What would be some good music to go along with a werewolf TF

This is the place for discussion and voting on various aspects of werewolf life, social ideas, physical appearance, etc. Also a place to vote on how a werewolf should look.
Anook
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Dogs are miracles with paws

Post by Anook »

THE ONE AND ONLY wrote:Let Me Out by MBD from the CURSED soundtrack. Although a flawed flick, that tune is perfect for a werewolf movie.
Yeah I agree. In my opinion, that would be an ok song for it.
I think the music that starts right after the movie ends(you know, when the end credits begin) would be a good song for the movie.
Well, one of many. I think its the cursed remix or something like that. If you've seen the movie, then hopefully you know what I'm talking about.
I mean, it was basiclly play throughout the entire film. I don't think it would be a good song for the TF. I can just imagine one of the characters looking up at the moon and hearing the song in the back ground.

Maybe over my head, by the Fray would be good also.
I don't think its a good song for the TF, but I can just imagine Jack wandering how he was going to tell her he is werewolve and that song played in the back ground.
The song will sympolize how stressful and uncertain the situation is. I mean if she doesn't become one, then she has to die right. Isn't that what the trailer said. The girl only has two choices and only one of those means she can live.
Thats just my opinion. Its 12:08 am where I live, so right now my mind is on auto pilote, so forgive me if there are any misspelled words, weirdness at all, and possibly suggesting really wrong songs for the film. Once I've had my sleep, maybe I'll post somthing different.

Good night all
I could care less if I am a "freak". I don't care what other people think about me. I am me. I am different from the masses of society in unique and profound ways, anyway. Being physically different would trouble me not
guitarwizard
Pack Member
Pack Member

Post by guitarwizard »

i think breath by pink floyd(for a calm/relaxed transfomation) or confortably numb/hey you (for a more painful and depressed feeling from the character during transformation) and for an uber psycadelic acid trip like transformation a would probably pick dazed and confused by led zeppelin :headbanger: :wacko: :evillaugh: , but everyone is intitled to there own "wrong" opinion
Crimson Wolf
Pack Leader
Pack Leader

Post by Crimson Wolf »

though its a love song, i think 'Can't Fight the Moonlight' by Leann Rimes is pretty good. or 'Under a Killing Moon' by Thrice (my most favorite band X3).
Morkulv
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Panzer Division Morkulv
Mood: RAR!

Post by Morkulv »

I don't think any type of jazz/lounge music will fit a TF, guys. :P
Scott Gardener wrote: I'd be afraid to shift if I were to lose control. If I just looked fuggly, I'd simply be annoyed every full moon.
Draco-Okami
Just Bitten
Just Bitten
Custom Title: PsyCHotIc woLf

Post by Draco-Okami »

Personally, the music should happen only when the protagonist TF's for the first time. And to me, the sounds of the bones cracking, muscles ripping and reforming, and the lengthening of the body(which makes noises as well) should be heard over the music. As for the music itself, Disturbed's The Sickness comes to mind for some reason...

Also, ICP's Underneath the Moon could work well. And why not Metallica's Of Wolf and Man?!?!?!?! That song KICKS a**!!!!!!!! Just listen to the lyrics, and you'll get a feel of what it should mean to be a werewolf:

Off through the new day's mist I run,
Out from the new day's mist I have come.
I hunt,
Therefore I am.
Harvest the land,
Taking of the fallen lamb.

Off through the new day's mist I run,
Out from the new day's misr I Have come.
We shift,
Pulsing with the Earth.
Company we keep,
Roaming the land while you sleep.

Shapeshift, Nose to the wind.
Shapeshift, Feeling I've been.
Move swift, All senses clean.
Earth's gift, Back to the meaning of life.

Bright is the moon high in starlight,
Chill in the air cold as steel tonight.
We shift,
Call of the wild.
Fear in your eyes,
It's later than you realized.

Earth's gift, Back to the meaning of life.

I feel a change,
Back to a better day.
Hair stands on the back of my neck,
In wildness is the preservation of the world,
So seek the wolf in thyself!

Earth's gift,
Back to the meaning of wolf and man, yeah.

Man, LISTEN TO THE SONG!!!!!! Kirk makes that guitar want to just come alive, and the whole feel of the song, with the guitar riffs, pounding bass lines, and all-over feel of it, makes you WANT to go off running through a field, catching and killing things that spring up in your way. As it is now, though, it really shouldn't bee in a TF scene. But, if they slowed it down, and made it a little bit heavier, it would be the best TF song EVER.
Anook
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Anook »

That does sound like a very good song! :D
I'll have to try and see if YouTube.com has the music video.

Oh, and by the way........ :welcome:
I could care less if I am a "freak". I don't care what other people think about me. I am me. I am different from the masses of society in unique and profound ways, anyway. Being physically different would trouble me not
Fenrir
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Fenrir »

Let it out

by Hubastank
Anook
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Anook »

Here is a couple of music videos of that werewolf song of wolf and man by
Metallica.

Here is the song in a 4 min. wolfs rain video.
http://youtube.com/watch?v=6khs1sxp28k& ... 0and%20man

Here it is again in a different wolfs rain video
http://youtube.com/watch?v=YfIsNEpYoC0& ... 0and%20man

Here is another one but its not a wolfs rain one

http://youtube.com/watch?v=0FDt7_sVClc& ... 0and%20man
Shadow Wulf
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Shadow Wulf »

I dont understand how you people think that hard rock lways has a sudden connection to werewolves. Cant you think of something a little more classy? :?
Every government degenerates when trusted to the rulers of the people alone. The people themselves are its only safe depositories. - Thomas Jefferson
Image Image
Timber-WoIf
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Timber-WoIf »

Hmm... i liked the song, but not really appropriate i dun think...
...perhaps something more musical... er, that is, no lyrics, or at least the emphasis isn't on lyrics. hmm....
Deviantart? Why'd I do this?
I am relentlessly agressive

Image<--- THEY PWN U
Crimson Wolf
Pack Leader
Pack Leader

Post by Crimson Wolf »

ok how about Tell Me What the Rain Knows by Yoko Kanno (wolf's rain song)
Tell me what the rain knows
O are these the Tears of Ages
That wash away the Wolf's Way
And leave not a trace of the day?

Tell me what the rain knows
O is this the flood of fortune
That pours itself upon me?
O see how I drown in this sea

Hark, hear the howl that eats the moon alive
Your fur is on fire
The smoke turns the whole sky raven black
And the world upon your back will crack

Where will you go
Now you've no home?

Let the rain wash away your last days
Anook
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Anook »

Shadow wulf:

I don't think hard rock has any connection to werewolves what so ever. I don't even listen to hard rock. I put those links up there for people who have never heard the song before.

To tell you the truth, that song of wolf and man is the first hard rock and werewolf song I've EVER heard.

I'm not to fond of hard rock. I mean, that song was ok for my first werewolf song, but I'm not about to go and buy a metallica CD.

Believe me, I'm alot classer than what you think I am. :D

I mean, I would hate for a member of The Pack to think other wise. :cry:
Shadow Wulf
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Shadow Wulf »

I like hard rock, its just that I hate it when they have movies that just slaps in album songs everywhere. A TF could have a hard rock with no lyrics, but I prefer an original score like in the howling when eddy transform, or have no music, its great to just listen the moaning and the bone poping and the voice turning deeper.
Every government degenerates when trusted to the rulers of the people alone. The people themselves are its only safe depositories. - Thomas Jefferson
Image Image
Morkulv
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Morkulv »

I think a industrial, or dark-wave soundtrack would fit the disturbing image of a TF.

Something like Mortiis, or Johnny Hollow.

www.mortiis.com

Check it out.
Scott Gardener wrote: I'd be afraid to shift if I were to lose control. If I just looked fuggly, I'd simply be annoyed every full moon.
Porsche

Post by Porsche »

http://www.mp3.com/tracks/848562/dl_streams.html

'Elegia' by New Order off the Low Life album.

imo, it seems to fit the mood tony is going for here... well at least that's the impression i got from the teaser-trailer.
he who dares not grasp the thorn should never crave the rose.
Kaebora
Custom Title: Werehare In Disguise

Post by Kaebora »

I think the TF sequence should introduce the movie's theme music, like some orchestra music, perhaps mixed with a bit of electric guitar. You know how in Jurassic park the theme is played when they first see herds of Dinosaurs? Well why not play the theme when the werewolf is transforming, or when the pack is on the move.
Lurking softly, reading your posts, loving your ideas...
-Kaebora
Shadow Wulf
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Shadow Wulf »

Kaebora wrote:I think the TF sequence should introduce the movie's theme music, like some orchestra music, perhaps mixed with a bit of electric guitar. You know how in Jurassic park the theme is played when they first see herds of Dinosaurs? Well why not play the theme when the werewolf is transforming, or when the pack is on the move.
Thse are two very different situations just so you know.
Image Image
Anook
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Anook »

Well, we can all rest assure that the director will pick music that is right for the movie. :D
Morkulv
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Morkulv »

I'll stick with Limbonic Art - A Venomous Kiss of Profane Grace. :D

That song absolutely kicks a**!! You can listen to it at blackmetalradio.com in the somewhat earlier episode (I think it was 92 or something).
Kaebora

Post by Kaebora »

As long as the music during the TF is entirely instrumental (no vocals) while still portraying the pain and raw emotion, I think it will do just fine.
-Kaebora
Pariah's Boyfriend
Dealing with the Change
Dealing with the Change

Post by Pariah's Boyfriend »

If you're looking for a more instrumental TF song, I think something done by Dream Theater would fit nicely.

They do sing, but are mostly an instrumental band.

They have a very broad range of musical sounds (Probably one of the most talented bands of our time. If you haven't heard them, you need to take a listen sometime).

They also have some very nice lead-ins, so you can begin the TF slowly and have it build up along with the music.

Of course though, any TF background music needs to be barely audible, as the SFX of the TF would really do the best for such a scene.
Last edited by Pariah's Boyfriend on Sat Jun 24, 2006 3:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
All tweaked-out on Monster and nobody to eviscerate...

"Dude, I'm NOT leaving my Hentai Fest"
- Carl
Kaebora

Post by Kaebora »

Rush is exellently instrumental, buuut... I don't see a werewolf transforming during one of their songs. :P

I was talking about the original movie theme music to be playing during the TF. That ought to make the music stick in people's minds. A movie's music lives on past the movie in my opinion. I keep hearing themes from various old movies all over the place, and it snaps that image of the said movie's plot right in my head.
-Kaebora
RedEye
Custom Title: Master of Meh
Mood: Meh...

Classics, anyone

Post by RedEye »

Classical Were-Shifting?

J.S. Bach: "Komm, Susser todt" has a depth of feeling that would encompass the pain and hope of the Shift.
Unk. "Carmina Burana" Possesses fire and flow of transformation.
Ravel: Bolero - Overdone, but encompassing the inevitability of the change once it starts.
Mozart: St. Matthew Passion, Requiem Mass in D minor (in the teaser).

That's a start..... :D
RedEye: The Wulf and writer who might really be a Kitsune...
RedEye
Custom Title: Master of Meh
Mood: Meh...

On a More Modern note...

Post by RedEye »

Ran across something that was nearly perfect, both in Mood, Sound, and Lyrics:

Shipwreck Union: "Come, sweet death". Heard it on Napster, and almost immediately went into the Bite part of the Teaser.

So..y'see I be nowt entrap't in ye Eighteenth Centurye, I be Modern too!

:lol:
RedEye: The Wulf and writer who might really be a Kitsune...
Fang
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Fang »

I think Animal I Have Become by Three Days Grace would go well with a werewolf movie :biteshift: