinger Escape Plan (INSANE)
- Unearth (with Norma Jean, and [ugh] Atreyu)
- Alexisonfire (seen them twice - second best band live to lostprophets, for me)

There's a lot more, but they're all scenester bands :lol: Jumping around and/or moshing is hella fun.
"Weresharks? You idiot, there's no such thing as wereshaAAAGH OHGODMYLEG!"

Morkulv
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Panzer Division Morkulv
Mood: RAR!

Post by Morkulv »

Metallica
Slipknot
KoRn

And a few old-scool hardcore bands.
Scott Gardener wrote: I'd be afraid to shift if I were to lose control. If I just looked fuggly, I'd simply be annoyed every full moon.
Short Tail
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Resident Chakat

Post by Short Tail »

Jimmy Buffet (twice)
System of a Down (freaken sweet)
Pat Greene (eh, fun but not my kind of music)
"War is over if you want it to be. Imagine all the people living life in peace." - John & Yoko