New members.

Welcome to "The Pack" forum! Come tell us about yourself!!
Teh_DarkJokerWolf
Legendary
Legendary
Mood: Disappointed

Post by Teh_DarkJokerWolf »

Anook

Welcome To teh Pack :D Hope you enjoy your stay with all of us :panting:

also Welcome to All new Pack member I have missed

:welcome:
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Executive Producer (Red Victoria)

Post by Figarou »

Anook wrote:Hey,

I'm new here as well. I love Dogs, wolves, and werewolves( which are all dogs). I love to run, sleep, watch tv, eat, play with the dogs, i love the snow, soccer, and MY EXTREMELY POINTED EAR.

Its wierd how pointy it is. :lol:

Hasa lowen Anook!!

I-sa bit grat dun!! :duckie

Bin guin fer doc mock!! :ducktoss3:

*shakes head*
What the heck did I just say? ??

:jester:
garouda
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Do You Believe In Magic ?

Post by garouda »

Um, Figarou, you said:
Figarou wrote:Hasa lowen Anook!!

*shakes head*

Just thought you would like to know.

:bubblegum: :angel:
The change, does it wrack the bones and rend the flesh ? Yes, indeed it does. But is this pain and agony alone ? No, in fact hardly at all. It is the Sacrament of the Moon. The flesh flows and so do the endorphins. It is, in truth, the agony ecstatic; The Pain That Is Pleasure
wolfenknight
Legendary
Legendary

Post by wolfenknight »

Welcome to the pack Anook.
Teh_DarkJokerWolf
Legendary
Legendary
Mood: Disappointed

Post by Teh_DarkJokerWolf »

Figarou wrote:
Anook wrote:Hey,

I'm new here as well. I love Dogs, wolves, and werewolves( which are all dogs). I love to run, sleep, watch tv, eat, play with the dogs, i love the snow, soccer, and MY EXTREMELY POINTED EAR.

Its wierd how pointy it is. :lol:

Hasa lowen Anook!!

*shakes head*

It's official, Figarou has lost it :crazy:
wolfenknight
Legendary
Legendary

Post by wolfenknight »

hehe
does he always do that Sabre? :lol:
Ancient
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Keeper of useless knowledge and information

Post by Ancient »

:welcome: Anook

Ah, late again.
The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the source of all art and science.-Albert Einstein
Anook
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Dogs are miracles with paws

Post by Anook »

Thanks for the welcome everyone. :D :howl:  :oo
I just became a member Sunday, so i was ranked as Just Bitten. But i posted 10 times, so in less then a hour i moved up to Dealing With The Change.
But its cool. I still wounldn't mind being ranked as just bitten, but it really doesn't matter. :D :lol:
:howl:  :oo
I could care less if I am a "freak". I don't care what other people think about me. I am me. I am different from the masses of society in unique and profound ways, anyway. Being physically different would trouble me not
alphanubilus
Legendary
Legendary

Post by alphanubilus »

Okay, I guess I should introduce myself...

My name is Joshua L. Roberts. I was born and raised in the mysterious land of Oklahoma. I still live in OKC.

I am a screenwriter, and I am a member of the W.S.A.I. (Writers Services Australia International) headed by my good friend Mike Wilde.

I found this site, thanks to a good friend of mine, Gil, who was showing off Anthony's project Freeborn at a sight I've been haunting at (Werewolf.com) for years. Mr. Brownrigg then contacted me wishing me lots of luck on my own "top secret" project, since we are sort of in the same boat. Sort of...

I then joined this site to support Anthony and his quest, as well as to abuse the cute wuffer smilies.
:D

As my sig suggests... Yes I have written a script about werewolves.

Where do I stand?

Well, we have a producer and co-producer, we have the budget, and we have several major studios looking into the project. What does this mean... well who knows. We ARE dealing with Hollywood, and ANYTHING you do in Hollywood takes forever. I swear the place is run by snails, but then again making a movie takes a lot of money and a lot of work, so I guess one has to be patient.

What can werewolf fans expect of the story.

It's beyond imagination.

Okay, okay, my whole concept with the first script, as well as the second, of which I am working on now, is to craft a story by which everyone could enjoy, and not just werewolf fans. Think of it as something along the lines of Star Wars, LotRS, or now even Narnia. A big epic tale that will take you to a world beyond your wildest dreams, or darkest nightmares.
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Figarou »

SabreTheJokerWolfFool wrote:
It's official, Figarou has lost it :crazy:
Nope. I havn't lost it. I keep it in a nice safe hiding place.

Wanna see? ---> :duckiemind:

Feed your mind!! Err...ummm..duckie!!! :eatfish:

Set
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Devil in disguise

Post by Set »

*waves to alphanubilus* Welcome to the forum that's...full of writers, apparently.
alphanubilus
Legendary
Legendary

Post by alphanubilus »

Yeah, I guess there are a lot of writers. I know a whole bunch, both professional as well as beginners, haunt Werewolf.com.

I guess werewolves are on a lot of people's minds lately. 8)

Thanks for the Welcome!
Ancient
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Keeper of useless knowledge and information

Post by Ancient »

:welcome: alphanubilus.

Late again. Geez I'm good at being late with welcomes.
The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the source of all art and science.-Albert Einstein
Scott Gardener
Legendary
Legendary
Mood: Excited

Post by Scott Gardener »

Welcome, Alphanubilus!

Are you saying you've got your own spiffy werewolf movie in the works, just as friendly to lycanthropy fandom? I've already had demon creditors trying to get my soul over something I said before Brownrigg began work on Freeborn! I think my head might explode if two good higher budget werewolf movies come out!

I'm a writer myself. Not yet published, but I've got a manuscript, and I'm not afraid to submit it!
Taking a Gestalt approach, since it's the "in" thing...
Autowolf
Just Bitten
Just Bitten

Post by Autowolf »

Hi, I'm Autowolf & I'm new here

I live in New Zealand

I've had a big interest in werewolves for quite a long time & I have alot of werewolf movies on DVD :)

Wolves as well as Tigers (thanks to Mum) are my favourite animals :)

I also collect transforming robot toys called 'Transformers'

So hi
alphanubilus
Legendary
Legendary

Post by alphanubilus »

Scott Gardener wrote:Welcome, Alphanubilus!

Are you saying you've got your own spiffy werewolf movie in the works, just as friendly to lycanthropy fandom? I've already had demon creditors trying to get my soul over something I said before Brownrigg began work on Freeborn! I think my head might explode if two good higher budget werewolf movies come out!

I'm a writer myself. Not yet published, but I've got a manuscript, and I'm not afraid to submit it!
My project's title is "Hour of Darkness," or H.O.D. as we've come to call it in abbreviation. It is a huge undertaking that sort of melds, sci-fi, horror, and fantasy into once cohesive platter. You can think of it as, "The Lord of the Rings, for werewolves."

Like, Brownrigg's script, it stars werewolves, but unlike Freeborn, it leans a little more fantasy than traditional horror.

I was blessed with a lot of good sources as I studied various werewolf mythology from across the world. A dear friend of mine is, Brad Steiger, who wrote, "The Werewolf Book." With his knowledge, and my love of fantasy, as well with the consultations of my buds at the WSAI, I created Hour of Darkness.

H.O.D. lends it mythos to Norse lore, with various bits and pieces of other mythologies, as well as my own views.

Of course in doing so, H.O.D. doesn't come without a price, and a very big price it has. The basic financing alone will be at least $80 million, and that is if we film it in Australia. The good news is we already got the financing, as well as everything else all set. One of my best buds, Mike, who is also the president of the W.S.A.I. is set to co-produce. We are just awaiting the final details. This of course means that we have to go with Studio backing. Lion's Gate and Dreamworks have already approached us, while not exactly for H.O.D. and we are, at this moment, dealing with them as well.
Sounds exciting... but it could still be months before we have a solid answer. Big budget films take a LOOOOOOOOOOOOOONG time to get going.

What can you expect from H.O.D. ?

Don't wanna give anything away, but I will say that A. There are both good and bad werewolves. B. No full moon transformations. C. No silver bullets. D. No biting to become a werewolf. E. Werewolf ethnic groups, society, law & order, and a defined culture.

As a teaser I will say this... During the conclusion of the story an army of 6000+ werewolves (unleashing the dogs of war!) marches into battle against a mysterious and most dangerous foe in order to save the world.

Oh, I am also working on part two! :lol:
Kimmay
Dealing with the Change
Dealing with the Change

Post by Kimmay »

Hey Everyone.

I joined the forums the other day, havent posted anyrthing really but i have been snooping around a great deal and am quite fascinated by the amount of interesting topics i have come across as of now. I think i may even make this place one of my regular territories :P

So, about me. Im fascinated by anything lupine, canine or lycanthrope. quite obvious really, otherwise i wouldent be here. :lol: Its a fascination i have carried since early childhood.
So beyond the basics: I'm a Brit, Im a student at an Agriculture college in Derby, currently studying Animal Biology and Behaviour amongst other things.
My hobbies include going to the Gym and My dogs. I love training them and have grown an extremely strong bond. And have often been asked by others for training hints and tips for their pets :D

Hmm. I think its about time for another Ego deflate, anyone have a pin handy? :roll:
Scott Gardener
Legendary
Legendary
Mood: Excited

Post by Scott Gardener »

Once again, happy to see more high budget werewolf movies in the making! Glad to see werewolves being seen as something deserving of a serious treatment.
Taking a Gestalt approach, since it's the "in" thing...
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Figarou »

alphanubilus wrote:
My project's title is "Hour of Darkness," or H.O.D. as we've come to call it in abbreviation. It is a huge undertaking that sort of melds, sci-fi, horror, and fantasy into once cohesive platter. You can think of it as, "The Lord of the Rings, for werewolves."

Like, Brownrigg's script, it stars werewolves, but unlike Freeborn, it leans a little more fantasy than traditional horror.

I was blessed with a lot of good sources as I studied various werewolf mythology from across the world. A dear friend of mine is, Brad Steiger, who wrote, "The Werewolf Book." With his knowledge, and my love of fantasy, as well with the consultations of my buds at the WSAI, I created Hour of Darkness.

H.O.D. lends it mythos to Norse lore, with various bits and pieces of other mythologies, as well as my own views.

Of course in doing so, H.O.D. doesn't come without a price, and a very big price it has. The basic financing alone will be at least $80 million, and that is if we film it in Australia. The good news is we already got the financing, as well as everything else all set. One of my best buds, Mike, who is also the president of the W.S.A.I. is set to co-produce. We are just awaiting the final details. This of course means that we have to go with Studio backing. Lion's Gate and Dreamworks have already approached us, while not exactly for H.O.D. and we are, at this moment, dealing with them as well.
Sounds exciting... but it could still be months before we have a solid answer. Big budget films take a LOOOOOOOOOOOOOONG time to get going.

What can you expect from H.O.D. ?

Don't wanna give anything away, but I will say that A. There are both good and bad werewolves. B. No full moon transformations. C. No silver bullets. D. No biting to become a werewolf. E. Werewolf ethnic groups, society, law & order, and a defined culture.

As a teaser I will say this... During the conclusion of the story an army of 6000+ werewolves (unleashing the dogs of war!) marches into battle against a mysterious and most dangerous foe in order to save the world.

Oh, I am also working on part two! :lol:

Oh WOW!! I can't wait to see this film!!

As for the 6000+ werewolves, I wonder which will be more expensive. CGI or 6000+ people in costumes. :o

Also :welcome: Kimmay and Autowolf.
Syzygy
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Wergild Collector

Post by Syzygy »

alphanubilus wrote:As a teaser I will say this... During the conclusion of the story an army of 6000+ werewolves (unleashing the dogs of war!) marches into battle against a mysterious and most dangerous foe in order to save the world.
That should be pretty impressive.
Eat more tobasco.
alphanubilus
Legendary
Legendary

Post by alphanubilus »

Chances are it will be mostly CGI at least for the wide shots and such. This will be the director and producer's decision though.

I think most people will be surprised with H.O.D. because it doesn't feel like a traditional werewolf movie, nor does it read like one. It is very different. In truth it's rating will probably fall around PG-13, while its second half could possibly dive into the R area, not really for gore reasons, but because the second story deals with genocide and a lot of really bad things happen. I write for the largest number of people to view it, but the themes will be much darker. It has to get darker before it gets lighter type of thing.

Of course H.O.D. isn't all about effects. It is all about the story and the characters involved. I personally love the story and it turned out better than I imagined. It has a lot of wonderful themes such as growing up, taking responsibility, love, and the ultimate sacrifice.

I didn't write it just for the fans. There is enough material for any werewolf buff to love, as well as enough little story quirks that pay homage to older werewolf films, if you are clever enough to spot them., but the story itself can be obtainable to even those who don't like the genre.

One of the best compliments I recieved was from a big time Star Wars junky who is an author of a new Sci-fi movie book. He took a bit of his busy time to review H.O.D. and he told me that werewolves weren't his thing, but if Hour of Darkness hit the theaters, he would take the time and money to go see it. He loved the script.
Set
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Devil in disguise

Post by Set »

Kimmay wrote:Hmm. I think its about time for another Ego deflate, anyone have a pin handy? :roll:
No, but I have teeth. :biteme:
Alexus
Pack Leader
Pack Leader

Post by Alexus »

Hi, I'm new.
Herpscott
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Herpscott »

Welcome. Have fun reading and posting and playing!
"Ignorance is Bliss to those Uneducated" -Nick Hexum of 311

Please don't shoot me!!
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Figarou »

Alexus wrote:Hi, I'm new.

*sniff* *sniff*

:o You are new!!

I can smell the *electronic fresh out of the box scent.

(*As in a new TV, DVD player, ETC.)