Alone and Afriad

Here you can role-play as your favorite character in a loose and informal setting.

Moderators: Silvermoon, Silver Predator Wolf, Wingman, Thunderclaw

Miguel
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Keep it Copacetic!
Mood: Happy

Post by Miguel »

Jimaki looked around and pulled a knife from the holster on his belt. "Sarah, I want you to have this. I made this in my spare time." The knife was clean and shined bright. He set it down and walked back to Tsume.
Nishah
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Infuriae

Post by Nishah »

Broken-fang had put is head on his front paws, lying down in a very calm manner, ears not even moving to pick up sound around him. As Jimaki speaks to him from a little distance he turns but one of his ears to listen and gives a low growl in return. Not agressive, merely an aknowlegdement of having heard him, but with no anwser....

When Sarah sits near him and puts her hand on his shoulder, she feels the muscles twitching as if he did not expect this, but there is little other reaction. Her words are attentively listended to, as Broken-Fang lifts his head and rolls to his side to get a clear look at her. His eyes are sad, clouded with some inner pain that was not to be seen before...

*In Wolf tongue* Sarah-Child-Of-Dark-Moon, your father has done you great pain... I saw the longing in your eyes, the lonelyness that this life has bestowed upon you. You should have lived in a pack... his pack... but he had none to offer you, even after his rage that night. Dark-Moon has been looking for you ever since... to offer you his regrets and ask that you either erase them in blood or kinship...
I... he wants you to know he will welcome you to his pack if you would choose... A pack formed of you and him. If you wish it, he will accept your friend Tsume as well, if such would be your wish... Jimaki... he can be gifted with our power at your request... to make amends...

The pain that was seen in Broken-Fangs eyes comes into full bloom as he nears the end of his speech to Sarah. He stands up and takes a few paces back, as if the presence of Sarah is the cause of this pain. Meer seconds later he steps closer again... within reach of Sarah's newfound knife... lifting his head to show his throat...
Ancient
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Keeper of useless knowledge and information

Post by Ancient »

Sarah looked at the knife as Jimaki laid it down it was one of the few gifts she had ever recived.

As Broken-Fang spoke to her she stayed seated. She listened intently. She then caught the word I in place of he and spoke gently.

"Who are you really?"

As Broken-Fang presented her his throat she got up and backed away. As if in shock or confusion. Her warm honey colored eyes looked at Broken-Fang with a questioning.
The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the source of all art and science.-Albert Einstein
Miguel
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Miguel »

Jimaki walked to Sarah. He looked at her face and looked to Broken-Fang. "Who are you? Sarah isn't just going to back away from you for no reason." He stood in a defensive stance towards Broken-Fang.
Nishah
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Nishah »

Broken-Fang waited for some time with his head held high. No words issued from his throat while he stood there waiting for a blow to fall... When Sarah's words had died away and Jimaki's query had been left to fade in the winds, Broken-Fang dropped his head and began the slow shift to his War-form... The amber eyes still clouded with sorrow but fixed solely on Sarah, ignoring all others

*Wolf-tongue* I am Broken-Fang, known as such after the scar that cost me my right fang in the battle against Shadow-Runner, Beta-Male of my Warpack.... after I had been cast out from my tribe... after they had taken my name.... I am the shell of the Lycan called Dark-Moon.... Dark-Moon-Man-Slayer, the so-called mad wolf....
I am the source of your pain and misery...
And I ask for your wrath or kenning...

The massive warform kneeled before Sarah, so their eyes would meet... Again he raised his head to expose his throat
Ancient
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Ancient »

Sarah laid a hand on Jimaki's shoulder and said gently.
"Peace Jimaki he means no harm."
She then removed her hand listening intently to Broken-Fang.

When he knelt before her she took a step forward and placed a gentle hand on the top of the great wolf's head and said softly.

"I forgive you. I think I always have."

(Ah, I edited it after everyone saw it but I fixed a typo. Better late than never. :lol: )
Last edited by Ancient on Mon Jan 02, 2006 9:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the source of all art and science.-Albert Einstein
Miguel
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Miguel »

Jimaki let down his guard and nodded politely. "Sarah what is wrong? You had a look on your face that seemed bothered." He looked to Broken-Fang and groaned. "I don't know where you came from, but I will trust you if Sarah does."
Ancient
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Ancient »

She looks to Jimaki.
"Jimaki this is the wolf who made me what I am."
She said simply and truthfuly.That was one of her gifts simple truth.
Miguel
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Miguel »

Jimaki sighed and nodded. " I see it coming together. I now see the connection."
Nishah
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Nishah »

Broken-Fang lowers his head when Sarah placed her hand on it, looking into her eyes again. His gaze is somewhat more peacefull, but the feelings still linger behind the more hopefull eyes. He takes Sarah's hand in one of his massive paws and gently presses it against the side of his snout, softly sniffing it and giving it a few very small and carefull licks.

*Wolf-speech* I hope your words echo in your heart, my child. I wish for nothing more than to let you be able to enjoy this new life I have given you. And for us to enjoy eachother's presence...
What I said untill now has been true.... What I did to you, I did in search of companionship... for someone who would not see me through the eyes of my old tribe....
But I realised I could not offer you anything so I hestitated... for too long and I lost track of you... Your scent was masked by that of Ghost-Storm and her spirits... so I lost you... until some days ago... I've been folling you ever since...
Will you do me te honour of joining with me in the bond of the pack ?
Ancient
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Ancient »

Sarah smiles and a tear falls across her cheek. This is the bond that she had missed out on for awhile now.

"I would be honored to join you in the bond of the pack."

Her warm honey colored eyes seemed to have a newfound hope behind them.
Miguel
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Miguel »

Jimaki stood behind her and wondered what pack she was talking about. He put his hand on her shoulder and said, "Well whatever pack you are joining...i'm coming too." He wasn't sure what Broken-Fang said, but was guessing he was asking Sarah to join a pack.
Nishah
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Nishah »

As Jimaki made his statement and conluded he'd just join the pack as well, Broken-Fang's eyes changed... the rich amber shifted to a deeper hue of orange, then deep blood red... all the while a low growl rose louder and louder from deep within his chest, lips drawing back to reveal his name-sake fangs.

Never letting go of Sarah's hand, ever gently cradled in the massive left paw of the wolf's War-from, Broken-Fang rose to his full hight, feral crimson eyes boring into Jimaki who stood there.

With his right arm, he slowly drew her closer, until she stood right next to him, his fur already touching her side. Slowly, Broken-Fang's head lowered to speak softly to Sarah - flecks of amber returning in the otherwise rage-filled stare

*Wolf-speech* Does the human understand what he just asked ? Dark-Moon does not take humans... Does not tolerate humans near his pack...
Do you wish him ? Is he... different enough ?
He can be a gift.. his life for the one I couldn't give you...

Slowly, as he continues speaking to Sarah, the red fades and the calm deep amber eyes return to Broken-fang's face.

*Human speech* No... I shouldn't.... be... like that anymore.... But he cannot join us unless you ask me to... then I will do what must be done... I will kill his human... and make him anew... only if you ask, my child.

His gaze shifts from Sarah, back to Jimaki, where the eyes take on their full blazing red colour again... delving deep into Jimaki's own eyes, clawing at his human restraint, daring him to run...
Miguel
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Miguel »

Jimaki backed away towards Tsume. "You won't kill me. I am only Sarah's friend. And I won't leave her. I will protect her and Tsume with my life, since they have done so for me."
Nishah
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Nishah »

The red gaze remained fixed upon Jimaki, the jaw making slow gnawing movements as Broken-Fang spoke again...

*Human* He does not see... he does not know... Didn't any of you tell him... His human must die before anything can become of him... no wolf will live where a human makes his home... he must be run down, worn out... and killed, a feast for the wolf that will come to live there...

Broken-Fang chuckled

*Human* Nobody told you, poor human whelp ? ooooh... it sounded so simple didn't it... get"bitten".... become a Werewolf ! ge given the Lycan's gift !.... no,no,no, little human.... a gift must be earned... or it must be given by one who cares about the receiver...

*Wolfspeech* But he is brave isn't he... defending those he sees as his mates-to-be with bold speech that threatens to end his life on my claws... He has your fire, Tsume... and your compassion, Sarah... I see why you defended him in the first place...

*Human* Prove me your worth, human-whelp ! Or wait for the good graces of my child to grant you back your life.... for end it will, one way or another... none of your blood challenges the Manslayer unharmed !

A mighty howl rose from the throat of the old Wolf... The scarred mouth still perfectly able to evoke all the dread that humans would feel at night, alone when the manslayer's pack was on the prowl... all this directed at Jimaki....
Ancient
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Ancient »

Sarah listened to all this she looked at Broken-Fang not frightened by the howl of the mighty wolf. Being near him seemed comforting and right. She spoke softly.

"Broken-Fang who was once Dark-Moon. My father. Our bond is beyond my understanding. I think that Jimaki could make a powerful alley. What do you think in your vast knowledge? I would make him a wolf, but surely you are more wise and would know weather or not he'd be a good one."

Her gaze fell on Jimaki and a smile crossed her lips. She knew that he would make a good wolf and a good alley but did Broken-Fang see it too.
She returned her gaze to the great wolf who stood at her side and waited her hand still held in his massive left paw.
Aki
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Wolfblood

Post by Aki »

Alexander grinned, watching the scene from his seat on the large rock he had sat upon. "I would wish to join this pack as well," he said after a few moments.
Nishah
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Nishah »

The Grey wolf looked down on his ward. The girl seemed much stronger then the first time he had laid eyes on her. He had chosen wisely... if only he had been able to raise her himself...

*wolfspeech* He is too much man... not enough wolf in him... the change will not take... his wolf is too heavily chained by his human... We must break those chains before anything can be done... I know how...

Broken-Fang/Dark-Moon tilted Sarah's head upward with a gentle nudge from his right paw. Looking straight into her eyes with red-flecked amber, he waited for a little moment before asking...

*wolfspeech* He will be as good a wolf as we can make him... If you wish, it wil be so...

His gaze only slighted shifted sidewards when he heard the Metal-Wolf's remark.

*wolfspeech* ...and we will speak later... when this - and Tsume's - matter have been settled...
Miguel
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Miguel »

Jimaki sat down and looked to Tsume, Sarah, Alexander, then Broken-Fang. Looking between the four others, he took a deep breath. He wasn't sure if some of the things Broken-Fang was saying were good or bad. He could understand some of the things, but not much.
Ancient
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Ancient »

Sarah's eyes looked up into Broken-Fang's eyes. Her eyes held a deep compassion and a forgiveness for everything. She smiled her smile seemed to brighten up her features.

"I think he will be a good wolf. And if Tsume and Alexander wish to join if you see no harm in it then I think they would make great alleys as well."
Nishah
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Nishah »

OOG : use of jimaki's persona has been prviously approved by Miguel via PM

With a strange smile and a gentle touch of his nose against her forehead, Broken-Fang let go of Sarah and turned towards Jimaki and started to grwol again, letting the redness of his eyes flood back and staring intently at the young man. A hungry gaze came over the face of the Old grey wolf and he approached Jimaki Slowly, crouching on all fours and emitting low, dangerous-sounding growls, while sinking his claws deep into the ground, as if preparing to shred flesh

Jimaki sat uneasy as he saw the sudden shift in behaviour from the scarred beast. He had always thought that the agressive behaviour was some sort of alpha-male bonding with the two women, but now... now it was different... ther really was something in those eyes... a hunger... a lust...to...kill ?

Dark-Moon smelled the sweat on the tender flesh of the human... the smell of fear as sudden realisation crept in that this time it was different... This time there would be blood... He let his jaw hang open, dispalying the fierce array of teeth with a promise of searing pain if they ever where to lock onto the man. He Kept on nearing, slightly faster now, growling more deeply, more aggresively with each nearing step... None of the previous posturing... this was a move to the kill...

Jimaki felt his fear rise... this was it... He reached for his dagger and... saw it tucked in Sarah's belt. He cursed himself - stupid ! Quickly he started too look around for another weapon... the knight ! caal out for his sword, his... he fel short as the shadow of the massive creature fell over him and blocked out the last rays of the sun on his face...

Dark-moon howled... He rose up to his full height, reaching for the skies with his massive arms, speading his claws wide as his arms reached their apex and then sent them crashing down... just where Jimaki had been mere seconds ago... Fear had gripped him... the prey had stated to run...

Faster ! faster ! He mustn't catch me ! I must reach the edge of the woods ! he won't follow me there ! Oh god I can hear him howling for me ! Why aren't they helping me ? WHY !?!

Run manling... run ! make the chase a thrillign one, make darl-moon chase his kill... yes go for the edge of the woods... give me open ground... good little prey-man...

Jimaki ran like the wind, his paces long and swift as he tried to outdistance the monstrous wolf that chased him. His beathing became heavy... difficult... NO, no quitting... we run or we die... we run... run... keep ahead... a small growl of effort escaped the mouth of the young man as he focused on the one thing that mattered : survival.

YES ! now he has it - Dark-moon was rejoicing ! The human had started the run... he had found his pace... and he would only slow down now... only slower...

Jimaki felt his muscles burn... fatigue began to wear him down... the beast was playing with him ! he should have caught up with him long ago ! Anger rose in his chest... a boiling rage that had but one object... The grey wolf... Jimaki knew he was going to die... that much was clear... but with a toothy grin he thought... let's at least give that bastard a scar to remember me by !

Dark-moon lost sight of the human for a mere moment... the little man had ducked in sme bushes... trying to hide ? no... not him... He kept running, closer to where the body had vanished.... only to be greeted by a defiant roar from a hoarse and tired throat ! The Human was attacking ! Barehanded !

The being that was once known as Jimaki was no longer... there was a beast, from deep within that had surfaced. An old beast, a beast of ancestors and long gone tribes... a wolf that had lived so long at the end of chains in Jimaki's soul... but no longer... he felt his body collide with somthing warm and solid, felt the burning pain in his chest and shoulder, but also the strange sensation of something hot in his mouth... hair and flesh and... oh god ! he had bitten the wolf... he had....

As Dark-Moon pulled his claws out of the now dead man, he spat the blood from his mouth... the wounds he had inflicted upon the man would be enough... The man would die... and the wolf would be reborn... gently he touched his forearm, which he had used to bloch the man's attack... a piece of fur and flesh had been bitten clean off... That would scar...

A first howl announced the death of teh prey...
A second howl announced the safty of the hunter...
A third howl announced the finding of a packmate...
Ancient
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Ancient »

As Broken-Fang ran off Sarah watched him go for a mer moment then ran to follow. She didn't know exactally what Broken-Fang was going to do. She ran at full speed and arrived just in time to see Broken-Fang howl a third time. She stopped at the great wolf's side not even out of breath and spoke gently.

"I'm sure all is well."

She notices his arm and places a hand high above the wound.

"Are you alright?"
Miguel
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Miguel »

Jimaki opened his eyes and took a breath. His eyes were unmatched colors. One green and the other amber. He looked to Broken-Fang and shook his head. "What happened to me?" He saw Sarah and smiled.

Looking at his hands, he saw paw-like hands and claws. Jumping up, he noticed his body covered in fur. He was much larger as well. His feet were paws and he had a tail. Noticing the muzzle, he stared at the two others nearly paralyzed. He looked at his black fur and said in a growly tone, "Sarah am I...."
Ancient
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Ancient »

Sarah took a step forward and placed a hand on Jimaki's now massive shoulder.

"Yes you are. This is what you wanted."

She kept her hand on his shoulder in a comforting manner. Her warm honey colored eyes held a serinity in them.
Miguel
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Miguel »

He looked into her eyes and nodded with a smile. He looked to Broken-Fang, who was still massive compared to him. He felt the need to show respect at a time like this. Jimaki knelt down and said, "Thank you Broken-Fang." Jimaki looked back into Sarah's eyes and had a feeling of comfort. He looked up and said, "So....I guess this is my new life," In a relaxed tone.