LIME WIRE IS EVIL!!!!

The place for anything at all...
Anubis
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Eletist Jerk

LIME WIRE IS EVIL!!!!

Post by Anubis »

i caution you all that have lime wire to uninstal it immedieatly!! i have a computer virus W32/Alemod.f.dll that my McAfee anti-virus can't delete clean or even quaratine!! which i gotten my self infected by what else DOWN LOADING MUSIC FROM LIME WIRE!!

Now thanks to who ever made that virus i have to back up every thing on my hard drive, then scrub it clean, COMPLETELY!!! so i may be not be on much to day maybe tomarrow taking care of this crap.

SAVE YOUR COMPUTERS!!! REMOVE LIME WIRE OR ANY FILE SHARING PROGRAMS THAT IS IN YOUR COMPUTER(S)!!! IT'S AT RISK!!!
THE GAME

My Armory
Renorei
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Renorei »

Download Avast! Home Edition. That might take care of it.
white
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Post-Humanist

Post by white »

This sort of thing is why you should:
  • Never download, let alone open anything you don't trust completely
  • Always maintain an effective multifaceted and up-to-date defense system
  • Know your system down to a low level to assist messy cleanups
  • Routinely backup imporant data - that virus may well have implanted itself in something you're going to put back on your system after the cleanup
Sanity is relative.
Searif
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Searif »

I have been using a downloading program for quite some time, never once have I gotten a virus, plus if I do then I will deal with it.
Vuldari
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Aspiring "Reverse" Kitsune

Post by Vuldari »

I don't think it was the LIME WIRE program that gave you the virus.

...rather...the programs security protocols were insufficient to stop the virus from leaking into one of the downloads.

Stuff like this happens all the time. Curse your bad luck...repair the damage as best you can and make sure your anti-virus software is allways up to date.

That's really all you can do. Even if you did all that, it could still be possible to get a virus from THIS website if a hacker was cruel enough to plant one here.

...such is another one of the many perils of the internet...

Allthough...frequent downloading from ANY website, (especially the unlicenced, underground network types), greatly increases ones chances of getting a virus, even if all your firewalls and virus checkers are running 100%.

...heck...you can get a virus just by being connected to the internet, without even browsing to any webpages. If you are the unlucky winner of the hacker IP-adress rulette, your computer could be randomly targeted, and implanted with a virus that transmits every bit of personal data on your PC to the sender and then wipes out your entire system when it's done (after sending itself to everyone in your e-mail contacts list first)...just for laughs.

Thanks for the warning though. I'll add LIMEWIRE as #2395794287230948 on my list of ways to get a computer virus, and think twice before using it myself.

Like Ralith said...take every precaution, and back up your important data as often as you can. ...because you never know when you might be the next unlucky one.
Morkulv
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Panzer Division Morkulv
Mood: RAR!

Post by Morkulv »

Scott Gardener wrote: I'd be afraid to shift if I were to lose control. If I just looked fuggly, I'd simply be annoyed every full moon.
Shadow Wulf
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Shadow Wulf »

Yeah, I try to download Red Faction 2 from several different files and they just so happen to all be viruses, luckily I have a Firewall in place, Pandaware Titanuim Antivirus+Antispyware 2006. :D

Edit:Im gonna try to post program in here.

And by the this is scary, my computer was typing by itself a moment ago. :?
Every government degenerates when trusted to the rulers of the people alone. The people themselves are its only safe depositories. - Thomas Jefferson
Image Image
Searif
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Searif »

Shadow Wulf wrote:Yeah, I try to download Red Faction 2 from several different files and they just so happen to all be viruses, luckily I have a Firewall in place, Pandaware Titanuim Antivirus+Antispyware 2006. :D

Edit:Im gonna try to post program in here.

And by the this is scary, my computer was typing by itself a moment ago. :?
thats why you do not download games, the only game I ever downloaded was one that is only in arcade machines, dont see how the guy got the program though

also, what was your computer typing?
Shadow Wulf
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Shadow Wulf »

Um something wierd, "the dance on stage and something something, I dont know.

The strange thing is that this sign will first appear ; and it turnbs into a letter.

This yousendit is crap, takes forever to get this file to be sent.
Every government degenerates when trusted to the rulers of the people alone. The people themselves are its only safe depositories. - Thomas Jefferson
Image Image
Searif
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Searif »

Shadow Wulf wrote:Um something wierd, "the dance on stage and something something, I dont know.

The strange thing is that this sign will first appear ; and it turnbs into a letter.

hm, either you computer is haunted or you have a hacker
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Executive Producer (Red Victoria)

Post by Figarou »

Searif wrote:
Shadow Wulf wrote:Um something wierd, "the dance on stage and something something, I dont know.

hm, either you computer is haunted or you have a hacker

Its haunted because I don't know what Shadow Wulf is trying to say. :?
silverpaw
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: I Bite, You've Been Warned ^_^

Post by silverpaw »

Yeah what?

I have never got any viruses from it.

Shadow Wulf
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Shadow Wulf »

Now I know how the hacker got accessed to my computer. My firewall was down. :D silly me.

And Figarou, mabey you should check www.yousendit.com
Image Image
Kirk Hammett
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: The Guitar Dude from Metallica

Post by Kirk Hammett »

Hmmm....any program that shares is dodgy. Im not a computer guru, lucky my brother did courses in this stuff. I back my stuff up regularly on data CDs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lots of !.
<b> Pack Drunk</b>
Image Image :beerwolf: :drunx:
"Animals were not made for humans, not anymore than black people were made for whites or women for men" -Alice Walker-
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Executive Producer (Red Victoria)

Post by Figarou »

Shadow Wulf wrote:Now I know how the hacker got accessed to my computer. My firewall was down. :D silly me.

And Figarou, mabey you should check www.yousendit.com
Ok, now I know what you're talking about.
Shadow Wulf
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Shadow Wulf »

silly fig. :wolfbird:
Image Image