What type of werewolf game I would like.

What's hot, what's not. General Video Game discussion
Kzinistzerg
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Kzinistzerg »

Ralith wrote:Do I hear "Oblivion mod"?
I don't....

Lack of werewolves, remember?

so, unless you could ahve one of ye-olde force-equip wolf-clothes thigns...

unfortunately...

And, can't add new anims, and such. :cry:
Morkulv
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Panzer Division Morkulv
Mood: RAR!

Post by Morkulv »

Shadow Wulf wrote:All I need t and the theo do is spend about $200 on a new processor and more ram and I should run even Call of Duty 2. :D
Dude, buying a new processor is useless. Its even a better plan to buy a completely new computer then buying a new processor (the processor is the most expensive part of the entire computer).
Scott Gardener wrote: I'd be afraid to shift if I were to lose control. If I just looked fuggly, I'd simply be annoyed every full moon.
Shadow Wulf
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Shadow Wulf »

Morkulv wrote:
Shadow Wulf wrote:All I need t and the theo do is spend about $200 on a new processor and more ram and I should run even Call of Duty 2. :D
Dude, buying a new processor is useless. Its even a better plan to buy a completely new computer then buying a new processor (the processor is the most expensive part of the entire computer).
Now thats useless and your wrong. The video card is usually the most expensive, second why would I want to waist $900 on a computer when I can spend $200 on 2 new parts to equal to that or make it even better.
Every government degenerates when trusted to the rulers of the people alone. The people themselves are its only safe depositories. - Thomas Jefferson
Image Image
Morkulv
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Morkulv »

No its not, unless you've really been ripped off with your videocard. The processor of the computer usually costs more then the computer itself. I know its weird, but its a fact. I found out myself.
Scott Gardener wrote: I'd be afraid to shift if I were to lose control. If I just looked fuggly, I'd simply be annoyed every full moon.
Shadow Wulf
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Shadow Wulf »

An AMD 3200+ is one of the better processors out there and they only cost about $150 at the most a whole computer at the least cost $300 to $400 and its gonna have an even cheaper processor cause 1/3 of the money goes to the moniter, keyboard, speakers and mouse. The thing is if I were to buy a whole computer they almost always add cheap parts in it. I payed $400 for the computer I built, and it equivalent to that of a $800 computer.
Every government degenerates when trusted to the rulers of the people alone. The people themselves are its only safe depositories. - Thomas Jefferson
Image Image
Morkulv
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Morkulv »

http://media.putfile.com/lachjekrom_com_cpucooler

Its just a example, but still. I don't know many people who remove they'r cooler during play-session, but it does let me choose Intel over AMD...

Keyboard and monitor doesn't cost crap. I've got 4 keyboards over here, just for example. If I want to, I could get 4 monitors as well (not flatscreen ofcourse).
Shadow Wulf
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Shadow Wulf »

Ok, mabey you dont get what Im saying which is why you dont ahve a very good computer. I already have a montier, keyboard, mouse, case, hard drive, a good video card, and motherboard. All I need is to upgrade my Processor and and ram which is only gonna cost me like $200-$250. With the processor that I want and the ram that I want, a whole computer with that would cost me an extra of $500, likely. I know what Im doing, I know alot about computer parts and thier prices, and I save alot of money on buying parts seperate than to buy a whole new computer with junk that I dont need. Use common sense Morkulv. :roll:
Image Image
Aki
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Wolfblood

Post by Aki »

Shadowblaze wrote:
I don't....

unfortunately...

So? Mcasmod's WW mod handled it surprisingly well, before Bloodmoon came out. The systems were pretty damn similar. Due to devs, well, being Devs, their system, being hardcoded, ran smoother. But still..

Mcasmod did it once, and now, with experience under their belt, they'll do even better. :P
white
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Post-Humanist

Post by white »

Aki wrote:
Shadowblaze wrote:
I don't....

unfortunately...

So? Mcasmod's WW mod handled it surprisingly well, before Bloodmoon came out. The systems were pretty damn similar. Due to devs, well, being Devs, their system, being hardcoded, ran smoother. But still..

Mcasmod did it once, and now, with experience under their belt, they'll do even better. :P
My thoughts exactly
Sanity is relative.
Morkulv
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Morkulv »

Aki wrote:
Shadowblaze wrote:
I don't....

unfortunately...

Minimum System Requirements:

* Windows XP
* 512MB System RAM
* 2 Ghz Intel Pentium 4 or equivalent processor
* 128MB Direct3D compatible video card
* and DirectX 9.0 compatible driver;
* 8x DVD-ROM drive
* 4.6 GB free hard disk space
* DirectX 9.0c (included)
* DirectX 8.1 compatible sound card
* Keyboard, Mouse
Morkulv
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Morkulv »

white
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Post-Humanist

Post by white »

Sanity is relative.
Morkulv
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Morkulv »

Specs for Oblivion.

R-E-A-D.
Machine-Whisperer
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: At an Observational status

Post by Machine-Whisperer »

Da... Would lag on anything Other than a cutting edge PC I presume.
Bah... Stupid Case sensitive Email. Lets try this again !
Morkulv
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Morkulv »

Well, my PC has double the specs of Morrowind (except for the RAM) and it lagged like s***. I tried it on the computer of a friend (who has a better PC then me) and it also lagged. So yes, if this is the same thing as Oblivion, you do need a NASA-computer to run it.
Shadow Wulf
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Shadow Wulf »

You do realize that says the minimum requirements for oblivion, right? Thats barely enough to run the game on low, you want three times that much, and you want more than gig of ram which Ill be getting soon.
Image Image
Morkulv
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Morkulv »

Yes, I am aware of that Shadow Wulf.
Shadow Wulf
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Shadow Wulf »

oh ok, I was worried thier. :)
Image Image
Morkulv
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Morkulv »

I'm maybe Dutch, but I can still think a little bit. :|
Xaltar
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Xaltar »

Take a look at the quake 2 evolved engine. Its open source and modders have added all the bells an whistles of modern game engines to it. I was blown away by the graphic detail it can handle now. Its free to download and all the source code is freely available. It would be a great basis for a werewolf game. I am currently working on a TC (total conversion) for vampire the masquerade: Redemption. Click the pic in my sig for more info if you like. But I am considering a Werewold game for my next project and that was the engine I was looking at ;)
Morkulv
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Morkulv »

That new Quake 2-engine really is beautiful. And the specs are reasonable! I would love to see old Q2-powered games running on the modern version of Q2-engine.
Xaltar
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Xaltar »

Well, I will only be working on my next mod once this one is done (probably end of next year). By then I am sure there will be a lot more functionality in the engine. It seems to be getting better every day.
wolfman1991
Legendary
Legendary

Post by wolfman1991 »

For me I've used my HIGH ammount of spare time to think up a really nice concept for a werewolf game. your a regular teen living out your life...you got ur problems but so far life has been pretty good to you until one day you here screams from your parents /sibling's room. You run to each room and they are gone! So your like ?? you look around their rooms looking for some kind of clue and find this wierd device on the floor of your parents room. Your like "ok........what the hell is this thing" and u press a button on it and a portal pops up in front of you. The portal sucks you in and you find yourself in a different demension bent on the destruction of your demention. The demention is filled to the brim with hellish creatures and humans which have been experimented on for the other dementions own use for the destruction of your demension. What the hell is a teen boy going to do? Well....the device he found does more than create a portal to the demension and back...it can change him into a werewolf or wolf at will! With his newfound powers he must make his way through the other demension in search of his family and a way to stop the destruction of the world he holds dear.
Pretty sweet huh?
I also got ideas for weapons,enemies,bosses, ect. Im working on the storyline at the moment. Theres gonna b tons of action...of course, yet some loving in there too. As in...he finds a girl who escaped from the experimentations and while protecting her falls in love with her ect ect. My friends really like the concept so im really going to expand on it :D
I feel a wolf...a wolf growing inside me....getting stronger day by day.
Fang
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Fang »

I've got one for an open ended RP set in a modern setting.
Dulce et decorum est pro patria mori :P