TES: Oblivion

What's hot, what's not. General Video Game discussion
Kzinistzerg
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Kzinistzerg »

Sure!

Infinite View Distance For Morrowind http://www.elderscrolls.com/forums/inde ... pic=608943
Oblivion Spell Casting http://www.elderscrolls.com/forums/inde ... pic=617147

There's got to be more... some reflection/bumpmapped objects have been spotted, but I don't know how old they are.
Vuldari
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Aspiring "Reverse" Kitsune

Post by Vuldari »

I'm not a big fan of mods that change how gameplay works. They tend to break the overall experience more than they help in most cases, by my own experience. You were not intended to be able to battle that way in Morrowind. I think that sounds like it would make things too easy. ...and with no spell-cast animations, it would just be awkward and weird.

However, the "Infinite View" enhancement sounds awesome. I'll have to try that. I really liked that about Oblivion.

Thank you for sharing. Image
Please Forgive the Occasional Outburst of my Inner Sage ... for he is Oblivious to Sarcasm, and not Easily Silenced.

=^.^'= ~
darkest wolf
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: "Begin the day with a friendly voice- a companion unobtrusive, plays that song that's so elusive and the magic music makes your morning mood..."- The Spirit of Radio- Rush
Additional Details: l------------l
l------------l
l------5--3--l
l-3----5--3--l
l-3----3--1--l
l-1----------l
Mood: Excited

Post by darkest wolf »

Yeah that was cool. Damn Oblivion gate!! :x

RAH!! Stupid "Stunted" whatevers! :x

-Photo and avatar by takyoji

"He who dares wins."- Winston Churchill
Kzinistzerg
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Kzinistzerg »

...............SHIVERING ISLES!!!!

I'm surprised no one else has brought this up! It's almost a morrowind-type landscape.
Aki
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Wolfblood

Post by Aki »

Kzinistzerg wrote:...............SHIVERING ISLES!!!!

I'm surprised no one else has brought this up! It's almost a morrowind-type landscape.
I'm more surprised no one brought up Knights of the Nine.

Most kickass DLC ever.

But, yeah, SI looks good.

They even reversed the lame a** appearance and look they gave Sheo in vanilla OB. Now the cane-wielding banker Sheo is back. Awesome. B)

There's also the whole gatekeeper bit which has me going "this is gonna RULE".

But, I don't think the landscape is that Morrowind-ish. It's got giant mushrooms and that's it.
Vuldari
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Aspiring "Reverse" Kitsune

Post by Vuldari »

Yeah...I'm looking forward to Shivering Isles. (Knights of the Nine was just a new quest...not much more...)

From what I know of it, it sounds like this is just the excuse I need to save up for a new graphics card again so I can play it when it comes out.
( Since my old one went 'Kaput' and my even-OLDER one, which I'm using now, just doesn't have enough power. )

Yeah...it DOES look alot like Morrowind (more than the rest of OB anyway) but with HUGE Fortresses and other elaborate construction too, which is cool as far as I'm concerned because I LOVED Morrowind. Image

...I'm inclined to agree about going back to the MW version of Sheogorath too. He was my favorite of the 'gods' in Morrowind.

...LOL...the "Fork of Horripilation"... Image
Please Forgive the Occasional Outburst of my Inner Sage ... for he is Oblivious to Sarcasm, and not Easily Silenced.

=^.^'= ~
Aki
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Wolfblood

Post by Aki »

Vuldari wrote:Yeah...I'm looking forward to Shivering Isles. (Knights of the Nine was just a new quest...not much more...)
It was an entire faction, actually. With some nice gear (boots that make nature no longer want to viciously murder me, YAY!), a solid story (especially compared to some guilds) and some nifty lore-stuffs.

It added some much needed elements to OB, I believe. Hopefully SI will continue in that aspect. From the sounds of it thus far, it will.