Werewolf looks

This is the place for discussion and voting on various aspects of werewolf life, social ideas, physical appearance, etc. Also a place to vote on how a werewolf should look.
Raltor
Just Bitten
Just Bitten

Post by Raltor »

PariahPoet wrote:I think the design was good, but the execution left much to be desired...
The shape was good, but the textures and lighting made it glaringly obvious that it was cg. With a little more time it could have been much better. I mean, look at Aslan in the Chronicles. I knew going in that it was 100% cg, but my family didn't know that and they thought that most of the scenes were shot with a real lion.
Yeah I agree, but over all it was one of the best Werewolves I've ever seen. Haha :lol: the Aslan thing freaked out my family just as well. They all couldn't believe how real he and the wolves looked. Even at the scene where the wolves are chasing the beavers and kids...I still swear there were real dogs involved in it, and just think...things will only get better from here. The cg later in the future will be so outstanding it will practically be realalistic...*cough*Kong*cough* :wink:
Let the hunt begin...
xiphan
Pack Leader
Pack Leader
Custom Title: Life is not a neccesity, it is merely a want.

Post by xiphan »

lol. i have seen chronicals, but i havnt seen kong.
"It is but a scratch! "
"What? Your whole arm's off!"
"No it isn't!"
"What's that than?"
"I've had worse injuries before!
psiguy
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: The pack's Linux Nerd

Post by psiguy »

What if the cg in the near future can get soo realistic, I'd just strap on a virtual reality field watch and activate it thus making me look like a werewolf for fun? :shift:

Wouldn't it be fun if the technology to augment our senses really grew powerful? This world that we live in would feel soo surreal! Seeing werewolves and furries would all be commonplace if it were to happen.

8)
www.psiguy.deviantart.com <-- My artwork and generalities.

May the force be with you!!!
MoonKit
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: That Girl With The Ferrets
Mood: Indifferent

What I think they look like....

Post by MoonKit »

Check out GoldenWolf's art. Its half form werewolves and she draws very well.

goldenwolfen.com :)
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Executive Producer (Red Victoria)

Re: What I think they look like....

Post by Figarou »

MoonKit wrote:Check out GoldenWolf's art. Its half form werewolves and she draws very well.

goldenwolfen.com :)

Already been mentioned. In fact, she is a member here. :wink:
MoonKit
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: That Girl With The Ferrets
Mood: Indifferent

Post by MoonKit »

Actually, when I think of werewolves I think of the five differnt forms, kind of like Werewolf:The Apocolypse. Their natural state is the half form, then they have a human and a wolf form. Then they have a form between wolf and half. Then another between half and human. Its complicated but I like it.
Morkulv
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Panzer Division Morkulv
Mood: RAR!

Post by Morkulv »

Scott Gardener wrote: I'd be afraid to shift if I were to lose control. If I just looked fuggly, I'd simply be annoyed every full moon.
werewolfspirit_3
Just Bitten
Just Bitten

Post by werewolfspirit_3 »

werewolves look like wolves exaccept they stand on two legs
PariahPoet
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: The one and only were-jaguarundi!

Post by PariahPoet »

Morkulv
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Morkulv »

werewolfspirit_3 wrote:werewolves look like wolves exaccept they stand on two legs
In case you didn't know, human's cannot turn into wolves, nor into upright standing wolves. I think anthro's are ok, but they are just not werewolves, IMO.
Scott Gardener wrote: I'd be afraid to shift if I were to lose control. If I just looked fuggly, I'd simply be annoyed every full moon.
PariahPoet
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: The one and only were-jaguarundi!

Post by PariahPoet »

Oh, and if you need to change a word, you don't have to go to the trouble of making a new post. Just use the edit button. :)
werewolfspirit_3
Just Bitten
Just Bitten

Post by werewolfspirit_3 »

i want my full moon back :cry:
Morkulv
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Morkulv »

Well, spamming will not do you anything good. I can assure you that much.
Evanstar
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Known to Bite

Post by Evanstar »

You know, Spam is big over in Hawaii, or so I hear. :lol:

Bad joke. :cry:
RedEye
Custom Title: Master of Meh
Mood: Meh...

Looks...

Post by RedEye »

First...how about the Eyes... Werewolves would have Human Eyes, most likely (why change what works already?)
Then...the Picture "Old_Werebirth.gif" is stunning, but these are Wolves, climbing the ladder to replace (or share with) Humanity. They are superb, but they are Wolves...not Were's.
Were's would have to be more Humanoid...Longer waisted, with Butts, not Wolf hindquarters.
The reason (at least in my stuff) that Were's look so Huge across the shoulders is that the Collar-bones stay attatched to the Shoulder-blades, making it possible for the Gestalt to run on all fours (the shoulder blades are pulled down to the sides of the ribcage, extending the "Arm" by six to eight inches, and requiring Huge Muscles along the Back to hold the Shoulders in place.) This is Visible in the Were' and is another visual clue that this isn't a Wolf... Also, the Toes are not Four, but Five (human foot) in Digitigrade position.
Little "clues" like this are what would give the Were' it's unique shape...almost, but not Wolf: Wulfen!
RedEye: The Wulf and writer who might really be a Kitsune...
Kirk Hammett
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: The Guitar Dude from Metallica

Post by Kirk Hammett »

I like Goldenwolf's, for perhaps a less scary film. I also like Van Helsing but it needed a tail.

For me a major factor is that it needs a tail. A long bushy wolf tail. Even if its a man with a wolf head and a tail. (For horror movies anyhow)

For horror films I think the wolf should be scary, vicious looking, large canines and the like, large claws (even if wolves don't technically have enormous cat claws), upright, with a bushy long tail, like a very evil and possibly more humanoid version of Goldenwolf's. Well it depends on the film too. I also didn't mind the collies from Dog Soldiers, apart from the lack of tail. I guess in horror films I like scary monsters, they can still be beautiful, but scary and strong looking at the same time, like beasts. Id imagine the shift to be very painful for a curse horror movie, and a delight for an evil power hungry werewolf.

I think a werewolf should retain some of its human characteristics, like fur colour = body hair or hair colour or both, perhaps eye colour too, (Ive never been a fan of strictly amber eyes). Perhaps the ruff could resemble part of the human hair, if you have curly hair, theres some curls in the ruff and perhaps the fur. But again, it depends how I feel :lol: the day Im writing my story.

If I was a werewolf myself, I'd want to have a Gestalt similar to Goldenwolf's, and a wolf form. And I'd keep a tail in my normal human form. Unconventional and unscientific, but who cares :P although I still prefer monkey tails haha :lol:
<b> Pack Drunk</b>
Image Image :beerwolf: :drunx:
"Animals were not made for humans, not anymore than black people were made for whites or women for men" -Alice Walker-
Roodhoor
Pack Leader
Pack Leader

Post by Roodhoor »

I absolutely adore the Werewolves that Ron Spencer made for White Wolf.

And I love Zephyn and the moonbeast. That's how i imagine the Werewolves. I don't want them too look more like humans, walking on the hind legs and having a thumb is enough for me - and they are far bigger than wolves (even than humans). As the Gestalt (or whatever one may call it) is one form that is not gained through combining the other ones, but a mix of them and far more.

(Ron Spencers' page is off unfortunately...so I will post these links, referring all to him - if there's anything wrong with it, please tell me)

[url]lhttp://www.werepenguin.net/downloads/q/earlcotton.jpg[/url]
http://www.werepenguin.net/downloads/q/ProudSpeaker.jpg
http://www.werepenguin.net/downloads/q/ ... ongMen.jpg
Eala Frya Fresena!
Lever dood as slaav.
lunarwolf
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Trying to run free
Additional Details: I look beyond the line of what a lot people call FACTS.... Because just because it's name MYTH..... Does not mean it does not exist.

Post by lunarwolf »

it seems like most ya'll have the same idea
The truth...ha...why does it matter to you? You really don't want to know the truths I know....
Kzinistzerg
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Kzinistzerg »

Xiroteus' avatar is awesome. yeah, that's pretty much what I think one should be, though I favor a thinner and taller werewolf rather than that short compact- but essentially the same.
lunarwolf
Legendary
Legendary
Additional Details: I look beyond the line of what a lot people call FACTS.... Because just because it's name MYTH..... Does not mean it does not exist.

Post by lunarwolf »

ok maybe not most yall :?
The truth...ha...why does it matter to you? You really don't want to know the truths I know....
Vuldari
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Aspiring "Reverse" Kitsune

Post by Vuldari »

Kzinistzerg wrote:Xiroteus' avatar is awesome. yeah, that's pretty much what I think one should be, though I favor a thinner and taller werewolf rather than that short compact- but essentially the same.
You mean This guy?
(Click the Image for a Larger view.)

...yeah...Quentin is cool. Image
lunarwolf wrote:it seems like most ya'll have the same idea

ok maybe not most yall :?
Greetings lunarwolf! :welcome:

Care to elaborate on your latest (second) statement? I'm just curious.
Last edited by Vuldari on Sat Jul 22, 2006 10:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Please Forgive the Occasional Outburst of my Inner Sage ... for he is Oblivious to Sarcasm, and not Easily Silenced.

=^.^'= ~
lunarwolf
Legendary
Legendary

Post by lunarwolf »

cool looking werewolf and ty for the welcome
Ashrah
Just Bitten
Just Bitten
Custom Title: White Wolf

Post by Ashrah »

It should be mostly wolf like in appearence with a little hint of humanity
greniar
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: the scholar

Post by greniar »

Raltor wrote:They all couldn't believe how real he and the wolves looked. Even at the scene where the wolves are chasing the beavers and kids...I still swear there were real dogs involved in it
Ahem............they actually used real wolves for all of the chase scenes in the movie. I saw it on a "making of" special...............they talked to the wolf trainer and she said that it was hard to make the wolves look mean during the chase scenes because they constantly wanted to play. :P :lol:
GRIFFON:I'm Griffon ,and I'm a werewolf
GIRL:your crazy!
GRIFFON:Perhaps I was too forward.
Night Rain
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Night Rain »

werewolfspirit_3 wrote:werewolves look like wolves exaccept they stand on two legs
Strange as it is, that would be my second preference after full-wolf.

I tend to see them as sleek (by movie standards) wolf-like creatures, complete with backwards knees, that are slightly human shaped, in that they have more developed hands and feet and can stand upright(ish) for a while. I also dislike the idea of adding the bulk of a wolf to that of a human like so many movies seem to do.

For references, though not exact, see the "Anubite" from Age of Mythology, the (current model of) "Gnoll" from Everquest II, and the Jackal-things (Anubite?) from The Mummy Returns. Although, I do not see them as being human-formed enough to talk, as some of these can.
In case you didn't know, human's cannot turn into wolves, nor into upright standing wolves. I think anthro's are ok, but they are just not werewolves, IMO.
What exactly can humans turn into?
"Don't mind the blood here; welcome to the slaughterhouse!"