The worst films in filmdom

Talk about movies, and whatnot, upcoming flicks, and current releases.
Vuldari
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Aspiring "Reverse" Kitsune

Post by Vuldari »

Shadowblaze wrote:ONe thing i didbnt like about teh incredibles (which i consider a good movie) was that my brother and i got to spend the entire movie picking out things they hadd ripped off of other things (or it may have been vice-versa, but i higly doubt it) which included half-life 2, star-wars, bionicle, austin powers, and other things.
It's called "Spoof". The whole film was comprised of "Spoof" humor, giving nods to many of the most memorable characters and settings in Sci-fi and Superhero history, from the Fantastic Four, to Superman, to James Bond, to Star Wars, To Austin Powers, and Beyond. It was a film about a family of people who live within the steriotypical Superhero World that was created by all of those classic franchises. The creators made no appologies for giving Violet the EXACT Powers of the "Invisible Woman" of the Fantastic Four. ...it was just funny and entertaining to see a shy, grade school girl try to live with those powers.

I don't get why so many people are mad that "The Incredibles" used so much recycled material. That was the POINT!. Watching a 10 year old "Flash" knock off play pranks on his school teachers is Funny!! Image

...oh...and I don't remember if anyone mentioned this one yet, but the film "Mortal Kombat: Annihilation" was one Grade FFF stinker...Image
Please Forgive the Occasional Outburst of my Inner Sage ... for he is Oblivious to Sarcasm, and not Easily Silenced.

=^.^'= ~
Scott Gardener
Legendary
Legendary
Mood: Excited

Destroy all expectations!

Post by Scott Gardener »

I think Mortal Kombat: Annihilation is mostly repressed memories, which occasionally surfaces in nightmarish flashbacks. Notice that it's almost universally omitted from any references about werewolves and shapeshifters--even ones that detail Teen Wolf Too--even though there was one character who turned into a wolf at one point.

The tag line for Mortal Kombat: Annihilation, appropriately enough, was "destroy all expectations." That's not unlike the pharmacy that advertised, "we dispense with accuracy."
Taking a Gestalt approach, since it's the "in" thing...
Anubis
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Eletist Jerk

Post by Anubis »

i HATE A.I. that movie just flat out sucks.
THE GAME

My Armory
Silverclaw
Mood: Meh...

Post by Silverclaw »

I LOVE A.I! :D
WereDog
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Hell-hound From outer regions of pluto

Post by WereDog »

i loved it to, i had realy low expectations after reading thousands of bad reviews.
and then i got a great little gem that doesnt follow all the lame hollywood rules.

but you were propably expecting an action movie :?
Hamster
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Hamster »

Silverclaw wrote:I LOVE A.I! :D
Me too. I cried in the end (and the part when the boysmom was going to leave him in the woods) :cry:
Meh Dev account: http://kileyhannan.deviantart.com/

"Life... It's drawing without an eraser..."
WereDog
Legendary
Legendary

Post by WereDog »

ripper, damn that movie sux
WolvenOne
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: The Right-Wing WarMongering Artsy-Fartsy Woof

Post by WolvenOne »

Okay, I should have mentioned this earlier because it would have ended all debate methinks.

House of the Dead

It appears to have gotten one of the lowest scores on Rotten Tomatoes ever. So I think it's safe to say that it's one of the worst films made in recent history, if not the worst.

Wolf Dude Nu-jutsu!
WereDog
Legendary
Legendary

Post by WereDog »

curfew, not often you get to see a movie that stupid without any comedy
Miguel
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Keep it Copacetic!
Mood: Happy

Post by Miguel »

Personally My List of worst movies is:

War of The worlds:It had great action, but the emotion and facial expression on Cruise and his child :roll: was lousy.8.3

Another one that was okay was Anacondas: They kept showing the goofy monkey and flashing between the people and the monkey. 6.1

I-robot:Was a pretty good movie. I can't think of too many bad things. 9.1

Sincerely:Miguel 8)
Silverclaw

Post by Silverclaw »

I just had to bring this old thread up again. I think I found a movie just as bad, if not worst, than Tomb of the Werewolf!
I give you, 'Alone in the Dark' :)
http://imdb.com/title/tt0369226/usercomments
Some of those reviews are priceless :lol:

Awful, awful 'movie'. Its the highest budget pure s*** movie I know of. Which just makes it worst than a bad movie made with no budget. Those people have an excuse at least. Honestly, how did this get the greenlight? How is this directer, Uwe Boll, still allowed to make 'movies'? I had no clue what was going on during most of it. I thought it would be a horror movie; but its really an action flick with no plot or characters. Its best described as fast, loud and dumb :| This is how you NOT make a movie.
Some good things...
-The alien-demon things looked ok, as well as the land they lived in.
-The part where the dead girl starts to sit up before the cut made me laugh really hard :lol: (How did they get away with that mistake?!)
-It was so bad, it was funny(when it wasnt boring the crap outtof me)

I got really depressed after watching it that they used a concept I was using in a story of mine. I mean, come on, if the Alone in the Dark cast thought of it, it must be crap. :(
Syzygy
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Wergild Collector

Post by Syzygy »

Even though I think that Monty Python's 'And Now for Something Completely Different' can be really stupid, it is so funny.

Also Shaun of the Dead, the romantic comedy. With zombies. :lol:
Eat more tobasco.
wolfenknight
Legendary
Legendary

Post by wolfenknight »

In my feeling the worst flim of the flimdom would be The 40 Year Old Virgin.
I think it is really stupid and to me some screen did not make me understand the story line.
Syzygy
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Wergild Collector

Post by Syzygy »

AAAGH! :x

Please ignore my previous post, I put it in the wrong $*%&# forum and it too late to delete it. This is what happens when you try to read too many things at once.
Eat more tobasco.
Lyco
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Lyco »

The Dungeons and Dragons movie...

... ... mother of god... ...

I went to see this movie the SECOND DAY it came out...

... me and my brother were the ONLY TWO PEOPLE in the whole threater...

... over the corce of the next forty minutes, we quickly understood why...

... the only redeeming factor was... becase we were the only people there, we could shout out at the movie's atrocity as loudly and as often as we liked...

...halfway through, me and my brother stopped watching the movie and had a heated popcorn fight...

...I constantly have to tell myself that i didn't spent 8 dollers to see that movie... i usually say, i spent 8 dollers to screw around in an empty movie theatre for about two hours...

...good times...
Morkulv
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Panzer Division Morkulv
Mood: RAR!

Post by Morkulv »

Scott Gardener wrote: I'd be afraid to shift if I were to lose control. If I just looked fuggly, I'd simply be annoyed every full moon.
Morkulv
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Panzer Division Morkulv
Mood: RAR!

Post by Morkulv »

Silverclaw wrote:I just had to bring this old thread up again. I think I found a movie just as bad, if not worst, than Tomb of the Werewolf!
I give you, 'Alone in the Dark' :)
http://imdb.com/title/tt0369226/usercomments
Some of those reviews are priceless :lol:

Awful, awful 'movie'. Its the highest budget pure S#@^ movie I know of. Which just makes it worst than a bad movie made with no budget. Those people have an excuse at least. Honestly, how did this get the greenlight? How is this directer, Uwe Boll, still allowed to make 'movies'? I had no clue what was going on during most of it. I thought it would be a horror movie; but its really an action flick with no plot or characters. Its best described as fast, loud and dumb :| This is how you NOT make a movie.
Some good things...
-The alien-demon things looked ok, as well as the land they lived in.
-The part where the dead girl starts to sit up before the cut made me laugh really hard :lol: (How did they get away with that mistake?!)
-It was so bad, it was funny(when it wasnt boring the crap outtof me)

I got really depressed after watching it that they used a concept I was using in a story of mine. I mean, come on, if the Alone in the Dark cast thought of it, it must be crap. :(
"Alone in the Theatre" :lol:
Scott Gardener wrote: I'd be afraid to shift if I were to lose control. If I just looked fuggly, I'd simply be annoyed every full moon.
Silverclaw

Post by Silverclaw »

hehe :lol:

Oh, The Cave really sucked as well.
One review was really funny for that one.
'Ten things I learned watching The Cave. 1. 'Beneath heaven lies hell. Beneath hell lies the cave.' 2. Beneath that lies the theater showing The Cave."
:lol: