What power should a werewolf have in its possession?

This is the place for discussion and voting on various aspects of werewolf life, social ideas, physical appearance, etc. Also a place to vote on how a werewolf should look.
Lupin
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Ninja BOFH

Post by Lupin »

No, I said:
Lupin wrote:Having regeneration doesn't mean you can regrow limbs.
That just means that you can have regeneration without being able to regrow limbs. Perhaps I should have put the word 'automatically' (sp) in there. It doesn't mean you can't have regeneration where you can regrow limbs.
I don't suffer from lycanthropy, I enjoy every minute of it! Image
Shadow Wulf
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Shadow Wulf »

:( ok, i got a chance to calm down now after i ate. and i just want to say im sorry for argueing with you lupin.i got my will to argue and prove myself right from my mom side of the family. it seems like my sister got all the god stuff what my dad haves, ive got all the bad stuff my mom has. and your right, a werewolf doesnt always have to to have the ability to regrow limbs.
Every government degenerates when trusted to the rulers of the people alone. The people themselves are its only safe depositories. - Thomas Jefferson
Image Image
Fenrir
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Fenrir »

nope cause the fact that super strength aint going to do crap cause the humans are gonna have weapons, and can pick him off when hes not aware, so i want the werewolf to have really good regeneration.
oh and luuuuupin.

regeneration
The natural renewal of a structure, as of a lost tissue or part.

Origin: L. Generare = to produce, bring to life

parts as in body parts, like arms and legs.
whos got the last laugh now Mr. Lupin MUAHAHAHAHA
Oh you want to pull the Latin card do you well re means again Gener[are](this is the infinitive you don't need this) is talking about birth usually, it is usually used in the creation myth as generat ( he produce or he he brings to life) talking either about god or Prometheus. Regenerate means to pruduce again or bring life to again, and usually in latin any way is talking about bringing life back into something. Not the creation of limbs out of nothing, but sadly that is what it is used for in the englis language and even though I'am late there is no way you can be Lupim :P
Last edited by Fenrir on Sat Jul 30, 2005 9:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Nam Sibyllam quidem Cumis ego ipse oculis meis vidi in ampulla pendere et cul illi pueri dicerent 'Sibylla Ti cupisne' respondebat illa 'Cupio mortere'."

-Satyricon
Silverclaw
Mood: Meh...

Post by Silverclaw »

Proably repeating myself, but I agree with what most are saying. Just shifting to wolf, staying in gestalt form, heightened senses while in human form, and heals faster than usual. I personaly dont like the whole limbs regrowing back thing. A bit more stronger/agile in human form but nothing crazy. No superman(superwolf) stuff :D And understanding normal wolves unusally well :wink:
Shadow Wulf
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Shadow Wulf »

do you think werewolfs should be able to use conventional weapons like assault rifles, all they got to do is to be able to put here finger in the slot where the trigger is.
Every government degenerates when trusted to the rulers of the people alone. The people themselves are its only safe depositories. - Thomas Jefferson
Image Image
Fenrir
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Fenrir »

An machine gun maybe rifel of any type no! the snout would get in the way and easily interfere with aiming or get broken off in the back lash
"Nam Sibyllam quidem Cumis ego ipse oculis meis vidi in ampulla pendere et cul illi pueri dicerent 'Sibylla Ti cupisne' respondebat illa 'Cupio mortere'."

-Satyricon
Silverclaw
Mood: Meh...

Post by Silverclaw »

I dont think so. It would be diffcult to with padded fingers and claws. I think WWs are better off using their natural weapons.
Shadow Wulf
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Shadow Wulf »

Fenrir wrote:An machine gun maybe rifel of any type no! the snout would get in the way and easily interfere with aiming or get broken off in the back lash
there are ways of customizing to fit for them, but i think i might add an HK-5
Image Image
Aki
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Wolfblood

Post by Aki »

I'm pretty sure a Werewolf would only have minor diffucultly with a weapon, even a assualt rifle.
An machine gun maybe rifel of any type no! the snout would get in the way and easily interfere with aiming or get broken off in the back lash
Our noses don't get much in the way, nor do we break them while using them. Only a dumbass will press his nose against a weapon, or his eye against the scope. You put it close, not against. :P

A werewolf wouldn't have much trouble handling a pistol, or a shotgun. The only time pads would present a problem was if the finger-slot was stupidly small. Even that could be modified.
Shadow Wulf
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Shadow Wulf »

Aki wrote:I'm pretty sure a Werewolf would only have minor diffucultly with a weapon, even a assualt rifle.
Our noses don't get much in the way, nor do we break them while using them. Only a dumbass will press his nose against a weapon, or his eye against the scope. You put it close, not against. :P

A werewolf wouldn't have much trouble handling a pistol, or a shotgun. The only time pads would present a problem was if the finger-slot was stupidly small. Even that could be modified.
thanks but i might add the SMG to my U.S.W.S.F. character, but ill think about it. all he needs is the hands and foot.(and weapon) :D
Image Image
vrikasatma
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Sometimes, ya just gotta say ... BLEEEE!!
Additional Details: Digg: Gemfinder
Dragon Cave: http://dragcave.net/user/Xocowolf
Twitter: @Xocowolf
Mood: Busy

Post by vrikasatma »

I agree, some of the W:tA Gifts were just straight-up corny or thrown in for shock value...like the BSD Gifts.

I'd favour powers, though — but only up to a point. Say, emotional reactions (the moon connection), elemental control, influence over natural things, the heightened senses of course. Legendry states that wolves can see into your heart/soul. A werewolf giving vent to a special howl and summoning a great wind would be a nice twist on "I'll huff, and I'll puff, and I'll blow your house down!"
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Executive Producer (Red Victoria)

Post by Figarou »

Vrikasatma wrote:I agree, some of the W:tA Gifts were just straight-up corny or thrown in for shock value...like the BSD Gifts.

I'd favour powers, though — but only up to a point. Say, emotional reactions (the moon connection), elemental control, influence over natural things, the heightened senses of course. Legendry states that wolves can see into your heart/soul. A werewolf giving vent to a special howl and summoning a great wind would be a nice twist on "I'll huff, and I'll puff, and I'll blow your house down!"

I don't favor any powers.

I like heightened senses, being stronger, the natural werewolf stuff. No gifts or powers. I don't want these werewolves to have any relation to White Wolf.
Trinity
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Midnite artist what arts at midnite!
Mood: Excited

Post by Trinity »

Agreed, No "Supernatural" gifts or powers.

None beyound what would be more "naturalistic".
:wolfpaint:
LinkedIn - Dev Art - Behance - Facebook Page
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
She-wolf who stalked the forums when all else sane, slept.
Lupin
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Ninja BOFH

Post by Lupin »

Okay. No powers in Freeborn, but what about a more fantasy-type setting. What would be appropriate for that? I could see thing like calling wolves, and lots of regeneration, you know regrowing arms and stuff. I personally I don't really call claw shooting, and acid spitting appropriate.
Trinity
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Midnite artist what arts at midnite!
Mood: Excited

Post by Trinity »

That would depend on the setting and the "physics" bhind it as the creator/author decries. :)
:wolfpaint:
LinkedIn - Dev Art - Behance - Facebook Page
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
She-wolf who stalked the forums when all else sane, slept.
Vilkacis
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Vilkacis »

Trinity wrote:That would depend on the setting and the "physics" bhind it as the creator/author decries. :)
True, but in a fantasy setting, I would personally give werewolves as much capability for magic and whatnot as any other.

-- Vilkacis
Vuldari
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Aspiring "Reverse" Kitsune

Post by Vuldari »

Lupin wrote:Okay. No powers in Freeborn, but what about a more fantasy-type setting. What would be appropriate for that? I could see thing like calling wolves, and lots of regeneration, you know regrowing arms and stuff. I personally I don't really call claw shooting, and acid spitting appropriate.
Outside of Freeborn...Hmmm...

In a Fantasy setting, I'd say almost anything goes, but I would have to agree that firing the claws is just dumb. ...acid drool?... Depends on the nature of the beast. If it is a Demon, then Sure, otherwise, I would not take it further than poisonous venom, or just plain old slobber.

I could definately see the ability to call/command wolves. Eyes that really do GLOW in the dark would be kind of cool in the right setting, allowing them to truely see in the dark, and also make them appear really spooky. Exagerated regeneration? ...in a fantasy setting, absolutely. In that backdrop, I think it would be entirely appropriate for a person who becomes a werewolf to be mauled to a bloody corpse, with limbs strewn about...only to wake up in human form the next night, naked, but fully reformed and alive.

Also...if magic is the source of a Werewolfs form, then I would have no complaints or restrictions on how large they could become, or if the change was painful or not. I think those things would be entirely up to the needs of the story, in such a case.

...depending on the setting of the story, I could also see werewolves being able to communicate through and perhaps even travel into an elemental/spirit realm as totem beasts, or mystical guardians or some such thing.

...I say, go crazy with it...It's all good. Image
Please Forgive the Occasional Outburst of my Inner Sage ... for he is Oblivious to Sarcasm, and not Easily Silenced.

=^.^'= ~
Teh_DarkJokerWolf
Legendary
Legendary
Mood: Disappointed

Post by Teh_DarkJokerWolf »

:o WoW look how this post has grown :lol: I didn't think many would respond to this post when I put it up, but Wow :o Anyways I have heard alot about regeneration in this post and here is my 2 cents on this: A regular human can heal rather quickly from a cut or scrap, but when it comes to a gunshot it can't take weeks, months, maybe even years depending on where the bullet pierced through in the body....Since a WereWolf is a supernatural creature and your body has to go through a change, different parts of your body my be damaged during the TF and this is were the increased healing comes in and also you are a more powerful being and you are not quite human anymore things should indeed be quite different for the WereWolf, as mentioned here and in other post: increased strength, speed, agility, heighten sense(6th sense) and some other attributes also the abiltity to make a human a WereWolf through some sort of fuild exchange:Bite,claws(not really fuild exchange with this)sex,I think that even through a blood transfussion a WereWolf gene could be passed on because in human form a WereWolf's DNA is hidden so they can only be sensed by other WereWolves or other animals.....Everything a human can do, a WereWolf could better(MUCH BETTER) No comparrison with that unless of course it's a more experienced WereWolf, not particularly older just trained really well....I also believe that certain WereWolves could have certain powers.....Let me explain what I mean.....WereWolves that keep their human intelligence after they have shifted and are a witch, warlock,witch doctor, or if the WereWolves were a tribe of people who practiced witch craft and still retain their human intellect should still be able to use their powers in WereWolf form, but of course if the WereWolf is just a crazied because with not recolection of anything from their human form, then definataly NO!!!!!! :D

SabreWolf akaWereWolf Queen :howl:  :oo