Safehouse: Opening Day

Here you can role-play as your favorite character in a loose and informal setting.

Moderators: Silvermoon, Silver Predator Wolf, Wingman, Thunderclaw

Terastas
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Spare Pelican

Safehouse: Opening Day

Post by Terastas »

((Just sort of brushing up on my RP skills for now. There's no specific pack I had in mind for this, so if you think you or your pack would agree with uninfected members and an open door to non-pack werewolves, feel free to make this your pack as long as nobody else has))

Exactly one year ago, Vincent lost everything. He should have learned over the years that his immediate family was not to be trusted, but he gave them one last chance. Once he had signed his name to the lease agreement that bound him to the apartment for one year, however, they promptly backed down on their end of the bargain, forcing him to suffer the expenses, and their presence. He had used the last of his money to buy a train ticket to this new city and state, the furthest his money would take him away from anyone that knew him by name.

And as one with virtually no local connections, when his homeless adventures finally did bring him upon the pack, the majority concluded he was an ideal candidate for inclusion in the family.

Now he had to sign his name to another lease agreement for another apartment, but unlike this one, the deal was only that he would endure his new family's presence. It was a sweet deal all things considered: he got off the streets and cleaned up and he didn't even have to work. All he had to do was keep his doors open for anyone in the know.

Easier said than done, considering those in the know were werewolves. He'd never actually seen one before, nor had he ever been bitten. He had absolutely no idea what to expect.

This was his one and only chance though, so he was dilligent to make sure everything was in order for the full moon, the night of his unofficial initiation. He'd taken the beta's instructions and precautions to heart, even thought of some scenarios and failsafes that may have gone overlooked in the past. Then at ten o'clock, he put the rubber duck toy he was given in the window next to a glass lamp with a lit candle. He sat down on the couch, let one of the cats he had adopted (by the beta's instruction) curl up in his lap, and turned on his TV with the volume down low while he waited for his bell to ring.
Anubis
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Eletist Jerk

Post by Anubis »

I shouldn't have waited that long to get home, but i had to see the end of that movie. The full moon hanged in the night sky. I stumbled into the puddles that was left over from a storm earlier today. Walking was made difficult from the pain that was electrocuting through out his whole body from holding back the monstrous transformation.

I knew there is a newly set up safe house in this neighborhood. Then in near by building, in a window i saw a rubber ducky in the window seal. "There you are you bastard!" he said to him self.

I ran inside and knocked on the door. The second the door was opened i stumbled and fell on the floor. I immediately started to shapeshift my whole body was ripping out of my gray hooded sweatshirt, and worn blue genes. My jaws lengthened, muscles grew, fur sprouted, and my body warpped into a large, more powerful shape.

I was done a large seven foot tall brown furred werewolf stood in my place. "Sorry i couldn't hold it back much longer." I held out a large paw-like hand. "The name is Eric."
THE GAME

My Armory
Terastas
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Terastas »

Vincent eased the cat out of his lap and move towards the door. He looked through the peephole and was relieved to see someone still in human form standing outside. He opened the door and peered out, but before he could even ask for a password or some kind of proof of identity, the door was open and his first visitor was on the floor.

"Hey wait, I. . . Oh s***!" He slammed the door and locked it for fear that any of his neighbors in the building could be out in the hallway. He leaned back against the door and became pale as, for the first time, he witnessed the transition.

The spoken word came as a surprise, but a pleasant one. He offered his own hand, small and delicate even by human standards, out to shake the werewolf's. "V-Vincent. Uh, no problem."
Anubis
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Anubis »

"Telling by the look on your face, this is the first time you've seen one of us in our true form or the transformation freaked you out of you skull."

Eric stood up on his powerful digigrade legs. "The first time I've seen my dad transform i practically pissed my pants. Got anything to eat, I've only had a bagel for breakfast? missed lunch and had a popcorn at the movies." Eric said casualy as he picked up what's left of his clothes. For him transforming was a everday thing as well with other lycanthropes.
THE GAME

My Armory
Terastas
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Terastas »

He nods and directs him to the kitchen, which isn't hard since it's a relatively small apartment "Go ahead. Once you've gotten something to eat though, you. . . Really should remain back in the TV room. You know, just in case someone who isn't in the know decides to knock?"

It was a 2nd floor apartment, so not just anybody walking by could look in, but he'd still invested heavily in curtains. There were two rooms other than the tiny kitchen and tiny bathroom. The first was supposed to have been the den, but also made that his bedroom and study. It had everything you'd expect from a new home-owner, giving it a real empty feeling. The back room, on the other hand, was just the opposite: an intended bedroom with a couch at one end and an electronics display much more impressive than the 22 inch on a milk crade he had in the intended den. As if Vincent needed to tell anyone to stay in there instead.

He looked at Eric's tattered remnants and stepped forward to take them. "Eh. . . Don't worry about it. I'll have a new change ready in the morning."
Anubis
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Anubis »

"Thanks" He went to the refrigerator and found out that it was half way empty. He finished off the milk and took out a package of hot dogs and took out a beer.

he finished the dogs and opened the beer. "What's your story? any way?"
THE GAME

My Armory
Terastas
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Terastas »

He'd actually thought it was pretty well stocked, but this being his first time, he'd neglected to take into account werewolf proportions.

"Homeless." He hoped that explained enough.
Anubis
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Anubis »

"My dad is a werewolf and since my mom was human the chance for me receiving the lycanthrope gene was 50/50. and since i didn't have any signs of lycanthropy. my genius of a dad waited until i was seventeen to tell me what he was. one day he took me out in the woods, TFed in front of me. Nearly gave me a heart attack and bit me to give me my wolven heritage. I was a little pissed off on how he approached me about it. Transforming and biting me and making me believe that was about to die, and expected me to be cool about it. I haven't seen him sence then."

I sat down on the couch and dank some of the beer.
THE GAME

My Armory
Terastas
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Terastas »

"Hm. I think I can relate." He goes into the kitchen himself to get a drink. "I don't want to get into it, but I wasn't too thrilled with my parents either."

He opened the fridge and grimaced. "Aw geez." He looked at his watch and bit his lower lip. Meanwhile his three cats, one black, one calico and one tiger-striped grey (thus providing a source of any fur color-variations the local werekin could grace his furniture with) were beginning to congregate in the front room to check out their new guest.
Anubis
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Anubis »

One of the three cats rubbed his body against my legs putting his sent into my fur marking me. "Cats" i said as i scratched its back with my claws. "i used to have one, its name was Tank because it was so damn fat. the damn thing got ran over a car while tom cating around with the neiborhood's felines."

The cat was falling in love with my claws as it purred loudly from the back scatch of its life.
THE GAME

My Armory
Terastas
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Terastas »

Sighs, gets a drink (Mountain Dew) and closes the fridge, muttering something about hitting the 24/7 if he has to. The cat he's scritching purrs and traces circles around Eric's legs as he brushes up against them, and the other two take the first one's example, one brushing up against his legs as well and the other hopping up to join him on the couch.

"My condolances." He sets up a TV dinner table in the center of the couch and sits down on the opposite end. "My mother was a strict dog-lover, so this is my first time owning one." He idly reaches over and pets the one up the couch in between them. He takes a drink, sets it down on the table and checks his watch. "Is this the usual crowd, or is it just still to early to judge?"
Anubis
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Anubis »

"I don't really know depending on the time of the year i guess. Once i was crowed up with 10 other werewolves in a studio apartment. usually you'll probably will get about 1 or 2 of us on a full moon on average." I looked over at the clock on his wall. It read 9:46pm

"Hey look i need to get up early in the morning, i got a appointment to see my parole officer in the morning."

I saw the worried look on his face when i said "parole officer".

"Look don't worry it wasn't nothing serious. I had to sleep some where and i broke in a house that i thought was vacant."so you don't need to worry about me robbing you blind or rip your head off in the middle of the night."
THE GAME

My Armory
Terastas
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Terastas »

He looked over at the clock. It was actually an hour later than that, which he knew since he'd waited until ten to put the duck in the window.

"It's alright, I understand. I used to be homeless don't forget." He got up and took a mattress out from behind the couch -- one of three, and set it down on the floor at the far end of the room. "If someone else comes in here in gestalt form, they'll need to stick to this room too, but don't worry, if they turn anything on, I'll make sure they use headphones." He straightens up. "What time did you want to get up? Don't worry, I'm not sleeping tonight anyway."