Strict message boards

The place for anything at all...
Set
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Devil in disguise

Strict message boards

Post by Set »

This isn't so much a place to whine about them as it is a question. (But really...you can complain a bit, just don't go overboard.) What's the strictest message board you've ever been a member of?

I have to say Furtopia. They've only gotten more so since I left. And what's with the asking for a password to change screen names? They didn't do that before.
Hamster
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Hamster »

Yeah, Furtopia is a bit strict. I get slaps on the wrists weekly with my language there but thats about all I care to complain about. It would seem I'm the resident "potty mouth" by saying words like a$$ and damn from time to time. I can't even do this write "****" to censor my own words! :roll:

*edit*

correct spelling.
Meh Dev account: http://kileyhannan.deviantart.com/

"Life... It's drawing without an eraser..."
Anubis
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Eletist Jerk

Post by Anubis »

The Ogame message boards!!! i freaken hate those mods, i only posted one message then Boom! every mod in the place gets after me, why? because i put the word a** in my post. and after i skimmed through the threads it seems that the mods seemed to be a bunch of a** holes to every body. i give you the nazis of the internet!!! man after that i wanted strangle last and every one of them. man i still want to kick their asses. :x before i left that site for good i give the place my web site's "the most uptight forum" award for a little pay back :evil:

i love the Pack forums it's laid back and fun. it's my online home away from home :D
THE GAME

My Armory
Kzinistzerg
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Kzinistzerg »

Gamingsource.net.

They are very strict there.

However, they do it RIGHT! it's a great community!
Renorei
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Renorei »

The Larkinor forum of flyordie.com. The game itself is actually really cool, but the forums (and the chat room) are ridiculously strict, in terms of word filters and everything else. Heh, I once typed the word 'jerk' and it got censored.

Also, I started a thread about a controversial political issue, and suddenly a bunch of mods showed up and encouraged everyone not to reply to it...too controversial. Pffft.
Terastas
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Spare Pelican

Post by Terastas »

Hamster wrote:Yeah, Furtopia is a bit strict. I get slaps on the wrists weekly with my language there but thats about all I care to complain about. It would seem I'm the resident "potty mouth" by saying words like a$$ and damn from time to time. I can't even do this write "****" to censor my own words! :roll:

*edit*

correct spelling.
I'm bothered less by the censorship than by what's censored. People frequently get away with "dumbass" and "biatch," but I've been repremanded more than once for referencing websites (not advertising, just referencing). Hamster and I had a subtitles thread going on Furtopia too, for example, and though they took my "get in the car, dumbass" video and all the raunchy videos, they edited out a link I posted to the subtitles thread on this forum, which I only posted to explain why "farted and blamed a gispy lady" clip was "the one nobody's tried yet."
Razo wolf
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Online sometimes...

Post by Razo wolf »

werewolf.com great forum but my first post wus deleted for this reason

Post not original enough
:roll:
Shift_
Morkulv
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Panzer Division Morkulv
Mood: RAR!

Post by Morkulv »

Werewolf.com indeed. Topics made by people who believe that there is a possibillity that werewolves can excist are deleted immediately. :?

Geez... Can't people have a different opinion? Pffff...

Also, Metal-archives.com forum is a bit strict. You can't have avatars nor signatures, and I noticed that if a moderator is in a bad mood your post(s)/topic(s) are deleted in an instant.
Scott Gardener wrote: I'd be afraid to shift if I were to lose control. If I just looked fuggly, I'd simply be annoyed every full moon.
Morkulv
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Panzer Division Morkulv
Mood: RAR!

Post by Morkulv »

Anubis wrote:The Ogame message boards!!! i freaken hate those mods, i only posted one message then Boom! every mod in the place gets after me, why? because i put the word a** in my post. and after i skimmed through the threads it seems that the mods seemed to be a bunch of a** holes to every body. i give you the nazis of the internet!!! man after that i wanted strangle last and every one of them. man i still want to kick their asses. :x before i left that site for good i give the place my web site's "the most uptight forum" award for a little pay back :evil:

i love the Pack forums it's laid back and fun. it's my online home away from home :D
Indeed OGame, and all other game-forums from those creators.
Scott Gardener wrote: I'd be afraid to shift if I were to lose control. If I just looked fuggly, I'd simply be annoyed every full moon.
Shadow Wulf
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Shadow Wulf »

www.facepunchstudios.com

If you misspell too much youll get temporarily banned. If you post something in the wrong subject, youll get banned. If you so much as to complain about the mods being too strict, youll get perminant banned. :P
Every government degenerates when trusted to the rulers of the people alone. The people themselves are its only safe depositories. - Thomas Jefferson
Image Image
Anubis
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Eletist Jerk

Post by Anubis »

Damn, what's with those mods huh? That's proof that some people go mad with power, and turn into damn Nazis! People like that suck the fun right out of the forum. I tell ya that some people need a good hard kick in the a** and a harsh REALITY CHECK!! They need to relise that they make what kind of spirit the forum has. They make the forum fun to be on or not. Also they need to realise that people can look after them selves, and constant micro managing of posts and threads and strict rules are not needed. like take a look at our humble message board the mods here are laid back and only get after some one when some body made an inapperoiate thread or broke one of the few but simple rules like no adưlt cοntent. And only ban some body for extreme sircome stances, and still it's a good, fun, clean place to hang out.

But thankfuly our mods are laid back and fun. And let us get away with stuff as long its friendly, apperopiate and non flame. I thank them for that.

LETS HERE IT FOR OUR MODS!! :D :howl:  :oo :howl:  :oo :howl:  :oo :howl:  :oo :howl:  :oo :howl:  :oo
THE GAME

My Armory
forsaken_wolf
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Present of Darkness

Post by forsaken_wolf »

Doesn't it piss the hell outta ya well probably for all it does, just one and ONLY ONE simple word BOOM this and that happens to you and all that crap lol
"lolis"