Genetic Diversity

This is the place for discussion and voting on various aspects of werewolf life, social ideas, physical appearance, etc. Also a place to vote on how a werewolf should look.
Fenrir
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Fenrir »

Oh God strike me down now, and if at all possible take Wolf Marine too, just for kicks.
"Nam Sibyllam quidem Cumis ego ipse oculis meis vidi in ampulla pendere et cul illi pueri dicerent 'Sibylla Ti cupisne' respondebat illa 'Cupio mortere'."

-Satyricon
Vilkacis
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Vilkacis »

Hey, you two, you're starting to pull this thread a bit too far off-topic.

Thank you,

-- Vilkacis
Fenrir
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Fenrir »

Sorry wont happen again.
"Nam Sibyllam quidem Cumis ego ipse oculis meis vidi in ampulla pendere et cul illi pueri dicerent 'Sibylla Ti cupisne' respondebat illa 'Cupio mortere'."

-Satyricon
Lupin
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Ninja BOFH

Post by Lupin »

Fenrir wrote:Oh God strike me down now, and if at all possible take Wolf Marine too, just for kicks.
God is currently unavalible right now. Your call is important to us, and will be taken in the order received, so please stay on the line.

Now what were we talking about again?
I don't suffer from lycanthropy, I enjoy every minute of it! Image
outwarddoodles
Custom Title: I'm here! What more do you want?

Post by outwarddoodles »

Lupin wrote:
Fenrir wrote:Oh God strike me down now, and if at all possible take Wolf Marine too, just for kicks.
God is currently unavalible right now. Your call is important to us, and will be taken in the order received, so please stay on the line.

Well, we were talking about the questions I had originaly posted on the first post. Somewhere changing gender was suggested and we all then went against that theory and agreed on no. Then some loony people were starting to throw a little party in here.

(Geesh, I must of lost some braincells on the rollercoasters today, I keep forgetting how to spell words!)

*ahem* Edit. Yeesh, I read back on what has been discussed through this and can truly see after a couple montsh my veiw on what the werewolf virus is has changed. Though quite frankly I still thank apon being they are all injected with the same virus for their new forms and information they are going to be similiar.
Last edited by outwarddoodles on Mon Jul 11, 2005 11:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"We are not always what we seem, and hardly ever what we dream."
Shadow Wulf
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Shadow Wulf »

outwarddoodles wrote:
Lupin wrote:

Well, we were talking about the questions I had originaly posted on the first post. Somewhere changing gender was suggested and we all then went against that theory and agreed on no. Then some loony people were starting to throw a little party in here.

(Geesh, I must of lost some braincells on the rollercoasters today, I keep forgetting how to spell words!)
HA! you correct me on GRAMMER!! Now I can correct you on SPELLING!
MUUHAHAHAHAHA :evil:

now about the genitics, this is a bit off topic here but in this picture here. http://wolf.fang.or.jp/monty/JPG/wolfmale.jpg why is it called wolfmale if its a female?
Every government degenerates when trusted to the rulers of the people alone. The people themselves are its only safe depositories. - Thomas Jefferson
Image Image
Lupin
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Lupin »

outwarddoodles wrote: *ahem* Edit. Yeesh, I read back on what has been discussed through this and can truly see after a couple montsh my veiw on what the werewolf virus is has changed. Though quite frankly I still thank apon being they are all injected with the same virus for their new forms and information they are going to be similiar.
I was toying the idea that the virus mutates a lot. So you might not infect someone else with the same strain of lycanthropy you got. It also fits in nicely with "shifting is painful and its not out of the ordinary for people to die during their first shift" idea. The people who die got a version of lycanthropy that had mutated a bit too much.
Lupin
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Lupin »

Shadow Wulf wrote: HA! you correct me on GRAMMER!! Now I can correct you on SPELLING!
I can correct you on spelling too. It's "grammar".

now about the genitics, this is a bit off topic here but in this picture here. http://wolf.fang.or.jp/monty/JPG/wolfmale.jpg why is it called wolfmale if its a female?
I think those are supposed to be pecs, not breasts.
Last edited by Lupin on Tue Jul 12, 2005 12:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
Shadow Wulf
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Shadow Wulf »

Lupin wrote:
Shadow Wulf wrote: HA! you correct me on GRAMMER!! Now I can correct you on SPELLING!

I think those are supposed to be pecks, not breasts.
noooo darn you Lupin, darn you!!!!!! * goes into the corner and sucks on tumb*
nope there are indeed breast. i can tell
Every government degenerates when trusted to the rulers of the people alone. The people themselves are its only safe depositories. - Thomas Jefferson
Image Image
outwarddoodles
Custom Title: I'm here! What more do you want?

Post by outwarddoodles »

Lupin wrote:
outwarddoodles wrote: *ahem* Edit. Yeesh, I read back on what has been discussed through this and can truly see after a couple montsh my veiw on what the werewolf virus is has changed. Though quite frankly I still thank apon being they are all injected with the same virus for their new forms and information they are going to be similiar.
I was toying the idea that the virus mutates a lot. So you might not infect someone else with the same strain of lycanthropy you got. It also fits in nicely with "shifting is painful and its not out of the ordinary for people to die during their first shift" idea. The people who die got a version of lycanthropy that had mutated a bit too much.
Well when I think of the virus I think its generic. With some 'fill in the blank' spots such as gender and posibly fur color. It stores the information of the new forms that then mutate to the individual person. When anyone is infected they are given the same virus everytime, that just forms to the original human's information. And werewolves may not mutate as much as humans do, being there are less of them and not much to create new gene pools.

And ofcource people can die during the first shift because of the pain. And them or their body rejecting it.

Yet, as I had said. Those rollercoasters rocked. (I rode the Beast and for the first time, after using the bathroom before I got on, the Son of Beast. The two higest wooden roller coasters ever, and the Son having the only loop in a wooden roller coaster and very steep hills. Thus I has a very bumpy head slamming ride. Its the tallest, fastest, only looped wooden roller coaster in the world, 78 miles an hour! You can't tell me that wasn't a bumpy, and quite scary, ride! Then the tallest Gyro drop in the world, damn that was fun!)
Last edited by outwarddoodles on Mon Jul 11, 2005 11:29 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"We are not always what we seem, and hardly ever what we dream."
Anubis
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Eletist Jerk

Post by Anubis »

Shadow Wulf wrote:
Lupin wrote:

oh-no!!! what have you done :o
THE GAME

My Armory
Apokryltaros
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Imperial Weirdo And Insect Expert

Post by Apokryltaros »

Shadow Wulf wrote:
Lupin wrote:

No, those are pecs, with raised nipples.
If they were breasts, they would be more globular.
As such, they are pecs, like the enlarged sorts one finds forming the chests of a typical bodybuilder.
"I was all of history's great acting robots: Acting Unit 0.8, Thespo-mat, David Duchovny!"
-Calculon
Shadow Wulf
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Shadow Wulf »

Apokryltaros wrote:
Shadow Wulf wrote:
Lupin wrote:

No, those are pecs, with raised nipples.
ahhhh but it did looked like a female, even his face looks kinda feminine if you asked me. but that a relief thats its a male.
Image Image
Apokryltaros
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Imperial Weirdo And Insect Expert

Post by Apokryltaros »

Shadow Wulf wrote: ahhhh but it did looked like a female, even his face looks kinda feminine if you asked me. but that a relief thats its a male.
Um, how does his face look "feminine" and how could he look feminine with those broad shoulders?
"I was all of history's great acting robots: Acting Unit 0.8, Thespo-mat, David Duchovny!"
-Calculon
Lupin
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Lupin »

Shadow Wulf wrote:ahhhh but it did looked like a female, even his face looks kinda feminine if you asked me. but that a relief thats its a male.
It does when you look at it by itself, but if you look at the other pictures on the artist's website, then it ends up looking male.
Shadow Wulf
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Shadow Wulf »

Apokryltaros wrote:
Shadow Wulf wrote: ahhhh but it did looked like a female, even his face looks kinda feminine if you asked me. but that a relief thats its a male.
Um, how does his face look "feminine" and how could he look feminine with those broad shoulders?
probally cause werewolves mostly looks muscular. can anyone tell me where ican find the rest of his work, ive seen a few of them.
Image Image
Lupin
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Lupin »

Shadow Wulf wrote:can anyone tell me where ican find the rest of his work, ive seen a few of them.
http://wolf.fang.or.jp/monty/
Shadow Wulf
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Shadow Wulf »

congadulations!! I think you earn yourself an award!! go look at pack general businness in the what does it mean to be a werewolf forum. :D
Image Image
Lupin
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Lupin »

Shadow Wulf wrote:congadulations!! I think you earn yourself an award!! go look at pack general businness in the what does it mean to be a werewolf forum. :D
Wow. Earning an award for hitting the 'delete' key a couple of times.
outwarddoodles wrote:Well when I think of the virus I think its generic. With some 'fill in the blank' spots such as gender and posibly fur color.
I figure if the virus as all the rest of the information for making a wolf, having information on fur color wouldn't be too far-fetched.
Shadow Wulf
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Shadow Wulf »

Lupin wrote:
Shadow Wulf wrote:congadulations!! I think you earn yourself an award!! go look at pack general businness in the what does it mean to be a werewolf forum. :D
Wow. Earning an award for hitting the 'delete' key a couple of times.
outwarddoodles wrote:Well when I think of the virus I think its generic. With some 'fill in the blank' spots such as gender and posibly fur color.
I figure if the virus as all the rest of the information for making a wolf, having information on fur color wouldn't be too far-fetched.
Did you check the the post i made?
Image Image
Lupin
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Lupin »

Shadow Wulf wrote:Did you check the the post i made?
Yeah, but we were getting off topic so I decided not to reply.
Shadow Wulf
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Shadow Wulf »

Lupin wrote:
Shadow Wulf wrote:Did you check the the post i made?
Yeah, but we were getting off topic so I decided not to reply.
should i make a sperate thread for that?
Image Image
Vilkacis
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Vilkacis »

Shadow Wulf wrote:should i make a sperate thread for that?
Yeah, please do. Just make a new thread, copy your message over, then delete the old post.

-- Vilkacis
Shadow Wulf
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Shadow Wulf »

Vilkacis wrote:
Shadow Wulf wrote:should i make a sperate thread for that?
Yeah, please do. Just make a new thread, copy your message over, then delete the old post.

-- Vilkacis
how you like your awards :lol:
Image Image
Ronkonkoma
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Going with the moon

Post by Ronkonkoma »

Ok, genetic diversity in WWs....now I think if you have a born WW with two WW parents, one with white fur, one with black, you could get any number of varations of that, grey fur, black with white spots, white with black, ect ect ect......

with Bitten WWs, I think there would be a mutgenic factor in there that it could be any pattern, over all fur color might match that of the former human's hair color (please, no blonde WW jokes) but I do think that you won't end up with twins or whatever, there will be plenty of variation between the two, height, weight, build, eyecolor, muzzle length, ear size...fur pattern/color..... it goes on and on, but there would be some similarity between human form and Gestalt form.