Werewolf Game (Variation 1) - Round A

Here you will find forum type games to play.
Vilkacis
Legendary
Legendary

Werewolf Game (Variation 1) - Round A

Post by Vilkacis »

I'm trying for a variation this time around. If you're interested, sign up. If I don't see enough interest in, say, two or three weeks, I'll drop it and start a regular game. That is, so long as someone else hasn't already started one.

If you have any questions or need any clarification, now's the time.

------------------------------------------------

Participants:

The game will not even begin unless there are at least 10 participants. Preferably at least a few more.

One participant will be randomly chosen as the first werewolf (others may eventually become werewolves).

The host (me).

Important to Note:

Please do not ask to join unless you are prepared to be active on a daily basis. By active I simply mean that you should check on the game and participate in the voting. In return, I will send out PMs to the participants one week before the game starts so that no one misses out.

This game will take a good while to complete. I will be giving a lot of time for conversation.

Why? Because that will be the only way you have of determining who the werewolves are. No clues.

Werewolves:

We start with one werewolf. Maybe that's all we have the entire game. Maybe not, because werewolves may now, instead of making a kill, choose a villager to convert into a fellow werewolf, if they wish.

As far as game mechanics go, the oldest living werewolf is the Pack Leader and is responsible for PMing me the Pack's decision (who to kill or convert). The Pack Leader has the ultimate veto. The decision is his, in the end. (A Pack Leader that is disliked by his Packmates, however, may find himself on the wrong end of some DAY-time votes.)

Every werewolf will know who the current Pack Leader is. The Pack Leader will know who each werewolf is. Anything beyond that is between the werewolves themselves.

Villagers:

During the DAY-time, each player will hold discussions and then eventually make their votes. Voting will take the form of a list of all living players, ordered by how strongly you believe each person is a werewolf. The person you think most likely to be a werewolf should be at the top, and the least likely should be at the bottom.

Villagers may also talk during the NIGHT, but should not vote at that time.

Vote Resolution:

The basic idea is that the villagers have a way of testing whether or not someone is a werewolf. The villagers may perform this test as many times as they wish, until the test comes up Innocent. The testing then immediately stops and the NIGHT phase begins. Werewolves that come up Guilty are eliminated. The Innocent survive.

In other words, if the villagers ever figure out exactly who the werewolves are, it's possible to get rid of them all at once, so long as there are more villagers than werewolves.

Once there are more werewolves than villagers, though, they can dominate the DAY-time votes and will almost surely win.

You probably don't need to know too much about the details, but this is how I'll be determining who will be Tried by your votes:

I will first take the vote-lists and put them in the order that they were given.

Then, starting from the first, I will go down the list tallying up the first-level votes (then second, then third) until I reach the first person that has a majority of votes (that is, if there are 10 players, the first to reach 6 tally marks undergoes the Trial). If it is not a werewolf, I will stop and post the results of the voting. If it is a werewolf, I will remove his votes from the list and continue the process where I left off until I reach the next one to be Tested, and so forth.

Game:

The game starts off in the NIGHT phase. Every NIGHT-time phase, the Pack Leader will PM me with instructions on who to kill or convert. If someone is killed, I will post the results. Otherwise, I will simply state that no one was killed in the night. The werewolves will have one week to discuss things before I require an answer. If the Pack Leader sends me this PM before the end of the period, I will assume discussion is done and move on to the DAY-time phase.

Special case for the start of the game: If the werewolf fails to respond before the day that the game begins, a new werewolf will be chosen. All the werewolf has to do is let me know he's there, and I will then give him the full period of time. This is to ensure a smooth game and that people actually respond to the PMs with their kill orders.

It is then the DAY phase. During the DAY-time phase, all players are to vote as outlined above -- based on anything they want. The voting deadline will be one week after the DAY-time phase begins. Meaning that, from the moment the game turns to DAY, you have one week for discussion and the casting of votes. This deadline will be strongly enforced and no late votes will be accepted.

Zombies:

Once you're dead, you're dead. You are now a non-player. Kindly do not try to affect the game if you are not playing.

Winning:

If all werewolves are killed the surving town members win. They can achieve this by successfully figuring out who the werewolves are.

The werewolves will win if they kill enough villagers so that the numbers are even. At that point they can dominate the DAY-time votes and guide the game to a favorable conclusion. They can achieve this killing or converting enough villagers without revealing themselves.

------------------------------------------------

Participants:
1. Heart of the Pack
2. Moon Daughter
3. Lone Wolf

-- Vilkacis
Last edited by Vilkacis on Mon Mar 20, 2006 11:00 am, edited 3 times in total.
Hearth
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Hearth »

I'll join.
Moon Daughter
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Door to Darkness

Post by Moon Daughter »

I'm in for another round. This version sounds sort of complicated...but very interesting as well... hwlwnk
"He who make a beast of himself gets rid of the pains of being a man." -Dr. Johnson
Vilkacis
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Vilkacis »

I'm not seeing much interest. I'll let this go on for a couple more weeks to see what happens, but in the meantime, I've started a regular game.

-- Vilkacis
Lone_Wolf
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Lone_Wolf »

I'm interested.