A Worrier's Oath

Here you can role-play as your favorite character in a loose and informal setting.

Moderators: Silvermoon, Silver Predator Wolf, Wingman, Thunderclaw

silvereye
Legendary
Legendary

Post by silvereye »

"Yeah, im ok", Soara settled back. "I dont see how i could make anyone jelous," Soara's hears lay back, "im not that special."

(( I can tell :lol: ))
Those who say nothing is impossible...Never tried slaming a revolving door...
Lyco
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Lyco »

The very nature of his life had forced Hedorin to be a light sleeper, which is likely why when he heard an arrow whistling through the air he bolted awake and alert. His keen eyes immediately traced the arrow it as it landed with a heavy thud just in front of him on the branch of the tree he slept on. Hedorin quickly realized he was in no danger when he saw tied to the shaft of the arrow a scroll bearing the Kh’gen seal. It was a message.

Kh’gen message runners were some of the swiftest and most silent agents in the forest. Along with their bows, they could deliver messages to agents in the field quickly and discreetly.

Hedorin quickly pulled the scroll free and read it. He was expecting it to be an official message outlining further orders in his mission, but instead it was from his older brother, Dagern, who was at home working as a personal bodyguard to the Kh’gan Chief Alpha himself. His news was unsettling.

Brother,

I tell you this at great risk to myself, but I have stumbled across something of the Chief Alpha’s plains concerning this woman you have been entrusted to protect. The fact that they would forego informing you of this prior to you’re leaving seems ludicrous, but it appears someone in our ranks wishes you ill. Someone here has left you in the dark on purpose.

I shall waste no more time. The northerners attack on Soara’s tribe wasn’t a random pillaging. They were attempting to capture her. I’m still not sure why such importance has been placed on this one foreign warrior, but our scouts have reporting greatly increased activity in the northerners raiding parties. Many packs have mobilized and they are sweeping the forests not far east from your location. They’re looking for her, Hedorin. Again, I do not know what significance she holds to them, but the totem masters here are in an uproar over it.

I’ll see if I can gather more information for you without rousing suspicion from my superiors. I can scene that there is more here then meets the eye. Until I can figure out what the Chief Alpha and the totem masters are hiding from us, I ask only that you be cautious. Something isn’t right.

~Dagern

((OOC: I'm sorry if i'm spewing storyline out a little too quickly, I seem to be a cretivity faucet right now. I can slow it down a bit if you want :| ))
Anubis
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Eletist Jerk

Post by Anubis »

((no, it's cool. I like it, good going! :thumbsup: ))

"Ah, don't say that. i bet men all over are trying to court you. besides Turic must have seen some thing special in you that he likes." she smilled again. "By the way i didn't get your name."
THE GAME

My Armory
silvereye
Legendary
Legendary

Post by silvereye »

"Im called Soara", she looked down at her bandages, "how long do i have to stay here?" She motioned around her , "in this healers space."
Anubis
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Anubis »

"Not very long, perferably over night. you still need rest. you want me to get you any thing?" she asked.
THE GAME

My Armory
silvereye
Legendary
Legendary

Post by silvereye »

"No im fine", Soara yawned and rolled over, "rest seems like a good idea."
Lyco
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Lyco »

Hedorin casually walked across the forest floor as he read his brother’s message. When reached the banks of the Gerair River, he tore it to shreds and discarded it into the flowing water. It was customary that no message delivered to an agent in the field be kept, lest wrongful eyes read it.

Hedorin gripped his glaive slightly tighter then before as he though about his brother’s words of warning. If the northerners were combing the woods, it wouldn’t take them long to get here. Hedorin would have to warn the Ry’ou somehow, but after his suspicious display in front them earlier, he would need to be tactful. They were far shrewder then he gave them credit.

Hedorin skewered a few fish out of the river. He sat down and ate. He always tended to do his best thinking while eating.
Anubis
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Anubis »

In the morning Turic entered Sora's room. She just gotten up. "Good morning Sora. We need to talk, can you tell me what happened to you yesterday before i found you?" he asked. He was glad that she seemed much healthier than she was yesterday.
THE GAME

My Armory
silvereye
Legendary
Legendary

Post by silvereye »

Soara woke, her eyes closed as she waited to fully awaken. When she opened them, the room was empty, all nurses gone. Sitting up she looked down at her bandages and peeled one back, nothing. Soara stripped off all the bandages and stood up, all strength returning. She flexed feeling better then when she had fallen asleep, rejuvenized and ready to explore.

Thats before a thought of her father hit her, he had been a brave and powerful cheiftain, most of all he had been her loving father, the person who had raised her and taught her to fight. Now this was the gaping hole in her heart.
silvereye
Legendary
Legendary

Post by silvereye »

((sry about my last post....didnt know you had written :o ))
silvereye
Legendary
Legendary

Post by silvereye »

"I would have to go back a few days from our meeting," Soara smiled sadly, "to keep it simple, my clan, the BlueMoon Clan, was slautered by raiders." Soara looked away sadly, "everyone was killed, i was able to escape, but badly wounded." She looked intently into Turics eyes, "Then i met you."
Anubis
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Anubis »

"Ummm" no one never made her felt like this, he was really nervous. not even in combat he was like this. "Uh right, what is the clan that did this to you? if you know? It's important for us to know because we inforce the Emporer's laws in this part of the country." he said with this heart beat pounding in his ears.
THE GAME

My Armory
silvereye
Legendary
Legendary

Post by silvereye »

"No," she murmured, a tear slid down her face, "it was an unknown clan." Soara smoothed down the fur near her throat, "all I know is they were from the North, their pelts were thicker, looking ready for the depth of winter." When she looked back into Turic's face, Soara noticed he looked a bit nervous.
Anubis
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Anubis »

Turic saw a tear steamed out of her beautiful eyes. He placed a hand on hers. "Soara listen, I'm truly sorry for your losses. The brotherhood will see to that all of your clan will get a decent burial, and those who are responsible will be put to justice. I give you my word, because your description narrowed it down to three northern tribes that are known for these acts." he said reassuringly.
Last edited by Anubis on Fri Apr 21, 2006 7:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
THE GAME

My Armory
silvereye
Legendary
Legendary

Post by silvereye »

"Thank you," Soara stood and stretched. "Would it be ok if we leave this room?" she shuddered, "it feels to confining."
Anubis
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Anubis »

"Sure, i'll show around if you want. But first lets get you some thing to eat at the kitchen. They always have something good to eat in there left over from our leader's meals." he said as he extented his hand to her.
THE GAME

My Armory
silvereye
Legendary
Legendary

Post by silvereye »

Soara heasitated a moment as Turic held his hand out for her. Making up her mind she took his hand with a smile, "Alright."
Lyco
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Lyco »

Anubis
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Anubis »

He shown her the kitchen where the cooks where taking back some spiced meat and qivairian juice left over from the General's lunch. he took some of both and gave it to her. "here try the spiced meat, it's an ancient delicacy with the brotherhood." he smilled.
THE GAME

My Armory
silvereye
Legendary
Legendary

Post by silvereye »

Soara tried a piece, her eyes lit up with pleasure. "This is wonderful," she said as she finished the piece. "The brotherhood is well off i see," Soara smiled, "Fine cooks and warriors." She looked around as she sampled another piece.
Anubis
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Anubis »

"Yeah" he said as he watched her eat.

Then some one intruded, he sighed then said "what is it?"

It was a recruit, a trainee that was still being taught the ways of the brotherhood. He had the status of a intern doing work that no one wants and often made fun of and treated like dirt. It was a form of discipline and hazing rolled into one. Every one in the brotherhood had to went through it, it was tradition.

"What is it, Bag?" Turic growled. Bags was the Intern's nickname from the burlap sacks they have to wear everyday.

"Sir, Your Father the Alpha chief what to see you in his study as well as the refugee" he responed.

"All right, Clean out the stables. they've been getting funky lately" he said

"yes, sir" responed the bag.
THE GAME

My Armory
silvereye
Legendary
Legendary

Post by silvereye »

"Now im a refugee?" a hint of anger swirled through her eyes as they narrowed. "I am a warrior," Soara stood up proudly, "and should be known as such, do not judge me on my weakened strength from my ordeal."

"Your father may be Alpha Cheif," she growled lightly, "but that does not give you the right, or any of your people, to hint that i am weak."

She looked him in the eye, "well, we might as well go."
Anubis
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Anubis »

"Soara, we didn't mean anything by it. That's just a term we use for people that has survived an event like the one you excapted from. We didn't mean for you to feel like a charity case, and to insult you." he said as they walked to the throne room.
Last edited by Anubis on Thu Apr 27, 2006 10:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
THE GAME

My Armory
silvereye
Legendary
Legendary

Post by silvereye »

Soara sighed, knowing they hadnt meant it. Just that the death of her tribe had ruffled her up, she hadnt meant to explode. Her ears lay back and her head drooped, she felt ashamed.