Fever?

The place for anything at all...
Renorei
Legendary
Legendary

Fever?

Post by Renorei »

Ok, so I had a fever of 102.1 today and also a sore throat. I don't particularly want to go to the doctor, so do any of you have any recommendations?
Kirk Hammett
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: The Guitar Dude from Metallica

Post by Kirk Hammett »

Resting and drinking fluids. I never go to the doctors, don't trust them but if it gets terrible you should. Put on a good movie and watch that for a while. Sitting in front of the computer'll make it worse :cry:

And get better of course!!

:wolfincone:
<b> Pack Drunk</b>
Image Image :beerwolf: :drunx:
"Animals were not made for humans, not anymore than black people were made for whites or women for men" -Alice Walker-
Short Tail
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Resident Chakat

Post by Short Tail »

So will the TV. Drink lots of fluids and find some way to get a lot of vitamin C, it helps to boost the imune system. Get lots of rest and wait for Scott to give you more advice.
"War is over if you want it to be. Imagine all the people living life in peace." - John & Yoko
Anubis
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Eletist Jerk

Post by Anubis »

yeah what they said TV, drink alot of fluids, and if the fever gets too high asprin can help it go down some :) and do what scott the resedent doctor says. :D

I hope you get well soon :D
Last edited by Anubis on Tue Mar 14, 2006 10:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
THE GAME

My Armory
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Executive Producer (Red Victoria)

Re: Fever?

Post by Figarou »

Renorei wrote:Ok, so I had a fever of 102.1 today and also a sore throat. I don't particularly want to go to the doctor, so do any of you have any recommendations?
:fever:

Hmmm...... high fever. Keeping cool is one thing. But your body is fighting off some type of infection.

Your bed sheets might be wet from a lot of sweat when your fever breaks. Be prepared for that.

I know Scott is going to chime in and tell you what to do since he is a doctor.
Kirk Hammett
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: The Guitar Dude from Metallica

Post by Kirk Hammett »

Pretty lucky Scott's on the board :)

Yeah you're right the TV might make it worse, doesn't for me if I'm lying down, the computer just does because I'm right close to it and sitting up. But maybe read a book if you're bored just in case!
<b> Pack Drunk</b>
Image Image :beerwolf: :drunx:
"Animals were not made for humans, not anymore than black people were made for whites or women for men" -Alice Walker-
Short Tail
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Short Tail »

Well, I just got back from my own doctor vist and I can relay this to yall.
Things You never want to hear doctors say:
(While looking at my X-ray and my ankle) "I dont get it. How did it not break?"
Now I get to spend spring break with a walking boot on my right foot which means no driving. *sigh*
"War is over if you want it to be. Imagine all the people living life in peace." - John & Yoko
Renorei
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Renorei »

Yeah, well, my friends pressured me into going to the doctor this morning :P . I didn't much want to, but I suppose it's a good thing I did. Turns out that, not only am I positive for streph throat, I am VERY POSITIVE for streph throat. So, now I have a prescription for Amoxcillin. I suppose that, in addition to regularly taking my meds and vitamin C caplets, I'll also drink as much water as possible and sleep as much as I can. I didn't go to class at all today, but luckily I have an excuse. However, I don't know if I'm excused for tomorrow, which is frustrating, considering I don't think I'm going to feel any better. I'll also be sure to eat plenty of yogurt to combat potential yeast infections, and be sure to gargle with warm salt water regularly, among other things.
Short Tail
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Short Tail »

I would venture to bet you would be excused from school because strep is contagious.
*wrinkles nose at amoxacillin* Only medicine I am allergic to.