Reality shows must DIE!!

The place for anything at all...
Anubis
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Eletist Jerk

Reality shows must DIE!!

Post by Anubis »

I'm for one am sick of ALL hyped up reality shows. i'm sick of shows like Surivor (And its miliions of clones), Big brother, and The Real World making people fight over money, greed, and sex! it just mindless dribble dumbing down the masses. Also i'm not a big fan of the Batchular and its billions of clones! Making sexed up money horny women fight over some guy that they don't know so that they can get a million dollers or what ever.

They had their run sure in American Idol its fun to see Simon (please kill him) kowl burn some tone deaf wanna bes and it could be fun to see some guy lie about their grandma's death so they don't have to get voted out. it was fun for a while now its just reapeditive and stupid!!

what happened to games shows and stoner skateboaders doing insane life threating stunts, and make them selves look like well Jack Asses. What happened to the reality shows that are worth watching!!

Sorry i had to say something, it was driving me nuts! if you would like to read more i wrote something about this in my blog in my web site (in sig)
THE GAME

My Armory
Hamster
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Hamster »

I hate reality shows.

but I tell ya some shows I would like to see:

Can Geroge W. Bush, Dick Cheney, Sadam Hussan, Kim jong ill, Osama Bin Laden make this how there home? Find out on "The Dictator World"! Tonight, Osama finds Bush in bed with one of his many wifes!

Our top camara men goes through time and watches the life of Adolf Hitler. And just for fun, we are going to mess with him! Watch what happens tonight when we shave his mustache and put iching powder in his pants while he was sleeping just before a big speech on "Its a Nazi's life"!

A group of teens are bitten by a werewolf. Watch there last crazy and wacky couple days before they shift into lycanthropes in " The Lycanthrope"!

:jester2:
Meh Dev account: http://kileyhannan.deviantart.com/

"Life... It's drawing without an eraser..."
Kirk Hammett
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: The Guitar Dude from Metallica

Post by Kirk Hammett »

A werewolf reality show haha!!

Yeah there's always amusing yet forbidden shows that would have a huge audience.

I used to whinge and wine about Big Brother...then it got worse.

The Bachelor number trillion!

We got the POINT already!

And my only love for Survivor was the theme song. :howl:  :oo
<b> Pack Drunk</b>
Image Image :beerwolf: :drunx:
"Animals were not made for humans, not anymore than black people were made for whites or women for men" -Alice Walker-
Terastas
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Spare Pelican

Post by Terastas »

Man, it figures somebody would start a thread like this just as I'm about to mail in my audition tape. :grinp:

Although I do agree that at the very least, the majority of reality TV shows are stale, unoriginal, and that whoever is responsible for their next season should be handcuffed and spanked live on television. In fact, right now it'd be easier to list the shows that I'm not sick of.

1) Fear Factor. This is more of a game show than a reality TV show to me, so I'll let it slip.

2) Deal or No Deal. Same reason. Game shows are a classic TV genre, so if DoND needs to go, so should Family Feud, Wheel of Fortune and the Price is Right.

3) American Idol. Simon definitely needs to work on his people skills, but the contestants themselves are fun to watch; remarkable talents that still have their original pre-Hollywood personalities.

4) Last Comic Standing. Not just because it's the one I'm trying out for; because it's refreshing to see new talent on primetime TV and networking for once.

5) Extreme Makeover: Home Edition. Hopefully I don't need to explain this one. I won't watch it, but I hope they continue.

All the others -- especially all the romance and wife-swapping shows, can definitely go away. And if there's any show that needs to go away more than any other, it's definitely The Real World. If you have seen one episode of any reality show on MTV, you have seen every episode of every show on MTV; nothing but drinking, swearing and throwing up.
Morkulv
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Panzer Division Morkulv
Mood: RAR!

Post by Morkulv »

Scott Gardener wrote: I'd be afraid to shift if I were to lose control. If I just looked fuggly, I'd simply be annoyed every full moon.
Terastas
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Spare Pelican

Post by Terastas »

Hamster wrote:A group of teens are bitten by a werewolf. Watch there last crazy and wacky couple days before they shift into lycanthropes in " The Lycanthrope"!
We almost had something close to that, that being Mad Mad House on the Sci-Fi channel. The basic premesis was that the contestants would have to live with, be challenged by, and ultimately be judged by the five alts, those being a naturalist, a modern primitive, a witch, a voodoo priestes and a practicing vampire.

http://www.scifi.com/madmadhouse/

I always kinda' hoped they'd do a sequel with five different alts, one of which I was hoping would be a therian. Oh well.
Hamster
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Hamster »

Terastas wrote:
Hamster wrote:A group of teens are bitten by a werewolf. Watch there last crazy and wacky couple days before they shift into lycanthropes in " The Lycanthrope"!
We almost had something close to that, that being Mad Mad House on the Sci-Fi channel. The basic premesis was that the contestants would have to live with, be challenged by, and ultimately be judged by the five alts, those being a naturalist, a modern primitive, a witch, a voodoo priestes and a practicing vampire.

http://www.scifi.com/madmadhouse/

I always kinda' hoped they'd do a sequel with five different alts, one of which I was hoping would be a therian. Oh well.
Oh yeah, I remember that show. I admit watching it just because I watch the Sci-fi channel. :cry:
Meh Dev account: http://kileyhannan.deviantart.com/

"Life... It's drawing without an eraser..."
Fenrir
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Fenrir »

OMG SPEAKING OF SCIFI CHANNEL IN BSG GAIOUS BALTAR GOT ELECTED PRESIDENT AND THEY INVADED THAT ROCK AND THEY GOT INVADED AND A CLIFF HANGER FOR 7 MONTHS OMFG WTF!!!!!!

sorry need to get my anger out
Scott Gardener
Legendary
Legendary
Mood: Excited

Post by Scott Gardener »

Yeah, I voted for Baltar. [spoiler]He was pro-choice (oops, can of worms warning--let's change the subject!), and[/spoiler] we can't just keep cruising the galaxy. I mean, suppose we reach Earth? Then what? I'm sure the thirteenth colonists would be very happy to have 49,000 or so people showing up, followed by an armada of Ceylons. Colonization of New Caprica was the only reasonable option!

And yes, I too get really annoyed with all the frigging "reality" shows. Calling them "reality" shows is about as logical as calling Creationism a science. Shows like "Survivor" create contrived circumstances. A reality show to me is CNN or the Weather Channel.

If you're going to create a setup and call it reality, then my idea of a good reality show is Queer Eye for the Straight Guy or Mythbusters, or best of all, Extreme Makeover: Home Edition. Rather than wasting a million bucks convincing people to backstab each other, why not instead take some poor, starving family at wits end and build them a house, and throw in some college scholarships. The world is sucky enough already; let's make it better.
Taking a Gestalt approach, since it's the "in" thing...