Wierd Phobias

The place for anything at all...
silverpaw
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: I Bite, You've Been Warned ^_^

Post by silverpaw »

I have a wierd one, happens very rarely though.
Anyways after watching a freaky movie, i manage to always go to bed, and whilst in bed, i just feel like there something in front of my face, and i think that if i open my eyes i'll see a face, of usually a dead boy :?

And i also get a wierd feeling when walking past a staircase in darkness, one day i plan to walk down there :o

And one more, when downstairs at night alone, i always seem to start running up the stairs as if something is following me :(

Syzygy
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Wergild Collector

Post by Syzygy »

I scared of giving blood, but I have done it before. I once had a bad dream about it. We were lining up in a completely trashed toilet and they were re-using the needles. When it was my turn the nurse dropped the needle into the toilet bowl and wanted to use it. I turned around to leave, but these two guys came out of nowhere and held me down so that she could stab me with the needle.

Ugh. :(
Eat more tobasco.
silverpaw
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: I Bite, You've Been Warned ^_^

Post by silverpaw »

Wow,...freaky, it's funny i never had a problem with needles. Not much of a problem with pain so meh :D

Vuldari
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Aspiring "Reverse" Kitsune

Post by Vuldari »

silverpaw wrote:And i also get a wierd feeling when walking past a staircase in darkness, one day i plan to walk down there :o

And one more, when downstairs at night alone, i always seem to start running up the stairs as if something is following me :(
I used to be terrified of dark rooms, especially if they were below me (such as at the bottom of a dark stairwell). The basement of my own home was one of them.

...but I can't stand being afraid of things that I shouldn't...

So, when I was about 10, I began doing this thing every time I was scared at night.

I would turn off all the lights in the basement and then I would challenge myself to find specific things in the dark, wandering blindly.

TV...Toy Truck...Table...Computer (Commodore 64)...Toy chest-->Transformers Drawer-->Lego's Drawer-->Specific Toy within the drawer...Laundry Room Door...Garage door...etc, etc...

After doing this for a while, I found that my fear of dark rooms slowly changed into a facination of them. A familliar room becomes a completely different place when you can't see.

Now, I have very little, or almost no fear of the dark, and will happily walk down dark wooded park trails in the middle of the night on moonless, cloudless nights as a form of relaxation and meditation...even though I can barely see the ground under my feet, or the tree branches hanging over the trail.

My imagination goes Wild in such a setting (In a good way, vs. a terrifying one), when my mind has to fill in the gaps of what I can not see.

Confronting and conquering ones fears is a very worthwhile, satisfying and rewarding experience.

[EDIT:] Hunh...I guess I mentioned this allready. In fact...it was the very first response to this thread. Sorry for repeating myself. :oops:
Please Forgive the Occasional Outburst of my Inner Sage ... for he is Oblivious to Sarcasm, and not Easily Silenced.

=^.^'= ~
FireStorm
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: The Wolfs Vampire lover

Post by FireStorm »

I am scared out of my mind by those china doll things....*Shivers* They are wicked evil things that should all be smashed.....Honestly if there is one in a room I can not go in it...... :whimper:
White Paw

Post by White Paw »

needles..................... i cant stand the though of willingly letting stick a sharp foreign object into my body and not doing anything about it to stop them... :D
Cavman
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: The lone wolf of Quinault

Post by Cavman »

As far as fears go for me right nw, I can't really name any off the top of my head. I used to be afraid of spiders, due to watching arachnaphobia and related movies when I was very young. But now that fear has developed into a blind hatred and I go out of my way to kill them. You should see the wall of my closet. I rather like the dark, escpecialy in the woods.

And as for phobias that makeyou go "WTF!?!",
Anglophobia- Fear of England or English culture
Anook
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Dogs are miracles with paws

Post by Anook »

I don't like bugs at all. :P
I could care less if I am a "freak". I don't care what other people think about me. I am me. I am different from the masses of society in unique and profound ways, anyway. Being physically different would trouble me not
lupine
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Lead us Not into Temptation.... I can find the way by myself
Mood: Meh...

Post by lupine »

Don't much have any phobias, but have recently stopped using the back lane to cycle to work on. Got spooked Very early one morning and have since heard several other people have had the same. :wolfsheepclothing:
Well be, thy one. And wisdom too. And grew, and joyed in my growth. From a word to a word, I was led to a word. From a deed...to another deed.

"I'm the Dude. So that's what you call me. You know, that or, uh, His Dudeness, or uh, Duder, or El Duderino if you're not into the whole brevity thing."
Searif
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Searif »

I have a phobia of flying beds, its an odd nightmare from a while back >.<
Kzinistzerg
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Kzinistzerg »

Hmmm... I really don't think I have much in the way of weird phobias... I cant stand being hugged though.
lupine
Legendary
Legendary

Post by lupine »

Don't mind being hugged, just not in public :wolfsheepclothing:
Well be, thy one. And wisdom too. And grew, and joyed in my growth. From a word to a word, I was led to a word. From a deed...to another deed.

"I'm the Dude. So that's what you call me. You know, that or, uh, His Dudeness, or uh, Duder, or El Duderino if you're not into the whole brevity thing."
Searif
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Searif »

Kzinistzerg wrote:Hmmm... I really don't think I have much in the way of weird phobias... I cant stand being hugged though.
im your worst nightmare then :lol:
Anook
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Anook »

You don't like being hugged?!

MMMMM...........Kzinistzerg........where are you.

Time for a hug. :evillaugh: :evillaugh: :evillaugh: :evillaugh:

:evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:
I could care less if I am a "freak". I don't care what other people think about me. I am me. I am different from the masses of society in unique and profound ways, anyway. Being physically different would trouble me not
White Paw

Post by White Paw »

Anook wrote:You don't like being hugged?!

yeah come here and let gladius give you a hug and a nooggie......awwwww. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Anook
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Anook »

gladius wrote:
Anook wrote:You don't like being hugged?!

yeah come here and let gladius give you a hug and a nooggie......awwwww. :lol: :lol: :lol:
AWWWWW!!!!!!

*Hugs Gladius*

Hugs aren't that bad. :lol:
lupine
Legendary
Legendary

Post by lupine »

AAAAHHHH thas nice!
:wolfsheepclothing:

White Paw

Post by White Paw »

aww....*hugs anook*.. i love hugs...... :D
Last edited by White Paw on Sun Aug 27, 2006 8:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Anook
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Anook »

:lol: :D
Fenrir
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Fenrir »

is there a fear of noobs :?
"Nam Sibyllam quidem Cumis ego ipse oculis meis vidi in ampulla pendere et cul illi pueri dicerent 'Sibylla Ti cupisne' respondebat illa 'Cupio mortere'."

-Satyricon
Anook
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Anook »

:?

That would be weird.
Fenrir
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Fenrir »

wait now that i looked into it technically it would be Xenophobia (fear of foreigners)
Anook
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Anook »

:lol:
Lukas
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: living
Mood: Indifferent

Post by Lukas »

well i freak out when i see a couchroach, other then out i cant think of anything to be scared of, tho i do enjoy being a loner with only a few friends :D
(for every afro avatar, a funky man loses his hair, please, think of undercover brother)
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Executive Producer (Red Victoria)

Post by Figarou »

Lukas wrote:well i freak out when i see a couchroach, other then out i cant think of anything to be scared of, tho i do enjoy being a loner with only a few friends :D
couchroach?