Hair/Fur color, eye color?

This is the place for discussion and voting on various aspects of werewolf life, social ideas, physical appearance, etc. Also a place to vote on how a werewolf should look.
NightmareHero
Legendary
Legendary

Hair/Fur color, eye color?

Post by NightmareHero »

Would a werewolves fur be the same color as their hair? would their eyes remain the same color?

I have seen Brenette, I have seen blonde, but I have never seen a a red head, that would be original to see, especially if it were female. Besides, the color red has the instinctual result of instilling passion in males when looked at, thus this is its primordial symbolance. I'd prefer that they not all revert to a natural wolf color, maybe save for the older ones who have gray in their hair.

Also, keeping their eyes the same color in werewolf form denotes that they have not succomed to a savage nature, which is the sterotype in other horror movies.

As the director has stated it is not what the werewolf IS that makes them scary, but more in particular WHO it is that CAN BE scary.
ShadowFang
Legendary
Legendary
Mood: Happy

Post by ShadowFang »

I agree. If the werewolf's hair color resembles the human hair color and the eyes stay the same, then they keep who they are. Thus, that gives them more personality that way. Also, viewers will be able to distinquish who is who.
Silverfang
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Silverfang »

I always thought that idea was a good one, the werewolf's 'mane' can be the same colour as their hair for that one.
Also, keeping their eyes the same color in werewolf form denotes that they have not succomed to a savage nature, which is the sterotype in other horror movies.
*When you're down... howl*
Silverclaw
Mood: Meh...

Post by Silverclaw »

I think that most werewolves should keep their natural hair color when transformed. It would be their full body fur color though afterwards. And that they keep their original eye color, though maybe, those colors would be more bright/intense looking.

Some werewolves could get a different fur color when transformed. A reccevive gene in werewolves. The mulicolored grays with white; white; ect. Another recessive gene could be to change to golden colored eyes when transformed.
Lasthowl
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Lasthowl »

I would say the primary fur color is always the natural hair color. It may be streaked with grey or white, and streaks may grow into the mane as the change comes, but otherwise still pretty recognizable.

Eye colors would change, but within a range appropriate for the original color. Brown eyes would go golden, green eyes would go yellow-green, as would hazel. Blue eyes would likely just pale further.
Darksong17
Pack Leader
Pack Leader

Post by Darksong17 »

I think their hair and eye color should change to the closest wolf equivilent when they transform. I think that some things wolves don't get should be available to. Some differen't colorations or patterns in the fur. Some differen't eye colors.
Argyros

Post by Argyros »

Lasthowl's idea for the eye coloration is good, and I agree with Think-Harder that they should keep human-shaped. But I have my own theories as to fur coloration. I think blonde humans should become white or cream/gold wolves, which would be an accurate ratio between the number of pale blondes amongst humans and white wolves amongst a species other than arctic. Brunettes should probably turn the sort of brown/gray color combination you see most commonly amongst wolves. Same deal with redheads and black-haired people (red werewolves are awesome :D)
But I must inquire about ethnic hair types because I like the idea that lycanthropy transcends all cultures. Are your African werewolves going to have coarser fur? Are the wavy-haired people going to have curly manes? I think too deeply about such things...
I had a dream of the wide open prairies; I had a dream of the pale morning skies...