Final Fantasy VII

Talk about movies, and whatnot, upcoming flicks, and current releases.
Terastas
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Spare Pelican

Post by Terastas »

Blade-of-the-Moon wrote:Isn't he in Kingdom Hearts 2 also ? I was looking at screencaps of the POTC segment and ran across some others that look like him battling the main character.
Both Vincent Valentine, and his closest lookalike, Auron from FFX, have been confirmed for appearances in KH2. It also wouldn't surprise me for both characters to have to battle the main character, seeing as Vincent has a demonic side to him (represented by his LIMIT attacks) and Auron [spoiler]is an unsent, IE: a FFX version of the living dead[/spoiler].
Akela
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Glimmerwaik

Post by Akela »

Auron's awesome too bad Final Fantasy games are so tedious and time consuming or I would've beaten it. The only final fantasy I beat was three because the storyline was so awesome.

It didn't have any of that hot girl summoner or Chocobo Bull S*** either which immensely pleases me.
Terastas
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Terastas »

Tedious and time consuming? How is it supposed to have a plot otherwise?
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Executive Producer (Red Victoria)

Post by Figarou »

forsaken_wolf
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Present of Darkness

Post by forsaken_wolf »

yes it comes out on April 25 can't wait to see it.
"lolis"
Terastas
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Terastas »

Figarou wrote:DVD release date.... 4-25-06

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000AM ... 4906?n=130
*curses his former employers for not paying him for his last week, but otherwise is exited*
forsaken_wolf
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Present of Darkness

Post by forsaken_wolf »

okay I finaly watched it on monday after school, I borrowed it from a friend and it was a pretty good movie but If choosed to have the movie or the game I would go for the game and yea was pretty cool with the fighting scenes except the mother thing was stupid. :lol:
"lolis"
Terastas
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Terastas »

Still haven't been payed for for my first (and as a result, my last) day of work, so I still haven't seen it yet. I have, however, found a pair of clips on Youtube that at least gave me forewarning about the voice acting:

Cloud & Red XIII
Everyone Else

Hmmm. . . Well, Cloud, Barret and Tifa have decent voice actors, and while Yuffie's voice is annoying, I'm going to let it pass because, all thing's considered, that's in-character for her.

But what does Vincent sound like Wesley Snipes as Blade?
Why does Cid sound like a Bayou ferryman?
Why does Red XIII sound like Galadriel from The Lord of the Rings?
And why is Cait Sith Scottish?!
:blink:
23Jarden
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: You guys want some cookIES!?

Post by 23Jarden »

I just got done watching it a couple of hours ago... Occasionally I hard time noticing that the city was CGI and not live. I liked the explosions and the fighting. I had a hard time bonding with the storyline though. It was all over the place. BTW Cloud's bike is awesome! :P
"There are no stupid questions. However, there are many inquistive idiots."
Fenrir
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Fenrir »

But what does Vincent sound like Wesley Snipes as Blade?

Isn't he a Vampire? Oh well i thought it was ok

Why does Cid sound like a Bayou ferryman?

Iam still not sure...... but who would allow a redneck to fly the plane is still beyond me

Why does Red XIII sound like Galadriel from The Lord of the Rings?

I thought it was pretty good

And why is Cait Sith Scottish?!

Because he wants to be :P
Terastas
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Terastas »

I just rented it, and even though five of the nine PCs were essentially just cameos, I still loved it. However, I have one more gripe. . . Well. . . I think it's just a gripe -- it depends on what kind of answer I get.

Correct me if I'm mistaken, but wasn't Tseng killed in the game?
Evanstar
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Known to Bite

Post by Evanstar »

First, I love this movie and all the games, I own them all (with the exception of Final Fantasy III which wasn't released in NA, the one released here is actually VI not III. Long confusing story there :lol:). I thought the movie was everything it should be and was so pleased with it I've watched it over a dozen times. It truly is amazing. Hell, even my Mom came over while I was watching it and sat down and watched it too and liked it, so there you go.

As for Tseng, unfortunately, the story line can be confusing. Such as when Aeris said she and Tseng were childhood friends but if you recall in the game there was a scene when he goes to Aeris's house and demands Elmrya give him Aeris's as a child (and he was an adult). I chop it up mostly to inconsitincies.

If I recall correctly, Tsengs death was a mistranslation that was corrected later in the PC version (I'll look this up, it has peeked my curiosity). But I am fairly certain that no, he did not in fact die and if so it was merely a goof.

I currently play FFXI online, here is a picture of me and Fenrir. (75 SMN/WHM/BLM). I need to stop playing but I truly love the game.

Thanks for leading me to this link Anubis. hwlwnk
Vuldari
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Aspiring "Reverse" Kitsune

Post by Vuldari »

Evanstar wrote:First, I love this movie and all the games, I own them all (with the exception of Final Fantasy III which wasn't released in NA, the one released here is actually VI not III. Long confusing story there :lol:)
FF III (the Real one) is being released in America now.

According to IGN, the entire game is being translated into 3D, while staying remarkably true to the original in most other respects.

...very interesting...
Evanstar
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Evanstar »

True but it is only being released to the Nintendo DS, it hasn't been released but it will be. While I can purchase the new system to play this one game, I'm hesitant but I'll think about it. I wish they would release it for the PS2 or PS3. :cry:
Terastas
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Terastas »

Evanstar wrote:I currently play FFXI online, here is a picture of me and Fenrir. (75 SMN/WHM/BLM). I need to stop playing but I truly love the game.
One thing I've been meaning to ask about the online FFXI, is it overrun with hackers, lamers and people that just like having fun at the expense of others like all the other online games?
Evanstar
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Evanstar »

Terastas wrote:
Evanstar wrote:I currently play FFXI online, here is a picture of me and Fenrir. (75 SMN/WHM/BLM). I need to stop playing but I truly love the game.
One thing I've been meaning to ask about the online FFXI, is it overrun with hackers, lamers and people that just like having fun at the expense of others like all the other online games?
Sadly, the answer to your question is yes. I started out as all players did, before there were all the hacks and programs that are now common. When I first heard of someone "tele-hacking" I had no clue what that meant. I am in a LS ran by my husband, myself and two very close real life friends. We do great things with our members but realize that since we don't "cheat" with bots and hacks certain things will never be obtainable to us. It is hard sometimes, we want to kill the big things in "end game" but we refuse to cheat and therefore we won't ever be able to claim them, it's just the way it is.

As for the lamers and folks having fun at other people's expense, this is also true. The drama has made me have self imposed "breaks" from time to time. I don't shell out good money to play each month for that. I have enough going on in real life.

I suppose I still play mostly for my friends. Our linkshell has been around for over two years now although we recently started end game activities (that don't require bots to win claim on). Friends are what make the game at least for me. We even have a voice server and all get on and chat and are like a family of sorts.

Anyhow I got off subject there but it is a fun game and you can meet some wonderful people there. :D
nekocj
Legendary
Legendary

Post by nekocj »

23Jarden wrote:I just got done watching it a couple of hours ago... Occasionally I hard time noticing that the city was CGI and not live. I liked the explosions and the fighting. I had a hard time bonding with the storyline though. It was all over the place. BTW Cloud's bike is awesome! :P
Heh his bike is called "Fenrir" actually and yes it is awesome, I plan on building one in the not so near future lol. That is a major expense at the top of my list. fabricating the frame and the fiberglass parts will be the most expensive pain. Probably have someone else handle that.

Also The voices wouldn't be lame (Wesley snipes, Bayou ferryman, Scottish Cait Sith) if you watched it in Subs :wink: which in my opinion is a hell of a lot better.

I am a tremendous FF7 fan, it is my favorite game and in my opinion the best game ever created, ever. I love everything about FF7 (except Aeris's death :cry: ) and a fun fact, Red XIII's real name is Nanaki! Makes me want to hug him :D

I was a little cautious about this movie at first but it was perfect! In my opinion it did plenty of justice to the series and I wish they would make up their damn minds about remaking the game on PS3. I keep hearing, it's not going to happen and then I hear it is going to happen but then everyone says it was never going to happen yet they tease us with the stupid tech demo. Grrr come on square say it with me! *Cha-Ching*! If you liked that sound then you would follow through :wink: Just don't change the story! Change nothing except the graphics. In any case this movie was a heck of a lot better than Final Fantasy: Spirits Within. Anyone else agree on that note?

-Neko
Shadow Wulf
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Shadow Wulf »

Allow me to tell you myself. The tech demo you have just seen was just ploy by square enix to take all your money on preorder and then keep announcing to the world of its delays over and over.

Muahahahaha :evillaugh:
Every government degenerates when trusted to the rulers of the people alone. The people themselves are its only safe depositories. - Thomas Jefferson
Image Image
nekocj
Legendary
Legendary

Post by nekocj »

Oooh Why those dirty double crossing :lol:

Yeah I know it was all a ploy but it was still beautiful and makes for a wonderful dream :lol:

-Neko