TMNT

Talk about movies, and whatnot, upcoming flicks, and current releases.
Anubis
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Eletist Jerk

TMNT

Post by Anubis »

THE GAME

My Armory
wolfenknight
Legendary
Legendary

Post by wolfenknight »

wow I cannot wait to see it.
Merrypaws
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Merrypaws »

Awww, slam. Only gives a broken vid symbol to me.
Do we really need the solution? Couldn't we just enjoy the problem for now?
Anubis
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Eletist Jerk

Post by Anubis »

then you need to update quicktime
THE GAME

My Armory
geekboy1500
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Lover of Life

Post by geekboy1500 »

(my mac does it automatically)
I really don't want to see it i really didn't like the tv show
so i doubt i would like the movie
The Think Geek Annoy-o-Tron, insanity in convenient attractive box.
Fenrir
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Fenrir »

Ok they should have either done it live action or 2D
Vuldari
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Aspiring "Reverse" Kitsune

Post by Vuldari »

Anubis wrote:then you need to update quicktime
I have the latest version of Quicktime, but no matter what I do, the video will not play for me from the movie website, in IE or Firefox.

It either does absolutely nothing (I tried leaving the page open for over an hour), or a question mark appears over the 'Q'.

...the only way I was able to see it was by following a link to apples website where they had "high definition" versions...and those DID play for me.

Overall, I'm curious...but the trailer really tells nothing about the story behind this one...and as for the animation....

...I'm sorry, but this looks hardly better than an above-average videogame CG intro sequence.

As I understand it, aside from the familiar sounding voices, this version is not based on either the cartoon series(s) or the live action films, but is instead a re-set taking the story, the mood and the characters back to how they were in the original comics.

I'll probobly see it, being a long-time "TMNT" fan...but I wish they had created better character models for the turtles. They just look cheap, IMHO.
Please Forgive the Occasional Outburst of my Inner Sage ... for he is Oblivious to Sarcasm, and not Easily Silenced.

=^.^'= ~
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Executive Producer (Red Victoria)

Post by Figarou »

Vuldari wrote:
Overall, I'm curious...but the trailer really tells nothing about the story behind this one.....
Thats because its a "teaser trailer." :wink:
Stone Wolf
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Stone Wolf »

..I can't believe they made another movie... I was sure any more thoughts of making another movie would have died when the last movie was made... Oh well...
Terastas
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Spare Pelican

Post by Terastas »

My first reaction was "Oh God, you've got to be kidding. They remade it again?"

But I have to be honest, after seeing the trailer, I have to admit it looks like they did a good job on this one. They actually look like teenagers and look like ninjas for once.
Shadow Wulf
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Shadow Wulf »

Aww man they should have done a live action movie, I like the first 2 they made, the third one was alright.

mabey we might see vannilla ice in this one. :lol:
Every government degenerates when trusted to the rulers of the people alone. The people themselves are its only safe depositories. - Thomas Jefferson
Image Image
Vuldari
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Vuldari »

Figarou wrote:
Vuldari wrote:Overall, I'm curious...but the trailer really tells nothing about the story behind this one.....
Thats because its a "teaser trailer." :wink:
The point of my statement is lost if you don't complete it.

I was saying that, because they did not share any of the story, then they were clearly trying to grab my attention with thier animation style alone, but that I was unimpressed with thier animation and character design, and therefore mostly unimpressed with the prospects of the film so-far...at least untill I learn a little bit more.

Their faces look so flat and featureless...and they barely show expression. ...plus, it looks like someone sat on thier heads or something. *squish*
Neilak20
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Neilak20 »

Vuldari wrote: Their faces look so flat and featureless...and they barely show expression. ...plus, it looks like someone sat on thier heads or something. *squish*
Their heads reminded me of the Gieco Gekko from those insurance commercials.
Also I had to look up the trailer on Youtube since I got one of those broken quicktime symbol thingies (am to lazy to download the new version).
Terastas
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Spare Pelican

Post by Terastas »

Umm. . . About the flat heads. . . Need I remind you that their turtles? I'm guessing the "compact" look you're talking about is so they can animate them pulling into their shells. Remember how crappy that looked in the costume movies?
Vuldari
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Vuldari »

Terastas wrote:Umm. . . About the flat heads. . . Need I remind you that their turtles? I'm guessing the "compact" look you're talking about is so they can animate them pulling into their shells. Remember how crappy that looked in the costume movies?
Yes...I am well aware of what turtles look like, as well as how they have appeared in all of thier incarnations, right back to the original comics (which were never really intended to become a REAL series. It was only supposed to be a spoof, originally).

I'm a long-time Turtles fan, and still have my small collection of the original action figures, including a first-run "Turtle Van" from the first cartoon series adaptation.
(None of which is in undamaged condition. I was a little kid back then. ...I PLAYED with my toys...)

I just don't like the look of them at all in this new version. They just look too cheap, distorted and simple...

...and not in an artisticly stylish sort of way. More like an ugly, amateur, first try at CG animated characters sort of way...

In fact...I think the characters in "Kaze" suffered from a similar sort of unpleasant, undesirable distortion in their faces.

I just don't like it.

...and though the detail and lighting effects are high in the rooftop animation sequence in the TMNT trailer, the supposed "Ninjutsu" choreography the turtles display at the end (especially Leonardos) looked anything but impressive, professional or even close to authentic.

There is just so much I am NOT impressed with in this teaser...

CG animation has been around far too long for highly detailed static objects (like buildings) with realistic light and shadow in 3D rendered landscapes to be enough to be cool any more. Thats par for the course.

You have to do something Interesting with the characters to make it stand out, like Pixar does.

...so far all I see is unpleasant looking turtles using phoney baloney Ninjutsu...

I'm very pessamistic about this one. The story and character diologue will need to be either spectacular, or at least gut-bustingly funny to make up for these inherant shortcommings, IMO. ...because the animation is not going to stand up on it's own.
Please Forgive the Occasional Outburst of my Inner Sage ... for he is Oblivious to Sarcasm, and not Easily Silenced.

=^.^'= ~
Shadow Wulf
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Shadow Wulf »

My gosh Vuldari, you so netpicky. If you were to find so much as a single grain of sand in your house you would freak out. :lol:
Every government degenerates when trusted to the rulers of the people alone. The people themselves are its only safe depositories. - Thomas Jefferson
Image Image
Vuldari
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Vuldari »

Shadow Wulf wrote:My gosh Vuldari, you so netpicky. If you were to find so much as a single grain of sand in your house you would freak out. :lol:
Actually...I only just finally cleaned the dirty clothes off the floor of my room after over a week, and my two dogs shed soo much that I have all but given up trying to clean the dog hair out of the carpet.

TMNT is one of my old favorite franchises, and I'm picky about all movies in general.

I have certain standards I expect from both, and the trailer doesn't stand up to any of them.

I still say it looks like a merely slightly above average videogame intro sequence. Some of the cut-scenes in the latest FF games look twice as good.