The place for anything at all...
Goldenwolf
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Yes, -that- Goldenwolf

Post by Goldenwolf »

Okay, so ON topic here:

The best dream I have had in a LONG time I had recently:

So I was a werewolf, but I wasn't me, Christy/Goldenwolf/whatever. I was living in a city with a few other werewolves. We were a pack, though we didn't all live together. I lived with one other werewolf, a girl, but anyway. Well on full moons is when we would be forced to shift, so during the full moons we all up and went camping out in the desert at this specific spot. When night fell and the moon would begin to rise, we would get SOOO excited. It was like waiting for a lover to arrive. The energy was intense as we all ran around in our naked, human skin, as you could feel your body get ready for the change. And then the moon would rise and the change would come over you, stong and wild, though it didn't hurt. It was just very intense. And then moonlit darkness, and the pack would prowl the desert land, exploring through the trees and wind-sculpted sandstone. There was a companionship, a connection between all of us that I SO wish was real (none of the pack members were people I knew in real life, just dream people, but it was neat). Our werewolf bodies were like the werewolf on American Werewolf in London, huge and bear like, quadrapedal most of the time, but bipedal if we needed to be. We were fierce, and beautiful, and our hearts and beings sang constantly to the moon above. In fact, the moonlight was more like sunlight. It warmed us, and pulsed through us, and energized thoroughly.

So we ran around, mostly playing with one another, until we heard a car approaching from a distance. We all hid in the shadows of the Juniper trees and watched this car approach our general area. It stopped, and we ran towards it, staying in the shadows. We watched as four men opened the back of this van and pulled out a corpse (which was spilling innards for some reason) and one of the men was bitching about this 'job' and where they were gonna bury the thing. The wave of excitement that went through the pack was tangible, for we were sworn only to hunt and kill those who did wrong. Murderers, rapists, etc. We were werewolves, but we weren't complete bastards. At that point we surrounded them, cut them off from their car and got them to run. The fierce joy of chasing down the prey together, of working as a team, and finally taking each of them down with an exilerating snap of the jaws was incredible. Yes, they had guns and were trying to use them, but to no avail. We were those kind of werewolves that only silver could hurt. Then the feasting began, and it was in typical pack style, with much snapping and growling at one another for tasty bits.

Afterwards, we groomed each other clean and howled and howled until the moon went down, and we allowed ourselves to change back into human form. The rest of the day was hot, and we spent it in our huge tent dozing half naked in the heat, randomly cuddling or touching (non-sexually, for that was not an issue) one another. One of the other males and I began to pair bond with one another, and he was beautiful. Long sandy golden brown hair, and bright light yellow-gray eyes. I remember that. I remember we were really close, and were considering being mates. Of course there was no such thing as jealousy in the pack. If pairings happened, they happened. We were all connected anyway, and it was something almost like a mental connection, or soul connection there.

The rest of the dream was just about us doing random things. At one point (don't ask) we were weregryphons, but then we returned to being werewolves. It was very strange.

This dream was very awesome, and I'm glad I had it and was able to remember it so clearly :)
Over 25% of human genes are the same as those of a banana. Get over yourself.
Silverclaw
Mood: Meh...

Post by Silverclaw »

Thats a damn cool dream Goldenwolf! 8) Wish I had dreams like that :D

Mine can be really random. My most recent werewolf related was short. I was starteing to change into a werewolf kindof. Bigger muscles and the beginings of digitgrade feet. Sadily I was not able to transform any more than that :(
Kzinistzerg
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Kzinistzerg »

That's a realu awesopme dream. i get dreams like that too, where you really want to just fall asleep again, sigh.
Aki
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Wolfblood

Post by Aki »

Reilune wrote:
Aki wrote:Damn, them Lucid dreams sound awesome... :o
They are. Except almost all of my dreams are like that. It feels weird to me when I get one with practically no detail. Heck, even in those dreams where I'm in an anime it's still like that. I wouldn't really call myself lucky though. The things they have me do hurt quite a bit. People like to throw me into volcanoes and stuff...
Meh, i wouldn't care if it hurt, just having one would be cool... :D

and thats a wicked cool dream GoldenWolf.

8)
Set
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Devil in disguise

Post by Set »

Aki wrote:Meh, i wouldn't care if it hurt, just having one would be cool...
Feh. Aki, you've obviously never pulled a two inch piece of shrapnel out of your eye and felt the warm, wet blood dripping down your hand as you clutched that eye. You haven't felt the relief that you didn't lose it completely and at the same time cursed your luck for now you have to forever live with a mangled and mutilated remnant that would make even the least queasy of people retch. You've not looked at the piece of metal, long and jagged, still covered in blood, or heard the sound it made as it hit the floor...so very loud yet almost nonexistant. You've never had the chance to feel the searing pain or to see your own blood dripping down onto the floor, staining the carpet like a crimson rain... Oh, but you would care.

I remember the dream I'd had on the night of the full moon. (Yesterday.) I was standing on the beach. It was in the middle of a hurricane, though there was no rain and the wind was blowing gently. There was this brick pillar on the shore line right at the high tide mark. At the top of it was written 100 feet in black letters. There was a pack of wolves running around the beach. We could all feel what was coming. It was a gigantic tsunami that would've reached the 100 foot mark on the pillar. There was a creature out in the water, a gigantic black furred anthro jackal. It was the god Anubis. He was wearing one of those skirt things, a gold collar and gold arm bands. The water he was standing in came up a little past his knees. The top of his head was at the 100 mark, not counting his ears. He was looking out to sea. I remember one of the wolves on the beach looking at me. It had gray fur. Then for some reason I went to the back side of this blue brick building. I remember seeing a sign there that said "A. Brownrigg presents Freeborn with special thanks to The Pack" or something like that. There was a guy standing there looking at the poster. I'd told him that I was proud to have helped with the movie. At that moment the tsunami hit, I could see the water wash up on the ground past us and then go back out. Then I woke up.
Last edited by Set on Sat Mar 26, 2005 11:32 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Kzinistzerg
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Kzinistzerg »

:lol: WHat would anubis be doing there?

he's kinda the god of jusdment, but, hey...

it just seemed odd to have an egyptian god related to all that water.[/quote]
Aki
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Aki »

Bah, don't you even have GOOD dreams? :P
Set
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Set »

Shadowblaze wrote::lol: WHat would anubis be doing there?

it just seemed odd to have an egyptian god related to all that water.
Er, it's not because of the water... It's because of me. He's my Papa. (Read my journal or something, I don't feel like explaining it.) He was there to protect me.

And yes I do get good dreams. The point was that if it did hurt you would care. *steals a duck from Figarou and throws it at Aki*
Apokryltaros
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Imperial Weirdo And Insect Expert

Post by Apokryltaros »

[/quote]
Anubis is not the Egyptian god of judgement, that would be Osiris, and or Thoth.
Anubis simply brought the souls of the dead before Osiris, for judgement.
"I was all of history's great acting robots: Acting Unit 0.8, Thespo-mat, David Duchovny!"
-Calculon
Aki
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Aki »

Reilune wrote:

Er, it's not because of the water... It's because of me. He's my Papa. (Read my journal or something, I don't feel like explaining it.) He was there to protect me.

And yes I do get good dreams. The point was that if it did hurt you would care. *steals a duck from Figarou and throws it at Aki*
*devours duck*
Meh, in the short term, yeah, but in the long, prolly not. :P

*shrug*
Besides, there ARE good dreams to balance it out.
:wink:

...one must wonder how the brain can reproduce the pain of of things you don't experiance in real life, though. That is, unless you actually lost a eye and had to pull a two inch peice of sharpnel out in real life...

Perhaps it drums up the sensation from how you might percieve it...eh.

In any case, having a Lucid dream would still be cool, even to expeirance it once, even if it was painful. Just to know what it was like, in the end, it'd be worth it.
Apokryltaros
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Imperial Weirdo And Insect Expert

Post by Apokryltaros »

When you feel pain that has no obvious cause, it could be caused by some sort of disease, or it can be caused by phantom pains, when neurons randomnly fire off (which is also the cause of "Phantom Limb Syndrome."), or by simply remembering the sensation of some specific painful event.
"I was all of history's great acting robots: Acting Unit 0.8, Thespo-mat, David Duchovny!"
-Calculon
Set
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Set »

The journal entry explaining why I call Anubis Papa can be found here: http://www.livejournal.com/users/cursed ... /6029.html
Aki wrote:...one must wonder how the brain can reproduce the pain of of things you don't experiance in real life, though. That is, unless you actually lost a eye and had to pull a two inch peice of sharpnel out in real life...
Oh no I still have both eyes. In this life anyway. I can't vouch for my others. This body may be young but my soul is not. Well if you're one of those people who believe in reincarnation at any rate. Though I don't recall ever having to do that perhaps my ability to reproduce the pain stems from an experience in a past life I can't conciously remember. Eh, I dunno.
outwarddoodles
Custom Title: I'm here! What more do you want?

Post by outwarddoodles »

I have the strangest dreams I beleive. They are always so weird and it always makes me think, THIS is my subcouncous mind?!?!

Though I ADORED last nights dreams.

I was running along a trail, this one person told me people would take old dogs or horses and let them run that trail, untill they are captured from the wild and then uncontrolably run, then they shoot the animal. The guy said they are happeit wild andthus doing this means they have a happy death. I ran the path just to see why the animals went crazy. I then spotted one of those plastic red cars litle kids use and use their feet to moe around. And I squezed in and used the car. I met some people who annoyed me put I got them all to push the car with me inside. :P

Then down the trail were 'My little Ponies' all skipping and having fun. I helped them collect flowers to unlock a secret level (like a video game) and they all danced.

I killed ALL of them.... :evil:
"We are not always what we seem, and hardly ever what we dream."
Kzinistzerg
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Kzinistzerg »

Aki
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Aki »

Interesting Dream.... 8)
Kzinistzerg
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Kzinistzerg »

:lol: it's better if you know the refrences. i think bites-her-tail might know it...
Aki
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Aki »

Well, i know the halo bits, and some mechwarrior....

:D
Set
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Set »

I had a really...interesting dream last night. I was on some planet I'd never been to before but immediately recognized. I was watching the sunrise, and once the sun was up it happened again two more times. The planet had three suns, one red, one blue, and one yellow. Needless to say it was a bit brighter than Earth. I remember seeing a view of the planet from space. The blue sun was in the background. It's rays didn't go through the atmosphere and reach the ground on their own. A dark mist, almost black, surrounded the planet and prevented the light from the blue sun going through. It was only when the other two shined on the planet that the light got through.

On the surface it was kind of like Earth. It was populated by humans mostly. And there was a race of...well I guess you could call them elves...living there too. I met one of them. He was looking for a village in the north. He had shown me a drawing and a map, I immediately knew of the place he spoke of. I'd never actually been there before but it felt like I had, most of the dream was me knowing things I couldn't have known and remembering places I've never been. We never got to the village.

The oddest thing about that dream was the planet and it's three suns. It reminds me of another dream I had a long time ago. A different planet, but one with three moons. Unlike the suns from the other one the moons were pretty much exactly alike. I was in a partially wolfen form at the time. The moons were all crescents, and they were all an equal distance apart. I was standing on the edge of a clearing. A forest was behind me. It was raining. The sky around the opening in the trees was clear, making the clouds take a crescent shape.

The form I took was mostly human. I had wolf eyes, a short muzzle, partially digitigrade feet, pads on my feet and hands, claws, a tail, and wolf ears. Only the ears and tail had fur. I had a wolf's canines. If I had smiled I would've looked like I had vampire fangs almost. The pads on my hands were a bit unusual. They looked something like this (only minus the red line): http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v211/ ... awpads.jpg
And yes that is my hand. I traced it and added in the details.
Vilkacis
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Vilkacis »

I rarely dream, or at least, I rarely remember my dreams upon waking up. So, I have very few dreams that I can actually recollect.

I can only distinctly remember one werewolf dream--I think it's from about two years ago (to tell the truth, I don't usually keep track of time well in the long-term). Some of the details are fuzzy, but I remember the basic idea.

The first thing I remember is a black, male, hybrid-form werewolf (which I associated as being myself) lying in bed. I say werewolf even though there wasn't any shapeshifting in the dream. Nevertheless, it seemed implied, as if it were something I had the ability to do. Anyway, the werewolf was considerably older than I was at the time I dreamt this. In fact, much older than I am now. As I recall him now, I would estimate his age at the late 30s to early 40s; although, I am usually a terrible judge of age. As odd as it might sound, I was experiencing the dream from two different viewpoints at the same time--both as the werewolf and outside, observing myself. Of course, at the time that didn't seem strange at all.

I could see everything clearly, although it was dark--night time. Everything in the room was at most a dark grey. I don't associate this effect with the werewolf, however. I think it was more of an aspect of the dream. Now that I think of it, the room was a rather odd shape. Like an 'L,' with the shorter end facing what I will associate with northeast and the long end facing northwest. There was a door at each end. I observed for a while and then, for whatever reason (I don't remember), I feigned sleep.

My viewpoint then switched to a female werewolf (also black) in the northeast room (which lacks detail in my mind). She/I was unfamiliar with the form, but was acting somewhat energetic. I 'pranced' (that in particular sticks out in my mind. 'Pranced' is far from the proper word to describe it, but I can't think of anything better) into the room with the bed and the 'sleeping' werewolf. I think she was unaware that he was awake, although I'm pretty sure he was aware of her the entire time. In fact, I seem to remember thinking how uncoordinated she was.

Unfortunately, the structure of the dream (in my head, as it is now) seems to more or less break down around here. I remember little bits and fragments, but I don't really remember anything clearly until we leave through the northwest door. From this point on, my viewpoint is primarily from that of the male werewolf and the everpresent observer-viewpoint.

Outside, I remember the night-sky as being dark blue / black, similar to what you would see in an area where there are not a lot of lights. There were lots of stars, but I don't remember there being a moon at all. There was a forest nearby (but I think it was a small one). And, as for the house, there were concrete steps leading up to the door.

As we exited, we nearly passed a wolf, as he was standing very close to the house, near the door. I turned to look at him and he spoke to me. Now, this was not a verbal communication, but I don't remember it being mental either. All he said was, "Beware of Yelloweyes," but I got a lot more information out of it than that.

First I remember an image of a very large pack of wolves running through some forest (I don't think it was the same forest that I mentioned before). I then got the impression that they were being controlled by someone, and that they were somehow the enemies of werewolves. I also got a lesser impression that regular wolves were not necessarily enemies. I was told that they could be distinguished by their yellow eyes. But it was not clear as to whether "Yelloweyes" from the warning was referring to them or to the one controlling them. ...Or rather, I think it applied to both, but more strongly to the one in control. I also had the feeling that his control extended to more than just one pack.

I don't remember precisely what happened next, but I do remember running off into the small forest some time before the dream came to an end.

Wow, for as long as that came out in text, it really wasn't a very long dream at all.

So... Welcome to the mind of Vilkacis. Please enjoy your stay, and don't forget to leave the place cleaner than you found it.

-- Vilkacis
Aki
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Aki »

Vilkacis wrote:I rarely dream, or at least, I rarely remember my dreams upon waking up. So, I have very few dreams that I can actually recollect.
Yup, i have that problem. Very irritating. :P

Interesting dream though. 8)
Darkmoon
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Wallcrawler

Post by Darkmoon »

Yah...I almost never dream, and when I do I don't remember the dreams, just the fact that I did dream.

But a couple months ago I had a very vivid dream that I was trapped in a cage. I guess that I had been drugged or something, because I was struggeling to pull myself up but I kept getting dizzy, so I lay back down. I had a collar around my neck and around my wrists, and I was looking at them when I heard footsteps, and got a distinct smell from the people. It was sooo weird to smell something in a dream, I didn't know that that was possible. Anyway, the first guy smelled kinda like a hospital, and the second guy smelled like...cold, like snow/winter. Then I got scared, and tried to shift (I was a werewolf, apperently) but I couldn't. In the dream I knew that it had something to do with the collar. Now I was terrified because I couldn't really move, and I couldn't shapeshift, a skill which I had had all my life. And then the people came and they saw that I was awake, which i wasn't supposed to be, and they where talking about it. And I was freaking out...then I woke up.

Ya...what a weird...scary dream...
Set
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Set »

Apparently I'm a very wolfy person. I've never realized just how many dreams have wolves and the like in them. Even if I never actually turn into a wolf or see one I run on all fours (sometimes keeping pace with a car on the highway or running on top of water, but I'm just weird like that) in human form. It's easy for me though if I tried it when I'm awake I'd just fall onto my face or something. Alot of my dreams involve the wind, the moon, silver, and other things I could connect with wolves.

I'm very good at shapeshifting. I always have been. One form that shows up alot is wolf/any mix of human and wolf. Sometimes I shift really quickly into full wolf, running and dropping down on all fours; I'm completely wolfen before my front paws hit the ground. I don't always do it that fast but I can if I need or want to. It's really cool.
Silverclaw
Mood: Meh...

Post by Silverclaw »

Last night I had a dream about Project Greenlight. But it had ABrownrigg and the cast of Freeborn. The Pack was their too. I have forgotten most of the details though :( Proably had that dream cause I watched Project Greenlight before going to bed :D
Vuldari
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Aspiring "Reverse" Kitsune

Post by Vuldari »

All this talk about lack of dreams has made me very aware of just how rare even my own dreams really are. Probobly only one out of every 45 dreams I have I will remember in any detail at all when I wake up, (the rest of which are erased completely from my memory upon waking). Of those, only a handfull I will remember a day or two later, and at the end of the year, I could count the number of truely memorable dreams I had on one hand.

It saddens me greatly that I seem to be mostly incapable of fully shapeshifting in any of my dreams. Even in the ones where I supposedly can, or try really hard to, I just can't quite pull it off. As long as I never look at my own hands, or a reflection of myself in the dream, I can walk around on all fours or flap imaginary wings and the world around me will react as if I was what I imagined myself to be, (be that a Werwolf, a Dragon or a housecat...). However, I can never feel what I imagine, I can never "morph" my head at all, and if I ever look down at my own hands and feet, or my reflection in the dream, the entire illusion is disolved, because I will allways see my normal, yellow/pink skinned, human self. If I stare at my hand or reflection and concentrate really Really hard, I can change it temporarily, but as soon as I relax my mind, I snap back to my natual perception of my "SELF". (Which is sometimes younger or older than I really am). I think this phenominon is what fully convinced me that I am NOT a Therian. Despite my fondness for other forms and animals, my HUMAN side is undeniably set and clear in my mind and soul.
Please Forgive the Occasional Outburst of my Inner Sage ... for he is Oblivious to Sarcasm, and not Easily Silenced.

=^.^'= ~
Vilkacis
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Vilkacis »

Vuldari wrote:All this talk about lack of dreams has made me very aware of just how rare even my own dreams really are. ...at the end of the year, I could count the number of truely memorable dreams I had on one hand.
All the only dreams I remember from my entire life:

When a little child:

I dreamt about a huge, black dog (four times taller than a human) chasing me and three other undetermined people (with a sidescrolling view). It was very scary at the time.

I had a short dream about a tiger (white, I believe) jumping through the window onto my bed. I woke up immediately after. The room and everything was exactly the same in the dream as it was in real life.

When young:

I drempt about standing outside, opening my arms and being lifted up by the wind, trying to fly. Controlling it was very, very difficult, and I didn't get very far off the ground (a couple feet at most). I didn't remember this dream until, on a windy day, I coincidentally found myself standing in the exact spot where I had been standing in the dream. Very odd.

Within the past few years:

The werewolf dream I mentioned above.

And then, there was this one dream... It was the most detailed dream I have ever had, but it was very, very short. I was originally dreaming about something, but I have no idea what. The first thing I remember is being in a house, looking at my watch. Now, I'll explain. I do remember that not long before having this dream, I was doing research online about Lucid dreams. Very likely, this dream was a result of that; although, I haven't been able to reproduce it. Anyway, I remember reading about clocks and such not making sense in dreams, and that that information could be used as a way to recognize that you are, in fact, in a dream. Well, when I looked at my watch, it made sense, but for whatever reason, I wasn't satisfied with that, so I 'split' my viewpoint so that I was observing the watch from... I guess... many parts of my mind, all at once. That's the only way I can really describe it. Anyway, it wasn't consistent between all of those viewpoints, so I then knew I was dreaming. Now, I know this seems circular--why would I have done that if I didn't already know that I was dreaming? It seems to me that I did know before, but I had to convince myself. However much sense that makes. That's the way I remember it. The dream was very, very detailed from that point on, although I don't remember sound or smell. But the smell, at least, could have been simply because my sense of smell in real life is very limited. The floor was a light, polished wood and the walls were white--it was a very large house, possibly infinitely so. There were staircases all over the place (most of the dream consisted of exploring up and down them). I do remember passing, at one point, another person. Even though I didn't pay much attention to them, and they didn't seem to pay attention to me, I remember being rather afraid that they would tell someone that I was there. Shortly after, I found myself climbing some stairs with a blue bike that I had obtained. I was looking for a ramp to ride it down, and, of course, I found it at the top of the stairs (to the left). I started down the ramp, but instead of going down, I (and not the bike) accelerated forward against my will (I remember struggling to control it, but it happened too quickly) right through a wall and into what I associated with my room (it wasn't exactly the same, and there was a huge black thing on the ceiling). I then immediately woke up. My entire body felt like when your leg falls asleep, except not as sharp or painful. That feeling persisted for about two or three minutes, it was really creeping me out.

Anyway, those five dreams are the only ones that I can remember; although, I do know that there are some that I have since forgotten, including a couple recurring dreams that I keep forgetting about until I have them again.

-- Vilkacis