Tattoos

The place for anything at all...
vrikasatma
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Sometimes, ya just gotta say ... BLEEEE!!
Additional Details: Digg: Gemfinder
Dragon Cave: http://dragcave.net/user/Xocowolf
Twitter: @Xocowolf
Mood: Busy

Post by vrikasatma »

I'm a Metal Ox/Monkey ascendant. What I don't get by sheer guts I get by cleverness :wink:
ImageImageImageImage
outwarddoodles
Custom Title: I'm here! What more do you want?

Post by outwarddoodles »

I'm thinking about getting a tatoo when I'm older and very SURE about it. Not something trendy, something I'll always like, easily covered, small, and I would get a good person who's very hygenic to do it.

It may matter when I grow up, I may just get a small cat placed somewhere, if I don't grow out of werewolves when I'm older maybe I'll get on of those, or just a simple tribal design. Most likely an animal or something nature related or even symbolic. That is if I don't wuss out and go through with it.

I'd rather be sure of what I'm getting rather than being an old granny with a flower on her ankle and a dolphin on her wrinkled butt.
:D
"We are not always what we seem, and hardly ever what we dream."
23Jarden
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: You guys want some cookIES!?

Post by 23Jarden »

I'm not one much for pain so ideal place suggestion would be nice.I was thinking about getting a Scarlet Raven With either a pentagram in it eye or holding it in its beak. Why? Becuase I've been seeing tons of Ravens and the Pentagram becuase I'm Wiccan.
"There are no stupid questions. However, there are many inquistive idiots."
Trinity
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Midnite artist what arts at midnite!
Mood: Excited

Post by Trinity »

Not across bone, or places where bone is close to the skin. Not in places that are extremly sensitive. Doesn't leave much other places really. :) heh

Places near tickle spots tend not to be as painfuly, more ticklish. More of a chance to jump. But they'd be the more likly place for a good tat if you didn't want to hurt. The one I got on my shoulder hurt a lot less then I was anticipating. But it still stung like a biznitch.

Shins/calves are really snesitive. as are spines and necks, wrists and hands.

:)
:wolfpaint:
LinkedIn - Dev Art - Behance - Facebook Page
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
She-wolf who stalked the forums when all else sane, slept.
LupisLycaon
Dealing with the Change
Dealing with the Change

Post by LupisLycaon »

I've been debating getting a tattoo for years now, and fortunately I've had the same basic design in my mind the entire time.

I have seen some horrific tattoos and would like to take this opportunity to stress the importance of finding a skilled artist with experience. Don't go to the least expensive artist, go to the one who can provide what you want regardless of cost. It will be with you for the rest of your life.
www.bmezine.com has an extensive searchable gallery to showcase various artists.
23Jarden
Legendary
Legendary

Post by 23Jarden »

What about Upper arm or the place below the ribs but above the hips on the side of your back. The squishy part...
Trinity
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Midnite artist what arts at midnite!
Mood: Excited

Post by Trinity »

Could tickle Coul dhurt.

Inside of upper arm tends to be SUPAH sensitive. the going "Myth" is that in order to be a MANLY MAHN, you must get a tat that encircles your upper arm.

FEH.
:wolfpaint:
LinkedIn - Dev Art - Behance - Facebook Page
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
She-wolf who stalked the forums when all else sane, slept.
Teh_DarkJokerWolf
Legendary
Legendary
Mood: Disappointed

Post by Teh_DarkJokerWolf »

When I get my tattoos it will will be some type of tribal sign of sorts, a werewolf, a wolf and definatly a moon :D
Short Tail
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Resident Chakat

Post by Short Tail »

Sorry to revive such an old thread, but I have recently found something. Up until last night, I was under the impression that I would never be able to have a tattoo since I want to go into Enviromental law and such things are frowned upon in the law profession. Well last night I found a kind of tattoo that I can have that is very hard to see unless I am at a club or something. http://www.tattooartists.org/Gal3975_UV ... ht_Ink.asp Yes, a tattoo that is black light sensative, the perfect thing for someone who goes to raves and clubs a lot yet doesn't want a tattoo to be a problem later on in life. Safty concerns aside, since I spent all last night researching this ink and company, what do yall think of these?
"War is over if you want it to be. Imagine all the people living life in peace." - John & Yoko
Syzygy
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Wergild Collector

Post by Syzygy »

Ooooh. Those are excellent and it is definetely a great idea.

I wouldn't mind getting one of those.
Eat more tobasco.
23Jarden
Legendary
Legendary

Post by 23Jarden »

:lol: Your parents would never know!
Kzinistzerg
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Kzinistzerg »

That woud be really cool.
Short Tail
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Resident Chakat

Post by Short Tail »

I was thinking of going with a tribal design either on my biceps or upper forearms that way I can show them off when at a rave or party by just wearing a short sleeve shirt.
"War is over if you want it to be. Imagine all the people living life in peace." - John & Yoko
Set
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Devil in disguise

Post by Set »

:o Dude...that's awesome.
Kimmay
Dealing with the Change
Dealing with the Change

Post by Kimmay »

Indeed it is!

I would like a tatoo but I dont really ever plan on having it done. Im too indicisive, I know that no mater what it is i will love it for months and then regret it.

I have had my eye on one design for about a year now, It is of a wolf pup with a rose in its mouth. As i have said, i would love it but never plan on having it done. Maybe in a few years if i would still like that design i will have it on my hip or somewhere. But not untill im entirely sure that i will never regret it. 8)
silverpaw
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: I Bite, You've Been Warned ^_^

Post by silverpaw »

Wow that is an amazing find, I tottaly want one, its a brilliant idea, now all I need ois to be out more at clubs and what not.

navalagVLK
Legendary
Legendary

Post by navalagVLK »

First off... Silverpaw, I love your signiature :lol:

Anyways, I'm gonna get a tattoo over the next few weeks. (My parents are away, and left me just enough grocery money to get a tattoo and get by ;) ) I've spoken with the tattooist, she seems competent enough! She also thinks I'm like 20-something so age isn't an issue. Three cheers for my relaxed-a** town :P

I just don't know what to get ! ??

I wanna get the "Cloudy Wolf" thing from Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children. Or a tattoo lke Red XIII's.
But really, aren't both of those choices horribly nerdy?

(This thread is great for answering all the questions I once had :D)

Onto the point:

How do I actually tell if she's good enough to permentantly scar me?

Does the tattoo require any care afterward?

Any other info at all would like... Get the giver some <3 :P
"We demand rigidly defined areas of doubt and uncertainty!"
silverpaw
Legendary
Legendary

Post by silverpaw »

As for the tattoo, do you possible have a picture or link to them so i can see?
lol and how old are you :lol:

As for the care and such

Heres the link But there is a picture of elephantism for some reason ??

http://www.luckyfish.com/tattoocare.html

Or heres most of it.

CARE INSTRUCTIONS

Leave the bandage on either 2 hours or overnight. If you are going to be sleeping on hotel sheets, hey, the bandage is cleaner. Best to wear some sort of cotton clothing that covers it so that if the bandage comes loose in the night you don't end up stuck to the sheet. It won't be funny that you left a print of your tattoo on the sheet when you realise it ripped away a healed layer of skin. With some sort of pj on if you get stuck to it you can go into the shower, get it wet, and gently peel it away.

When the bandage is removed gently wash the area with a mild soap and water, working loose any bits of dried blood or ooze that might be on the surface.

DO NOT REBANDAGE. At this point you want to begin to moisturize your tattoo, and let it breathe. Use UNSCENTED good quality hand lotion frequently and sparingly. The one I personally think is the best is CUREL FRAGRANCE FREE because the main ingredients are glycerin and water. Most hand and body lotions are made of alcohol and oil, and just don't work as well. But the most important thing is that you look at the ingredients in whatever you are going to use and make sure there is NO FRAGRANCE.

Believe me, I KNOW that you are going to have friends tell you to use Neosporin or Bacitracin. Don't do it. They are antibiotics, and they have no healing value unless there is infection present. You will need them if you introduce dirt or germs into the tattoo, but for normal healing you want a moisturizer.

So keep on using the moisturizer for 2-3 weeks, at first I would say it is not too much to put it on once an hour. As soon as the tattoo begins to feel a bit tight or dry, feed it moisture! The more you do, the quicker the skin will heal over. The idea here is to PREVENT SCABBING. A scab will be the pigment pulled up and out onto the surface. Obviously if you want the brightest possible tattoo you want to leave the pigment beneath the surface. The best possible healing will be a couple of peels, like after a bad sunburn, like a snake shedding skin.

Do not pick or scratch at it while it is healing. Don't mess with the crust.

Remember to wash your hands before applying the lotion. If you have handled money your hands are filthy. If you pet an animal and then rub in lotion, eeeuuuuugh, think about where they might have been. Be sensible, remember that it is a wound that needs your help to heal.

If it is difficult for you to clean your hands every time, carry some Purel or another "waterless hand sanitiser" in your pocket. First clean your hands, then rub in the lotion. FREQUENTLY and SPARINGLY.

No direct sunlight for 2-3 weeks. This is absolutely vital with red ink, it can easily develop a photosensitivity and you DO NOT want to experience the intense itch of this reaction. But with every color of ink, even black, the sun is a major cause of new tattoos looking blurred.

No soaking in water, no swimming, hot tubbing, or direct shower water beating on it for 2-3 weeks. Of course you can keep clean, we want you not to stink when you show off your new art, but if the healing bit soaks up water it will be like going swimming when you were a kid and had a scab. Remember how the waterlogged scab would float away.......there goes your new tattoo! Seriously! No surfing, dudes!

If it does get wet in the shower, gently pat it dry , don't rub at it with a towel. Then immediately after getting dried off remoisturize it.

If you work out, or do contact sports, give it a bit of a break. Worry about getting contact abrasions that could knock off the healing skin, or in a gym worry about over-straining delicate perforated tissue and getting a stretch mark, or touching a piece of sweat-contaminated workout equipment with an open raw area..... wait a couple of weeks.

It is up to you to protect your investment. By giving your tattoo proper care while healing you insure that you will enjoy it for the rest of your life. It will age as gracefully as you do.

Glad to be of service :o This is easy to find just search tattoo care on google and it should clear up any problems

navalagVLK
Legendary
Legendary

Post by navalagVLK »

THANK YOU! :lol: Here is your <3. :wolfkiss:

I'm currently enjoying my 5th year in the dark tunnel of teen-agey fun.
17 since a few weeks ago :D

Man, thanks so much for that rather excellent tutorial of how to not screw it up XD I've got it saved... Now I just need to get the balls to get my tattoo!

I uploaded the two pictures I'd like to get permenantly scarred into my skin:

http://www.ericthewolf.com/ThePackStuff ... FVIIAC.jpg

I really really really like this one. I get all tingly when I see it, but what makes me a little hesistant is the fact that it's from a god-damn movie :roll: Don't know where I would put it either.
But it's awesome, no?

http://www.ericthewolf.com/ThePackStuff/RedXIII_Tat.jpg

Red XIII's tattoo from all the Final Fantasy VII stuff. I really, really love it. And thirteen's my lucky number! I think I'd get it on the back of my neck, with the circle in the centre of the tattoo on the joint between my neck and spine. It wouldn't interfere with job opportunies either, collars would cover it up! :D

I read the bit on the elephantism... It is a "It could be worse" scenario. Pretty damn nasty though. Put the wind up me about taking care of the tattoo properly X3 Jeez...
silverpaw
Legendary
Legendary

Post by silverpaw »

Your welcome, I like the first one, Do you want me to have a look around and try and find some other wolfish designs?
Haha good old teenage years, mine are currently badness, my damn parents know not of the term freedom, they wont let me do any of the fun stuuf, hair dye peircing all that :roll:

So anyways good luck :o

navalagVLK
Legendary
Legendary

Post by navalagVLK »

My parents are much the same, but they're on the other side of the planet right now ;3 So, if I have enough money.. I'll be inked soon enough.

If you could show me some other wolfy stuff it'd rock! I don't have a whole lot of free time to do it myself 'cause of school n' stuff... And Wolf stuff would rock :P

Where do you think I should get a tattoo? I'd to not get it on my upper arm, but then again... it seems like an alright spot.

And... Sorry for necro-posting. I should probably catch you on MSN ;)
Vilkacis
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Vilkacis »

navalagVLK wrote:If you could show me some other wolfy stuff it'd rock! I don't have a whole lot of free time to do it myself 'cause of school n' stuff... And Wolf stuff would rock :P
This is what a Google search turned up. Not all of these are great, but a few are good.

Walking Wolf
Stylized Print
Running Wolf
Howling Wolf
Howing Wolf on Moon
Howling Wolf
Approaching Wolf
Howling Wolves
Wolf Silhouette
Standing Werewolf
Wolf Print
Wolf Print
Wolf Silhouette
Japanese Kanji "Wolf"
Complex Werewolf
Howling Wolf in Circle
Howling Wolf
Wolf Face
Wolf Scene
Heraldry
Wolf Head
Howling Wolf Silhouette
Howling Wolf Head Silhouette w/ Moon
Wolf Head
Wolf Totem

-- Vilkacis
silverpaw
Legendary
Legendary

Post by silverpaw »

haha well that works aswell, Yeh PM me if you want to catch up on msn,
Sry for my late post, the internet has somehow died at my house, so im currently stuck on dial up :cry:

Hmm, some cool places for tattos, well a small one, accross your wrist, or on your chest someplace oh and maybe your shoulder.
And for a big one definetly across chest or arm area

Anywho, Need any helps just ask :o And I will try :D

Xaltar
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Xaltar »

I have a fallen angel on my upper arm so when I wear a sleeved shirt its covered :wink:
vrikasatma
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Sometimes, ya just gotta say ... BLEEEE!!
Additional Details: Digg: Gemfinder
Dragon Cave: http://dragcave.net/user/Xocowolf
Twitter: @Xocowolf
Mood: Busy

Post by vrikasatma »

Short Tail, regarding the black light tattoo:

My artist told me that the glow material used is phosphorus-based, which the body metabolizes as a nutrient. In a few years, your tattoo wouldn't glow anymore and just leave you with the scar, which can't be reworked with non-glow ink (all tattoos leave scars, the better artists minimize it but if you look close you'll see it).

Yes, it does sound like an uber-cool idea, but it's not worth it. Healthy bones are nice but you can get that by drinking milk; you don't want to throw away $300 on a tattoo that would only be there for a couple years.

Just get it on your back or thigh. Those are usually well-buried by clothes anyway. I've never seen a lawyer working in shorts or T-shirts so you should be alright as long as the ink doesn't go up above your shoulderline.

About the sensitive places:
Anyplace where there are blood vessels and ligaments will HURT. Going on experience, inner arm is painful too, as well as joints. I got a tattoo on my scapula and that hurt worse than the one on my bicep-shouldercap panel. The one I got on the outside of my right thigh actually tickled, and that's mostly muscle there. I understand belly hurts the most so I'm going to admit to wussness and never get one there. From observance, scalp hurts too. I saw a macho 6'5" guy crying like a baby while getting his scalp done by Paul Booth (but he's a hard guy to have work on you, from what I hear).
ImageImageImageImage