What's your hobby or job or what do you do for a living?

The place for anything at all...
MattSullivan
Legendary
Legendary

Post by MattSullivan »

gonna move the letter writing topic to the Camp lycanthrope forum so this can get back on topic.
fredriksam
Legendary
Legendary

Post by fredriksam »

Oh what a funny werewolf i am. come joining the eating party...
Midnight
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Midnight »

MattSullivan wrote:It's not like we American animators haven't been TRYING to get more adult films made. We just aren't the ones with the money. We have to rely on pitching to executives who hold our careers in their hands.
"Adult" is probably the issue... (And I mean "adult" as in stuff that an adult can watch and not feel talked down to, not "adult" as in dirty stuff). What needs to happen is that people have to stop thinking "cartoons are for kids". Until that happens... anything put out by a big company is probably going to end up sanitised so that Mr. and Mrs. Prude can watch it with their ten year old and not write rude letters to the movie company about the film...
KittyRose
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: The Spotted Feline Writer

Post by KittyRose »

Well, currently I work at my church's religion school as the Secretary. I need to open up the school, answer phones, keep track of who's absent (students and teachers), get food for the office, and a bunch of other fun stuff. But by the time summer rolls around and the school closes for the season, I'm going to need to find a job.

As for hobbies, well I write (sometimes before my classes or at night after school), keep track of the music on my iPod, and read (if I have time). I'm also on my school's news paper staff as one of the writers. I've written two tv reviews (Heroes and The Black Donnellys) already.
DeviantART
Meez

:wolfpaint: Avatar created by Z
MattSullivan
Legendary
Legendary

Post by MattSullivan »

You're more right than you know Midnight. And just imagine, if I were to use the world "adult" in conjunction with "werewolf movie" Some people might get the impression that means hard core bestiality in the movie. LOL. Whichof course, there isn't the slightest suggestion of.

No, to me adult means throwing a lot of drama, some violence, suspense...anything that really doesn't fit in a kiddie-friendly, pandering sort of mode.
lupine
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Lead us Not into Temptation.... I can find the way by myself
Mood: Meh...

Post by lupine »

I work for AIRBUS UK, in Broughton in North Wales. It's where they make the wings for all their planes. I work as a Paint Sprayer. It's dirty and dangerous, but it pays well. I, unfortunately, get only a little spare time as I tend to hammer the overtime, but when I do get a day off, I spend it with my family. I enjoy walking with the dogs, and I like watching Rugby. Chilling out for me is a nice cold wheat beer, an occasional smoke :wink: , video games and the odd movie. :D
Well be, thy one. And wisdom too. And grew, and joyed in my growth. From a word to a word, I was led to a word. From a deed...to another deed.

"I'm the Dude. So that's what you call me. You know, that or, uh, His Dudeness, or uh, Duder, or El Duderino if you're not into the whole brevity thing."
Baphnedia

Post by Baphnedia »

Ooooh fun. I'm sure I've posted something in this regard before...

For the next couple months, I'll still be considered an Army Recruiter, before I go back to being a real soldier in May. Got a T-shirt from Iraq, and will get my second one in 2008. I'll either be out of the army in one of the three timeperiods: Mid 2011 or late 2019.

As for me, I'm an internationally published composer and televised violinist. Keep a look out as I'll post about some of my goings-on (when I have time to make stuff happen).
Everyday should be Towel Day.
Sekrit Identity: What?
Paradice Games: .com, Forums & Facebook
NetherMoon
Pack Leader
Pack Leader

Post by NetherMoon »

At the moment I am unemployed :( but sometimes I work in museums or private collections or conventions and so on, just standing still, dressed up, neverending smile. Sometimes I can speak, also!!! "May I help you, sir?" Usually they want to know where the toilet is. Great...!
And I study Japanese (well, I try to).

My hobbies... I'm a nonprofessional ballet dancer (I was too old when I started, but that doesn't mean I'm not serious in doing it :wink: ).
I like anthropology, I'm doing some research about the structure of genesis of a monster in folklore, in particular japanese monsters. I'm also interested in what I call Images from Madness, that is, the artistic production by unsound minded people. It's just an interest, I am not a psychologist, though I maybe psycotic, eh!

I collect original cds and other stuff by Jethro Tull 8) Ian, I love you forever!
I'm a RoleGames addict. WW The Apocalypse and WW the forsaken above all. :lol:
NetherMoon

Respect Those Beneath Ye - All Are of Gaia
vrikasatma
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Sometimes, ya just gotta say ... BLEEEE!!
Additional Details: Digg: Gemfinder
Dragon Cave: http://dragcave.net/user/Xocowolf
Twitter: @Xocowolf
Mood: Busy

Post by vrikasatma »

"I'm also interested in what I call Images from Madness, that is, the artistic production by unsound minded people."

You're probably familiar with these, then:

(Note: the above was painted entirely by hand)

So, you're in Italia? I've been wanting to go over there. Specifically, I want to write a book about Il Parco dei Mostri in Bomarzo.
NetherMoon
Pack Leader
Pack Leader

Post by NetherMoon »

These painting are very famous! By Wain, if I'm not wrong. Showing a progressive worsening in the schizophrenia that tormented him. All are cats.
I find them very impressive, they remind me of fractals. I think it's interesting to note the repetiton of geometric motives and the mirror-like organization. My theory is that it can be traced a connection between this sort of "madness language" and the pictorial language of buddhist mandala. Jung studied mandalas, but I have not read his essays on this theme yet.

Bomarzo! Really interesting. If you need help, just ask me. I cannot buy you a ticket to Italy :lol: but I can provide info, contacts and/or bibliography info easily
NetherMoon

Respect Those Beneath Ye - All Are of Gaia
dnl
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: one wrapped in shadows

Post by dnl »

I work freelance on computers and anything ell's that people ask me to do.
I'm interested in things like computer engineering and computer science. Along with theoretical physics, psychology, technology, weapon tech, mathematics, and anything ell's I find interesting.
In_Cruce_Salus
Legendary
Legendary

Post by In_Cruce_Salus »

I'm currently a high school student who spends his time studying, writing reports, and answering questions and problems that will never pertain to my personal or professional life, like "i x i^7 = ?" and "How did the Russians defeat Napoleon?"(Napoleon was awsome, by the way.):wink:
I want to be a psychologist (research psychology, I don't have the temperament for a therapist). When I'm not doing school work, I can usually be found reading, writing, or daydreaming. My main hobbies would have to be martial arts and writing. Lately, I've also been spending a lot of my time worrying about colleges, scholarships, and money in general.
-Cruce
Initial Here: ___
Here: ___
And Here: ___

Sign on the dotted line: .................................