A-kon 18

General convention type stuff.
Kaebora
Custom Title: Werehare In Disguise
Mood: RAR!

Post by Kaebora »

Or... really mess with Fig by going full body armor. :D

It's about time that we start planning out Pack festivities in advance. Last year we had problems with misinformation. So... what stuff do we want to schedule do as a group? We can at least try and get a concrete idea of where we can meet on June 1st to plan things out.
Lurking softly, reading your posts, loving your ideas...
-Kaebora
Scott Gardener
Legendary
Legendary
Mood: Excited

Post by Scott Gardener »

Cathey and I are considering using our room as a Pack meeting place one evening. We're getting a suite.
Taking a Gestalt approach, since it's the "in" thing...
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Executive Producer (Red Victoria)

Post by Figarou »

Scott Gardener wrote:Cathey and I are considering using our room as a Pack meeting place one evening. We're getting a suite.

Oooo.....I'll be tossing duckies in there for sure. :jester:

(That's if I go.) :(
Kaebora

Post by Kaebora »

We definatly will have to shove some furniture aside to make room for that, Fig. :D With the tennant's permission of course. :wink:

Hey Jon, that would definatly be appreciated. We always could use a room to have private meetings in. The next best thing would be to rent a conference room at the Adam's Mark, or that hotel across the street. That can get costly.

The only thing that really has to be planned out is the first original meeting time/place. From there, all the details can be ironed out. Further meeting times, events, and were we can go to eat, hang out, and howl at the moon. That last one is open for debate.
:P
-Kaebora
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Figarou »

Kaebora wrote:The only thing that really has to be planned out is the first original meeting time/place. From there, all the details can be ironed out. Further meeting times, events, and were we can go to eat, hang out, and howl at the moon. That last one is open for debate.
:P

HA!!! I checked the calander to see when the full moon is out in June.

http://stardate.org/nightsky/moon/index ... &Submit=Go

It's on June 1st. Which happens to be Friday......the 1st day of A-kon. Man!!! I GOT to see about going now!!!

:howl:  :oo

(There is a small chance I could make it. Some of the other Exxon drivers knows I want to go to this event.)

:D
Kaebora

Post by Kaebora »

What a coincidence X2! The last A-Kon had a full moon as well. Is this an Omen of good fortune or what? :o

Keep working at it Fig. We all hope you can come. I had to find a buisness "loophole" for me to get the time off 5 months in advance. Maybe your company has something similar.
-Kaebora
Scott Gardener
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Scott Gardener »

Holy crappolla! What are the odds!?! That'll mean full moon Friday and Saturday night, as well as Thursday night, to those early birds who get in the night before.

Cathey and I will be spending a good part of A-Kon at A-Kon, but we'll certainly want to be at most Pack meeting events. We had in mind using our room for at least one big get-together, though we might be able to use it as a more central venue even than that, depending on Cathey and our two roommates--my sister Alicia and her husband Michael, who actually works security at the Con (and has for a number of years.) Still, we may also need the room for privacy part of the time, too, so we probably won't replace other places like, say, the Cashel Entertainment display that continuously runs the Freeborn teaser.
Silverclaw
Mood: Meh...

Post by Silverclaw »

Heh, the whole reason why I'm coming is for any and all Pack/Freeborn related stuff :D

Hope that you all get to come! :howl:  :oo
PariahPoet
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: The one and only were-jaguarundi!

Post by PariahPoet »

Awesome! Glad you can make it too Silverclaw! :howl:  :oo
Teh_DarkJokerWolf
Legendary
Legendary
Mood: Disappointed

Post by Teh_DarkJokerWolf »

*HOWLS* I can't wait to see ya'll!!! I just checked flights an it's going to be 49 one way for me so I only gotta pay 100 for my flight there an back, 118 with tax not to bad
:Jester3: I heart Southwest :love:
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Figarou »

Ok....I'm still not sure if I'll be able to go. But I'll tell you what I know.

When June comes around...I'll only have 3 days of vacation saved up. (I get 1 day per month until the end of the year.) Now...the current vacation schedule is almost filled up. Which is good because they'll start over with a new one.

When its my turn to pick.......The 1st weekend of June "should" be open. The only thing that'll mess me up is another driver picking that weekend. But I seriously doubt it when Independence Day, Xmas, and Thanksgiving are the 1st to go.

If the slot is open..I'm going to pick Friday, Saturday and Sunday. I'm hoping I'm off anywhere from Thursday to Monday. That way I can have more time to stay. If not...I'm going to have to leave early Sunday to return to work on Monday.

Well....here's hoping I get to pick the days I want.
Kaebora

Post by Kaebora »

...and Fig finally found the loophole! :D Similar story for me as well. I'm glad that your chances sound higher than before.
Teh_DarkJokerWolf wrote:*HOWLS* I can't wait to see ya'll!!! I just checked flights an it's going to be 49 one way for me so I only gotta pay 100 for my flight there an back, 118 with tax not to bad
:Jester3: I heart Southwest :love:
In regards to a plane ticket, it will cost me $300 two-way (flying from Albuquerque). Looking over the way Southwest operates, you can get the same ticket for $100, but that means you have to be on stand-by. Meaning, you pick up whatever seats are left over. If it's a full flight, you're out of luck. You aren't flying stand-by are you Joker? That's risky. If they run out of seats, you would have to wait until the next flight to Dallas. I'd hate to hear that you're stuck in an airport on stand-by. I had to do that once, and was stuck in Cincinatti overnight. It sucks.

Then again, the first weekend of June is usually a slow time of year for air travel.
-Kaebora
Teh_DarkJokerWolf
Legendary
Legendary

Nope I 'm certainly not Kaebora..I never heard of this standby :Jester3: I did notice one thing though, all flights coming back are booked so I have to get a slightly more expensive flight, but it's still under 200 bucks thankfully :P $159 heh it's even cheaper than my last trip to a-kon :Jester3: *jigs*
White Paw

Post by White Paw »

finally got my badge confirmation . i had to cancel payment on the check i sent over a month ago and just fill out and pay online. so im good now yay!!! still look foward to meeting whomever is going....hope all you feel the same cause im excited... :D hwlwnk
Scott Gardener
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Scott Gardener »

Standby for takeoff:

"Flying standby" means that you're buying a ticket right at the last minute. It's not the cheapest way to travel, nor is it the safest, since airlines as if occasionally over-book, knowing that a certain percentage of passengers don't show up. If the plane still has open seats, you can buy a ticket on the spot. More often, flying standby means you have to wait until a certain time, and then you can nab the seat of whoever didn't show up on time. It's very last-minute.

But, on a related note, it's one of the best ways to see Cirque du Soleil in Las Vegas, because the reserved seats that get released are often in or near the front row, reserved to be available for VIPs and released when less than all of them are given or sold through various concierge services and the like.

OK, probably one of the worst kept secrets, but this is what I'm going to wear to A-Kon:

http://www.thepacksden.com/gallery/albu ... ott_01.jpg
http://www.thepacksden.com/gallery/albu ... ott_02.jpg
http://www.thepacksden.com/gallery/albu ... ott_03.jpg

Outfit designed and made by ShadowSaber.
Teh_DarkJokerWolf
Legendary
Legendary

Scott Gardener wrote:Standby for takeoff:

"Flying standby" means that you're buying a ticket right at the last minute. It's not the cheapest way to travel, nor is it the safest, since airlines as if occasionally over-book, knowing that a certain percentage of passengers don't show up. If the plane still has open seats, you can buy a ticket on the spot. More often, flying standby means you have to wait until a certain time, and then you can nab the seat of whoever didn't show up on time. It's very last-minute.

But, on a related note, it's one of the best ways to see Cirque du Soleil in Las Vegas, because the reserved seats that get released are often in or near the front row, reserved to be available for VIPs and released when less than all of them are given or sold through various concierge services and the like.

OK, probably one of the worst kept secrets, but this is what I'm going to wear to A-Kon:

http://www.thepacksden.com/gallery/albu ... ott_01.jpg
http://www.thepacksden.com/gallery/albu ... ott_02.jpg
http://www.thepacksden.com/gallery/albu ... ott_03.jpg

Outfit designed and made by ShadowSaber.
HAHA!! I can't wait to see that up close :Jester3: Turned out great it did :howl:  :oo
PariahPoet
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: The one and only were-jaguarundi!

Post by PariahPoet »

Oh dude, that's nice! :D
SS did a great job in it!
Haha, I bet our little costumed group will be getting quite a bit of attention! :lol:
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Figarou »

Ok...

I told the boss my vacation plans and he said he can work with me. Memorial day is observed the weekend before A-kon. (Monday the 28th of May.) Thats going to be a busy weekend. Since I'm already sheduled to work that day, I should have no problem getting the next weekend off. (June 1st-3rd.)

I hope my boss doesn't change his mind. The reason why I said that is because he "blacked out" the weeks that has a holiday. Meaning I can't get Memorial day, Labor Day, Halloween, Thanksgiving, and Xmas off. I told him I just needed 3 days.

Well....cross your fingers and hope that I get those days off for A-kon. :D
White Paw

Post by White Paw »

Good luck Fig. hope you get them.. :) hwlwnk
Teh_DarkJokerWolf
Legendary
Legendary

White Paw wrote:Good luck Fig. hope you get them.. :) hwlwnk
Ditto.. :(
Scott Gardener
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Scott Gardener »

Glad you can make it!
Kaebora

Post by Kaebora »

The maybe meter finally is just bearly breaking the "yes" level. Glad to hear it Fig. :D

SWEET costume by the way, Jon. :)
-Kaebora
Scott Gardener
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Scott Gardener »

Thanks. Glad you're coming, too! I was getting worried about a number of you.
Kaebora

Post by Kaebora »

Indeed. It's 100% positive for me. I was just informed today that my requested days off went through. It's set in stone with my company. I'm THERE! :D
-Kaebora
White Paw

Post by White Paw »

awesome Keabora cant wait to meet you and everyone else... all my stuff is set im just playing that gruelling waiting game... :D