Mess?

This is the place for discussion and voting on various aspects of werewolf life, social ideas, physical appearance, etc. Also a place to vote on how a werewolf should look.
Silverclaw
Mood: Meh...

Mess?

Post by Silverclaw »

Saw a similar topic like this in thewerewolfcafe. So, after transforming, would the werewolf leave any kind of mess behind? Like, big clumps of fur on the ground? :? ewww :lol:
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Executive Producer (Red Victoria)

Re: Mess?

Post by Figarou »

Silverclaw wrote:Saw a similar topic like this in thewerewolfcafe. So, after transforming, would the werewolf leave any kind of mess behind? Like, big clumps of fur on the ground? :? ewww :lol:

*Hands Silverclaw a broom and dust pan*

"Clean up this mess!!"

:lol:
Silverclaw
Mood: Meh...

Post by Silverclaw »

Awww, I dont want to! :( I was gonna shift right back anyways
Bete
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Bete »

I would have to say "no mess."
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Figarou »

Bete wrote:I would have to say "no mess."
Unless its ripping through the clothes. You'll have shreads of cloth on the ground. Just remember not to wear briefs. Can't rip through something that stretches.

:D
Terastas
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Spare Pelican

Post by Terastas »

It's possible they could shed while in werewolf form, but I don't think they would shift back to a furless state by letting their fur fall out.
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Figarou »

Terastas wrote:It's possible they could shed while in werewolf form, but I don't think they would shift back to a furless state by letting their fur fall out.

Hmmmmm...

When the werewolf shifts during the winter months, will it have extra fur? And during the summer months, will it have less fur after the shift?
Bete
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Bete »

Figarou wrote:
Bete wrote:I would have to say "no mess."
Unless its ripping through the clothes. You'll have shreads of cloth on the ground. Just remember not to wear briefs. Can't rip through something that stretches.

:D
Ha, ha, yeah, and a bit of fur because wolves do shed a bit. When I think of "mess" (from the original question here), I think of that goofy transformation scene from "The Howling 4: Original Nightmare" where the werewolf form emerges from some slime pool formed by the human melting (it looked like melted wax in the movie). Now that's a mess, and not a mess that anyone would want to clean up (luckily it happened outside in the movie, ha, ha).
Last edited by Bete on Wed Mar 23, 2005 5:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Howling Fan
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Howling Fan »

I actually wrote a short story that described the "mess" of a TF aftermath: there were shreds of clothes, traces of blood from the gums and cuticles, broken human nails when the claws burst through, and stray hairs, both human and wolf, from the growth.
SnowWalker
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Suck it up, cupcake

Post by SnowWalker »

I must admit that when I saw the title of this thread, that I thought of a completely different type of "mess" :lol:

imagine my happiness when that was not the case at all!

~Snowy
CrewWolf
Legendary
Legendary

Post by CrewWolf »

Housetraining a werewolf would certainly be very interesting. "No changing on the new carpet, ya hear? Ugh! No doing that either!"
ChaosWolf
Legendary
Legendary

Post by ChaosWolf »

CrewWolf wrote:Housetraining a werewolf would certainly be very interesting. "No changing on the new carpet, ya hear? Ugh! No doing that either!"
That reminds me about a were-beagle I read about in a sci-fi-humor novel (he wasn't the main character, BTW).

When he changed from human to beagle... well, a beagle has a much smaller digestive system than a human, so...

Let's just say it wasn't hard finding the spots where he'd transformed.
My Werewolf Code!:
WWC1.0 SSHb LNAn SPDbsh SILt WTRn GDRs UNQd EATafvy SGNepcy SPKw STCb WLL+ HRT++ DLY+++++ STY+++++ INT0 RGN+ JMP+ STR+ BIG+ COL++ AGE+ CMN- AGL+ IRT+ EYE+ FUR+
ChaosWolf
Legendary
Legendary

Post by ChaosWolf »

Howling Fan wrote:I actually wrote a short story that described the "mess" of a TF aftermath: there were shreds of clothes, traces of blood from the gums and cuticles, broken human nails when the claws burst through, and stray hairs, both human and wolf, from the growth.
That's exactly the sort of debris I'd expect to find, to be honest. It'd be a bit unusual to find no traces at all, really. That sort of extraneous material being left behind makes perfect sense.
My Werewolf Code!:
WWC1.0 SSHb LNAn SPDbsh SILt WTRn GDRs UNQd EATafvy SGNepcy SPKw STCb WLL+ HRT++ DLY+++++ STY+++++ INT0 RGN+ JMP+ STR+ BIG+ COL++ AGE+ CMN- AGL+ IRT+ EYE+ FUR+
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Figarou »

CrewWolf wrote:Housetraining a werewolf would certainly be very interesting. "No changing on the new carpet, ya hear? Ugh! No doing that either!"
*starts to lift leg then stops*

"No doing what?"

:lol:
Silverfang
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Silverfang »

:P Dude.... use a hydrant :lol:
*When you're down... howl*
Scott Gardener
Legendary
Legendary
Mood: Excited

Forget silver bullets; Dubble Bubble is the real way to kill

Post by Scott Gardener »

This has been a sticky area for my own physiologic ponderings. Re-absorbing hair would involve part of inventing something in werewolves that neither wolves nor humans have. The alternative is shedding human hair and wolf fur with every shift, which could quickly add up to lost mass.

But, re-absorbed hair or fur would introduce contaminants. Imagine getting sprayed with a skin irritant while in wolf form. Sure, the fur protects you, but as soon as you shift back, you take all that stuff underneath. Or, more simply, suppose you get gum in your fur. You'd upon shifting back probably get the fur ripped out rather than re-absorbing the wad.

In any event, perms, painted nails, makeup--it would all get lost with one shift.
Taking a Gestalt approach, since it's the "in" thing...
Rodentia
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Rodentia »

I agree about the nails, hair and such mess...people shed cells of various sorts on a regular basis, as do animals..it stands to reason that shifting from one to the other would force the issue and cause it to happen at an accelerated rate.
To Sleep..Perchance To Scream
Kwipper
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Werebear Extroidnare
Mood: Happy

Post by Kwipper »

Not to mention, a werewolf shifting in the wrong place could provide for some interesting situations for scientists who happen to come across a patch of fur on the ground. Hmmm can anyone say "something wicked created from DNA strands found on werewolf fur?"
Apokryltaros
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Imperial Weirdo And Insect Expert

Post by Apokryltaros »

Hair has no DNA, it's extremely difficult to extract DNA from the follicle, if you're lucky to find a hair with a follicle still attached, and shed fur does not have follicles.
"I was all of history's great acting robots: Acting Unit 0.8, Thespo-mat, David Duchovny!"
-Calculon
Howling Fan
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Howling Fan »

Don't tell Steven Spielberg and the producers of "A.I." At the end of the movie, there is a clone made of the robot's mother by using a strand of hair he plucked out years ago.
Kzinistzerg
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Kzinistzerg »

I figure you'd have shed fur, but not alot.if you had contaminants o nthe fur i think you would end up with them on the skin, not inside, if the fur simply shrank back.
Set
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Devil in disguise

Post by Set »

Howling Fan wrote:Don't tell Steven Spielberg and the producers of "A.I." At the end of the movie, there is a clone made of the robot's mother by using a strand of hair he plucked out years ago.
It wasn't a single strand, and he didn't pluck it out. He'd cut a lock off of her hair because the other kid told him to. (Can you tell I'm picky about details?)

I'm really not sure about the whole leftovers thing. I personally am used to werewolves that don't leave behind fur and things because they shifted. The very subject makes me think of the Van Hellsing werewolves and how they transformed.
ChaosWolf
Legendary
Legendary

Post by ChaosWolf »

Reilune wrote:
Howling Fan wrote:Don't tell Steven Spielberg and the producers of "A.I." At the end of the movie, there is a clone made of the robot's mother by using a strand of hair he plucked out years ago.
It wasn't a single strand, and he didn't pluck it out. He'd cut a lock off of her hair because the other kid told him to. (Can you tell I'm picky about details?)

I'm really not sure about the whole leftovers thing. I personally am used to werewolves that don't leave behind fur and things because they shifted. The very subject makes me think of the Van Hellsing werewolves and how they transformed.
I finally got around to seeing that movie the other day, actually.

From what I saw, the shedded fur/skin/etc. seemed to just vanish into midair before hitting the ground, like it just melted or something.
My Werewolf Code!:
Scott Gardener
Legendary
Legendary
Mood: Excited

Transform and roll out!

Post by Scott Gardener »

Chaoswolf:
From what I saw, the shedded fur/skin/etc. seemed to just vanish into midair before hitting the ground, like it just melted or something.
It followed Optimus Prime's trailer to whereever that goo in Howling IV went.

Howling fan:
Don't tell Steven Spielberg and the producers of "A.I." At the end of the movie, there is a clone made of the robot's mother by using a strand of hair
This is actually a very common problem. Hollywood doesn't study science. They routinely show people being cloned from hair. They also tend to show the DNA double helix a lot, like there's something special about one particular base pair or small group of base pairs, when they only come in four types, and it takes hundreds or even thousands to make one gene. I've seen a small coil of DNA or even a base pair described as if it were a whole chromosome. Mission to Mars: beautiful movie, but scientifically you can hear little voices, chanting "Satan calls you."
Taking a Gestalt approach, since it's the "in" thing...
Apokryltaros
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Imperial Weirdo And Insect Expert

Re: Transform and roll out!

Post by Apokryltaros »

Scott Gardener wrote:
Howling fan wrote:Don't tell Steven Spielberg and the producers of "A.I." At the end of the movie, there is a clone made of the robot's mother by using a strand of hair
This is actually a very common problem. Hollywood doesn't study science. They routinely show people being cloned from hair. They also tend to show the DNA double helix a lot, like there's something special about one particular base pair or small group of base pairs, when they only come in four types, and it takes hundreds or even thousands to make one gene. I've seen a small coil of DNA or even a base pair described as if it were a whole chromosome. Mission to Mars: beautiful movie, but scientifically you can hear little voices, chanting "Satan calls you."
Thank you, my spiritual brother across the sea.
"I was all of history's great acting robots: Acting Unit 0.8, Thespo-mat, David Duchovny!"
-Calculon