Could a Werecreature survive with only a Gestalt form?

This is the place for discussion and voting on various aspects of werewolf life, social ideas, physical appearance, etc. Also a place to vote on how a werewolf should look.

Gestalt only Werewolf live in society today?

yes
18%
no
33%
2 - Doesn’t really care either way
48%

Total votes: 33

JoshuaMadoc
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: HERO OF NIGHTMARES
Additional Details: I just don't care.
Mood: Indifferent

Post by JoshuaMadoc »

WWs either way, when exposed, has a very likely chance of receiving an unwelcome reception much more dire than just religious extremists screaming naked of armageddon.
CanisLupus
Pack Leader
Pack Leader
Custom Title: it's so cute... AAAHHHHHHH!!!

Post by CanisLupus »

Kirk Hammett wrote:
2250- huge lycantropy scientific study. Sociologists start to study the Werewolf culture and society. Racism starts to reduce. First werewolf wins a president election, on Australia.
We have a Prime Minister here (A jackass...well he tries but he fails badly at his job, in most areas) not a President. But I must say...YES! Australia first to accept werewolf prime minister! Or I guess if in that year it's president or King or Queen ??

Haha. Australia is just as racist as America no matter what they say. Im not racist, but Im appauled at my country personally.
Fixed, thanks for the point
huh?
bloodwolf_345
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Polywere Supreme

Post by bloodwolf_345 »

mexwerewolf wrote:A werewolf (Gestalt form) could not go to school. Even if this particular WW had a very good and even submissive personality (could not hurt a fly), he would not be accepted in any school as all parents would complain of such thing. And of course, this WW would have to be "humanized". This is that he wuold have to wear clothes to cover most of his body including shoes, file his fangs and claws so they don't look sharp (or even filing them to look dull) and using some cap to hide his face and muzzle.

If this happens, the tabloids and newspaper will be covering every aspect of his life. He would never have a normal life. and I am not considering the fact about all the studies and research the goverment would want to do on him.

I think his best choice would be to be homeschooled and get some kind of job that can be performed at home (over the phone or internet).

Another important aspect could be that this particular WW would consider himself human?? After all he can't shift so he has no human form to interact with them. He would consider himself a separate species, would not try to get a date or even bother to have friends?
You covered points that not many would think of. The Werewolf would already be wearing clothes, and he would at least have to wear sandals. The cap would be going to far, this is a string about acceptance and if he had to hide his face, it would defeat the purpose of trying to fit in as he is.
If you had a birthmark that was deemed 'inhuman' by society, and you were required to hide it or you would be arrested, would you hide it, or fight the power? It is something that happened that you had no control over...it is the same thing with the werewolf. He had no choice when he was born with just the gestalt form. If acceptance only happens when he appears acceptable by society, than that isn't acceptance, that's conformity.
A fractured psyche is not always a bad thing. In the world of Werewolves and Otherkin, many can exist in one host very peacefully. I am a great example of that. I have 6 different Fursonas
RedEye
Custom Title: Master of Meh
Mood: Meh...

Spoiler!

Post by RedEye »

This was already gone over in the story of Beauty and the Beast, wasn't it?
The point of just every version of that story was that the Beast wasn't the animal...the Animal was society at large.
Beauty was Acceptance of the Spirit within the Beastial frame.
When that happened, there was no more beast.

If Messr. Brownrigg wants to make a real tearjerker of a spin-off..... :cry:
RedEye: The Wulf and writer who might really be a Kitsune...