what animal Personality closely resmebles you??

The place for anything at all...
Silverclaw
Mood: Meh...

Post by Silverclaw »

Kirk Hammett- haha, you gotta give me the link to that so I can read some of those posts! :lol:

Set- hmmm, I think you have a cat-vibe to you :)
Anook
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Dogs are miracles with paws

Post by Anook »

ok,

When It comes to werewolves I do have a tendency to believe everything I read on the internet about them. That girls journals were good, so I guess thats why i was ready to believe them Renorei. They were vey convincing, and they did my me feel like I was shifting with her.

I did think that if you dreamt that you were a werewolf; then that must mean your one. Personlly I think being able to phyiscally shift into something would be awesome. So, when you said that your not considered a werewolf unless you phyiscally shift into one; then I believed it.
At first I thought people were crazy if they believed they were werewolves, but couldn't really turn into one. I mean, I don't want to be considered one of those. (I don't mean any disrespect toward any therians out there)
So, I guess I didn't want you or anyone else to think that.
I agreed with most of what you said anyway. I just didn't include it in my post.

ok you no what, I'm rambling

Ok, I hope you didn't miscontrue this post Renorei or anyone else who reads this, but if you did i'm sorry.

AHHHH! I'M SO STUPID.
Instead of posting that whole topic on what animal you shift into and what kind of shift do you do.
I should have just asked the question.
''If you dream that you are a werewolf; then does that make you one''?
I think I should have just asked that to begin with.

Anyway thanks for your thoughts and opinions everyone, and for some of you; thanks for the advice.
I feel really foolish about posting this topic. WHEN WE'RE NOT EVEN TALKING ABOUT IT. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I think i really just made a fool of myself and believe me it probably won't be the last time, but we're aloud to make fools of our selves here.

Like, today I was on the computer checking out the freeborn site and out of the blue I hear the most terrify sound; one could ever hear.
I heard the sound of a bee, so I looked everywhere for it and it was no where do be seen. Until I looked down in my lap and there it was. A yellow jacket im my lap!!!
I mean, I don't even know how it got there. I didn't see it or hear it fly into my lap. I just heared It when it fell there.
But as soon as I saw it I threw the blanket off of me and dashed upstairs. Unfortunatly by cat was under my feet at the time, so i hope i didn't step on her. But lo and behold as soon as I touched the hard wood floor; I end iup falling on my face. I mean feet went into the air and everything. My mom was looking at me like I was taken over by something.
I could care less if I am a "freak". I don't care what other people think about me. I am me. I am different from the masses of society in unique and profound ways, anyway. Being physically different would trouble me not
Renorei
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Renorei »

Don't beat yourself up. It's cool. :D

Also, @ Set:

Shark? Alligator? Hawk? Eagle? Snake?

Definitely something that doesn't have an uber-happy let's-all-be-friends kind of social structure.
Herpscott
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Herpscott »

If you dream that you are a werewolf, then you just had a cool dream (maybe not cool depending) but it doesn't make you a werewolf. However, having said that, if these dreams reoccur frequently, you might look into dream analysis. I know that it is mostly a bunch of hooey, but there are things that can be inferred. I looked at my dreams that kept reoccuring as a sign that I needed to do something, change something, I looked at it as a need that my mind and body was trying to let me in on. I have since had several more of these outlandish (but VERY COOL) dreams but they are fewer in number since I made an attempt at understanding them and made a point to accept what was apparent from them.

Don't berate yourself too much Anook. I will agree with Renorei in that you have not annoyed me. It is good to question. In fact, question EVERYTHING. Decide for yourself what you believe is right. We are not here to judge, we are here to conquer the challenges that life throws at us and learn from our trials.

BTW. I would have made a fool of myself if I had a yellow-jacket in my lap too. In fact, I'd bet money that I would have screamed like a little girl and reacted just as you did if not worse! I am terribly afraid of wasps, bees, hornets and the like.
"Ignorance is Bliss to those Uneducated" -Nick Hexum of 311

Please don't shoot me!!
Shadow Wulf
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Shadow Wulf »

Id say I probably be a wolf-dog. Im very solitary in my room and love to be by myself, yet I love the company of my friends and I love hanging out with them. :)
Every government degenerates when trusted to the rulers of the people alone. The people themselves are its only safe depositories. - Thomas Jefferson
Image Image
Morkulv
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Panzer Division Morkulv
Mood: RAR!

Post by Morkulv »

Its weird to compare yourself to a animal. I think other people should judge that.
Scott Gardener wrote: I'd be afraid to shift if I were to lose control. If I just looked fuggly, I'd simply be annoyed every full moon.
Renorei
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Renorei »

What kind of animal do you guys think I'd be? As others have said, choosing your own animal that represents you personality certainly comes with a little bias.

So what am I?
Kirk Hammett
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: The Guitar Dude from Metallica

Post by Kirk Hammett »

Hey now, you really can't judge people like that. You can only know your own experiences. I'm in Lupus Librarius' pack and I think that whether other members are 'true therians' or not is inconsequential. What matters is that they are experiencing something that is real for them.
Hey I think you misread :P. I said Libarius and Neo are the only two I have come across on Myspace who were convincing, and perhaps a few others. Sorry if it seemed I was being overly generalising.

When I mean convincing, I mean those who are obviously not fakes. The people I see to be fakes are those who claim to physically shape-shift and claim healing powers of extraordinary types (While my brother is a healer, he is probably not a therian and the people I mean are those who claimed to have healed a gun wound off their own body...and they were 14 year olds), and those who are utterly rude to people and squabble and fight (If I can find examples I could show you what I mean, but why cause more trouble haha). As for everyone else, I haven't talked to them so I wouldn't know, not yet anyway. But yeah if it seemed I was being rude I apologise. Eh reading back on my post yeah that does look pretty nasty. Ugh. Once again I apologise, I guess I don't really mean that. Bleh I need to watch what the hell I write next time. I'm an idiot sometimes -tail between legs-

Silverclaw: Ill find the links if I can. The hunters link is on here somewhere, I think. I can't think where; probably non-were related section. I'm sure this is the board I found them on! I'm not extremely sure though. I'm just doing all this Uni crap haha my mind is fuzzled! :?

Anook: Don't worry mate, :P I'm starting to question whether my dreams have anything to do with therianthropy or anything as well. You're not the only one who assumed dreams were important. It's certainly emphasised that they are. I dream so vividly and have had premonition dreams before, that to me they could mean bloody anything! I talked to Neo the other day and he says everyone starts off believing what they read. I'm sure I probably did! Her journal is convincing, I skimmed a bit of the first entry before I had to go out. But therianthropy is such a hard concept because as PariahPoet said, people have so many different experiences, and the human mind is so complex, how DOES one tell if it is related to therianthropy? I'm still trying to define what therianthropy means for me, I guess. Not a whole lot right now, not as much as some, not as much as my music and it probably never will. So I have to ask; is that a bad thing, and is it abnormal. Well, it's just my experience in the matter. So don't worry, trust your instincts, search, and it'll come to you.

Anyway I'm essay writing today. hwlwnk
<b> Pack Drunk</b>
Image Image :beerwolf: :drunx:
"Animals were not made for humans, not anymore than black people were made for whites or women for men" -Alice Walker-
Set
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Devil in disguise

Post by Set »

Anook, chill man. I recommend switching to decaf if you haven't already.

To be fair though there are stories about if you dream of being such-and-such creature you are one. Hogwash, but they are there. I've never come across one for werewolves though.

The "if you dream it you are it" thing doesn't work for alot of reasons. If it did I'd be a demon wolf lion velociraptor kitsune cat t-rex mermaid hobbit elf falcon gryphon dragon plesiosaur sphinx vampire god. (And then some.) It can make for an interesting story but is just plain not true.
PariahPoet
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: The one and only were-jaguarundi!

Post by PariahPoet »

Dreams are subjective. Sometimes you dream of what you are(I've had quite a few great dream shifts and have never been anything in a dream other than my human self or my jaguarundi self- but that varies for every person) I agree that just because you dream it doesn't mean you are it, I guess I'm just saying that sometimes you do dream of what you are. But you have to know what you are before judging your dreams....
I don't think that made much sense, but there you have it. :roll:
Shadowalker
Just Bitten
Just Bitten

Post by Shadowalker »

I think the reason therians call themselves werewolves is because if your trying to explain to a "normal person" what you believe and you say therian, they arent gonna have any idea, but if you say werewolf, they get a basic idea, either that, or at the very least you get a really cool reaction! which is what I enjoy, but anyway, If im seriously trying to tell someone what I am or what I believe myself to be, I would never call myself a werewolf. Only therian, Although I really try not to tell people about me being therian only because no matter what they'll look at you differently, which is not what i want :) by the way, Kirk Hammett, you have any IM programs? I was wanting to IM you.
PariahPoet
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: The one and only were-jaguarundi!

Post by PariahPoet »

That's true Shadow- it's a difficult idea to explain. Someone on the Awereness forums said it is kind of like being transgendered, only insteaid of gender it's species. :lol:
It sounds a bit odd, but this seems to help people understand a bit better sometimes.
23Jarden
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: You guys want some cookIES!?

Post by 23Jarden »

Set wrote:The "if you dream it you are it" thing doesn't work for alot of reasons. If it did I'd be a demon wolf lion velociraptor kitsune cat t-rex mermaid hobbit elf falcon gryphon dragon plesiosaur sphinx vampire god. (And then some.) It can make for an interesting story but is just plain not true.
Youch! Meet the parents! :lol:
"There are no stupid questions. However, there are many inquistive idiots."
Wolveblade
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: lone wolf

Post by Wolveblade »

I would have to say a wolf is my inner animal. But a long time ago I was told I look like a skull. Not that I was really skinny...the girl who told me had "issues" and vented on me.

But, I do have this wierd thing about owls. If I am close to one they stare at me, even if I am far away in a group of people. They stare at me and if I move they turn and watch me. My mom noticed this and pointed it out to me. I love barn owls.
let no sacred place in your territory be violated
Kirk Hammett
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Kirk Hammett »

Shadowalker wrote:I think the reason therians call themselves werewolves is because if your trying to explain to a "normal person" what you believe and you say therian, they arent gonna have any idea, but if you say werewolf, they get a basic idea, either that, or at the very least you get a really cool reaction! which is what I enjoy, but anyway, If im seriously trying to tell someone what I am or what I believe myself to be, I would never call myself a werewolf. Only therian, Although I really try not to tell people about me being therian only because no matter what they'll look at you differently, which is not what i want :) by the way, Kirk Hammett, you have any IM programs? I was wanting to IM you.

I added you 8)
<b> Pack Drunk</b>
"Animals were not made for humans, not anymore than black people were made for whites or women for men" -Alice Walker-
Furya
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Dirty little f***
Location: Talking to myself. It's the first sign of insanity.

Post by Furya »

wolf, for me. i know my closest friend is dog. we have a lot in common, except for a few differences. i can be hyper and aggressive, whereas he is more passive and calm.
Set
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Devil in disguise

Post by Set »

...I don't think I'm anything like a dog, or a wolf, but for some reason I keep getting them on these stupid quizzes I've been taking. Quizilla is mocking me.
Kirk Hammett
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Kirk Hammett »

Set wrote:...I don't think I'm anything like a dog, or a wolf, but for some reason I keep getting them on these stupid quizzes I've been taking. Quizilla is mocking me.
Haha I've gotten everything from horses to dragons on those quizzes.

"What is your favourite colour"

What the hell has that got to do with fur or feather or scale or skin colour, I ask? :P I like really deep quizzes, but there are none, so I do them for a laugh and a bored bit of fun now.
<b> Pack Drunk</b>