can a werewolf use items and such

This is the place for discussion and voting on various aspects of werewolf life, social ideas, physical appearance, etc. Also a place to vote on how a werewolf should look.
Aki
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Wolfblood

Post by Aki »

Vuldari wrote:*snip, post isn't unneccisarily huge*
I'm thinking its a situational thing. I mean, taking the earlier example - sharpshooter with pistol vs. inexperienced gunman-werewolf with a M16, enviroment is going to matter. If its' somewhere he can close in without having his skull made into swiss cheese there's a good chance he'll tear the sharpshooter into bits. If its a open plain werewolf's probably f*** either way, so his best course is running because it has a lower chance of death, though if crippled some full auto spray would be helpful to force sharpshooter's head down so he could find some cover and formulate a plan...or something.

Ammo is afterall limited. So for the werewolf utilizing a gun should be only in cases where its' the way he can avoid getting his brains blown out. If he has a good chance of closing range without being a bigger chance of being shot he should take.

But, if say you're in a tight alleyway with a hunter who's got a high powered rifle, your best bet is to book it, because they're probably going to blow a big hole in you before you can reach them. Though if you have a weapon, squeezing off a few rounds/bursts as you book it might be good to force their head down, as otherwise they might nail you before you get away.
Vuldari
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Aspiring "Reverse" Kitsune

Post by Vuldari »

Okay, okay...

Let me try to sum up my opinion as simply as I can.

Can Werewolves use items?

Yes.

If thier brains don't go completely ferral, and they have human-like hands, then a werewolf can (perhaps a little clumsily in some cases) use ANY item, machine, device or whatever that a human can use.

(Pointy Stick...Can Opener...18-Wheeler...LapTop Computer...)

Do I want to see Werewolves using Items?

NO.

As rarely as possible.

...for all of the reasons I've allready shared...
Protoba
Pack Member
Pack Member
Custom Title: He Likes You

Post by Protoba »

If Wolfy goes up against some silver toting Homo Sapiens, then this be his sidearm.

http://www.wallpapergate.com/data/media ... ingGun.jpg

:D
Shadow Wulf
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Shadow Wulf »

:roflmao: Yeah right!!! If thats hes sidearm then whats hes primary weapon? a tomawawk cruise missile?
Every government degenerates when trusted to the rulers of the people alone. The people themselves are its only safe depositories. - Thomas Jefferson
Image Image
JoshuaMadoc
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: HERO OF NIGHTMARES
Additional Details: I just don't care.
Mood: Indifferent

Post by JoshuaMadoc »

Shadow Wulf wrote::roflmao: Yeah right!!! If thats hes sidearm then whats hes primary weapon? a tomawawk cruise missile?
This, probably.
RedEye
Custom Title: Master of Meh
Mood: Meh...

Post by RedEye »

Protoba wrote:If Wolfy goes up against some silver toting Homo Sapiens, then this be his sidearm.

http://www.wallpapergate.com/data/media ... ingGun.jpg

Oooooohhhh! RedEye wants one, no two, no...Many.. <"Be the First on your block">.

Basically, it would Take a Werewolf to handle one of those at full chat, which is about 6000 rounds per minute. What's wanted there is a Muzzle brake.

That is, ultimately, a Smooth(Human) weapon. It would be dangerous to any Were' simply because of the amount of destruction. Call it a "Hunter Magnet"...not a 'fridge magnet, either.

The best way for a Were to deal with Violence is not be there...next best, to do no more than necessary, then split. Going Postal (what a mental picture that is!) isn't wise...especially if you are a Huge Wolflike Super Strong fuzzy legend in-the-flesh. Again, it attracts Hunters (and Furry Addicts...yeesh!)

Use what you have, what you were made with. Extras such as Guns, knives, baseball bats are ultimately dangerous to the Were' because they get used to using them...not their natural weapons. And ultimately, one gets used to using things they may not have with them. One gets used to taking unnecessary risks. That is the surest way to wind up a "Trophy" in some Hunter's trophy room.

Now, I'll contradict myself: there is no reason not to be at least capable with some non-built-in defense systems, such as the above weapons. You have a responsibility to at least know about what can hurt you, whether you use it or not.

A Were' is a fighting machine when it is necessary to protect self--family--pack--allied humans, but only then. Were's have the ability to Intimidate- and that can stop combat before it starts, which is usually the best way.

NOTE: I'm writing this from the Viewpoint of the Were'...deliberately.
That makes it easier for the Human to understand...
RedEye: The Wulf and writer who might really be a Kitsune...
RedEye

Post by RedEye »

Shadow Wulf wrote::roflmao: Yeah right!!! If thats hes sidearm then whats hes primary weapon? a tomawawk cruise missile?
Uhhh, Shadow; those are Pyro-launched weapons...and Were's are flammable!

Were's are tough...how's about a .50 cal Shoulder rifle >50 cal. BMG<
with a grenade launcher?

Ohhh, Mister Hunter... :cyborg3:
Protoba
Pack Member
Pack Member
Custom Title: He Likes You

Post by Protoba »

Face it.
They may need to fight fire with.....fire power! :wings:
Retire to a bed close by.
dnl
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: one wrapped in shadows

Post by dnl »

Than may I suggest the FN P90 or maybe the MP7.
Shadow Wulf
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Shadow Wulf »

RedEye wrote:
Uhhh, Shadow; those are Pyro-launched weapons...and Were's are flammable!

Were's are tough...how's about a .50 cal Shoulder rifle >50 cal. BMG<
with a grenade launcher?

Ohhh, Mister Hunter... :cyborg3:
I know that, I was just messing around, and cmon. If he has a minigun as hes sidearm then he cant use a 50. cal as hes primary sense its not as big or as destructive, if it was the other way around then its ok.
dnl wrote:Than may I suggest the FN P90 or maybe the MP7.
The FN models stinks, the regualr P90's are better.
Every government degenerates when trusted to the rulers of the people alone. The people themselves are its only safe depositories. - Thomas Jefferson
Image Image
psiguy
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: The pack's Linux Nerd

Post by psiguy »

<sarcasm>
LOL. Werwolf claws and regeneration are sooo last year! :P

This year, it's all about bazzillion ton mechs that are armed to the tooth with quadrillions upon quintillions of weapon types. Not to mention Force shields and weapons of mass destruction.

Gosh, If only werewolves were to keep up with the latest fashion trends. Stop using those old-fashioned claws and start slipping into some slick, shique, fashionable armor.

Trust me! :wink:
This battle armor is not just for fraggin, it's how I get shaggin :lol:

</sarcasm>
www.psiguy.deviantart.com <-- My artwork and generalities.

May the force be with you!!!
Roodhoor
Pack Leader
Pack Leader

Post by Roodhoor »

Do I want to see Werewolves using Items?

NO.

As rarely as possible.
I totally agree to this.

The whole point is not quite clear to me, as I believe if a Werewolf would prefer to shoot his enemy rather than ripping him limb to limb, he would asume the human shape and do this.

(It's not, by any chance uncommon even in the U.S to hear loads of gun- noises going on in the night? I Just ask this, because where I live, some growling in the night would attract far less attention than the noise of firearms would.)

What other items, apart from firearms would a Werewolv really want to use in Gestalt ?
Eala Frya Fresena!
Lever dood as slaav.
dnl
Legendary
Legendary

Post by dnl »

I happen to live next to some crazy people who got hold of some rifles a few handguns and a Desert Eagle. Than there the Rode&gun not to mention some one has a cannon that they like to shoot. It usually a matter of skill there are a lot of things to think about when use a gun to make it more effective.
Night Rain
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Night Rain »

Since when is anyone besides FN even making P90's?
"Don't mind the blood here; welcome to the slaughterhouse!"
Kisota

Post by Kisota »

In short, werewolves COULD use weapons and such...

But won't, lest they be branded lame.

I don't really like the idea of gun-wielding wws.
Kisota

Post by Kisota »

Kiba wrote::D

In short, werewolves COULD use weapons and such...

But shouldn't, lest they be branded lame.

I don't really like the idea of gun-wielding wws.
Shadow Wulf
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Shadow Wulf »

Night Rain wrote:
Oh wait, I thought that america made P90s aswell. :? I guess those Belguims are the original manufactors.
Image Image
Night Rain
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Night Rain »

I wouldn't be overly surprised if some were manufactured in the USA, but I can't find any information on an American version of the P90. Unless you count Airsoft.
Shadow Wulf
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Shadow Wulf »

America would proably come up with a new model later on.
Image Image
RedEye

Post by RedEye »

Base line: Werewolves would use whatever best kept them alive and Hairy.

98% of the time what is supplied at Shift is quite adequate. The other two percent of the time, they do what Smooth humans do:Improvise!
Remember, Werewolves have a double dose of "Protect the Family/Pack".
100% from the Human, 100% from the Wolf.
I think that means nobody can predict what they'd do if their family or their Pack were threatened, except that it would be Final.
And I see most Smooth Human weapons being used to alter the odds so the Werewolf could close and get "Personal"..... :wink:
Night Rain
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Night Rain »

Base line: Werewolves would use whatever best kept them alive and Hairy.
I guess that excludes razors.
dnl
Legendary
Legendary

Post by dnl »

Shadow Wulf wrote:
Night Rain wrote:
Oh wait, I thought that america made P90s aswell. :? I guess those Belguims are the original manufactors.

I think he thought i was talking about the FN PS90 it a civilian model.

Only a few of are forces use the P90 mostly the United States Secret Service.
There is a special version made for them the P90 USG but none were made in America.
Shadow Wulf
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Shadow Wulf »

Hows the p90 USG like?
Image Image
lunarwolf
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Trying to run free
Additional Details: I look beyond the line of what a lot people call FACTS.... Because just because it's name MYTH..... Does not mean it does not exist.

Post by lunarwolf »

o yeah i got anthor question has anyone seen a werewolf use a gun in a movie or video game. I only saw one werewolf use a gun and some of you might of herd of this game it's called contra and it was for the sega genesis and one of the charaters you can play is a werewolf (i'm not sure but it sorta looks like it) with one of it's arms replaced with a gun, thats pretty much it.
The truth...ha...why does it matter to you? You really don't want to know the truths I know....
Shadow Wulf
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Shadow Wulf »

What? ?? I have never heard of any werewolf in contra. Is it part of the cheat code " up up down down left right left right B A start"? :jester:
Image Image