strykeriuswolf
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: ARMY Wolf

9/11/2001

Post by strykeriuswolf »

:( WHERE WERE YOU THAT FAITFULL DAY OF 9/11/2001 :(

share your comments and anything you want about that day

**MY CONDOLENCES TO ANY PEOPLE ON THIS SITE THAT MIGHT HAVE LOST ANYBODY THAT DAY**
I dun care what people say about us furries, I'm darn proud to be one and have always been proud. POWER TO THE FURRIES
Kirk Hammett
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: The Guitar Dude from Metallica

Post by Kirk Hammett »

I remember that day actually. I woke up (I live in Australia btw) and couldn't believe my eyes when I saw it on the news that morning. My family was watching it. Everyone had their lights on that morning for respect, we did also. I would have been in high school that day.
<b> Pack Drunk</b>
Image Image :beerwolf: :drunx:
"Animals were not made for humans, not anymore than black people were made for whites or women for men" -Alice Walker-
Curan
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Wor'Kai

Post by Curan »

Who could forget that special date? I still remember it very well. I just had come home from work as a friend of mine called me to tell me I should implicitly switch my tv on. I was shocked about that I saw in the news. I couldn't believe what I had been watching there and my first thought was while I had been seeing the WTC burning: "This means war."
Homo lupo lupus est.
Scisne, homo, quod lupum essendum profecto significat?
silverpaw
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: I Bite, You've Been Warned ^_^

Post by silverpaw »

Heh, i remember that well. I was young and stupipd so i didnt really grasp what had happened, but i worked it out pretty fast. I was enraged and rather shocked at the whole event.
Nowdays, i get so angry to think of it, and it's pointless waste for life.
I hated being younger and not understanding.

MoonKit
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: That Girl With The Ferrets
Mood: Indifferent

Post by MoonKit »

I was in eighth grade english class. and my teacher got a call over the phones we had in class. Then she told us and we were all completly shocked. The teachers were just quiet and it was weird to see them like that.

There were a couple of kids who were worried about family members that worked around there. (one was a boy i liked at the time) But luckily, we found out later that they both had decided to stay home that day, just for the hell of it. Its surprising how many people did that.

Then the kids started going home one by one as their parents came to pick them up. My mother came to pick me up too and I remember the walk home so well because it was so quiet. There was no noise anywhere. Then we watched the news for the rest of the day.

Isnt it horrible that all those people who decided to help that day are now coming down with all kinds of health problems from helping. Thats crazy.
You are the only light there is for yourself my friend
silverpaw
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: I Bite, You've Been Warned ^_^

Post by silverpaw »

What do you mean about health problems?
I was in year 5,..i think.

PariahPoet
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: The one and only were-jaguarundi!

Post by PariahPoet »

I was a senior in highschool and was sitting in my Physics class when the principal came over the speaker and told all the teachers to turn on their tvs.
I was devastated for the families who lost loved oned in the attacks, so I tried to keep myself busy looking up information for the school paper so it wouldn't be so overwhelming. It didn't scare me because I was in the middle of nowhere and there is no way any attacks would come our way and I knew we could demolish that place if we so chose, but it was so sad to think of all the people who lost dear friends or family.
I just wish all the killing would stop. :( I don't understand why. What disagreement can be so bloody important that people have to die over it?
Fang
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Fang »

I was downtown, having just had work done on my braces
when my mom and I saw it on tv at general store.
I was in grade 6 at the time but it still touched something.
They were my two favorite buildings in my favorite city
Last edited by Fang on Wed Jul 19, 2006 12:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dulce et decorum est pro patria mori :P
Set
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Devil in disguise

I smell a rat...

Post by Set »

And you're bringing this up...why?

I was in school, watching it on the tv. Why they let us watch it I have no idea. As much as people try and shelter kids from OMG, VIOLENCE!!! it seems strange that the teachers would show us that.

What I don't get is how so many people ended up dying. It's not like jet planes are small. Or quiet. How you could not see/hear that coming I have no idea.
Xodiac
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Xodiac »

I was working.

I live on the west coast (Seattle, specifically) and at the tiem I had a temp job, running 10 pm to 6 am. I got home shortly after 6 (the location was very near my apartment), which is shortly after 9 am on the east coast. I found my roommate already awake, having suffered from bad dreams. The tv was on, and he was watching events unfold. The second plane had hit only just before I got there.

Normally I went to bed after I got home. I stayed up watching until 11 am or noon (pacific time) before I just had to sleep. It was a very intense morning.
MoonKit
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: That Girl With The Ferrets
Mood: Indifferent

Post by MoonKit »

I heard a report that some of the firfighters and police men who helped came down with asbestos poisoning. :(

Thats crazy...save someones life and u get sick.
You are the only light there is for yourself my friend
shey
Legendary
Legendary

Post by shey »

That was my birthday sucked everyone was freaking out and the gas stations had cars around the block.

I was at school when it happened it was my tenth birthday people joke i am bad luck :roll:
Short Tail
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Resident Chakat

Post by Short Tail »

I was walking to spanish class and was in eighth grade when I first heard rummors of a plane hitting a building. I asked around but our school kept it hush hush and made us do work like normal because it would tramatize us so I didnt really find out until about 4 pm when I got home.
"War is over if you want it to be. Imagine all the people living life in peace." - John & Yoko
Vuldari
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Aspiring "Reverse" Kitsune

Post by Vuldari »

I was sleeping-in that day, and my mother barged into my bedroom to wake me up and tell me, in a frenzied panic...

" Joe Joe...Wake up! ...New York and the Pentagon have been attacked...come quick"

(I don't recall her exact words, but that is close enough)

Her choice of words were enough to nearly give me a heart attack.

I promptly leaped out of bed and ran to the TV in my underwear, fearing I would find that the entire cities of New York and Washington DC had been wiped out by atomic bombs, and I was witnessing the beginning of WW3.

...It's horrible, I know, but I was quite relieved to find that it was only a trio of crashed airplanes, and not the nuclear hollocaust.

I was glued to the TV set for the entire remainder of the day, waiting for the latest news and was horrified as I watched the first tower, and then the second crumble and fall LIVE on the national news.

...I couldn't bring myslef to respond to this thread last night...

I'm tearing up again just thinking about it.

I'll never forget that day. ...American or not, I don't think any of us Ever will...
outwarddoodles
Custom Title: I'm here! What more do you want?

Post by outwarddoodles »

I regret being too young to understand that day.

I was only in third grade, and matters in my town or school were the only ones that existed to me. I do remember being suspicious, though, as my teachers were starting to act very odd that day. The morning announcements urged all students to go strait home when school was over, and cancelled all after school activities for the day.

When I got home, I found my Mother and Step Father glued in front of the TV. I could tell from the attitude of everyone around me that what had happened was dreadful, and I could only look at the terrifying images on the screen and wonder.

But at my young age, I had no understanding that people actually died. I only saw burning buildings. Growing up and looking back, I'm sickened by the whole ordeal.

I couldn't understand why so many people had to die.
I couldn't understand what drives people to do that.
I couldn't understand the destructive power of human hate.

And I still don't.
"We are not always what we seem, and hardly ever what we dream."
strykeriuswolf
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: ARMY Wolf

Post by strykeriuswolf »

I have to say Vuldari tat i felt the same way...we watched it in class and i and the teacher were the only ones that knew it wasnt an accident...its a really sad thing but that is why im glad they decided to make that movie, in case you havent seen the trailers, both Anubis(he posted it first) and myself have things under the General Film :(
I dun care what people say about us furries, I'm darn proud to be one and have always been proud. POWER TO THE FURRIES
geekboy1500
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Lover of Life

Post by geekboy1500 »

i was also in third grade when this happenned, odd really
my school started at 9:30 Central time, so i saw it before i went to school.
I really didnt understand, it was only after i got to school that it really hit me, what had happenned, and my teacher, Mrs. Kehoe (bless her heart) told us [ in third grade terms] what the hell was going on other than that it was a normal school day.

i live in a conservitive town of less than 100,000 people.
i do not think ANYONE knew what the F@#$ was going on
but i still see those planes
crashing into those towers
in my nightmears
The Think Geek Annoy-o-Tron, insanity in convenient attractive box.
Shadow Wulf
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Shadow Wulf »

Lets see, I was in critical thinking class that day untill the principle orderd everyone to turn on the news channel immediatly. I saw one of the twin towers was on fire, I couldnt figure out why they stopped all the classes for a fire, then my teacher told us n her own words, "For those of you who dont know whats happening now....we have been attacked, by terrorist. I was shocked when I heard this, "A real terrorist attack!?!" I said to myself, until that day all I known about terrorists has been in movies and video games. But this was very real. When the second plane hit the second tower my jaw dropped to the floor as I was seeing these guys comminting suicide bombing on our own turf, "who do they think thier messing with?" I thought. About 15 minutes later, I told the class that I bet within a few years hollywood would come out a movie for this, even then I knew how hollywood worked. What really caught my attention is when I started seeing people jumping out of some of the mid floors in the towers, I was like "Holy s***! Their committing Hara Kari!!, but it was either that or burn to death. That day left a mark on my memories for the rest of my life.
Every government degenerates when trusted to the rulers of the people alone. The people themselves are its only safe depositories. - Thomas Jefferson
Image Image
Scott Gardener
Legendary
Legendary
Mood: Excited

Post by Scott Gardener »

I was a resident at the time, but I happened to be working ER that month. I worked the same ER as the attending physician one year later.

I remember walking into the physician's dining room that morning to get something to eat, when I noticed the news on TV about a plane having hit one of the towers. I went back to the ER and told the others--the attending Dr. Cantu and the nursing staff--and we watched the news unfold. We thought at first that it was just a tragic accident, until the second plane hit--we saw it live, while they were still talking about the first impact. That's when we knew it was terrorism. Then, the news a number of minutes later showed an impact on the Pentagon. At that point, I looked at Dr. Cantu and said, "we're under attack." I dimly remember the patients I saw that day, but most of my attention was on the national events--evacuating the Capitol building, civil conflicts in Afghanistan that evening, and so forth.
Taking a Gestalt approach, since it's the "in" thing...
Silverclaw
Mood: Meh...

Post by Silverclaw »

I think I was in 11th grade. I walked into my Horse Management class, and saw the tv was out but turned away from the desks, where a couple teachers were watching. As more people came into the class room, they started asking what was going on, rumors and stuff where just starting to go around. The teacher turned off the tv, said she was told they were not allowed to tell or show us anything. Instead of starting class,she let everybody just talked to each other, wondering what had happened. The girl behind me pulled out some hand-held radio thing with head phones and listened to the news. We would wait to hear what she said. Something about a plane crashing into a building in New York City. I didnt even know what the World Trade Center was back then at the time. And I was thinking it was some little, one-person aircraft, not a huge airplane. In the next class, I had a better idea of what was going on, because our art teacher let us listen to the class radio. I remember how quiet everyone was, even the group of boys who were always loud and joking around. Soon, an announcment came on the speakers, telling us we where leaving school early. I was worrying about my dad, because I remember he was supposed to be on a plane flight either that day or day after, didnt rember which. Good thing he was supposed to leave on Sep 12th I found out later.
Came home and the first thing I saw was my parents watching everything on tv. I'm not sure if I saw the second plane crash live or not. Did see them fall live though. Watched it all day, and watched a lot of the news all that week. I remember just about every channel was playing nothing but WTC news constintly for a very long time, and all the airports were shut down.
Morkulv
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Panzer Division Morkulv
Mood: RAR!

Post by Morkulv »

Just at home when all the TV-channels switched to the news.
Scott Gardener wrote: I'd be afraid to shift if I were to lose control. If I just looked fuggly, I'd simply be annoyed every full moon.
Silverfan
Just Bitten
Just Bitten

Post by Silverfan »

I just got off work.i was driving home and heard it all on the news.I was ina recruters office the next day. To keep this short.I lost a total of 10 freinds in the towers. When this all hapened i was shocked and and angry.Became very bitter after that.It is still a sore subject.I still remebe that day.It is a shame it takes something like that to bring a counrty together.I proudly wave my flags and support my troop.Even though they shouldnt be there now.May they all come home safe.
The wild my home.Darkeness my mother.Blood my life.Knowlege my Quest.