What are your thoughts on how a werewolf would fight.

This is the place for discussion and voting on various aspects of werewolf life, social ideas, physical appearance, etc. Also a place to vote on how a werewolf should look.
Aki
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Wolfblood

Post by Aki »

Fenrir wrote:why would they not just use the hack and slash type of fighting such as bears. there is no real way to balance on one leg to kick if the usual paw shaped feet are the way you want them to looks, and the teeth would not be used because that would leave your eyes and head in a vulnerable position and since you have to shake to tear stuff off the head would be vulnerable for far to long, so the only plausible way of fighting would be to use fists/claws and arms. I can not see a werewolf holding a sword or having a gun, that would defeat the entire purpose of transforming. So hack and slash is the only way a werewolf can fight, in my own opinion.
You could bite, but it would only be plausible if you had them pinned or were on all fours or something. No shake and tear needed. Wolves have a jaw strength averaging around 1500 PSI (Pounds per square inch) and teeth designed specifically to tear off huge hunks of flesh. If a Werewolf is super naturally strong, he'll be even better at biting through flesh. He'd be snapping bones like they were candy canes. :P

I could see a WW using a gun, especially when faced with gun toting hunters. In the WW chat game that logs of are frequently posted in the RP section, there have been several times we would have died had our WWs not equiped weaponry, and still more times where we almost got killed due to this lack.

It may defeat the purpose of transforming, but in combat theres very little chance or incentive to shift back so you can switch to guns when you can do still fire them in WW form. And you'll need a gun when people are sniping you with rifles as chances are you won't see your attacker let alone get close enough to claw them to death.
JoshuaMadoc
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: HERO OF NIGHTMARES
Additional Details: I just don't care.
Mood: Indifferent

Post by JoshuaMadoc »

Set wrote:
kitetsu wrote:I'm still going to use a pair of 6 foot long escrima poles and do escrima stick-fu if i transformed, thank you very much.
Somehow I find it difficult to imagine a werewolf doing anything even remotely similar to this:

*shrug* It's possible. Not easy, yes, but it's possible.
bloodwolf_345
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Polywere Supreme

Post by bloodwolf_345 »

If a werewolf really wanted to make a living of it, he could get involved in pro wrestling. That is one place where a werewolf would fit right in. Of course hewould have his own set of moves. Cyanokick, Lobospear, WolfCycle to name a few suggested moves. The damage a werewolf could inflict on a pro wrestler and not turn him into a werewolf as well would be one hell of a match to watch...or be in, if you're the wolf.
A fractured psyche is not always a bad thing. In the world of Werewolves and Otherkin, many can exist in one host very peacefully. I am a great example of that. I have 6 different Fursonas
bloodwolf_345
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Polywere Supreme

Post by bloodwolf_345 »

Aki wrote:
Shadowblaze wrote::lol: so what if he walk;s into a vet's offoiice? as a wolf?
Oh, smart.

But i think big fraking claw marks would still raise eyebrows.

That, and that hes a Wolf.

Wolves tend to stay away from Humans, so one in a place with a Vet's office would be odd.

One getting in the office is even odder... :o
Just how is that odd, wolves need vets, too, ya know. Why shouldn't an injured werewolf want to help himself and walk into a vets office?
A fractured psyche is not always a bad thing. In the world of Werewolves and Otherkin, many can exist in one host very peacefully. I am a great example of that. I have 6 different Fursonas
Lupin
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Ninja BOFH

Post by Lupin »

bloodwolf_345 wrote:Just how is that odd, wolves need vets, too, ya know. Why shouldn't an injured werewolf want to help himself and walk into a vets office?
Because it's not something a normal wolf, or any other sort of animal would do.
Aki wrote:In the WW chat game that logs of are frequently posted in the RP section, there have been several times we would have died had our WWs not equiped weaponry, and still more times where we almost got killed due to this lack.
Yes, I am very tired of being shot [s]at[/s]. But now we have guns. :D
I don't suffer from lycanthropy, I enjoy every minute of it! Image
JoshuaMadoc
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: HERO OF NIGHTMARES
Additional Details: I just don't care.
Mood: Indifferent

Post by JoshuaMadoc »

bloodwolf_345 wrote:If a werewolf really wanted to make a living of it, he could get involved in pro wrestling. That is one place where a werewolf would fit right in. Of course hewould have his own set of moves. Cyanokick, Lobospear, WolfCycle to name a few suggested moves. The damage a werewolf could inflict on a pro wrestler and not turn him into a werewolf as well would be one hell of a match to watch...or be in, if you're the wolf.
also to add:

http://www.geocities.com/zoeanthropes2/profileyugo.html

In BR2 he was a pro boxer.
dnl
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: one wrapped in shadows

Post by dnl »

Set wrote:
Curan wrote:But think about the damage the claws of the werewolf's hintlegs could cause. Yeah they would rip deep, long wounds into their victim's flesh. :x
Actually, they would probably just leave a long, nasty scratch. Painful but not deep. The dulling of the claws from walking on them wouldn't allow them to be sharp enough to cut a deep wound. Hence why cats and velociraptors keep theirs off the ground.
but not all cats so.
Apokryltaros
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Imperial Weirdo And Insect Expert

Post by Apokryltaros »

dnl wrote:
Set wrote:
Curan wrote:But think about the damage the claws of the werewolf's hintlegs could cause. Yeah they would rip deep, long wounds into their victim's flesh. :x
Actually, they would probably just leave a long, nasty scratch. Painful but not deep. The dulling of the claws from walking on them wouldn't allow them to be sharp enough to cut a deep wound. Hence why cats and velociraptors keep theirs off the ground.
but not all cats so.
The only cat that does not have retractable claws are cheetahs.
All other species of cats have retractable claws.
"I was all of history's great acting robots: Acting Unit 0.8, Thespo-mat, David Duchovny!"
-Calculon
dnl
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: one wrapped in shadows

Post by dnl »

I'm also going to say my neighbors cat gave some one a 4inch gash. I am wrong cheetahs can slightly retract there claws.Also fishing cats are like this. There are a few spices like this in fact.
Apokryltaros
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Apokryltaros »

dnl wrote:I'm also going to say my neighbors cat gave some one a 4inch gash. I am wrong cheetahs can slightly retract there claws.Also fishing cats are like this. There are a few spices like this in fact.
A) Cheetahs have ligaments that allow the claw to be moved back and forth like other cats' claws, however, because cheetahs are the most primitive of living cats, they lack the sheaths that all other cats have to cover the claws. Furthermore, whereas other cats use their claws primarily to seize prey, cheetahs tend to use their claws to grip the ground, like the cleats on track shoes. Fishing cats, on the other hand, have normal, more modern cat claws that can be retracted into sheaths. Their paws differs from other modern cats only in that fishing cat paws are webbed.
B) What few spices are like what? Pepper and cinnamon?
"I was all of history's great acting robots: Acting Unit 0.8, Thespo-mat, David Duchovny!"
-Calculon
RedEye
Custom Title: Master of Meh
Mood: Meh...

How do Werewolves fight?

Post by RedEye »

The question was "How would a Werewolf fight?"

So far, it looks like the answer is: Stooge-Fu, Duckies, and talking people to death.

Actually, quite energy efficient! :lol: :lol: :P And Wolves are efficient.
RedEye: The Wulf and writer who might really be a Kitsune...
Apokryltaros
Legendary
Legendary

Re: How do Werewolves fight?

Post by Apokryltaros »

RedEye wrote:The question was "How would a Werewolf fight?"

So far, it looks like the answer is: Stooge-Fu, Duckies, and talking people to death.

Actually, quite energy efficient! :lol: :lol: :P And Wolves are efficient.
Primarily when it comes to voles and fieldmice.
Wolves tend to kill only one out of every ten deer they pursue.
-Calculon
RedEye

Self defense as opposed to just "Fightin'"

Post by RedEye »

I notice that there are all sorts of possible fight forms discussed here...against other Were's, Vamipres (for access to the Hair-dryer), and Werewolf Hunters.
About the last: Why not just use a GUN? :? You (the werewolf) are being stalked by the Big bad Hunter, with his/her shotgun loaded with Silver...what do you do?
You DON'T close for Hand-to-hand is what you do. There are .32 ACP pistols that come with Neck Lanyards. .32ACP is an effective self defense round at close range. There are several devastating special loads for that calibre, that do a lot of damage to their target.
And...Your typical Werehunter won't be expecting it!!
Extra precaution...Take a "Silvertip" (Actually aluminum jacketed hollowpoint), and scrape along your gums with it, filling the Hollow with--guess what---virus. Even if you wound...you remove one hunter, gain one "Disposable Target" for the other Hunters to shoot....or you might actually change someone's point of view....Permanently.
Even if you Don't shoot...you keep Distance, and in any combat, distance is your friend. The farther away your enemy is the better, and the harder you are to hit.
AND...you might just revert, run to the nearest Cop, and say "There's this Crazy that wants to Kill me......"
Werewolves (if they existed) WOULD be citizens...just like the rest of us.
Timber-WoIf
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Timber-WoIf »

lol... i like everything you said except the part about distance. Distance = the hunter's friend as well, if not more so. (As a matter of fact, thats one of the complaints about US infantry - not enough CQC training)
Deviantart? Why'd I do this?
I am relentlessly agressive

Image<--- THEY PWN U
Apokryltaros
Legendary
Legendary

Re: Self defense as opposed to just "Fightin'"

Post by Apokryltaros »

RedEye wrote: About the last: Why not just use a GUN? :? You (the werewolf) are being stalked by the Big bad Hunter, with his/her shotgun loaded with Silver...what do you do?
What if the werewolf's finger couldn't fit the trigger?
-Calculon
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Executive Producer (Red Victoria)

Post by Figarou »

Apokryltaros wrote:
RedEye wrote: About the last: Why not just use a GUN? :? You (the werewolf) are being stalked by the Big bad Hunter, with his/her shotgun loaded with Silver...what do you do?

The finger won't. But the claw will.
RedEye

Post by RedEye »

Figarou wrote:
Apokryltaros wrote:

The finger won't. But the claw will.
:lol: Inadvertently giving the Were' a proper grip and Finger position for best accuracy....Yeah, I'm a gun nut. SO???? I'd triangle with the Were' and take out the Hunter: My priorities are on straight...I think... :P

AND...there are several makes of "Itty-Bitty" .32's that will take MY meathook in a Snow glove....It's the trigger guard.
LightPaws
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: The 1st Alchemy using WerePomeranian evAr!

Post by LightPaws »

I'm new here but

Jumping:A coyote or wolf that is about 3 ft tall can jump a 6 ft fence. A werewolf would be about 7 to 9 feet, allowing it jump between 14 to 18 ft.

Battle:ww vs ww, One of them would try to assert dominance to get the other to back down. If he didn't back down, there would be circling, snap, slash and leap away, snap slash and leap away
Vuldari
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Aspiring "Reverse" Kitsune

Post by Vuldari »

LightPaws wrote:I'm new here but

Jumping:A coyote or wolf that is about 3 ft tall can jump a 6 ft fence. A werewolf would be about 7 to 9 feet, allowing it jump between 14 to 18 ft.
A little knowlage of Physics prooves your math inacurate.

Some Spiders can jump about 100x thier own height/length.

...Small Cat's about 8x...

...Large cats more like 3x...

The bigger and heavier you are, the smaller the ratio becomes.
xiphan
Pack Leader
Pack Leader
Custom Title: Life is not a neccesity, it is merely a want.

Post by xiphan »

i believe that when in that form, they lose control of themselves, and become more of a beast of some sort. probobly, thay would just charge at any living thing they saw and attempt to rip it open with fangs and/or claws
"It is but a scratch! "
"What? Your whole arm's off!"
"No it isn't!"
"What's that than?"
"I've had worse injuries before!
xiphan
Pack Leader
Pack Leader
Custom Title: Life is not a neccesity, it is merely a want.

Post by xiphan »

Apokryltaros wrote:What few spices are like what? Pepper and cinnamon?
i think he meant species, or however you spell it..
"It is but a scratch! "
"What? Your whole arm's off!"
"No it isn't!"
"What's that than?"
"I've had worse injuries before!
werewolfspirit_3
Just Bitten
Just Bitten

Post by werewolfspirit_3 »

i think it would fight like a wolf would :? ?? :evil:
RedEye

Fighting

Post by RedEye »

Yes...like a WOLF would...mouth first, fangs out. You are forgetting the Human in the mix...and Humans are expert at underhanded, dirty, nasty, off-the-wall fighting...and winning when they shouldn't.
My guess is a combination of both...probably whatever fits the situation.
First...Intimidation (see if we can avoid combat by scaring the enemy)
Second...Run-away (a winning gambit)
Third...Throw rocks, duckies, chairs (keep the space between)
Fourth...Grapple, scratch, kick-the-nards, choke...you get the idea
Fifth...Bite the daylights out of them (throat, face, whatever you can get your teeth around)
Last...Light the Bar-be-que.... :lol:
Ashrah
Just Bitten
Just Bitten
Custom Title: White Wolf

Post by Ashrah »

The best fighting technique for a werewolf IMO is to use stealth to attack hunter with silver bullets and kill them quietly. Also claws and fangs as weapons as this is all you should need too take down a mere human.
White Paw

Post by White Paw »

Smart and resourceful....... but yet also balls to the wall vicious....hell i would if i was one.... :evil: