MoonKit
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: That Girl With The Ferrets
Mood: Indifferent

Phantom Limbs...

Post by MoonKit »

So who's fealt them? :D

I personally feel my tail wag and my ears stand at attention or go back quite frequently. And only recently have I had phantom teeth, which by the way is a very weird sensation if you havent had them because its weird to feel something when it doesnt move.

So have any of you fealt anything else? (If this topic has been done before I appologize)

Hey, and what do you all think about a therianthropy forum? :howl:  :oo
You are the only light there is for yourself my friend
PariahPoet
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: The one and only were-jaguarundi!

Post by PariahPoet »

I feel them quite a bit. Although mine is usually a whole phantom shape. I feel way too big and ridiculous walking around on two legs.

There are quite a few therianthropy forums- werelist and the awereness forums being the most prominant. I really don't like the awereness forums though. The self-proclaimed greymuzzles treat it like some kind of exclusive secret society and will not tolerate any differences of oppinions from newer members. Werelist is ok, but I tend to stick with my little pack on myspace.
Anubis
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Eletist Jerk

Post by Anubis »

I feel them although not as much as i used to. but right know i feel like i have a muzzle and ears on top of my head.

man, i wish i was a real werewolfie :(
THE GAME

My Armory
Fang
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Fang »

*Sigh* same here, then I could, at long last beat my weight.
Dulce et decorum est pro patria mori :P
MoonKit
Legendary
Legendary

Post by MoonKit »

PariahPoet wrote:I feel them quite a bit. Although mine is usually a whole phantom shape. I feel way too big and ridiculous walking around on two legs.

There are quite a few therianthropy forums- werelist and the awereness forums being the most prominant. I really don't like the awereness forums though. The self-proclaimed greymuzzles treat it like some kind of exclusive secret society and will not tolerate any differences of oppinions from newer members. Werelist is ok, but I tend to stick with my little pack on myspace.
Oh by the way...I love your signature. I click it everyday. And Ive passed it on. :D
Scott Gardener
Legendary
Legendary
Mood: Excited

Post by Scott Gardener »

Varies by circumstances. Usually it's more noticable in the evening, when I'm less busy being human.
Taking a Gestalt approach, since it's the "in" thing...
outwarddoodles
Custom Title: I'm here! What more do you want?

Post by outwarddoodles »

Being that there are several therians here (I don't know about any amputees, though.), yes, there are many users who have felt "phantom limbs" before.

I do want to encourage that if you're interested in therianthropy-related discussion that you visit a forum made for the specific topic of it (These forums are for werewolf-fans, afterall.). The Werelist and Awereness Forumsbeing the most prominent.
:D
"We are not always what we seem, and hardly ever what we dream."
strykeriuswolf
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: ARMY Wolf

Post by strykeriuswolf »

OHHH tail wagging.....yes i have the phantom limb and i also have mental shifts..... :D
I dun care what people say about us furries, I'm darn proud to be one and have always been proud. POWER TO THE FURRIES
Timber-WoIf
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Timber-WoIf »

lol... none here. thats kinda funny... i didn't really expect that, but i guess i shoulda, huh? well, its all cool :D makes me feel less strange!
Deviantart? Why'd I do this?
I am relentlessly agressive

Image<--- THEY PWN U
Set
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Devil in disguise

Post by Set »

I have two pair of energy wings permanently fused to my back, does that count? :P
Vuldari
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Aspiring "Reverse" Kitsune

Post by Vuldari »

...there have been times in the recent and not-so-recent past where my Focus/Obsession on Transformation and/or non-human affiliation has been intense enough that I have felt all sort's of intentional, as well as unexpeced, sensations.

...Tail...mobile, tall/wide, high-skull-mounted Ears...Claws...Muzzle...enlarged/sharpened Teeth...Fur...etc, etc...

Even though I have made a concious effort not to encourage myself to feel, or try to feel these things anymore...(Most past experiences were conciously self-induced)...I still find that any-time the mere suggestion of a wagging tail passes through my mind, I feel an odd tingling and twitching in the muscles of my lower back and aria surrounding my tailbone, even when I don't immediately realise I'm thinking about it.

I don't know if that counts as the same as what you are talking about (as my sensations were originally artificially imagined/induced)...but they remain persistant none-the-less.
Please Forgive the Occasional Outburst of my Inner Sage ... for he is Oblivious to Sarcasm, and not Easily Silenced.

=^.^'= ~
Merrypaws
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Merrypaws »

Yup.
Those damn ears make wearing headphones pretty darn awkward. And sitting on a chair when you feel a tail that is not there can be weird, too.
Do we really need the solution? Couldn't we just enjoy the problem for now?
Fang
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Fang »

Sometimes I look at the moon when it's full and get the sensation of my organs twisting and even a strange tingling sensation on all exposed skin.
Dulce et decorum est pro patria mori :P
geekboy1500
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Lover of Life

Post by geekboy1500 »

preforming a theater production and yep, my teeth start to tingle, damn it is hard to be a villian when you are SPITTING your lines out through imaginary fangs
The Think Geek Annoy-o-Tron, insanity in convenient attractive box.
Kirk Hammett
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: The Guitar Dude from Metallica

Post by Kirk Hammett »

PariahPoet wrote:I feel them quite a bit. Although mine is usually a whole phantom shape. I feel way too big and ridiculous walking around on two legs.

I have to agree about the forums. Certainly not all members are that way, but the way people treat you as if you are wrong and they are right...I will NOT mention names, have no intention of starting a conflict with the Big Cheese. Damn that's a huge cheese.

Since therianthropy is strictly personal (So they always say), they haven't got the right to question certain things I was questioned about. I understand the weeding of fakes, but it was taken too far.

Once again I will not state the forum I am talking about. Just food for thought :lol: so ignore my post entirely if you are offended, because it's not likely you I'm talking about. -wags tail-
:panting:
--------------------------------------------------

As for phantom limbs, :lol: a monkey tail, which is why I love Dragonball Z and Final Fantasy 9. But usually wolf ears, or some sort of canid. I can conjure wings. I also conjure holes in my hat for my ears anybody else to that?
<b> Pack Drunk</b>
Image Image :beerwolf: :drunx:
"Animals were not made for humans, not anymore than black people were made for whites or women for men" -Alice Walker-
vrikasatma
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Sometimes, ya just gotta say ... BLEEEE!!
Additional Details: Digg: Gemfinder
Dragon Cave: http://dragcave.net/user/Xocowolf
Twitter: @Xocowolf
Mood: Busy

Post by vrikasatma »

During one particularly intense trance break I felt my muzzle and paws extend. I regularly feel my ears swivel and prick...and, yes, skin back if I get angry enough.

As far as phantom sensations...I lost the last joint of my left pinky in a childhood accident and oddly enough, I can't feel the tip. No phantom sensations there.
ImageImageImageImage
PariahPoet
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: The one and only were-jaguarundi!

Post by PariahPoet »

Kirk Hammett wrote: I have to agree about the forums. Certainly not all members are that way, but the way people treat you as if you are wrong and they are right...I will NOT mention names, have no intention of starting a conflict with the Big Cheese. Damn that's a huge cheese.
*cough*Jakkal!*cough*
:lol:

It's ok, I've already gotten involved in several arguments with her- most of which ending with her proclaiming that she owns the board and therefore is the final authority on all things therian. :roll:
Kirk Hammett
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: The Guitar Dude from Metallica

Post by Kirk Hammett »

PariahPoet wrote:
Kirk Hammett wrote: I have to agree about the forums. Certainly not all members are that way, but the way people treat you as if you are wrong and they are right...I will NOT mention names, have no intention of starting a conflict with the Big Cheese. Damn that's a huge cheese.
*cough*Jakkal!*cough*

It's ok, I've already gotten involved in several arguments with her- most of which ending with her proclaiming that she owns the board and therefore is the final authority on all things therian. :roll:
Haha Pariah! :lol: I lack a comment for Jakkal as I've never spoken to her because I am afraid of her. :(
<b> Pack Drunk</b>
Image Image :beerwolf: :drunx:
"Animals were not made for humans, not anymore than black people were made for whites or women for men" -Alice Walker-
Anook
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Dogs are miracles with paws

Post by Anook »

Kirk Hammett wrote:
PariahPoet wrote:
*cough*Jakkal!*cough*

Haha Pariah! :lol: I lack a comment for Jakkal as I've never spoken to her because I am afraid of her. :(

What forum is she on? No, I'm not going to start a fight or confront her about anything. I just want to know which one shes on so, I can watch out for her.
If I do deside to check out one of those forums.

Anyways, I have felt the phantom ears, muzzel, and tail before, but I'm not a therian.
I mean, if I really start thinking about it, then I feel them :|
Last edited by Anook on Thu Jul 27, 2006 11:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
I could care less if I am a "freak". I don't care what other people think about me. I am me. I am different from the masses of society in unique and profound ways, anyway. Being physically different would trouble me not
Set
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Devil in disguise

Post by Set »

Anook wrote:What forum is she on?
I've seen her on Werelist and Awereness, but I don't know if she's on any others. Pariah's not the only one who's had problems with her. You are better off not talking to the woman at all.
Anook
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Anook »

Well, I went onto the werelist and I can see Jakkal is controlling.
I mean, I didn't sign in or anything, but she has suspened some people for some reason.

Hey, what does a mod do?

(Forgive me if I spelled that wrong) :cry:
I could care less if I am a "freak". I don't care what other people think about me. I am me. I am different from the masses of society in unique and profound ways, anyway. Being physically different would trouble me not
MoonKit
Legendary
Legendary

Post by MoonKit »

Oh I see you changed your avatar Anook! Its very nice. :)
Anook
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Anook »

Hey!

THANKS! :D

I like the artic blue eyes he has.

I'm not going to change it again for awhile.

I probably won't change all, I like it so much. :D
Rex Wolfskin
Pack Member
Pack Member

Post by Rex Wolfskin »

I'm having them a little at day,but when I'm having a phantom shift, they're all there. I also have normal mental shifts, but have more phantom ones
~Metalhead to the bones~
Cavman
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: The lone wolf of Quinault

Post by Cavman »

I'm not Therian, but on ocasion I feel them. Mostly when I'm lost in thought though. Its normaly "pulling" (growing) of my jaw or if I'm siting down, sudden sharp pains in my tail bone, like its being bent in on itself.