New members.

Welcome to "The Pack" forum! Come tell us about yourself!!
Shadow Wulf
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Shadow Wulf »

I was reffering to Frost. :P Fenrir got Celtic confused that blaock head.
Every government degenerates when trusted to the rulers of the people alone. The people themselves are its only safe depositories. - Thomas Jefferson
Image Image
Vilkacis
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Vilkacis »

Celtic Kierm wrote:
Fenrir wrote:SW this could be considered spamming but would you ban Celtic Kierm for spamming cause he's new and trying to get the feel of the forum
K, first of all, i'm a girl, second of all ,SW, I haven't been posting stupid random things, i'm trying to get to know everyone. I don't want to be rude, but it definately feels like i'm being insulted. If people keep on posting things that you don't agree with, ignore them, don't sit there and badger them about how stupid they're being, 'cause that's only an encouragement. Am I out of line here... :?
First of all, Welcome to the Pack, Celtic Kierm :howl:  :oo

I'm a bit disappointed to see that you have felt unwelcome; no one should feel so poorly received here. One of my biggest goals is to keep this place as friendly as it was when I first arrived. I hope you'll allow us a chance to make you feel more comfortable.

This whole situation, having read through it, seems to me a series of rather unfortunate coincidences and misunderstandings. Rest assured, nobody has grounds to complain of anything you said or did.

As for Fenrir's post (in the quote above), although I can see how it would be easily misconstrued, I actually believe it to be saying much the opposite as it may have been interpreted. It seems to me that Fenrir was, in fact, using you as an example of someone he did not believe was spamming. (In any case, his dragging you haplessly into an argument could be considered bad form.)

I hope you'll have a better experience in the future; I want you to enjoy your stay here.
:D

As for the rest of you, please keep your arguments out of the Introduction thread. This thread--moreso than any other--ought to be calm, consistent, and, above all, friendly. So keep the off-topic out, please.

Secondly, if you have issues with Frost, or any Pack member, for that matter, you need to talk to them directly. Broadcasting a complaint to everyone, without so much as giving them a chance to fix whatever it is that's irking you, is just plain rude.

Finally, you really need to look closely at how quickly you jumped to 'ban.' That should, frankly, always be your last option, not your first.

Thank you,
-- Vilkacis
Nishah
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Infuriae

Post by Nishah »

Well.... I've seem to have missed a lot of people getting in...
My bad... :(

Welcome to all those new boys and girls ! :P

I'll try and be nice :lol:
Sister of Wolves, seek your compagnions
You hear the call of the wild,
I summon your instincts
- Hagalaz Runedance/wake skadi
young_wolfbrother
Pack Leader
Pack Leader
Custom Title: The Werewolf Pinball

Post by young_wolfbrother »

Hey. I'm new to the Pack. I'm Young Wolfbrother, though usually just called Wolfbrother. I've been a wolf lover since I was a child, and have had a like for werewolves for years. I am also a recently discovered therian. I'm still trying to understand it.

I'm an EMT in training in California, hoping to move to away from the evil state.

I'm a writer and an artist by hobby. Neither are any good, but I try. I usually theme my work around things that mean something to me (duh, right?) so it's to be expected that I write/draw wolves and werewolves.

Anyway, that's me in a brief explanation. Glad to be here.
Wolfbrother
"Those who can't draw, write. Those who can't write, sing. Those who can't sing... do so anyway."

"Ooh! I just had a headache with pictures!"
"You mean a thought?"
Timber-WoIf
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Timber-WoIf »

welcome to the pack! Looking forward to any art! (i like stories ^^)

(hmm... i think thats the first time i've welcomed someone sense i've been here...)
Deviantart? Why'd I do this?
I am relentlessly agressive

Image<--- THEY PWN U
Scott Gardener
Legendary
Legendary
Mood: Excited

Post by Scott Gardener »

Fellow writer / artist / wolf therian / medical professional? Welcome! Glad to have another here! I'm a bit of a writer and drawer myself, though my drawing, at least of werewolves, has a lot of catching up to do compared to my writing. I'm an osteopathic physician, trained in family practice, but doing small community hospital ER work even as I type this.

We have a number of therians here, including some very prominant members of the organized therianthropic community, such as the artist Goldenwolf. We also have general werewolf enthusiasts who don't neccessarily see themselves in the part, but who can understand and cope with the idea without thinking you're nuts.

Of course, if someone does decide that we therians are certifiable, what are they going to do? Call an ambulance?
Taking a Gestalt approach, since it's the "in" thing...
young_wolfbrother
Pack Leader
Pack Leader

Scott Gardener wrote:Of course, if someone does decide that we therians are certifiable, what are they going to do? Call an ambulance?
Yeah, the ambulance I'm driving. :lol: Oh well...

I haven't started drawing werewolves yet, but I'm working my way to that, eventually. My passion is writing, but I like drawing too.
Wolfbrother
"Those who can't draw, write. Those who can't write, sing. Those who can't sing... do so anyway."

"You mean a thought?"
Ancient
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Keeper of useless knowledge and information

Post by Ancient »

:welcome: wolfbrother
The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the source of all art and science.-Albert Einstein
Set
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Devil in disguise

Post by Set »

young_wolfbrother wrote:I'm an EMT in training in California, hoping to move to away from the evil state.
A bit of advice: Don't move here! South Carolina is just a stone's throw away from hell I tell ya. And you have to deal with over-religious rednecks to boot. Worst of both worlds.

:roll:
Grayheart
Game Master
Game Master
Custom Title: The Striding Stranger

Post by Grayheart »

:welcome: young wolfbrother! Enjoy your stay!
In wildness is the preservation of the world
So seek the wolf in thyself!

(Metallica - Of Wolf and Man)
chezarawolf
Legendary
Legendary

Post by chezarawolf »

Whoo! It's been a while. Welcome to the pack, everyone who joined as I was gone. :welcome: It's good to back. I was hanging out at Were.net while replies here were a bit slow, and then I was like "Oh CRAP! Iforgot about the Pack!" So I'm sorry about that...*Dodges a couple of rocks everyone throws* :cry:
Me loves you guys long time! :howl:  :oo
Hark
Hear the howl that eats the moon alive
Your fur is on fire, the smoke turns the sky raven black
And the world upon you back will crack
Lupin
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Ninja BOFH

Post by Lupin »

Welcome to The Pack young_wolfbrother!

Watch out for duckies! :missed:
I don't suffer from lycanthropy, I enjoy every minute of it! Image
Short Tail
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Resident Chakat

Post by Short Tail »

Speaking of spamming look at our newest member holm11. I think the bot needs to taste the ban-hammer, especialy with a website like that :sickpup:
"War is over if you want it to be. Imagine all the people living life in peace." - John & Yoko
Shadow Wulf
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Shadow Wulf »

Oh god that is totaly inappropiate and we do not need a link to that.
Every government degenerates when trusted to the rulers of the people alone. The people themselves are its only safe depositories. - Thomas Jefferson
Image Image
Scott Gardener
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Scott Gardener »

Spambots, gah!

But to the rest of you, welcome to The Pack! (So young, so naive... I remember with watery eyes...)

:welcome:
Machine-Whisperer
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: At an Observational status

Post by Machine-Whisperer »

tap.tap.tap.. is this thing on?!.

Ahem... Hello peoples of various origins.

I would just like to introduce myself.

I am an amature 3D artist and also a appreciator of therianthropy. I have taken notice of this site some time ago and have only recently decided to be a part of it.

although I am technically not a lycanthrope, mentally or physically, I wish to know more about this interesting subject.

consider me as a little floating camera taking snapshots here and there.
Bah... Stupid Case sensitive Email. Lets try this again !
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Executive Producer (Red Victoria)

Post by Figarou »

:welcome: Machine-Whisperer

Have a duckie!! Its delicious and nutritious!! Tastes just like chicken!!

:tongue:
Machine-Whisperer
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: At an Observational status

Post by Machine-Whisperer »

ahh much thanks.. But I have other uses for duckies. http://www.deviantart.com/view/27703397/
Bah... Stupid Case sensitive Email. Lets try this again !
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Executive Producer (Red Victoria)

Post by Figarou »

Machine-Whisperer wrote:ahh much thanks.. But I have other uses for duckies. http://www.deviantart.com/view/27703397/
As do I!!!

:badminton2: :catchduckie: :duckieinmouth: :ducktoss3:
wewolves

Hi, I'm new

Post by wewolves »

Hallo, I am writing from Italy.
I have just discovered THE PACK searching for werewolves' forums, and wish to hilight something.
First let me introduce myself: I am 43, great passion for werewolves and horror/fantasy tales. Wildlife photographer, documentarist, graphic artist, multimedia programmer.
Given the background I am here basically for your help.
Last year I decided to start off a documentary featuring werewolfism.
I was really thrilled about the idea (and still I am!) so I gathered some friends and colleagues (cameraman, assistants, actors and so on...) and we spent some months writing, shooting and editing the documentary.
First of all I decided it had to be in English for an international audience, then the closest friend of mine sugested to make it available on line.
We've done it.
It is a 15 minutes documentary, and I really like it but it is a very low budget one, so do not expect to find many werewolves in it - there are just a couple of them. You have no idea on how difficoult it is to manage 3D carachters when you are not a professional 3D animator/modeller!

However, I like the basic idea that stands behind the project, the most interesting part of the documentary being what you listen to, not the visual component.
I would like to re-shoot it in a more effective way and hopefully find investors.
So take it as it is at this stage, just for general evaluation.

I would really appreciate your comments and sugestions (and critiques) along with any help you can provide.

Please visit my homepage, trailer available and music download too. The movie is a 40.2 Mg quicktime file but currently I am working to offer a bigger window download, so... stay tuned!

Have fun and thank you all!

Michele
Renorei
Legendary
Legendary

Re: Hi, I'm new

Post by Renorei »

wewolves wrote:Hallo, I am writing from Italy.
I have just discovered THE PACK searching for werewolves' forums, and wish to hilight something.
First let me introduce myself: I am 43, great passion for werewolves and horror/fantasy tales. Wildlife photographer, documentarist, graphic artist, multimedia programmer.
Given the background I am here basically for your help.
Last year I decided to start off a documentary featuring werewolfism.
I was really thrilled about the idea (and still I am!) so I gathered some friends and colleagues (cameraman, assistants, actors and so on...) and we spent some months writing, shooting and editing the documentary.
First of all I decided it had to be in English for an international audience, then the closest friend of mine sugested to make it available on line.
We've done it.
It is a 15 minutes documentary, and I really like it but it is a very low budget one, so do not expect to find many werewolves in it - there are just a couple of them. You have no idea on how difficoult it is to manage 3D carachters when you are not a professional 3D animator/modeller!

However, I like the basic idea that stands behind the project, the most interesting part of the documentary being what you listen to, not the visual component.
I would like to re-shoot it in a more effective way and hopefully find investors.
So take it as it is at this stage, just for general evaluation.

I would really appreciate your comments and sugestions (and critiques) along with any help you can provide.

Please visit my homepage, trailer available and music download too. The movie is a 40.2 Mg quicktime file but currently I am working to offer a bigger window download, so... stay tuned!

Have fun and thank you all!

Michele
Cool! Can you post a link to it?
Shadow Wulf
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Shadow Wulf »

He does. its below his post, right where it says www
Image Image
young_wolfbrother
Pack Leader
Pack Leader

YAY!!!! *tackles the two new members* I'm not the newest one now!!! Thank you!!!

*ehem*

I mean, welcome to the pack. Enjoy, have fun, and all that jibberish. :howl:  :oo
Wolfbrother

"You mean a thought?"
Scott Gardener
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Scott Gardener »

Thanks for offering it.

As you know, The Pack was originally founded for fan input on a movie, which remains in pre-production but has expanded because of fan input from "Devoured," a $50,000 (U.S.) direct-to-video, to Freeborn, a $6.1 million motion picture with a theatrical release. The film's primary creative force are major figures here, and a portion of the site is dedicated to following the progress of the movie.

Glad to see more film-makers taking notice of the site, and it's my hope that over time, filmmakers and other artists can pick talents from people here to help get these things brought to life.
Vilkacis
Legendary
Legendary

Re: Hi, I'm new

Post by Vilkacis »

First of all, Welcome to the Pack, wewolves! :howl:  :oo
I hope you enjoy your stay here :D
wewolves wrote:I would really appreciate your comments and sugestions (and critiques) along with any help you can provide.
So as to avoid too many off-topic posts in the Introduction thread, I made a new thread for the discussion of your documentary here:
http://calypso-blue.com/werewolf/viewtopic.php?t=2094

-- Vilkacis