Could a Werecreature survive with only a Gestalt form?

This is the place for discussion and voting on various aspects of werewolf life, social ideas, physical appearance, etc. Also a place to vote on how a werewolf should look.

Gestalt only Werewolf live in society today?

yes
18%
no
33%
2 - Doesn’t really care either way
48%

Total votes: 33

bloodwolf_345
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Polywere Supreme

Could a Werecreature survive with only a Gestalt form?

Post by bloodwolf_345 »

A Werewolf, or similar kind of creature is born into the world. Said werecreature only has a Gestalt form. Both parents can shift, but child can't. Could that person survive in Society today, or would racism, fear, or any other factors prevent that person from leading a normal life. I.E. School, holding a job, social life, etc.
A fractured psyche is not always a bad thing. In the world of Werewolves and Otherkin, many can exist in one host very peacefully. I am a great example of that. I have 6 different Fursonas
Aki
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Wolfblood

Post by Aki »

Well, if no one knew of the existance of Werewolves, I think they would be quite screwed. They'd end up having to stay inside all the time, and pretty much be nonexistant as far as the rest of the world is concerned.

Because, well, people don't react to things that resemble large animals too well. Esspecially large animals with big fangs and claws. So he might end up scarng the crap out of anyone he met, get in news all the time, etc.

Not to mention risk the whole secret of WW's existance, as you know doctors are going to want to check this guy out.

In a world where people know of the existance of werewolves, however, and they're integrated into society, he might be able to hold a normal-ish life, but might get hassled by others for his inabilities, and have difficulties in places where gestalt form is unviable, or simply hard to use (Like driving a car might be troublesome, he might need specialized equipment to compensate for things any other WW could deal with by taking on human form...)
Renorei
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Renorei »

Aki pretty much covered everything.

Another important thing to mention is that the family of said werecreature could simply by a large, private ranch out in the country. The kid could grow up and never be bothered by society. He could still encounter other werewolves, since they would understand what was going on, so he would at least have social skills.
vrikasatma
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Sometimes, ya just gotta say ... BLEEEE!!
Additional Details: Digg: Gemfinder
Dragon Cave: http://dragcave.net/user/Xocowolf
Twitter: @Xocowolf
Mood: Busy

Post by vrikasatma »

Are you kidding? If you're over Size 6 you get fatty-bashed, the sociopaths would be fighting each other for a chance to make a gestalt werewolf's life a living Hell. There ain't an anti-bully, political correctness axiom or equal opportunity law on the planet that would cut that kid an inch of slack. The kindest anyone would be to that kid would be to say "Sorry, good luck" (translation: "You suck, go away").

Edit after reading the thread: This applies to human society. Forget about integrating, it just wouldn't happen. But on a large ranch...with other werewolves...yyyyyyeah, I guess so. But the kid's situation would be only marginally better than Quasimodo's.

Driving: I used to know a guy who weighed 710 pounds. He was able to buy and drive a minivan that fit him well enough but he had to upgrade the suspension and driver's side seatbelt.
ImageImageImageImage
ChaosWolf
Legendary
Legendary

Post by ChaosWolf »

vrikasatma wrote: Driving: I used to know a guy who weighed 710 pounds. He was able to buy and drive a minivan that fit him well enough but he had to upgrade the suspension and driver's side seatbelt.
710 pounds?

Sweet mother Moon... how the hell could he MOVE, let alone DRIVE? The guy's a full extra person's worth of weight over a quarter-ton! There are whole CARS that weigh that much!
My Werewolf Code!:
WWC1.0 SSHb LNAn SPDbsh SILt WTRn GDRs UNQd EATafvy SGNepcy SPKw STCb WLL+ HRT++ DLY+++++ STY+++++ INT0 RGN+ JMP+ STR+ BIG+ COL++ AGE+ CMN- AGL+ IRT+ EYE+ FUR+
CanisLupus
Pack Leader
Pack Leader
Custom Title: it's so cute... AAAHHHHHHH!!!

Post by CanisLupus »

Hey, what about a weelchair werewolf making a institute for werewolfes. They even coud learn how to use their powers to make good for people =P

why are you looking me at this? it's just a seggestion! will you burn me just because this? hey, move away this torch! you may hurt someone with that...
huh?
Scott Gardener
Legendary
Legendary
Mood: Excited

Post by Scott Gardener »

I think a hybrid human/animal would have bigger problems than kids picking on one in school. Simply being in public would create a huge international media circus. There'd be a huge debate about fundamental rights and the definition of "person" versus "human," as well as a lot of political noise. The scientific community probably would be more friend than enemy; it's governments that would be the problem.

I don't expect the secret labs and torture experiments to come up if one showed up in public, first.
Taking a Gestalt approach, since it's the "in" thing...
vrikasatma
Legendary
Legendary

Post by vrikasatma »

What's a career politician than a schoolyard bully who got bigger? (Or maybe his victim, with a "something to prove" complex)
ImageImageImageImage
vrikasatma
Legendary
Legendary

Post by vrikasatma »

ChaosWolf wrote:Sweet mother Moon... how the hell could he MOVE, let alone DRIVE?
With some difficulty...not often...and panted like crazy when he did. Always smelled bad because he couldn't wash in all the rolls, folds and crevices. That he was seriously tall (about 6'5") and big-framed contributed somewhat to the number. And yes, he very much had an attitude, at least as bad as the bullies that probably inspired him to go in that direction.

He was the one person in my acquaintance that made me think "There but for the grace of the Gods go I."
ImageImageImageImage
Timber-WoIf
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Timber-WoIf »

naa, we still have trouble with skin color. even they'd been around throughout history, they still wouldn't be socially acceptted (far from).
Deviantart? Why'd I do this?
I am relentlessly agressive

Image<--- THEY PWN U
Apokryltaros
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Imperial Weirdo And Insect Expert

Post by Apokryltaros »

Yes, I agree that it's highly unlikely that a werewolf who outs him or herself, whether by deciding to be frank with the world, or by getting stuck in gestalt form, that his life will wind up like "Teen Wolf."
That was a corny corny movie.
And a corny corny cartoon.
"I was all of history's great acting robots: Acting Unit 0.8, Thespo-mat, David Duchovny!"
-Calculon
Terastas
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Spare Pelican

Post by Terastas »

The key word is "today." In which case, the answer is no: If Americans can be worked into a frenzy over the possibility of two guys kissing, I shudder the thought of what would happen to a werewolf.
Apokryltaros
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Apokryltaros »

Terastas wrote:The key word is "today." In which case, the answer is no: If Americans can be worked into a frenzy over the possibility of two guys kissing, I shudder the thought of what would happen to a werewolf.
Two words.
"Throw rug"
"I was all of history's great acting robots: Acting Unit 0.8, Thespo-mat, David Duchovny!"
-Calculon
Kirk Hammett
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: The Guitar Dude from Metallica

Post by Kirk Hammett »

Im not sure the wolf would be bullied. Who the hell would pick on a razor sharp toothed tall creature? The guy would probably grow up to be an assassin or something. Or a well paid mercenary or thief or something. He or she was never accepted before, and will choose a job that is unacceptable too.

That is assuming they ever sent the poor kid to school which would never happen in this world. They'd end up in a lab or out on a ranch somewhere. Or shot to death.

The amount of crap in this world ... is unbelievable. I know a girl who commented on the lamest of things I did. Sure I'm not overly conventional, but it's not as if I was utterly out of this world either. She'd comment like 'Why are you eating just lettuce with nothing else on it? With no dressing or other vegetables?'

Is it a crime to like lettuce on its own? And I thought racism was utterly pathetic, and homophobia! And believe me, I get the weirdest comments for sniffing things before I eat them, or I do it out of habit. It's not even a therianthrope thing really. It's just me. It's what I do. It's not obvious, nor rude, it's hardly noticeable. I guess I am cautious. Is this a crime either?

Boy I'd hate to be a Gestalt - stuck person in any day or age. Oh perhaps in the 'cavemen' era. They wouldn't really see it as being alien.
<b> Pack Drunk</b>
Image Image :beerwolf: :drunx:
"Animals were not made for humans, not anymore than black people were made for whites or women for men" -Alice Walker-
Shadow Wulf
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Shadow Wulf »

Kirk Hammett wrote:Im not sure the wolf would be bullied. Who the hell would pick on a razor sharp toothed tall creature? The guy would probably grow up to be an assassin or something. Or a well paid mercenary or thief or something. He or she was never accepted before, and will choose a job that is unacceptable too.
Granted, but have you seen X-men the movie, the situation would be more like that, along with the question:"Are werewolves dangerous?".
Every government degenerates when trusted to the rulers of the people alone. The people themselves are its only safe depositories. - Thomas Jefferson
Image Image
Set
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Devil in disguise

Post by Set »

Shadow Wulf wrote:Granted, but have you seen X-men the movie, the situation would be more like that, along with the question:"Are werewolves dangerous?".
On the X-men note, I have two words for you: William Stryker.
mexwerewolf
Dealing with the Change
Dealing with the Change

Post by mexwerewolf »

A werewolf (Gestalt form) could not go to school. Even if this particular WW had a very good and even submissive personality (could not hurt a fly), he would not be accepted in any school as all parents would complain of such thing. And of course, this WW would have to be "humanized". This is that he wuold have to wear clothes to cover most of his body including shoes, file his fangs and claws so they don't look sharp (or even filing them to look dull) and using some cap to hide his face and muzzle.

If this happens, the tabloids and newspaper will be covering every aspect of his life. He would never have a normal life. and I am not considering the fact about all the studies and research the goverment would want to do on him.

I think his best choice would be to be homeschooled and get some kind of job that can be performed at home (over the phone or internet).

Another important aspect could be that this particular WW would consider himself human?? After all he can't shift so he has no human form to interact with them. He would consider himself a separate species, would not try to get a date or even bother to have friends?
Howling Werewolf
Renorei
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Renorei »

mexwerewolf wrote: Another important aspect could be that this particular WW would consider himself human?? After all he can't shift so he has no human form to interact with them. He would consider himself a separate species, would not try to get a date or even bother to have friends?

Well, if he was homeschooled and spent most of his time around other werewolf kids, they'd probably think he was almost normal. They'd be his friends, and if werewolves are capable of finding the gestalt form attractive, he/she might could find a girlfriend or boyfriend that way.
Fenrir
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Fenrir »

We've been waiting fifty years for aliens so why wouldn't it just be peaceful to find a terranian alien. I think it wouldn't be such a hatred deal as a suprise to humanity
"Nam Sibyllam quidem Cumis ego ipse oculis meis vidi in ampulla pendere et cul illi pueri dicerent 'Sibylla Ti cupisne' respondebat illa 'Cupio mortere'."

-Satyricon
Apokryltaros
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Apokryltaros »

Fenrir wrote:We've been waiting fifty years for aliens so why wouldn't it just be peaceful to find a terranian alien. I think it wouldn't be such a hatred deal as a suprise to humanity
I dunno.
If people can die over the spoofing of the Prophet Mohammed, I doubt that werewolves will get a warm reception from everyone.
-Calculon
Fenrir
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Fenrir »

Apokryltaros wrote:
Fenrir wrote:We've been waiting fifty years for aliens so why wouldn't it just be peaceful to find a terranian alien. I think it wouldn't be such a hatred deal as a suprise to humanity
I dunno.
If people can die over the spoofing of the Prophet Mohammed, I doubt that werewolves will get a warm reception from everyone.
Well you have to admit those places are not as civilized as some places. But i didn't say them I said we refering to Americans, and other 1st world countries
"Nam Sibyllam quidem Cumis ego ipse oculis meis vidi in ampulla pendere et cul illi pueri dicerent 'Sibylla Ti cupisne' respondebat illa 'Cupio mortere'."

-Satyricon
Lyco
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Lyco »

I don't see how i could ever bepossible for 1 Gestalt werewolf to get by in todays socity. The moment they show their face in puplic they be chased down, tranqued, neted, and shipped off to the nearest labrotory.

However if suddenly more and more of these Gestalt-only werewolves begain to appear in socity (granted, if they arn't being murderous bloodtherisy killing machines), who knows... maybe onve people begin to learn a litte more about them then perhaps they will just be seen along the same lines as some one of a diffrent race. They would obviously we watched closly and the very second they are seen as a threat the would prolly all be contained.

Then again that is giving the human race an AWFUL LOT of credit. i mean the question white socitiy asked itselfwhen they first encounted the black socity was "How can I exploit these people for my own gain?". Chances are humans would try to exploit these strange new half-humans, and if they couldn't, they'd likely just shun it away from socity. If they were dangerous, then they would simply exterminate them.
CanisLupus
Pack Leader
Pack Leader
Custom Title: it's so cute... AAAHHHHHHH!!!

Post by CanisLupus »

the instant facts we know (mass panic, a new witch hunt...). In a indetermined future, maybe they will have some stuff to deal:

optimistc (probally far future): He will have to declare on some document if he is a werewolf or not, shifting degree (if more than one)... Probally he will have to study self-control at school (if born with) and will probally be bullied by that, or make a course (if bitten). The animal control center will get more importance, and stuff like. Will be created areas for werewolves (like smoking areas) Despite all of the problems, he will have a normal life, maybe even having elastic fashion, that doesn't rip after the shifts. racism probally will exists.

pessimistc(probally near future): he will have no normal life. He will be hunted and killed like a animal. Enormous racism. Fear. Chaos. The authorities will instigate the people to hate werewolves. Old lore will be the primal law to treat with the "monsters", despite the biology studies (with involuntary helpers). Silver exporters will become rich...

and much more to go
huh?
Scott Gardener
Legendary
Legendary
Mood: Excited

The LGFF has plenty of work to do

Post by Scott Gardener »

The reception would be very mixed, I agree. But, ultimately, I think life would be very hard for a fixed-form lycanthrope. Basketball games and kid bullies could only be an issue if he or she were lucky.

I think the X-men movies are a remarkably good description of what would happen, once you get past their oddball comic book "mutant" science.

Good real-world precedents would include the historic treatment of people with unusual medical disorders. I can see in one extreme a push to convince the person to shave and undergo surgical fixes to try to wedge the being into a human shape.

And, if the werewolf's state of being could be given to others with a bite, even if the being promised not to--oh, the furor that would raise!!!
Taking a Gestalt approach, since it's the "in" thing...
bloodwolf_345
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Polywere Supreme

Post by bloodwolf_345 »

Good responses, everyone. I like the views you are giving. Some of you seem to think that because he is born with the fixed in the Gestalt form, he or she will have the mind of the beast he/she was born as. What I am saying for this topic is the Werecreature has a normal human mind, and has the same oppertunities as a normal human. Screw the legends of Werewolves. As far as the bite goes, they do not carry the Lycanthropy virus. Assume that Werecreatures have been in society and somewhat accepted. The parents themselves are Werecreatures, but because of some fluke with the genes, the child was born stuck in Gestalt form. Said Gestalt-only person has the capability of choice to be either on the side of good or be the schoolyard bully. One of you said who would mess with a razor sharp toothed creature, there would be few stupid enough to oppose him. As far as sports he/she has the natural ability of the animal he/she was born as. Aki made a point on driving, there really would not have to be any alteration to the vehicle or something the Werecreature would have to wear. Let's see what you can come up with from here.
A fractured psyche is not always a bad thing. In the world of Werewolves and Otherkin, many can exist in one host very peacefully. I am a great example of that. I have 6 different Fursonas