Therianthrope Info

The place for anything at all...
strykeriuswolf
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: ARMY Wolf

Therianthrope Info

Post by strykeriuswolf »

I dun care what people say about us furries, I'm darn proud to be one and have always been proud. POWER TO THE FURRIES
FireStorm
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: The Wolfs Vampire lover

Post by FireStorm »

Hmm I recognise this info, I think I know who you got it off :lol:
strykeriuswolf
Legendary
Legendary

Post by strykeriuswolf »

Boy i wounder....could it be your mate?
I dun care what people say about us furries, I'm darn proud to be one and have always been proud. POWER TO THE FURRIES
FireStorm
Legendary
Legendary

Post by FireStorm »

hmm you know it just might be :lol:
Silverfan
Just Bitten
Just Bitten

Post by Silverfan »

*looks around* Me?? no never hehe.Yes it was me. :wink: He asked a few questions so i figure.Hey what the hoo and sent it.lol.I hope it helps answer some questions. Now on a seriuos note.The person who showed me this.Compiled all the info.I think she did a very good job and has shared it in a few places.Im glad I was betten to the post . :D

*nips Firestorm* Miss me hehehe
The wild my home.Darkeness my mother.Blood my life.Knowlege my Quest.
Set
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Devil in disguise

My $.02

Post by Set »

It's decent. Spelling and grammar aside, I still have my little nitpicks with the information you posted.
(The word were was also common for some time, as a reference to other part human part animal shapeshifting creatures of legend such as werewolves, weretigers and the like, but is much less common these days. One reason might be a growing consensus and wider awareness that the prefix simply means "man", and not "part human, part ___", as is often assumed)
Ahem. No. I remember when they started to switch everything over. It was to get away from all the crap that went with the word "were", like the association with physical shifting. It was an attempt to get people to take them a little more seriously.
Shift Sub-Types
Aura
Berserker
Bi-Location
Lucid Dream
Personality
Shadow
These are not commonly used terms. Most therians do not experience these, with the exception of the dream shift, which is usually called just that - a dream shift - regardless of lucidity (or lack thereof). There also doesn't seem to be much of a distinction between personality and mental shifts. Aside from a brief mention in a few articles here and there I've never seen the term used.
Related Terms
Antherions
Poly-shifter
Again, not common terms. Until now I've never even seen the word "antherion". Don't expect to come across it.
Poly-shifter
These are more commonly known in otherkin circles as polymorphs. They are also sometimes referred to as metamorphs, white boards, or chameleons.
Newly awakened Therians often experience dreams in which they are being chased by their theriotype,often resulting in them being caught and devoured.In these cases,most report a feeling of inner peace and oneness with the animal.The current popular theory is that this is a subconscious attempt to meld the human and animal aspects of the individual.
I've never met a single therian who's described this, though I have seen it pop up in the occasional article or book - usually a badly written one.
Speech and simple everyday tasks may become difficult as they become disassociated from their human aspect.
Yeah, that...doesn't happen.
The most intense or deep shifts result in a complete animal mentality for the duration.They lose the capability for speech and act and move in the manner of their theriotype.All capability for rational human thought is lost.
See above. While I've heard of things like this, I've never come across an instance where it's actually happened.
Vuldari
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Aspiring "Reverse" Kitsune

Post by Vuldari »

Thank You Set.

There really is a bit too much mis-information that gets passed around, and repeated on this, and related subjects...and alot of people looking for solid, reliable info end up terribly confused and lost as a result.

Things like the "Chasing" dream are facinating to read about, but indeed...they are anything but Common.

...and the examples of loss of speach and fully animalistic mentalities are not typical examples of theriantropy at it's extremes...but rather extremely, extremely rare cases of a very dangerous variety of Mental Disorder.

If you ever find yourself experiencing symptoms of that magnitude...don't seek Therian Message boards for guidance...seek professional Medical attention IMMEDIATELY. That kind of thing is no laughing matter. It could be a sign of a very serious medical condition, possibly steming from some kind of brain damage, disease or a cancerous tumor...or serious psychological issues not related to spirituality.

Heatlhy people don't just Loose things like that..not even just "temporarily"...
Please Forgive the Occasional Outburst of my Inner Sage ... for he is Oblivious to Sarcasm, and not Easily Silenced.

=^.^'= ~
FireStorm
Legendary
Legendary

Post by FireStorm »

Hmm thank you Set and Vuldari. :)

*Nips Silverfan back* Ofcourse I did :D
strykeriuswolf
Legendary
Legendary

Post by strykeriuswolf »

well like i said i got this from somebody else...never truely went over it looking for errrors, if you would like i could do that for all of you?
Kirk Hammett
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: The Guitar Dude from Metallica

Post by Kirk Hammett »

Poly-Shifter
There are some Therians that claim that they have no specific theriotype, and that they can shift to any animal should the occasion or wish to do so arise. Even so,they often have 'favourite' animals which they shift to most for preference.They are sometimes referred to as Shape-Shifters.
This is probably me. I had no idea there was a name for it in the therianthrope community and I don't really associate it with therianthropy online community terms either, but that's just me. But Im not really sure, I just know I can shift into what I like, and have many memories of such creatures.

It's not so much favourite animals as those needed for a situation. Many spiritualities do this, like taking on the 'strength of a bear' or the balance of a raptor or cat. (I use raptor feet haha). It's a psychological thing and it works too. :howl:  :oo . I also get dream shifts and common phantom limbs as well as uncontrolled shifts and feelings of various animals, but there are ones that occur most often.

But as I said, I have never come across that term but I stopped looking into therianthropy not too long ago because the boards scared me, people seemed confronting, though they tried to say they weren't. No offence intended of course lck I'm a shy, nervous person.
<b> Pack Drunk</b>
Image Image :beerwolf: :drunx:
"Animals were not made for humans, not anymore than black people were made for whites or women for men" -Alice Walker-
strykeriuswolf
Legendary
Legendary

Post by strykeriuswolf »

I know what your saying Kirk, most of the sites that i have seen and the one i have joined they are upfront about many things, but because of that it is almost always helpfull, i guess they do it to know what is going on and to try to help :D
Merrypaws
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Merrypaws »

If you want feedback, I'd recommend posting this at Werenation, which, I can say from personal experience, is one of the more helpful and open minded communities out there. I've met people with all kinds of stories and beliefs over there, and gotten plenty of help to my own spiritual problems.
You'll need to register, but hey, small price to pay.

Yea, yea, shameless plug, but it's probably the one and only therian forum which I check daily, so...
Do we really need the solution? Couldn't we just enjoy the problem for now?
geekboy1500
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Lover of Life

Post by geekboy1500 »

they prettymuch have this same info at alt.horror.werewolves
The Think Geek Annoy-o-Tron, insanity in convenient attractive box.
Set
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Set »

Kirk Hammett wrote:
Poly-Shifter
There are some Therians that claim that they have no specific theriotype, and that they can shift to any animal should the occasion or wish to do so arise. Even so,they often have 'favourite' animals which they shift to most for preference.They are sometimes referred to as Shape-Shifters.
This is probably me. I had no idea there was a name for it in the therianthrope community and I don't really associate it with therianthropy online community terms either, but that's just me.
To find such a person in the therianthrope community is rare. You're alot more likely to run into them on otherkin forums. Because of their nature (and partly due to the attitude of some therians) they tend to gravitate to the otherkin, who are more accepting of them.

Polymorphs (which, by the way, is the most common term for them) are generally considered otherkin, not therians.
MoonKit
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: That Girl With The Ferrets
Mood: Indifferent

Post by MoonKit »

Silverfan wrote:*looks around* Me?? no never hehe.Yes it was me. :wink: He asked a few questions so i figure.Hey what the hoo and sent it.lol.I hope it helps answer some questions. Now on a seriuos note.The person who showed me this.Compiled all the info.I think she did a very good job and has shared it in a few places.Im glad I was betten to the post . :D

*nips Firestorm* Miss me hehehe

So youve read "The Magick of Shapeshifting" ? I recognize some of that info from that book. :wink: Very well worded though.
You are the only light there is for yourself my friend
strykeriuswolf
Legendary
Legendary

Post by strykeriuswolf »

Actually no i did not, i got this info from a dear friend named Silverfan...and some info that is stored in my head, i also need to get some more info and i will add it soon.... :D
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Executive Producer (Red Victoria)

Post by Figarou »

MoonKit wrote:
So youve read "The Magick of Shapeshifting" ? I recognize some of that info from that book. :wink: Very well worded though.

Hmmm........that book has been mentioned in this forum.

Its here.

http://calypso-blue.com/werewolf/viewtopic.php?t=631

Now.....notice something about that thread? Its locked.

I don't want to make this thread end up like that one. (locked)

Please think twice before posting in this thread.

Thanks. :D
MoonKit
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: That Girl With The Ferrets
Mood: Indifferent

Post by MoonKit »

Wow, Figarou...didnt know weres/therians were such a touchy subject on this site. :( Ill remember that.
You are the only light there is for yourself my friend
Silverfan
Just Bitten
Just Bitten

Suprised

Post by Silverfan »

Now not to be disrespectfull.But what is wrong with this thread.Its a open and general discussion of wer-kin and theians. Maby some arnt as openminded as most.
The wild my home.Darkeness my mother.Blood my life.Knowlege my Quest.
Morkulv
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Panzer Division Morkulv
Mood: RAR!

Post by Morkulv »

You guys should take a look at this site:

www.otherkin.com

And be aware: the people on that site are serious, and won't tolerate people claiming werewolves don't exist. And like I said, its not a bullsh1t-site.
Scott Gardener wrote: I'd be afraid to shift if I were to lose control. If I just looked fuggly, I'd simply be annoyed every full moon.
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Executive Producer (Red Victoria)

Post by Figarou »

MoonKit wrote:Wow, Figarou...didnt know weres/therians were such a touchy subject on this site. :( Ill remember that.

Its a touchy subject everywhere. Not just this site.

Just so everybody knows, my previous post above is directed at everyone who posts in this thread.

Silverfan wrote:Now not to be disrespectfull.But what is wrong with this thread.Its a open and general discussion of wer-kin and theians. Maby some arnt as openminded as most.
There is nothing wrong with this thread.

Discuss all you want. Just don't turn it into a debate or bashing thread like the other one.
Merrypaws
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Merrypaws »

Morkulv wrote:You guys should take a look at this site:

www.otherkin.com

And be aware: the people on that site are serious, and won't tolerate people claiming werewolves don't exist. And like I said, its not a bullsh1t-site.
Actually, that isn't as bad as it could be. It doesn't even really contain that much info, accurate or not. The section about weres was fair, in my opinion.
It wasn't untill I took a peek at the vampire section that I found myself rolling my eyes.
Just a drop in the ocean of internet.
Do we really need the solution? Couldn't we just enjoy the problem for now?
Kirk Hammett
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: The Guitar Dude from Metallica

Post by Kirk Hammett »

To find such a person in the therianthrope community is rare. You're alot more likely to run into them on otherkin forums. Because of their nature (and partly due to the attitude of some therians) they tend to gravitate to the otherkin, who are more accepting of them.

Polymorphs (which, by the way, is the most common term for them) are generally considered otherkin, not therians.
I will keep this in mind, thanks :P . Though generally, I don't give myself a name. Even poly shifter is a made up name. So technically I have as much right to call myself "The Flying Purple People Eater'

Okay that was clearly a lame attempt at a joke. :lol:

I think I will stick to just 'shape shifter' because it's used in many cultures offline. I have little trust of the internet.

But anyway thanks if I do happen to want to look it up, which I don't think I do really, I will definately check out an otherkin site. (It's because people shouldn't discriminate and make up so many rules when they don't know the truth. It's like a bunch of feuding scientists, technically every word is just made up...lions do not know they are termed lions, do they? Haha! Okay I'm going before I make another lame joke)
<b> Pack Drunk</b>
Image Image :beerwolf: :drunx:
"Animals were not made for humans, not anymore than black people were made for whites or women for men" -Alice Walker-
Morkulv
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Panzer Division Morkulv
Mood: RAR!

Post by Morkulv »

Merrypaws wrote:
Morkulv wrote:You guys should take a look at this site:

www.otherkin.com

Actually, that isn't as bad as it could be. It doesn't even really contain that much info, accurate or not. The section about weres was fair, in my opinion.
It wasn't untill I took a peek at the vampire section that I found myself rolling my eyes.
Just a drop in the ocean of internet.
I didn't say it was a bad site, but I can imagine 'non-believers' on this site to go to the board and post against everything that is written in that site. And I haven't had a close look at the vampire-section yet... What's so bad about it?
Scott Gardener wrote: I'd be afraid to shift if I were to lose control. If I just looked fuggly, I'd simply be annoyed every full moon.
Set
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Set »

Morkulv wrote:And I haven't had a close look at the vampire-section yet... What's so bad about it?
First, they have it split between vampires and "vampyres".
The difference between vampires and vampyres is that vampires are mortal. This includes the group of Sanguinarian, PSI, emotional, sexual, social and elemental vampires. The major difference between vampires and vampyres is that vampires cannot make or turn other vampires.
The vampyre section reeks of roleplay.